Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1413: The Note Desolation Plays Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12628757/r
pastebin.com/gtjyYdme
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It depends entirely on the Servant in question, but it's usually something that takes one of their notable feats or weapons and transforms it into an item of power or an innate ability with conceptual, mildly video-gamey effects. In that regard, fleshing out a small backstory for a custom servant is usually a good idea before considering Noble Phantasms.

As an example, my Servant often used his mace to break shit. Not just skulls or the ankles of giants, but trees, cave openings, boulders and so on. After he later gave it ornamentation from a monster he slayed it really seemed appropriate. So what does it do? It breaks shit, but in a Nasu way. After committing to a full swing and striking a target, glowing spread out from the point of impact.

After a moment, they explode, dealing significant surface and penetrating damage to whatever got hit. The harder the thing they hit, the more cracks would appear and the better they'd explode after hitting stuff, introducing a scaling element. It's a hardcore armor/shield/fortification breaker. Doesn't scale infinitely since things can potentially tank it, but damn is dodging it the better option the majority of the time.

Take something your hero notably has going on for them and roll with it.

The Hogwarts shitposting last thread got me thinking, what are the best schools in the chain? What are the worst?

In Harry Potter is it worth getting Wandless Casting for full price as a Half-Blood?

Reposting, because I have a lot of Sakaya Pictures.
strawpoll.me/12628757/r

Weird, one of my chains had Zombie Billy Mays as Benefactor (technically a shapeshifer, but they first came as ZBM). He literally broke down a sales pitch to me in a facsimile of my room, starting it on the TV, then crawling out of it halfway.

Fist of the North Star
Jumpchain CYOA
+100CP : Young
+200CP : Blind
rolling for location Roll(1d8)+0:8,+0 Total:8 chose middle of nowhere. Now I can set up my village and we can get started rebuilding the world.
rolling for age Roll(1d8)+4:1,+4 Total:5
Man of Man of Hokuto-300CP
Keiraku Hikou free for Man of Man of Hokuto
Tenryuu Kokuu Hou free for Man of Man of Hokuto
Suieishin-100 discount for Man of Hokuto
Hikou Fuuji-100 discount for Man of Hokuto
Hokuto Shinken-200 discount for Man of Hokuto
Hokuto Ujouken-300 discount for Man of Hokuto
Hokuto Sonkaken -300 discount for Man of Hokuto
medicine free for Man of Man of Hokuto
the plan: only exhibit knowledge of completely different martial arts and rely on my more esoteric senses as I start rebuilding and re-civilizing Australia.

Glowing cracks*, damnit

Some people really hate needing/greatly benefiting from a focus, both because it can potentially be lost and because people like to rely on their own ability. I'd say no, because I don't think using a wand is terribly inconvenient, but that's only an opinion.

Training regiment for Tanya's troops.

>Full day of training
>Returns to their quarters for rest
>Quarters promptly explode
>Loli CO tells them to march 48 hours through the wilderness
>Artillery crew has been instructed to fire upon any detected magic

>Reach the end without drawing artillery fire
>Loli CO tells them that the artilery crew souldn't be left out
>queue le~ 36 hours of artiliary bombardment
>on solid rock so they can't dig fox holes

>Survives this bullshit by intercepting constant artillery bombardment with magic
>Loli CO informs them that the Artillery crews actually have more ammo
>bombardment continues, all but 60 drop out

>Second march through the wilderness
>Only rest is hiding under cover from bombers
>Finally reach the end of the second march
>Loli CO congratulates them and immediately begins their "counter interrogation" training

>Loli CO strips everyone of their clothes and makes them walk naked into the snow
>she then ties them up in a barn and beats the shit out of them
>after this they are immidiatly sent on a third trek through the wilderness
>this time with rockslides and avalanches

She trains her meat shields like a jumper.

Yes. Mainly because needing a wand is for mooks. Go wandless and wordless, just make shit happen.

