I am honestly surprised to see no Guild Ball thread on here, as popular as it has become

I am honestly surprised to see no Guild Ball thread on here, as popular as it has become.

I started tabletops with D&D, got in to 40k because of my roommate, went to fantasy and AoS, followed by warmachine and a long list of other games, and now I've finally settled on GB.

Out of everything I've played, this is by far my favorite system.

As a Pundit, ask me anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamforged.com/
static1.squarespace.com/static/56728f72a128e6b1e548ec55/t/5836b3986b8f5ba7a0d3a82a/1479979944479/GB-Season3-Rulebook.pdf
steamforged.com/guildball
vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Guild_Ball
youtube.com/watch?v=NsS5-1pxjpw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How can I convince a bunch of 40K and Blood Bowl players to renounce their evil ways and come to the light?

We have a thread every once in a while. Last one made it all the way to bump limit, too.

It's a great game, I concur.

Because Bloodbowl is superior?

>As a Pundit, ask me anything.
First question: why the hell didn't you post the OP?
steamforged.com/

Season 3 Rules
static1.squarespace.com/static/56728f72a128e6b1e548ec55/t/5836b3986b8f5ba7a0d3a82a/1479979944479/GB-Season3-Rulebook.pdf

All cards available online
steamforged.com/guildball

Official Vassal Module
vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Guild_Ball

Battlehammer Batrep with new Brainpan and Memory model
youtube.com/watch?v=NsS5-1pxjpw

Why would I want to switch to GB from BB? Convince me.

waot for actual original fluff and good miniature to come out

You don't, because every game that is advertised as another game, BUT BETTER will have an awful community, because it attracts awful dudes that want to pride themselves that they play the "better" game

Oh and it will also have no instrinsic value, because all positive attributes will only be derived from comparison with the "worse" game

That's the irrational attitude of someone who's afraid of change or is brand-loyal to a fault.

Oh, you're right, now I totally understand why Guildball is so great. It was me who was the problem

I don't play Guildball. Or BB. I just saw a stupid post and thought I'd reply.

BB is lolrandom fun with a decent amount of skill involved

GB is less lolrandom but the same amount of skill

Depends on which flavor you prefer, or are in the mood for.

Plastic sets for when?

>As a Pundit, ask me anything.
Alchemist and Fish nerfs when?

Is being a pundit that good?

oh look we're on the forums

hunters buff when though actually

Also when will Harry be shit like in s2?

By show casing the game, I suppose. GB is more of an actual strategic tabletop game than BB is. BB is your beer and cheese boardgame, where GB is your fine dinner style affair.

Guildball is growing, significantly. It has a very real competitive presence, if you want it, while also promoting a great casual atmosphere.

The company, Steamforged Games, is absolutely fantastic. They really support their players and scene, and do what's good by them. They're not out there to make a huge profit.

GB is pretty cheap. 6 character teams to play, and each guild has a lot of variety. This summer they're re-releasing the team boxes. $55 for a team of 6 metal models. All the original guilds will get these, and then plastics will follow.

The game is easy to learn and pick up, while also providing a really satisfying strategic depth. It's hella fun to play and you feel rewarded or punished by your mistakes in the best way. The guilds are all pretty balanced too, too; there's no team that's like... pure gold. It's really dependant on player skills

BB is for autistic retards.

Farmers in April, and all the new guilds will be plastic.
I think it's fun. SFG takes great care of us. In Nov all active pundits got a free copy of the kickoff box. The prize support is extremely nice, and we get daily responses from SFG staff like Jamie on the closed fb group. Occasionally we get emails that have spoilers a few weeks in advanced, but half the time we learn the same time as everyone else.

Not likely ever. He's is a great place and I don't see them pushing him back down again.

I'd play if the models weren't so painfully generic.

I don't have that info, nor do I think we will see 'em. Do they even need nerfs?Your statements aren't wrong. However I don't know anyone who does that with guildball. It's cheap enough and the games are small enough that most people, especially in my meta, play it along side other games, primarily warmachine. While I personally thing GB is a better game, I don't knock on people who like other things.

