/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/princes-gambit-joy-exalted-plans-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
What was your worst experience with a Malkavian player?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BW3Ck1ITgvY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Chronicle takes us to the middle East
>Have to retrieve a stolen artifact as a favor to a prince, due to malk fucking up to begin with and it was all we could do to spare ourselves from final death.
>Edgy Malkavian faggot dominate spends his time linking up with some jihadis convincing them some white as a snow leapords asshole is the prophet reborn. Dominates an entire jihadis cell and his retainers
>Have them suicide bomb assamite lair en masse without us knowing.
>Diablerizes an elder and steals artifact
>Go back to the states. He kills the prince, keeps a broken ass artifact and keeps us from fucking him up or plotting by dominating the shit out of us any time he gets a chance.

Getting real sick of this motherfucker...

What do you think the storyteller system does well? What do you think of the does poorly? I am exploring systems outside of D&D

So how does the whole
>lol antes are a myth my dude
Camarilla thing work when you've got their childer and grandchilder running around?

And while that may work on younger vampires, Lasombra and Tzimisce were diablerized in the 15th century; surely an ancilla remembers that there used to be actual antes around

>What do you think the storyteller system does well?
Getting shit MOVING. I recently just had to take a break from Pathfinder. I run simple dungeon crawls, what the system is designed for, but when combat starts it just never seems to end and I'm sick of it.

How the fuck is he even able to do all of this?

What's your favorite style of Hunter game, and describe your favorite hunter that you've played.

Lots of gaslighting and it's not that hard to imagine you've got elders out there to dominate the everliving fuck out of those childe that get too curious for their own good. The camarilla needs to perpetuate this lie more than anything. They need to have the members buy into it.

I always thought they went with the "They are all dead now, man" route.

But Mithras (a 4th gen) rules Britain, and some of the founders of the Camarilla itself are pretty old (Corazon is 5th gen).

It just seems like WW wanted to play the old vs young cliche without thinking about it

I need to know more

Almost nobody in the Camarilla believes what the Camarilla are saying. In the book my group play by there is literally a Camarilla-specific FLAW saying that you actually fucking believe it.

oh god i feel sorry for you

It's said that sufficiently talented Tremere can tell the generation of a vampire from scent alone. Now while the Tremere as a clan probably don't believe in the Camarilla's bullshit (seeing as they started out by diablerizing an Ante), there's nothing stopping one from blabbing to his lover or friends

Wait, are the Antes only the third generation ones?

Antediluvian just means before the flood, so Caine, 2nd and 3rd are all antes, but it's usually used to mean 3rd generation

Who the fuck would a Tremere 'blab to' about Antedeluvians existing though? Everyone and their mom either know they do/did, or know that it's a thing many kindred say and believe, so one more blabbing doesn't do anything more.

A story is just that; a story.

The tremere would have evidence though

Well, Caine is even more elusive than the 3rd Gens and, well, do WE even know what the fuck happened to the 2nd Gens?

It's occasionally brought-up that there are *probably* other methuselahs who should technically qualify for the term but are not generally referred to by it.

And they must be pissed, honestly.

Well, nearly all the stories agree that their childer killed them; the only thing that's unknown is who sired who and how many of them there were

What do you mean, splats? Legacies? There's one example Legacy in the corebook, but no other official ones. There is, however, an user doing a pretty good job updating some of the old ones.

Also, nothing new on the sixth Watchtower, although I assume the options in the Chronicler's Guide are still valid.

The Tremere are the Jews of the Vampire world. Few in number, disproportionately influential, and usually distrusted- even if they are telling the truth.

They got nommed by the antes. It's why Cain gave them extra curses.

Unless you're saying they would be teaching forbidden-to-be-taught disciplines to these others, who would indeed know the truth but be extremely few, it's still just someone saying it. Nosferatu would say it in private too.

>Lasombra and Tzimisce
Disgraced thugs and weird perverts say they heroically triumphed over those enemies only they can defeat with their militant cult? Seems legit.

