What is funnier - smart barbarian or tavern brawler wizard?

After some rolling of stats I ended up with great physical stats and highest intelligence in the party.
How do you stop temptation of making smartest character in the party a barbarian?

You could be a retired scholar who got tired of academic circlejerk at the capital and just wants to rape and pillage.

And now I have this image in my mind of a lizard sitting on the coast, reading a book, while eating the scholar to whom that book belonged...

Obviously RNGesus demands you to play a fighting wizard.

The world needs more armoured fighting wizards.

I 100% agree

>How do you stop temptation of making smartest character in the party a barbarian?
Why fight it? Barbarians have nine skills, at least eight of which are generally useful. Combine that with more points than you know what to do with and you'll have a Barbarian who can jump, climb, swim, indtimidate,handle animals and ride like nobody's fucking business.

Play him like a wizard version of Ted Kaczynski.

Why not multiclass?

>you savage, you fight like a barbarian!
>well, my magical studies never allowed me to take up conventional swordfighting so i just stuck with lifting weights while reading my tomes

>You'd be amazed at how angry one can get at shoddily written essays on the magical capabilities of Jorunna Parva

>Rolling stats

It's amazing the little things your remember from certain bits of media. in FF12 there is a side quest you have to do to advance and it involves doing favors for people in the city of Arcadia. One of them is checking up on the little brother of this woman who's afraid her more acadmically inclined brother isn't getting swoled enough as is the tradition of their family being hunters. At the end of it he explains he's been doing reseach into proper exercising and does works out for some 2 hours a day.

So yeah, be a Swole Scholar.

smart barabarian

-"Good sir, I would advise you and your friends to cease this mindless violence immediattely"

*mindless violence continues*

-"ah well, if you cant beat them, join them" *eloquently goes berserk*

so beast, from X-men

what is this image meant to convey

OP buys Apple.

Smart Barb. Grab Arcana or History or sommat to really sell it.

I never understood why Barbarians /have/ to be dumb. It's not like Conan was some dribbling Rip n' Tear retard.

A barbarian can and should be confused or confronted with the customs of the "mainstream" culture, just as people from that culture wouldn't quite understand his. But that doesn't translate to idiot. He's just got a different perspective.

Besides, it's way more fun when your barbarian is pragmatic and ruthless than just some bellowing brute who's incapable of articulating anything other than killing.

This, be punchwizard. Mostly punch, the wizard part is just 'cause you're smart.

D&D created some stereotypes along the years, now 99% of the people can't see past them.

My last character (and perhaps my favorite in my whole 15+ years of roleplaying) was a female barbarian elf archer. Some people, think that an elf barbarian is weird, and others argue that a barbarian archer makes no sense, but I bet none of them have ever witness a more barbaric character than my beloved elf.

word, I think I'm going to have my monk brute slowly channel barbarian elements into his training, like hes coming to terms with how massive and strong he is and using it for good

I really do kind of resent how the standard barbarian template is a Not!Gothic warrior man who can't read and thinks with his axe head.

If I ever get the chance (forever DM) I hope to one day play a barbarian styled around an Apache or Maori.

Dumb wizard: a mage picked you up on his travels from the country side thinking he saw promise in you.

Your repeated failures at mage school embarrassed him and you were eventually kicked out.

You now spend your days going from pub to pub getting drunk and doing cheap magic tricks to afford ale.

Eventually, you get mistaken for a powerful wizard and brought to small local court to settle a political dispute.

You attempt to cast Zone of Truth and in your panic, fumble. You do however, manage to cast Prestidigitation to cover up your misstep and the court buys it. Through a grand flourish and much showmanship, you step to the Lord Mayor's bowl of food, pick it up, Prestidigitate it to smell foul and proclaim loudly that there's been an assassination attempt on the Lord Mayor. You cast Acid Splash as you fling the bowl to the ground and the ensuing result convinces the court that there is a would be assassin among you. You declare that the intricacy of the spell used to poison the food indicates necromancy and that had the Lord Mayor eaten enough of it, then he surely would have been turned into a ghoul. Denouncing the cook as a conspirator, you declare that the architect of this plot must have been someone who would gain from his death.

You scan the room to see who people mostly look at and declare that you shall cast a spell that will reveal such a person. You ritually cast Detect Magic followed by Dancing Lights. You declare that the lights will hover over to the architect of this plot and using your intuition, you single out the most socially inept person in the room. You move the lights to their location and call for the guards to arrest that man.

The court cheers at the power of this new magus and the grateful Lord Mayor pays you your handsome fee, plus a little something extra. You leave from the hamlet and continue on your journey pulling con after con across the countryside in all manner of courts.

Plot twist: you're an arcane trickster

Well hopefully one day you will get lucky

Int 7, Wis 18
the size of your brain isn't what matters, it's how you use what you've got that counts

>tiny brain high int low wis
>average brain medium int medium wis
>massive glowing brain low int high wis
>ascended brain 3 int 20 wis

?

So would kobold barbarian trap maker that steals books fit?

hes just too lazy to go find the picture of that fucking brain size meme