I pretty much just wrote the skit out exactly as is but inserted weird shit like:

>"NOW you're probably asking yourself- 'Hey Matt-'" At this Matt Foley leapt off the coffee table and into the ceiling. The chandelier he crashed into crumbled underneath his not-weight, and he crushed into the ceiling. "'HOW CAN WE GET BACK ON THE RIGHT TRACK?'" Then the scene began to play backwards again, rewinding until Matt Foley, Motivational Speaker was standing on the table again. Then it played forward again. Matt Foley continued to speak the entire time, staring unblinkingly at user as he continued to smash into the ceiling repeatedly. "As far as I see it, there is only one solution- and that is for me to get my fedora, purchase Kansas and move in because I'm gonna BUNK WITH YOU UNTIL YOU CONFESS."

Quick question:
Does anyone have a claim to the setting of the game Oneshot?
I had a few ideas for a jump, but wanted to make sure that it was clear here first.

I always pick it up when I go there, mainly because relying on a focus creates an unnecessary weak point and forces you to carry it around to use your HP magic. I take great pains to minimize the amount of crap I have to carry at one time.

Hahaha, I don't know about writing mine down, but he basically started on the tv with shitty green screen effects that placed him in the different worlds he was trying to sell. Then he crawled out, starting showing me for real, constantly screaming. "BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!!!" as the war torn landscape was suddenly shaded, a massive dragon flying down from the sky.

In which one of your Jumps did the Benefactor like you the best? Which one of your adventures has been their favorite?

Tanya is a jumper, Being X is a Jump-Chan who's hostile due to drawbacks.

Top kek. That sounds perfect.

Matt Foley wasn't my benefactor, sadly. He was...
...a mistake.

So when was Percy Jackson jump last updated?
The text for things is different from when I jumped it for my chain (two years ago) I only noticed because I was going back to writefagg

Probably Pokemon in my short chain. I went all out to try and prove myself since entertaining them was the name of the game, so I was really outgoing even if I didn't like it. So much fucking adventure. Uncovering corporate espionage, saving or interacting with legendaries, traveling all over the world, running around underground cities and hiding from artificial abominations, entering contests, battling gyms, becoming a champion in more ways than one, building new stuff on the go like a high tech helmet, learning how to box and knocking a Villain Lieutenant's tooth out when he let his guard down (after getting beat up myself to be fair), learning how to surf, beach episode shenanigans, all sorts of shit.

Well, I can't really pick just one. The whole thing is entertaining for her; you see, she thinks it's all fun, but for some reason seeing me suffer and push through it just entertains her more. So it's drawbacks, lots and lots of drawbacks, and more near-death experiences than I can count. Luckily she doesn't force me into something that I absolutely can't handle, so no insta-death drawbacks, buts there's lots of max-CP drawbacks in the mix.

Oh yeah, technically I'm not the one picking perks and drawbacks in my chain, it's her. So there's that.

That sounds concerning.

I still like having my wand even though I pick up wandless casting. However, that's because I've shoved a shit ton of various magic amplification and focus items into it. Not to mention a few utility things like the spiderweb wand from adventure time.

How do Clow Cards work?

In Fantastic Beasts, one of the American Wizard cops throws a car with the flick of his hand.

So yeah, it'd be pretty awesome to get.
It also make people underestimate you if you choose to keep using your wand all the time.
>Expelliarmus!
*wand flies away
>Surrender!
Accio wand
>OH SHI–

They're basically just a spell given life and sealed into card form. Really, really flexible spells.

I'm a little upset I didn't know the manga was so much better than the anime...

I haven't read it yet but I bet the LN is even better.

Hey everybody, I was working on something personal and needed outside perspectives for it to take notes on. What would you say the most common trends, themes and limitations of Stand Powers are?

I think they're supposed to represent some facet of the user's individuality or personality, but a lot of people seem to ignore this.

A lot of Stands need to touch the target in order to affect them. Not all, but it's a pretty common limitation. Combined with the fact that most Stands can't travel far from the user, and that limits range of abilities while also making it hard to both attack and defend at the same time, given that the Stand will be away from the user.

I can only hope

Quick question if I go to fate zero can I summon archer from fate stay night? I mean if I am gonna change things I may as well get someone who might enjoy doing it.

