Hey guys? Any advice to roleplaying a convincing cleric of Pelor? Is resurrecting people technically creating undead?

Hey guys? Any advice to roleplaying a convincing cleric of Pelor? Is resurrecting people technically creating undead?

Other urls found in this thread:

tao-dnd.blogspot.ca/2009/06/players-cleric.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You are an especially stupid frogposter.

Yes but saying so doesnt make me smarter

[Pelor is Zarus meme]

I hope not; my character is a half elf

>remaking the same shit thread

Go away, frogposter.

Don't worry, racemixing made the first fucking vampire, and Zarus was one of the alleged parties to that "accident" according to the Elves, anyway. (this was originally the work of Elder Evil, fucking elves)

It was really late when I made that thread; thought I would try to ask again?

I thought Veeky Forums was for discussing table top games, am I wrong? You guys have helped me before, what's the problem now?

Kinda seems hypocritical of him then

If you can't find a better picture with the entirety of the internet available to you and insist on frogposting, you really don't belong on Veeky Forums.

Go back to /b/ or /r9k/.

>the related picture you used has a cartoon frog, so I must act autistically
Is this how you play games too?

>gets called out on shitpost le maymay frog
>cries

this is why nobody likes frogposters

we have containment boards for a reason

To be fair, I'd totally play a frog-centric variant of Mouseguard called The Old Guard

>projecting
They were legitimate questions, not a shitpost, you spastic fuck

A philosophy of bringing the light of Pelor into dark places would be a good start. Be good to your fellow man/humanoid, be charitable (although recognize that you can do more good with a magic hammer applied to a Demon Lord's face than an orphanage could), and be self-sacrificing. The night is dark and full of terrors, and in such times, and you're the only thing between the huddled masses of humanity, the abominations in the shadows, to say nothing of man's own darker urges. Respond to monsters with a mace, and to men with an open hand.

As for divine resurrection, that's god bringing them back from the afterlife to kick more ass. It's holy and sacred, not necromancy.

Different user, but that would be the tits mate
You really don't belong on Veeky Forums. Go back to Facebook and Tumblr, where everything is safe and people don't disagree with others.

Every frogpost is a shitpost.

Here, the first subheading about helpful spells may help you out, not sure about the usefulness of the rest: tao-dnd.blogspot.ca/2009/06/players-cleric.html
>Arguing about something pedantic, petty, and meaningless
I'd say that's about the norm for Veeky Forums, friend user.

Fuck off, frogposter. No one likes your shitty meme outside of the spam boards, so go back to the spam boards.

End yourself immediately.

Thanks. I was really kinda worried about the resurrection thing, because yeah it wouldn't make sense for it to be necromancy but technically they are classified under it, at least in 5e.

Since Pelor's church has this Catholic vibe for it, would think it a good idea to use some adapted Catholic chants? There's only one example of a Pelor chant I could and it isn't too useful in a lot of situations

>frogposter autistically talking to himself just to bump his gay thread

Embarrassing. Frogposters really are the worst.

Yeah, Coreon Latherion literally went full damage control after he accidentally made massatract-Kanchelsis and had every other deity expunge their creation stories, involving deities makign the races from their blood, except the Dragons who literally kept some degree of the story, things went from blood to a little bit of divinity/body they let drop down and stuff made the races in most stories post 2e.

In the first excerpt it was Elder evil, then the next they said "yet unamed god of Humanity" So, Zarus. Which means Zarus is in fact, best god, if we go by the fact that Jozan ends up a Vampire lord following Heroes of horror, and he probably tries to humanize Kanchelsis or at least keep him away from deific affairs as he runs around in his mansion on the layer of the Rake and the beast in the abyss harrassing his own worshippers as his head cleric shags lloth.

It seems you're pretty new to Veeky Forums, so here's a little tip - you can see how many posters are there in the thread by looking at the bottom of the page.
As you see, there are 10 people here - op, eight people having a meaninful discussion and a screeching, furiously shitposting autist.
Hope it helped, and see you another time!

Oh shit, you triggered the frogposter. He's gonna get his faggot friends from the spam boards to start spamming more frogposting.

Really, the only hope is to petition the mods to just start banning them, because we're dealing with turbo-autists here. Do you even understand how autistic you need to be to be a frogposter?

You seem to be mistaken, Because I count it as you and two others bumping your shit thread, while everyone else is telling you to fuck off.

Actually, the Catholic one is closer to St Cuthbert. Who is St Cuthbert, a Catholic hero who even sends you on a quest to an Earth museum to recover his old mace.

Yeah, Earth is in D&D, and it's why some of our deities are present in the setting, some Forgotten Realms races were Egyptian slaves taken from their homes because Elves wanted some slaves and popped a portal to earth once a time.

Then we have the mayan Olmec religions on Oerth, Meepo, and Murlynd.

Also, Read Pic related first user.

Unfortunately, I know far more about fantasy and ancient religions than I do about Real-world religions. Maybe you could alter some prayers to the God-Emperor to be less grimdark? Some of them are already pretty good.

"Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.

For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out."

"The strength of the Emperor is Humanity, and the strength of Humanity is the Emperor. If one turns from the other we shall all become the Lost and the Damned."

Hey man, we're all autists here. Frogposting is dumb as shit, but we've all been idiots at some point in our life. He'll redeem himself in time, and a preemptive retaliation isn't gonna help anyone.

This is a very special kind of shitposting called "effort-posting", the saddest kind of shitposting.

You make awful, boring posts just to bump this thread, and reply to each other like you actually care just to act like you honestly give a shit, but you're really just here to frogpost.

It's a bit of a pattern, and it gets really obvious when you guys can't for the life of you write a post worth reading.

I haven't seen a person this triggered over a cartoon frog since that Hillary rally.

Thanks for the material. The blog thing was actually very interesting.
There's an idea. I definitely like the ones you posted; I'll look into other ones. I don't think they'll be many about charity though

>This is a very special kind of shitposting called "effort-posting"
Jesus Christ, is this guy for real

Hey, just set aside 10-15% of your income for worthy causes. Orphans need to eat, but you need that sick-ass sword of smiting to prevent the creation of more Orphans.

Kek, I wish. We're doing a low magic campaign; the most magical thing I bought was a cape made from a snail shell. I'll probably just donate most to orphanages

>Is resurrecting people technically creating undead?
No, you idiot. Undead are fueled by negative/necrotic energy. Restoring someone to life infuses them with positive/radiant energy.

As a fellow Pelorian player with a Tiefling Paladin, I really agree with what has been stated in these past posts. Try to make your character be an ever shining beacon of hope if you choose to go that route. You should use Pelor as a means to spreading good will and harmony in the light and protect those from the dangers of the dark as stated previously.

As stated here, it's a great idea to just stash a bit of money for those orphans, or that old war veteran that lost a leg and can't work. Hell if anything, is your half-elf able to help building houses after a gnoll attack? Or bless the farms so that there are bountiful harvests? Remember that Pelor is all about spreading life and health to everyone. Just helping someone today will surely pay off.

Overall, play how you think a Pelorian should, read up in past editions of D&D and whatnot to put together something you truly think will suit best for your character. For example since Tieflings can use Hellish Rebuke, my character doesn't shout Hellish Rebuke. She instead shouts phrases like, "Pelor's might!" or "Pelor smite this evil!" since she believes she can make what once is seen as a spell from a lineage of evil can be used for good. Also praising the sun is cool. Give your blessings at every sunrise and sunset.

I hope you find the answers you truly need! Sorry if this wasn't as helpful as other responses but good luck and have fun!