I personally love it because it's the first tabletop I've been able to really comprehend, and afford!, without having to play for three years to win my first match. I was able to internalize the rules and concepts in two games, and I've started winning a lot more as I understand things better. I'm currently one of the best players in my group, and it's the only game where I've been able to best people haha.

The story is also fucking amazing. I love it. I got to interview Sherwin, the author, quite a bit for an article. He was an awesome dude to talk to. The community around the game is the best I've experienced so far as well.

How do you mean? I find them to fit their particular style and setting. They also do well with their individual guild themes, I think. Maybe it's a little generic because it's medieval fantasy, but at least there aren't elves and shit. Not that I'd mind.

Because I didn't know it. I don't lurk TG often.

You can't really compare them because they're not similar at all, apart from having "ball" in the title. BB is it's own thing. Guildball is just warmahordes sports edition.

I can't wait to purchase "Tater" the generic farmer with a potato sack flung over his shoulder. Why is he even lugging potatoes around anyway? I thought he was playing sports. The model fails on multiple levels.

They're farmers. It's the it schtic. Within the setting, theyre pretty unique. Hell, when was the last time you saw a farmer of any significant kind in a tabletop brawler?

They're sticking to their theme, more or less. The guilds are their professions, so it's expected that someone from the farmers guild is going to be carrying around a sack of whatever to beat the shit out of someone with. Just like I expect my Masons to be carrying hammers. Just like the Hunters are wearing pelts and have a lot of daka and bullshit traps.

The guilds fit their setting and do well in it. I don't care to compare it to another setting because it's done very well so far to set itself apart.

>bringing a sack of potatoes to a brawl where edged weapons and actual guns are allowed
Literally retarded. He'd be better off twohanding his scythe.

Some folks don't use anything at all. Take Velocity for example. She literally just kicks shit. I mean, I don't really care. I'm not likely to play farmers. Maybe. I need to get my s.Brisket union team first

>ITT autists don't understand that not everything has to be 100% serious all the time
Don't worry about it guys; humor is for OTHER kinds of people. You don't have to understand why it's there - it's not for you.

Kek

Its per model cost is pretty ridiculous, Infinity is cheaper., that said tournament lists are 9 dudes and you only need 6 for a game.

>Post yfw Avarisse and Greede aren't just petty criminals and are a legitimate threat
Also holy shit, Vet Hearne is wearing Obulus's coat.

>55$ for a 6 man team
Holy fuck that's fantastic.

The story is actually a lot of what's keeping me invested. It's really, really well done and I can't wait for Season Three to drop so I can start reading more into it.

Might have to grab fishers

Holy fuck, he is. Wow. Also fuck a&g
It is. And it's only getting cheaper. Unless you're being sarcastic. But, it's more about how much you need to play. With GW or PP, you spend $60 for ONE unit, and you still can't play with them. Here your 6 man team gets you immediate tournament play and 70% of your guild. See attached image.
Saaaaame.

Infinity is also a.... shitty game. Let's be honest. The rules are so convoluted and complicated it's not even remotely worth the cost of the models. I had such high hopes for it; it was the right price and the right aesthetic. The game itself was even worse than trying to play 40k and turned me off after the first two games.

GB's per model currently is high, I agree. 12-20per figure , 30 for vet kat. However, as you said, given that you only need a minimum of 6 to play competitively, I say that offsets it wildly. Theres also the current guild boxes and the new ones. Additionally, the switch to that nice plastic is coming soon. Even further saving us money is SFG moving to all in one boxes. From there they do little expansion packs, saving customers money and stores space with fewer skews

No dude, I'm 100% legitimate. I've got a full Engineer, Union, Mortician, and Butcher team. I love this game, and have a 16 man community up here, and we're doing a qualifier this saturday.

shame the engin and butcher boxes arent very good. The fish ones pretty solid though only angel and salt don't see a ton of play. Krakens cuttable but generally hits most 9s.