2 harlequins beating a ton of custodes

>2 harlequins beating a ton of custodes

Seriously?

>Seriously?
I'd like to see you do better.

Well, that's what they get for flaunting those well-oiled abs. I'm surprised they didn't kill more.

>1 Riptide beating an entire armoured division, including over 50 battle tanks and a Baneblade

BL can't into balance or understanding the implications of their own book's events outside itself, and haven't been able to for years, OP.

>BL can't into balance or understanding the implications of their own book's events outside itself, and haven't been able to for years, OP

People who write Tau fluff and fiction are retards who think the proper way to counter a Tau artillery bombardment is not via massed counterbattery fire but to assault and drive off the forward observers.

The only wankery that is justifiable is Space Marines being gods of war that mow down hundreds of aliens without breaking a sweat, desu. Unless it's Eldar elites, or other Space Marines (Chaos or not)

>“It is the truth,’ said Veritus. With a last effort, he pulled on Wienand’s hands, his knuckles white, half lifting his frail body. His face lost some of the lines of pain, becoming open and lighter. He smiled, pleased to share his great secret at last. ‘My name was Kyril Sindermann. I was chief iterator to the Sixty-Third expedition of the Great Crusade. I was present when Horus abandoned the love of the Emperor for the lies of the enemy. I was there as the Luna Wolves were corrupted from within. I was there at Isstvan III when brother turned on brother. I endured the Siege of Terra, and I knew Saint Euphrati, the first of the saints, as a friend.’
He sank back into the mattress.
‘And…’ he gasped. ‘And…’
Wienand leaned in. His last words were as arid and hushed as wind blowing over sand.
‘And I was there the day the Emperor slew Horus.”

This was still GOAT and one of the few genuinely well-executed plot twists of 40k.

It was 12 Harlequins I think

>Implying the Tau writers wouldn't have the Tau's 'superior mobility' to just allow them to ignore massed counterfire and just missile them as they jinked away thanks to their superhypertech precognitive interfaces that can detect incoming fire before it even leaves the barrel

pretty much every 40k book be it codex or black library novel wanks whatever faction it follows

>That spoiler

what's the twist? that some random faggot was on Horuss' ship?

Stop being a newfag

Quints won't save you

your mom is a newfag

Don't give them ideas. If they had that ability, the writers would have included an orgasmic passage devoted to it.

Um... you know a squad of Harlequins can totally take a squad of Adeptus Custodes on the tabletop, now that we have both, right?

> Millions of civilians and IG get crushed by a moving mountain range after landing on an ork moon that teleported to terra and has an atmosphere

Seriously?

You know that Custodes are WS 5 T5 W2 Eternal Warrior 2+ 5++(3++ if they get shields). Harlequins are fucked.

A squad of Harlequins can fight a squad of Custodes, but two Harlequins cannot fight dozens of Custodes solo. Besides, why are you citing the TT, where Marines die by droves to Guardsmen, Terminator Armour becomes useless the moment you shoot it six times with a basic weapon and Orkz with choppas are no more lethal than a Human's fist providing neither side got momentum? TT hasn't accurately represented fluff in years, user.

This is what happens when GW's writers are having sick days and decide to hire interns off the street to write their stories.

Eh. Suck it up.

Pretty much this.

Every single 40k book ever provides a hyper-biased wankfest to whatever the book is about. Pick up an Ork book and see the Orks killing everyone effortlessly, then an IG book where the IG is slaughtering the Orks and everyone else effortlessly, then an Eldar book where the Eldar are slaughtering the IG and Orks and everyone else effortlessly.

40k "fluff" amounts to shitty fanfiction by untalented hacks who are in a perpetual state of trying to outdo each other on how bullshit they can make their story and how much they can jerk it to the faction at hand.

It was a Solitare and a Death Jester, and it wasn't just them. It's not wild and outlandish on either the Tabletop or in Lore.

>It was a Solitare and a Death Jester, and it wasn't just them.

It was a Solitare and a Death Jester, and although they were accompanied they did, in fact, kill dozens off their own capability. This was also, if you recall the chapter, in the same situation in which the Harlequins were being bombarded by the Emperor's psychic presence and ultimately distracted enough by it that it gained explicit mention shortly after arrival.

Still Death Jesters came down in 2 hits(1 with spear) Solitare will be on his own, and even then he will likely lose.

I mean, if anything this seems a stark reminder that they should really wear some armor.

I thought it was stupid. No Harlequin is going to commit a suicide mission to deliver a message they know they can't deliver. It seemed like a waste of time that only existed so someone at BL could run out his last game in novel form.