Jyhad explained: "Antedeluvian" being used to refer to a specific generation instead of its actual meaning of people from a time period. Discluded members angry.

See, that sounds like bullshit. All of the 2nd gen just got killed? Who are the 3rd gen running around with the power of a 2nd gen? There should be 2-3 extra powerful clan founders.

If some guy was able to guess everyone he's met age, and then he tells you that your boss is actually 120 years old, wouldn't that make you think?
I'm not talking about what the clans themselves say- I'm talking about the fact that both Tzimisce and Lasombra antes were still around during the medieval era, and were blatantly ruling
I don't know why that would be particularly strange- a childe killing his sire happens all the time, and the 2nd gen were definitely outnumbered by the 3rd

Lasombra is pretty much dead, but maybe wasn't diablerized. Tzimisce may have faked his death, but I prefer to believe Lugoj ate him and then went bonkers enough to decide becoming a gigantic mass of flesh was a good idea.

Yeah I meant legacies, exploring the lore and more player options. Can you give me a link to the user's work done so far? I'm curious as to what's updated and if I can use it for myself.

And what do you mean by mentioning the Chronicler's Guide? Is there info on the Sixth Watchtower there?

Lasombra definitely wasn't diablerized- Gratiano didn't gain a gen from it.

Maybe it would be enough to convince who they tell. But Tremere are both secretive and distrusted and actively forbid their members from revealing this information.

It's not a challenging revelation to uncover or something that uncorks an avalanche of change when a few people do uncover it. One group of dudes in a bar hearing it from a drunk, soon-to-be-dead Tremere could indeed have their eyes opened to this, to no real consequence. Everyone older than themselves already know it, and those within the Camarilla would probably punish them for trying to spread it. The entire Sabbat sect know it too.

>I don't know why that would be particularly strange- a childe killing his sire happens all the time, and the 2nd gen were definitely outnumbered by the 3rd

Do we really know of any confirmed 3rd gen that got diablerized? I mean, Lasombra didn´t. Tzimisce didn´t. Saulot didn´t. Even Capadocius diablerie was "incomplete".
I find it hard to believe the 2nd gen would be any easier to take down.

Honestly, why should 3rd gens even fucking know about Diablerie?

Note- killed =/= diablerized. Killing doesn't necessarily mean devouring his soul.

This too.

Noddist lore has the first case of diablerie happen by accident, when an Assamite judge was executing a toreador and accidentally ate her soul

Good question, actually. So, they just killed the 2nd gen and never tried to drink their blood. Possible, I guess, but still sounds weird. It gets weirder when you realise the only source old vampires had about the 2nd gen were those same 3rd gen guys.

>Can you give me a link to the user's work done so far?
Sorry, didn't save it, but he tends to post and update it regularly in this thread. And sadly, my Google-fu is too weak.

>Sixth Watchtower
IIRC, there's some stuff about it in there, but it's mostly options for your game. Maybe it's an honest-to-Oracles sixth Watchtower, now surfaced because the Exarchs have somehow be weakened. Maybe there's a shift in the Supernal Realms. Maybe the categorization into Paths is flawed from the very beginning. Maybe it's an evil Abyssal Watchtower. Nothing concrete.

I think drinking their blood is way weirder; it's one thing to kill your parents, it's another to cannibalize him

Not even Brujah. Every clan gets their own mythology with a big monster dad at the end that's maybe a myth but definitely isn't and may have been destroyed but totally wasn't.

They have to drain all of their blood entirely and drink all of it. That's a weird thing to do if you don't know about diablerie, especially since several 3rd gens would have ganged-up to take them down - they can't share it or the process doesn't work, so they have to for some reason decide that one person should drink all of their blood to see what happens.

1) drinking vamp blood is awesome
3) Cannibalism is one of the themes of vampire
2)they had fangs

Dia would have been entirely possible. they just wouldn't have a word or even a modern taboo about it

About the clan names: when did they emerge exactly and where do they com from? I know most probably don't come from antediluvians, except maybe for Ventrue. Lasombra, Toreador and maybe Brujah are from Spanish, Nosferatu is Romanian, Tzimiskes was a Byzantine Emperor. What about the others?

