So, remind me again why the Lawyers running G.W. don't want free money by making a...

So, remind me again why the Lawyers running G.W. don't want free money by making a, no SEVERAL series based off the warhammer universe???

Seriously you could have a dozen movies all from wildly different factions and allegiances and the only thing linking them would be grimdark.

Of course they'd have to be well made, I have a feeling Tom Cruise would be up for any role since it's fighting aliens and that's what Cruise is fanatical about.

Why do we live in a timeline where Godemps is the POTUS, but not POT TV's?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/Warpgazer
youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4
youtube.com/watch?v=zlSlIedTBHk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Give it 10 more years when CG is better/cheaper and Hollywood is out of ideas again.
It will happen in our lifetime.

Because every time they have tried to expand their media grip, it has sucked massive balls. It's been horrible. Even their fans hate them. How can they get people to finance money for shows, movies or the like when everyone hates them.

It's why comic movies suck so hard for so long.

That would require people to actually want 40K movies. They don't.

Speak for yourself.

Their only movie is kinda bad.

>Of course they'd have to be well made
Have you seen their recent lift on IP restriction with video games? More Warhammer video games since 2009 than before 2009. More Warhammer video games in other words released in not even eight full years compared to like 20 years. Yet only two or three are actually worth playing, with only TWW actually being damn good minus its DLC caveat.

Not to mention that they have been unable to land some quality guys who want to do cool stuff with the IP either way. A lot of money would be needed to really go all out with a Warhammer film/tv show since high fantasy/sci fi requires such a budget. Otherwise we are only stuck with the occasional mediocre release like that one Ultramarines cg movie.

Yeah, totally man I mean there's not a fan made movie coming out with 100's of thousands of views per video for trailers or anything.... oh wait

youtube.com/user/Warpgazer

and MILLIONS of views for a prologue to a feature length fan made movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4

I hope this is the first step maybe he will reveal how he sweet talked G.W. into getting greenlight.

Because your being on Veeky Forums distorts your view of just how popular warhammer is.
It's really not at all.
Currently even popular video games can't find traction on the screen.

Maybe some Hollywood exec will grow desperate enough to try one day, but I don't think it's even on their radar at the moment.

The most likely situation would be some famous person who is a warhammer fan pushing it as a vanity project, but it would be too expensive I think.

>Tom Cruise
>niche sci-fantasy wargame

Cause it worked so well when he got he attached to the All You Need Is Kill movie

GW doesn't have anywhere near enough money to fund it themselves, and Hollywood studios aren't likely to produce a 40k movie unless they're given a degree of creative control in terms of changing/ignoring aspects of the lore that GW isn't willing to give up.

Yeah but that movie looks like its going to suck.

Oh, and something made by kikewood won't? You fucking dipshit.

They're all going to suck, you dipshit.

They're not doing it because it will suck. Its a barely held together 30 year old kitchen sink setting for selling plastic mens. Fans are idiots who don't understand their own narrative themes so their own content is hot garbage and there's more money to be made elsewhere so no one else bothers.

Movies are too small and 40k is still very much niche.

The best we can hope for are large-scale video games and MAYBE a really low-quality CGI movie on Netflix one day

That being said I still fap to pic related

movies are too expensive*

What about an anime? I've heard Warhams is pretty big in Japan.

I'd start with Time of Legends. Sundering, Nagash and Sigmar trilogies, then maybe Black Death and War of Vengeance/the Beard, then Vampire Wars trilogy, Darkblade tv series, Gotrek & Felix tv series, maybe Thanquol and/or Ulrika spin-offs....
Then I'd end everything as it should, with The End Times.

If WH40K ever becomes mainstream, I'm gonna laugh at these boards bitching about all the normies getting into their hobby.

It's not nearly big enough to warrant an animated series.

A manga might work but honestly the Japanese don't like adapting western things and they have a hard time with it. They have tried to adapt Marvel a few times with mixed results.

I- I just want my Horus Heresy animu with bishonen fujobait primarchs, OK?!?

a 100+ episode LOGH-style OVA would be great (as would the same treatment for A Song of Ice and Fire so we could have a proper adaptation) but I don't see it ever happening

Wait, there's a 40k movie?

youtube.com/watch?v=zlSlIedTBHk

It's hilariously bad

for real?

That has to be some fan made bull shit.

Should I tell him anons?

NOPE

It's impressive how much better the fanmade Lord Inquisitor looks, though not surprising when you consider the Ultramarines movie was made in 9 months whereas Lord Inquisitor has been in the works for 8 years and still isn't close to being done

There is also Damnatus, a fan based movie that is shit like everything else fan made.

It's just what I've heard.

>Yet only two or three are actually worth playing

This. Most of them seem to cheap, nasty cash-ins shitted out onto Steam.

Because you and others like you are dumb and have no idea what they're talking, only spouting retarded nonsense that is less intelligible then the noise that a child afflicted with agent orange makes. You're never going to get your little warhammer movie and if you ever do it will be inherently shit so just shut up you insufferable cretin.

The Ravenor books are basically written as the perfect action movie as they are, I wouldn't be surprised if someone decides to pick them up and make a tv show based off them. Especially after the success of stuff like Game of Thrones and Star Wars and Marvel showing that fantasy and sci-fi and superhero shit can bring you the big bucks.

I'ma cut a slab off you and feed it to the deers, you salty fuck.

>Godemps is the POTUS

Only War Hams would fall for that meme.

You faggots are so raterded.