You can only get archer from stay night if you summon him in stay night

You can summon him, but then Gilgamesh won't be part of the story since you took the Archer class servant.

>Surrender!
LIGHTNING BOLT!

Im like fucking palpatine yo.

There is a possibility that I am going to make a jump based on the game Oneshot. With that in mind, I would like to get a quick review on the Drop-In perk tree.

The Drop-In tree is based on the Meta-Aspect of the game, and on the player. (Who is an actual character.)

[Helper {100} - You have a knack for helping others, especially when it comes to puzzles. When directly helping someone with a task, you can apply a small, but noticible boost to their efforts.

Comunicator {200} - You have an easier time comunicating with "god-like" beings. They will be more amicable towards you upon first contact, and will be unlikely to smite you on the spot. In general, this perk ensures that "god-like" beings will tolerate your presence as long as you don't majorly anger them.

Viewer {400} - Through an appropreate technological device, or just through closing your eyes and concentrating, you can bring up a live updating view of any one person who considers you an ally and their immediate surroundings. This view includes audio. You can keep it running for as long as you would like, and you can refocus on a new person at the begining of a jump.

Clover {600} - Once per jump (and only once), you may reset time to the exact begining of the jump. (no later and no sooner) Everything is reverted to the exact state that it was at the begining of the jump, except for your memories. Occasionally a person may remember slight, small things, but will not have the complete story. Major events will stay exactly the same across revisions, but minor events may have strayed a bit from the original.]

>Clover
I think that's a bit much. Stuff that turns back time is usually hard to balance, but that seems extremely powerful.

Jumpers, tell me about the times when you done fucked up and had a bad time.

Also, Batman Beyond is almost done. I just have to finish the items and powers.

I thought that it might be. Clover was based off of the way that the "Second-Shot" NG+ mode was activated.

Do you have any ideas for balancing, or should it just be scrapped?

Im just popping in to get you guys thoughts on a perk for world seed jump, I need to finish items mainly but been swamped by work. Almost done really though.

Tell me thoughts on if I should change the price or the wording somehow if you have ideas please.

Stat Screen (Free all, 200 to keep after jump)
Directly after the advent of the seeds many people found that they could replicate some of their powers outside of the game, the simplest way was checking their status screen, Simply by thinking the word "Status" they could bring up a screen visible only to them showing their abilities, affinities with magic, and their natural stats as determined by numerical values. You can also do this as well, and as another bonus you also have the ability to level up via combat. The status shown gives you simple things such as strength (showing how much you can carry), agility, intelligience (which is directly correlated to how much mp you have), wisdom (which determines your mp regen rate), and vitality which effects how fast you can heal. Every time you level up (which becomes more difficult with each level) You gain a point that you can allocate into any of your stats which gives you a slight increase.

Leveling up is automatic, allocating points is up to the person though and they may place them as they wish, although once allocated there is no going back. Leveling through combat causes the soul of the defeated creature to be partially absorbed into your own souls "buffer" once this buffer zone is full the person levels up. Each level gives 6 points to allocate, each allocation raises the stat by a small amount, for example 1 point to strength raises your lifting strength by about 10 pounds, or one point to intelligience will give you 10 more mp to cast with (as well as making you think slightly more clearly).

World seed as in the one from royal road? If so joy of joys.

Not gonna lie, Wizard NASCAR sounds like the tits.

Well, except for all the stupid fucking bullshit about it not directly connected to racing.

t. Former NASCAR fan

Yeah, I hope I did the thing right. Since there is literally no info on any classes except arcane caster, druid, and the technology I ended up busting the abilities the mc shows and going into drop in, tech, arcane caster, and druid lines. Almost done, I just ended up doing the entire thing on paper and pen last week in business meetings and classes so typing is taking forever on my smartphone.

Got my twin (otoyomegatari) killed early chain by not taking things seriously.
Accidentally a yandere centipede. Worked out in the end, mostly.
Got stuck in Hengsha (DXHR) when the chip thing happened. Was not a good time.
Purchased Torpedo in Generic Mob and ended up with a battered immigrant who'd just been the victim of assault, lost an eye, had broken bones, a concussion, and internal bleeding.