I'm not saying it wouldn't have been possible, just that they wouldn't know of the act itself.

And it might have been for the best - the major reason they turned on their sires is because of how powerful they were. If one of their siblings had gained that power, he too would have been killed.

Don't think about it too hard, Gehenna itself laughs at you if you thought that Brujah was his actual name.

Then you've got bullshit where Lasombra (shadow in Spanish) is actually totally you guys just a transcription of Lau-Som-Bheu, which means profiting by knowledge" or "profiting together through domination"

Side question on the ancient vamps: Did Caine and kids start out with all their stats skills and disciplines maxed? Or did it take time to develop into the unstoppable things they became?

I think they actually had to practice to get as good as they got, since Tzimisce was described as meditating for long hours exploring the limits of Vicissitude

Cappadocian comes from Cappadocius forgetting his actual name and only remember being from Cappadocia.

I think it's likely Lilith taught Caine disciplines up to 5 dots before he ever had any childer, it makes sense that it would take time for these things to develop. Attributes maybe (who cares), skills unlikely (they change based on what civilization you're in after all). The antedeluvian childer were known to study things long and hard to get to where they did, like the Cappadocians backstory.

Not necessarily.
Absimiliard (The Nosfe Anti) Killed her sire Zillah because she scratched him slightly during the embrace. That's how he got his clan curse by Caine, being so obsessed about his looks, Caine transformed him into a hideous monster, and since then he tried to hunt down his childe by killing them to earn Caine favour again so he would eventually lift his curse.

My GM says that they often go off the rails with primary universe, it's just how comfortable they are with running games.
They're also upset by the fact that you can't just choose two strong and one weak arcanum. Would it be a bit stupid/mary-sueish if we were to go all Sixth Watchtower and do it that way? In case we get something for story-time.

user eating your enemy to gain their power has been a belief from before pre history.

If anything they wouldn't understand or know it academically but they would instinctually. Hence bordering more on the sweet accident scale.

>Nodist Lore
I've always looked at Nodist lore as vague stories that might or might not have happen. The general structure of the story is there, but the details are more summary of lots of events. I remember reading in one of the Tortie books of an elder elder waking up and saying you believe what now? and then going on about the name of their clan is a reference to the Minotaur. Interesting stuff. It's all revisionist history

>user eating your enemy to gain their power has been a belief from before pre history.

In the real world.

Who's to say that in oWoD that belief didn't originate from the practice of diablerie?

And yeah I know Noddist stories are basically fairy tales, I just brought it up as an example.

Still, the lack of a 3rd gen turning into a 2nd would indicate that either they couldn't, or wouldn't, diablerize the 2nd gen

St is a shit.

>After killing the fuck out of the prince, he announces the city is a caliphate. If you're not down, gtfo or get destroyed.
>Blood binds our female party member and makes her his Bride. Forces her to wear a burka and shit. Also whores her out to kine in downtime for money. He has jihadi connections up the ass but does it because he's a sick fuck.
>Each time we plot against him, we find out she's been feeding him information, so we get mindraped for the trouble or in my case, gets one step to a blood bond.
>Decides he needs to take out primogen to consolidate his rule. Forces us to be the lieutenants in his proxy wars for the control of the city.
>Decides he needs more manpower so he calls up his buddies at McJihad to bring him some hardcore Isis dudes.
>Gets told to fuck off.. At first.
>Ohthankgod.jpg
>"B-but think of the struggle and our war for the caliphate. We need this. You need this."
>"I didn't see it that way." Fucking sends him assistance. He makes them ghouls. He makes them commit stains during the day while vampires are sleeping to smoke them out.
>Ok, this needs to fucking stop. We set up some elaborate plan to lure him out into some garou den and have his ass get mangled by some furries.
>"Ok, but under the caliphate we'll let you have your forests and shit. Life is sacred and we must preserve it. Promise :3"
>The garou buy his bullshit. So whatever primogen try to come at him get a very nasty surprise. The ones that don't get burned alive or torn to shreds. He just diablerizes.
>Now a seventh generation kindred with vast wealth. The backing of garou. And a ghouled up terrorist sect behind him and an unrevealed artifact as a trump card to asspull with.
>Literally the biggest enemy in the game and yiub can't think of shit to do about it.