It would be very hard to make a 40k movie that is both accessible to a general public that generally isn't familiar with the setting, while still being faithful to the source material.

Warhammer doesn't really lend itself to the usual Hollywood sci-fi tropes. The "good" faction is a fascist theocracy that makes Nazism look soft and cuddly, most of the heroic characters end up either turning to evil in the end or dying futile deaths against impossible odds, and there's virtually zero romancing of qt alien girls.

The only way I could see a 40k movie being a popular success is if it focused on a Rogue Trader and his crew adventuring around space.

no mass market appeal

at best, you get one decent adaptation, which will spawn a following that will propel it to mainstream, at which point all the little good is sucked out and replaced with more bad that doesn't fit the universe, then cut off piecemeal until it is worth less than it's admittedly low value before.

at best, in an emperor deigned miracle, you would get a western anime (like AtLA was), but once again, outside the people that know it, it doesn't have any real appeal to other audiences

>Free money
No such thing. Well made does not equal profitable. It DOES, however, mean expensive.

So... too much risk, too little reward.

And do you really want Ewe Boll to run your WH40K movie?

Ya know what?

Lord Inquisitor doesn't look half bad.

Like yeah it still looks kinda bad and the director's over reliance on absolutely gorgeous aesthetic establishing shots is meant to gloss over the fact that characters still walk funny like they're in a 2017 Bioware rpg and lip sync terribly like they're in a 2016 Ubisoft game (because realistically people, that shit is hard as fuck. It's easy to take for granted how difficult this is for a nonprofessional, or even a professional with limited resources). That having been said there's a great deal of effort put into personal quirks of movement in each character. These aren't the stiff robot dolls of Final Fantasy: Spirits Within or LA: Noire. I can gauge the personalities of the Inquisitor and his entourage before they even speak by the way they walk and their body language and the voice acting is good enough at solidifying those expected character types that I can tell it's done intentionally.

For all my complaints I'd still watch the fuck out of it and enjoy the fuck out of it. It's clearly made with a great deal of love and I'd much rather have a low-production-value product (though again, this looks and sounds way better than I thought it would look when I opened the link) made true to the setting by people who give a shit about the material than a high production value cash-in knockoff made by aloof producers appealing to the lowest common denominator to milk out a bottom line.

A-, am unapologetically hyped.

I heard Kubrick was going to direct one. Shit, lads, we could've had grimdarkino by now.

Small base market (40k is tiny in awareness compared to comics, books, other toys etc)

High concept setting that requires a bigger budget to tell a basic story in the setting.
One of the draws to the IP is the grand scale of the setting, thus requiring an even higher budget.

Smaller company that doesn't have huge capital to to get initial funding.

IP is not accessible to public, has a huge clusterfuck of material that is just confusing for new stakeholders to understand what's being proposed and is tonally weird as fuck.
40k by itself is a weird, weird fucking IP that mixes in no particularly sensible ratio extreme violence, immaturity, absurdity, plain bad writing, grandiosity, obscure literary references, nihilism and pomposity.

If 40k makes it to the screen again it'll be small screen animation.

Who fed you that bullshit?
There's at least one doujinshi out there.
No.

Look, as far as miniatures wargames go, it's probably the most popular over here, with five or so GWs in Tokyo. (There used to be only two, but they've been expanding).

From my experience, there's a small, dedicated Japanese community but most of the people buying/playing are expats and us army.

Bolt Action is taking off, since Tamiya kits are cheap and plentiful (and the sheer number of military otaku), but it's still smalltime.

There's a growing X-wing community out in Chiba, but licensing issues will ensure it never gets off the ground.

If you're interested in other games, I'll see what I can tell you.

This
There seems to be a lot of TLC put into this and I really hope this sees completion while maintaining this level of quality (I don't care how many years it takes)

>So, remind me again why the Lawyers running G.W. don't want free money by making a, no SEVERAL series based off the warhammer universe???

Short, fun answer: The sperglord - douchebag market is already saturated with capeshit movies.

Long, serious answer: The existing fan base is actually tiny. WarHamster is all but unknown outside of the slightly larger wargaming hobby and most of those in that hobby despise WarHam. The story/lore is beyond weird, convoluted, inaccessible, and nasty. To do the SFX/CGI "right" would require a huge budget, something an indie or vanity project couldn't raise.

TL;DR - WarHamster is neither as popular or as good as you want to believe.

The thing is, and forgive me if I'm coming across as overly simplistic, that all those ventures they made into that territory weren’t meant as some definitive jumpstart to get the universe going. The fans thus became divided because of what was expected and what they got.

> It's why comic movies suck so hard for so long.
This also has to do with the fact that Hollywood in its entirety is run by a group of people with the creative input of your average office clerk. They simplify, shorten and dumb down storylines, ideas and overall tone of a creative idea; all in fear of losing “the mainstream” market. Hollywood is shit and a lot of its writers are so completely devoid of originality or ability to put forth something actually compelling.

The “movie-fication” of 40k/30k comes up quite a lot; if I can geek out for a second I’d argue for the fact that it should be tried in an animated (anime if you will) fashion with particular detail to capture the “epic” artwork we see in codexes and the rulebooks. Live-action can obviously be done and it could be an absolute visual spectacle, but we all know that requires a big ass budget and practical stuff like Weta to get everything right.

I just want my hype and over the top 40k anime about a qt inquisitor and her retinue and their episodic adventures with a slowly advancing plot in the background

what do you think?

No.