Fittingly enough, Teen Titans. In order to prepare for Trigon's arrival (due to one of the potential Portal canidates), I manipulated pretty much everyone in order to lay my trap for him. I...caused a lot of heart break and pain, setting everything up for my plan to imprison Trigon without him being able to use Raven (or myself) as a portal. Well, the plan worked, but by then everything I had done had been revealed. While I wasn't exactly friends with the Titans, I had tried to have a good relationship with my little sister. So when she expressed disgust with me and my actions, justifiably, and left with her friends...

I...I didn't take it well. And I had no one else to fall back on, plus a lot of enemies now that my actions had been revealed. Did not help that Trigon took the opportunity to laugh at and mock me. It was...not pleasant. He stopped laughing once I started slowly but surely taking his power for my own. If he wasn't using it, and I was on my own...well, I would be putting it to much better use...

So far? Well, he seemed to derive great amusement from my years in Ring of Red, but then he meddled quite a bit in that one so it makes sense. Anyways, I've talked about that one before multiple times. So I'll pick a new one to talk about.

He was also quite interested in my battles with Bill Cypher during Gravity Falls. I think he liked that I shoved the setting so far off the rails that it rebounded on me in ways I was not equipped to deal with. I mean, this was Jump 7. The most powerful abilities in my arsenal were the abilities I had picked up in Teen Titans as Raven's brother and what we had learned from being Constantine's apprentices for several years.

So when I used my out-of-Jump knowledge to steal the Journals, summon Bill early, while at the same time gathering everyone needed to seal him away and it apparently worked, I thought I was head badass of the universe. Until Bill came back five years later in full force because I had been ignoring the signs.

Having my lungs filled with cotton candy for a while was not a pleasant experience. Especially before I had any form of Regen. Getting banished to an alternate Gravity Falls occupied by a murderous, necromancer Dipper and his equally murderous, but no less boy crazy, Mable Pines was just SO much fun.

See above. It was a horrible experience. I set the Portal to wildly overload on the Blue Universe on my way out. /That's/ how bad it was.

Sweet! Can't wait to see it! Good luck KOTOR!

I dunno, I could see the ability working. It's kind of like an emergency reset 1-up with a few side effects. Maybe tack in a line about how the "flashes" another person receives might not always be pleasant things. Like people "remembering" their deaths in vivid, horrible detail even if you change events.

But then, I've never played the source material, so I'm not sure if that's thematically accurate. Just tossing out ideas.

I don't know how to balance it. The first thing that comes to mind is if it somehow makes you unable to change things, but that goes too far the other way and makes it useless.

Maybe instead of explicitly letting you turn back time, if we want to keep something like a NG+. you have/frequently get a vague sense of "deja vu" that lets you remember things that haven't happened yet?

The "flashes" of the game itself are limited mainly to the Protagonist and "Antagonist" remembering that you reset, and a few special characters, but I kind of like your idea. I'll add it to the draft.

So the anime doesn't even hint at the prescience of the other Beings does it?

Maybe deja vu about how your actions would affect the canon plot, and possibly the consequences? I feel like deja vu about only the canon plot would be more of a 400 cp perk, and more fitting for another background.

I'm willing to take any suggestions that anyone has.

I don't think so.

That must really make the folks think Being X is a huge dick, he still is but that's more because he's pety than the fact that the Words of Power were forced upon people to keep the spread of faith in line with the creation of great people. Without the knowledge that the other Beings have been trying to get through to the humans through other means Being X's actions must look malicious.