Ok, but It's a specific process that needs to be followed, and they can't share and have to decide on who does get to do it for some reason. Even a group of cannibals would have feasted together, come on.

Actually, just choosing your Superior an Inferior Arcana is also an option in the Chronicler's Guide. You might want the players to create a pseudo-Paths for their specific combination for working with the Yantra system and for flavour, but there's no reason why it would seriously unbalance the game.

Antes are the bastards that killed Caine's childer and want to eat everyone under him.

They're among the beefiest denizens of the oWoD setting, right under Caine & Lilith, both of whom are under Archmages. You don't fuck with them.

user that's a misunderstanding of what diabo actually is. It's not the blood but the soul. Sure you can split the blood in his body between ten thirteen or a hundred fangs, but there is only one soul. Only one lucky fuck can drink the soul.

It's like King Cake for Mardi Gras

>Archmages
What makes them stronger than the god-vampires? Isn't Lilith a vampire? What about the Crone?

again my stance was that diabo operated on the more instinctual level because
1)Vamp blood tastes like herion+speed+cocane
2)fangs

again I can only boil it down to a few things. The younger killed the older. What gens they were only matters academically. It's like saying a god killed an older god. They're still gods. Its the basic Greek myth except blood. Chronos slaying the Titans. and in turn Zeus slaying chronos.

stop falling for bait

Lilith is more like a super vampire; she's got all their powers without their weaknesses (except needing to drink blood.)

The Crone is most likely dead

so at what point did you start calling them out for being masturbatory fucks?

...Lilith isn't a vampire. She gave Caine his Disciplines, that's all. She's closer to a mage, which was actually a common theory back then. A Verbena of ancient times.

Vampires Cucking mages from before Time
Kek

>announces the city is a caliphate
>Forces her to wear a burka
>The garou buy his bullshit
>Now a seventh generation kindred with vast wealth. The backing of garou. And a ghouled up terrorist sect behind him and an unrevealed artifact as a trump card to asspull with.
Punch him in the face

No less than three times but they think I'm being a buzzkill or some shit.

I'm actually planning to leave this game. There's nothing to be salvaged from it.

Honestly. I want to. I hate this kind of shit.

>Neckbeard Vamp pulls his fedora over his eye and goes on six page monologue
>eating blood is so edgy, I am a woeful monster
>Mage just makes a tree explode and the splinters stake the cringey palmfucker.
>time for tea

Dude sounds like absolute cancer. I could only imagine the bullshit if this faggot was allowed to play mage

>impotent rage

user, is he able to read your thoughts and intentions? What are the limits of his mental domination powers? Give me everything. I'm no expert on the system and I'm no genius, but maybe everyone here can give you some ideas and advice as how to deal with him.
This shit ain't flying in the night sky no more.

The garou backing a vampire especially is beyond retarded, kindred to them are things that should not be on a primal level, some exceptions could be made for really high humanity virtuous individuals, but that is clearly not the case here.

You know the Camarilla would have sent a justicar and a fuckload of Archons down to erase him, right?

Sound like your ST is a retarded piece of shit.

The dude should also punch the ST in the face for allowing this bullshit

>What makes them stronger than the god-vampires
Common sense?

ok, sorry for a bunch of things, swedfag of old ghuard present. I played OWOD a lot so i have a couple ideas, let's see what sticks, i'vee played with a shitty ST, i've been a shitty ST. The game attracts a lot of "special" people.In my day the numero uno issue was the goth crowd monologuing, or buffy fans going on empowerment trips. I have seen a lot of this shit, from people wanting to be 3'rd gen characters and swordfighting an assamite as the sun dawns, to a werewolf with a chaingun in full swatgear chasing a coterie.

you wan't to leave? do it. This trainwreck is hard to swallow, you do you amng (or galg)

I) connections. This is TOO big, the sabbath won't like unsettled status quo being shaot on, the anarchs (being middling but still, it's a hook) REALLY hates Religion being used as a power tool, and the camarilla will wan't trip that shit faster than the ventrue went for carthage pussy. Can you do a two dot or more "boon" call? or connections?

