I seriously hope you guys prepare viking-style burials for your fallen comrades in the role-playing games you play

I seriously hope you guys prepare viking-style burials for your fallen comrades in the role-playing games you play.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norse_funeral#Ibn_Fadlan_account
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

As bad as weeaboos are, romanboos are worse, and then far, far, far, far beow even romaboos are the vikingboos.

So... burning of the dead, preventing them from coming back as thralls? Also, this

Only had one comrade die so far in the campaign i jumped on but i arranged a funeral pyre and got a priest to say some words for him at least. The player is a dick and his character was shit but i felt it was the right thing to do regardless.

The priest i got was one i preferred though and not one the comrade would have picked first but he's dead so he can't really complain now can he.

If you die in a dungeon we loot you and roll your body into the nearest trap. We call this the adventurer's funeral.

Ain't that the truth.

>As bad as weeaboos are, romanboos are worse, and then far, far, far, far beow even romaboos are the vikingboos.

First post most accurate post

>burying good magical shit

Would you?

>actually have a massive fetish for pots
>choked the chimp to the one on the right
God fucking damnit

>pot fetish

Wut.

But not before we loot his belongings.

>As bad as weeaboos are, romanboos are worse

Lets take George Washington and Thomas Jefferson and compare him to any weaboo you can find.

I dunno, it just gets me going.

>Bumping this shit from page 11
Fuck off. Nobody cares.

Found the weeaboo. As someone that doesn't care about any of these things i can guaren-damn-tee you that weeaboos are the worst.

If you don't rebury it then the entire adventurer dungeon diving based economy will collapse.

I wish.

The party buried my guy's corpse in a shallow grave after looting his gear, only to end up being forced to fight the guy's reanimated remains when the zombie invasion began.

We leave our dead to rot, or eat them.

My group just gave a dead PC a viking funeral. He died fighting a sea serpent, because his god said he would give him sea magic if he killed one. The party burned him, the sea serpent (they killed it with poison arrows) and the player's boat.

Thomas Jefferson was likely very autistic, so...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norse_funeral#Ibn_Fadlan_account

Viking funerals are Lawful Evil?

>monitoring threads you don't like just to play pretend janitor

You got that back wards doc
>Vikingboos
>Romanboos
|
|
>Weeaboos

Did a viking funeral for an NPC we found dead by a lake once.

Was part of a series of giving death rites to every corpse we found, partially to spite the GM who tried making the case at chargen that there was no way my rogue thief could be chaotic good.

>Still bumping shit thread based about guy having shitty fetish about dead chicks.
Daily reminder you are just as bad as the faggot making "I hope you describe food in your games, or else you are playing it wrong" threads

>Trusting ibn Fadlan on Norse affairs

>SAGE
oops didoop reportidoop

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norse_funeral#Ibn_Fadlan_account

cry more

Last time we had a PC die, we just chucked him (and the other fatalities) off the side of the ship, into the clouds below.

It was kinda unceremonious and a bit funny.

why not... I don't know... have the local cultures reflect their surroundings rather than be an almost exact clone of a historical society!

It's fine to use real cultures and history as inspiration or reference, but to go 1-for-1 duplicate is going to get tiresome for EVERYONE!

If undead are a problem (or perceived problem) in the region then it makes some sense to incorporate some means of destroying the body into their funerary rituals, or perhaps bury them at blessed sites. How does the afterlife work? this would dictate if graves will be flush with stuff or spartan, also might dictate how the body is posed. How important is it to these people to revisit grave sites, they may want to erect grave markers of some sort. All these should be considered BEFORE you work-out things like local rituals and funerary rites.

I'm going to shamelessly steal this idea to use on my good buddies in out campaign.

>Implying average player has any fucking clue about even bare bones basics of anthropology required to pull that
>Implying average player has any meaningful knowledge about the cultures he or she is replicating in the game
>Implying average player gives a fuck about not being an utter shit in world-building
I feel you, bro. The best games I ever had were with bunch of Biology and Geology students, with GM doing a doctorate in Anthropology. Shit was amazing.

Sky burial with mimics. A crawl burial.

Nah, they've donated their bodies to my church so dead party members are kept as intelligent undead in case we want to play them again.