Dragon Ball AF
Ugly Color Scheme +100 periwinkle and neon orange seriously? UGG!
Hungry Hungry Saiyan + 100 . I hate these even with the infinite ambrosia pouring down my stomach. I'm not satisfied
What are you, Yamcha +100 . I hate these but it's not dangerous and cause people to underestimate the
Frieza’s Army +200 yeah they are DBZ mooks but they are still mooks
Sealed Away +400 just let me pull up my portal gun from my inventory and I will let myself out
alien free
Saiyan – 500 . You gotta take this
go further beyond -300 discounted for Saiyan oh yes, more power
welcoming party free . This way I will know what asses to kick in the future
reduced form -200 discount for alien I need all the training boosts I can get at this point
go all out free for Saiyan not sure what I'm going to do with this besides encourage others
ridiculous power -600 a necessity
scouter free . Now let's see some power levels
alien fleet -300 discount for alien definitely choosing Saiyan and they are definitely keeping relationships and scientific knowledge And since infectious bite has upgraded the majority of my populace into Czarnians they should add some healthy diversity to the gene pool

The plan: join the Z fighters save the universe, I'm as strong as my shoes and my shoes are immune to traditional violence, my attacks cannot be evaded and are conservatively continent busters. Thanks to out of context stuff Nor can I be hit since I'm constantly making little wire sculptures with my offhand thanks to my Devil-tiger charms

Are there any low-danger jumps where I could obtain the ability to activate powers that require speech wordlessly? I want to take The Gamer as an early jump, because grinding buffs and passive skills would be a good way to get physical durability, and Gamer's Mind takes care of mental durability. I really don't want to have to use the "you have to shout the name to use active skills" thing, though. So, any low-risk jumps I can use to get around this?

Well that is confusing as hell, having only seen the anime and read the few translated chapters of the manga I have no idea what you are talking about.

There was an Aldnoah.Zero jump being done right? How's that going?

In Harry Potter you can learn have wandless casting abilities and learn to cast silently.

If you're going to The Gamer early, stop being such a baby about it. There's no reason to go low-risk after that.

Couldn't you use restat for that?

Gamer attack skills are just shortcut macros. Learn to cast that shit manually and you don't really need to shout like an idiot. Even if there is an incantation getting silent magic somewhere else like Mushoku Tensei should be enough to cover it.
Or just say it quietly under your breath. that works too.

There is a perk for free action talking in DC occult, though that is hilariously non early chain.

Also you could just use abilities without system support, you get the knowledge and ability to do skills the normal way after leaning them with the Gamer. The MC uses skills silently frequently so either saying them isn't mandatory and is only done for the reader's benefit or he is just using them without system support, either way should solve that for you.

If your goal is grinding it is better to do them that way since doing things without the support of the power grants bonus XP for improving the skill.

You misunderstand. This is before I go to The Gamer, not after. Preparation, so that while I'm there I don't have to shout "Mana Arrow" every time I fire an arrow.

See, that's what I thought, it's been a while since I read The Gamer (I stopped reading about when the summoned demons showed up), but I remembered Jee-Han casting skills wordlessly. The jump's notes say that you have to say them every time, though. So is this something I should feel free to houserule away, then, as not representing the setting accurately?

Not Words of Power I meant Words of Prayer. Don't know why I typed Words of Power....

When the other Beings and Being X are conversing about means to make the people more faithful they go on and on about how they've tried stuff like divine favor, relics, and magic and such but humans have basically put all the Relics up as displays and Magic has become something the scientific method is breaking down. So Being X proposed a Relic that was actually Words of Prayer, the Type 95 whose power can only be unlocked by prayer, which would renew the faith of those who used it, turning them into saints with power divine.

Pic Related.

In fate is there any way to companion a servant that you did not pick as your servant in supplement?

Oh that, yes that is left out of the anime. In the anime it looks like Being X is the only such being and is being a dick solely for the sake of his ego.

He does call out attacks a whole lot which is probably why that line is in there.
At worst you could probably just wank in a silent mode menu option with restat.
I mean Blade already mentioned a while back that since things are subject to change buying all the Gamer stuff just makes it work like it does in series.
It shouldn't be out of line.

From what I've seen of the manga (I skipped to ch11, so I've likely missed some things) it seems like there are several differences. The most noticeable is the cosmetic one and possibly a world one, as in the anime mages require technology to use magic, especially flight. Also, Being X seems to be completely alone without hints of the others and is in fact completely petty and malicious, essentially using the new world to test Tanya

In highschool DxD it says nonhumans get a free magic system, can I get some help? What did you guys do with your custom system? How does your system work?