II) That Domination is not domination, it is thaumathurgy, if the blood slave snitches on you, fair énough, can't she fucking expend willpower to free herself? Can't she ask to roll a "hat have i become check" does no one outside of the coterie give a fuck about her? can you get someone in?

III) is the ST just appeasing this person unendingly? are they BFF or someshit? or Does the ST just go with it? If so, can you get them to favor one of you to engage you more?

IV) go old man henson. Just do it. Escalate.
Roll in the mages, the hunters, a f*cking abomination. It seems like the kind of campaign that ends with seattle being swamped with revenants (old joke) game anyway.

So, how 'bout that CofD?

>The garou buy his bullshit.

lol wat

The Garou would literally kill the messenger on the spot.

And then use their Spiritual "Fuck You" skills to track down whoever sent said messenger, and then kill that guy too.

This is just pants-on-head retarded.

Leave the group. Try to salvage any members who are equally fed up with that bullshit, and either start a new group or find another one to join.

only know OWOD- it goes back and forh- remember he old "VAGUE-oooh-spoooky" book of nod supplement?

i agree completely

"what is the wyrm for two hundred dollars alex"

same angry old swede

Get this, solve all problems.

wormwood

How do folks following the Path of Power and Voice do social stuff, ever? They've got instinct, which means they autofrenzy whenever they hit a chance to frenzy greater than their Instinct (max 5). A lot of stuff is more than 5. And while they can "ride the beast", that just directs the frenzy, you're still a psychotic murderbot.

So how do people with instinct exist in social situations without killing everyone?

How is it common sense for something to be so unashamedly unbalanced though?

>Jhadis
Now's as good a time as any for an anonymous tip to the FBI/NSA/Leopold/Technocracy

They're not even explicitly in the same universe.

In oMage, vampires are scary monsters that can be laid low with magic and cunning.

In oVampire, mages are hubristic but powerful mortals that must bow to blood and manipulations.

The biggest monster is always your own splat. As it should be.

In both oWoD and nWoD, balance is not a factor. Some beings are stronger than others. You can disagree with it, but that's how it goes.

>In oVampire, mages are hubristic but powerful mortals that must bow to blood and manipulations.

Even in Masquerade this isn't true.

stop being mad magecuck and quit posting gay gandalf shit. no one cares about your bait posts.

>The biggest monster is always your own splat. As it should be.
In Vampire they make one thing clear. Avoid werewolves at all cost

Fuck you He's glamorous and you can't stop him from picking up all the boys

I need some pointers for running a W:tF game. Every game I've been part of build down to 'murder the motherfucker and make his skull into a nifty trinket'.

I'm not expecting to turn it into a political thriller but some diversity in gameplay would be nice.

When is this not the case though? Mages and werewolves have always been above vampires in Masquerade. Werewolves eventually lose out to elders however.

I once had a group of shovel heads take down one --singular-- wolf. We had to firing squad it with shotguns, but it worked. Numbers win out in most combats. still won't recommend it we all nearly died

If you're just going to get down on your knees and suck off Phil's brown eye. could you st least not do where everyone can see you?

>Werewolves eventually lose out to elders however

youtube.com/watch?v=BW3Ck1ITgvY

>Don't post Underworld videos

>You will trigger White Wolf

omg can yall stop using mage as an exuse your sexually repressed feelings for you dad's hard cock. We get it you love being slammed down and pounded over and over again. BUT We're trying to play a fucking game here not watch you wack off under the table

Are the vampfags once again trying to deny that they're the weakest splat? When will they learn?

Holy shit shut the fuck up you incendiary cockgoblin.

Even the vampire players like me are sick of this shit.

Let it fucking alone.

Who even cares anymore.