Is it a problem to have female soldiers in a Renaissance setting?

Is it a problem to have female soldiers in a Renaissance setting?

No, women were invented by Feminism.

Fuck off, Virt.

As long as they are brutally BTFO I don't see a problem.

That was my first thought as well.

"Man, that is some quality Virt shitposting"

Underrated post

Yes. The renaissance was the high point of misogyny, the product of a backlash against women taking men's jobs made available due the Black Plague and justified in religious dogma.

As long as you dont have a problem with females getting horribly raped, tortured and otherwise desecrated in every possible way, no.

Rolled 17 (1d20)

Rolling for buzzword density

/r9k/, go home.

You say that as if it couldn'd and didn't happen to men as well. A hole is a hole right? And sadism doesn't always invovle penetration.

This guy has a point, how realistic is your setting going to be? Capturing women from an opposing army then violating them in every way possible would be a huge moral blow to the enemy and boost to your own. Especially if you let them live and make it back to their own.

I don't see why it would be. Females in the military are just as good as males, just slower and weaker in every way that matters in combat.

nope, i mean, depends on the setting, but not really. Unless you go for realism, then women are just prety things to be looked at, fucked and sold for the most part

>Is it a problem to have female soldiers in a Renaissance setting?

kind of. The view of women really took a steep decline during the Renaissance. The revival of ideas from Antiquity about the role of women and the decline of the importance of the family, really fucked over women's standing in society.

Oh yeah, remember that time when Joan of Arc was captured and raped by an entire army?
Wait... No, that didn't happen.

you think an army of men is going to get more pissed off and demoralized by a dude getting raped or a woman? Get your nigga ass outta here

t. tumblr

you posted the incomplete version. I got you senpai

It is if that image is the first thing you thought of on the matter.

Wasn't the renaissance even more religious-intensive than the Middle Ages with the whole Catholics vs Protestants thing?

Dumb robot.

Actually gay rape of captured male soldiers was (and still is) fairly common.

>tripfag

INTO THE OVEN HE GOES

thaaaats, not exactly true, especially in modern military where the "troopers" are just used for standing on things/in things and getting shot at. Surprisingly enough, thanks to their smaller size and the fact that they tended to be more nibble/dexterous, women would probably make as good Renaissance era solders as men. The "the millitary needs strong dudes who do strong stuff to out strong the other guys" meme needs to die, the marine dose not win the war anymore, they nerdy guy who cant bench press 10 kg in front of the computer that controls the drone dose

>In a time where it was uncivilized to attack officers and higher

Wow so tell me again how this one single instance invalidates the potential of an army being far more brutal? To counter I'll point you to the Soviets marching into Germany.

>Is it a problem to have female soldiers in a Renaissance setting?

Women in support/mule roles were pretty normal in renaissance armies. Meaning they made up at least half of every marching force.