Heyo. That's me and Alice's little project, though really I'm just doing the descriptions and some of the items/mecha stuff. Perks are apparently almost done, my side of the items is done and the small mecha section is proceeding well.

All goes well, we'll be able to move on to writing it all up soon. Not a terribly large jump so it shouldn't take long.

Pods.

Alright, cool. Time to level up those self-buffs, make an ultimate paranoia combo.

Do we have any one working on a Dot Hack or Ubel Blatt jump?

Nope, but it would be awesome to see an Ubel Blatt jump!

I don't know about .hack, but I'm pretty sure the last time someone brought up possibly making Ubel Blatt was fucking ages ago, in irc, by someone that has since left. Though I know people have stated an interest in the jump no one has actually stated any intent to make it.

Not at this time. I would fucking love it if we had a Dot Hack jump though. The games were fucking awesome, and it would be cool to use Summon in order to take the essence of the Cursed Wave and summon them in future jumps. That, and Aura is best girl, so it would be cool to meet/potentially companion her.

Huh that's odd. So it's a slightly different story just from the other Beings being excluded.

Skipping the exposition chapters of any manga might be a bad idea, even things like Dragon Ball changed from manga to anime. As for the whole magic thing... The manga verse is odd, to do any good in the manga Tanya is doping herself pretty heavy, doing everything from enhancement magic to outright turning off her ability to feel pain. I'm guessing that was shown in the anime, she goes bumfuckcrazy when she's doing it pic related.

Currently, I'm waiting for the entire season of the anime so I can watch it all at once like I usually do.

God damn she really is straight from Mad Max isn't she

>Magical Berserker Nazi Loli
It's all fun and games until you're bleeding out of every pore.

A violent Jumper couldn't find a more willing Companion.

Ironically she doesn't want to be fighting at all, she just wants a nice safe position at the rear.

I have no idea what's happening with the doping thing in that pic. The magic between the anime and the manga is completely different, there's no mention of any of that in the anime. The differences aren't minor from what I've seen, and I'll have to read the manga from the beginning. It seems like they are barely related beyond the general context of the setting and the MC

Lycoris is better. But I would fucking kill for a .hack jump. I know the epitaph of twilight back and forewards.

Basically... yeah.She's a high funtional psychopath who talks easily about war and peace to the point that one of her recruits things she's a die hard, ends-justify-the-means peacenik.

No truer words. Pic Related.

Huh neat.

Arg pic was for not

I wouldn't say she's better, but she is cute, and I do plan on saving her from being deleted. Biggest problem with that is going to be Morganna, as well as the system administrators.

Go to Kid Radd and grab Data Destroyer and threaten them with it.

Fate stay night the Third Magic isn't all that impressive from the description, is that all it does?

What is this from?

Oh, so wandless casting is canon now?

Youjo Senki

Tanya's rear duty might be the most dangerous place in the world, yet the one entrusted with the task shall still see it as a blessing.

Oh, good idea. It might not be a serious threat to Morganna, but it'll definitely be something to hold against the system administrators.

pastebin.com/gtjyYdme

Tell me what you think. Looking for critiques.

Thanks

It was always canon, you dingus.
There's a guy in the leaky cauldron using it to stir his tea.

Do you recommend the manga or anime?

Youjo Senki

She get's tired of blowing up but she continues to do the job because she doesn't wanna be a person who she fired in her last life, which I found funny as hell.

And Dumbles used it to stop Harry from crashing into the ground at that one Quidditch game with the Dementors.

Manga has Jet-Pack Knights and the anime is very well done, by the same folks who made Overlord if that tickles your fancy.

I don't think the fan translations of the manga are up to par, but the anime has some major divergences from the manga. I guess it comes down to preference. The manga art style is better (imo), but the anime is more polished overall.
I'm currently looking for a translation of the Light Novel.

In the movies, but not the books.

It lets you shuffle around souls and materialize them into a physical state.
The ritual also makes you absurdly difficult to kill and gives out arbitrary levels of mana regen.

It's limited in scope, but if you're looking for soul fuckery it's quite good at what it does.