Bitcoin Mining on Track to Consume All of the World’s Energy by 2020

>The network that underpins the virtual currency bitcoin is projected to require all of the world’s current energy production in order to support itself within three years, according to estimates.

>Analysis of how much energy it currently requires to mine bitcoin suggest that it is greater than the current energy consumption of 159 individual countries, including Ireland, Nigeria and Uruguay. The Bitcoin Energy Consumption Index by cryptocurrency platform Digiconomist puts the usage on a par with Denmark, consuming 33 terawatts of electricity annually.

digiconomist.net/bitcoin-energy-consumption

>The bitcoin network’s energy consumption has increased by 25 percent in the last month alone, according to Digiconomist. If such growth were to continue, this would see the network consume as much energy as the U.S. by 2019, and as much energy as the entire world by the end of 2020.

newsweek.com/bitcoin-mining-track-consume-worlds-energy-2020-744036

What the fuck do Veeky Forums?

BEWARE

THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE NWO FUD

BANKERS ARE GOING TO SAY CRYPTO IS GOING TO DESTROY THE ENVIRONMENT AND BAND CRYPTOCURRENCIES

BE AWARE OF THIS AND CALL THESE FUCKING SHILLS OUT

MEME WAR 2 IS UPON US

thats not how mining works you artard

Invest in utility stocks you idiot.

>Cuckweek

GPUs don't need energy?

DELETE

BTC is a horse and carriage

ch-ch-ch-chia

No coiners are going to jump on this hard. They will use muh environment because they are actually jelous as fuck.

This. Infinite profit.

I'm pretty sure Bitcoin would collapse before that kind of thing could happen.

that's the point

>BANKERS ARE GOING TO SAY CRYPTO IS GOING TO DESTROY THE ENVIRONMENT AND BAND CRYPTOCURRENCIES

But we have cryptos explicitly designed to be eco-friendly

I guess when that happens, who will rise to the king of the hill? Litecoin, Cash, Digibyte, Monero, Dash, Doge, or something else entirely?

Oh wait, I forgot about ethereum or ether.

Just bought 20k BZC, who cares, maybe it'll get to the normies.

I AM WILLING TO DESTROY THE ENTIRE GOD DAMN PLANET IF THATS WHAT I HAVE TO DO TO GET TO LAMBO LAND

>We took the most extreme two points of data over 30 days and extrapolated to 1000 days
By the third trimester, there will be hundreds of babies inside you

what a bunch of horsecock.

>GPU

ar fucking tard confirmed

As a reference, there was a similar article a few years ago about consuming more than Denmark and BTC actually beat their predictions and used even more power than their crazy prediction.

Ark doesn't require massive mining farms. Just 51 delegates who don't even mine via hash busting.

Uranium futures.

Bingo.

>bitcoin will require so much energy it will make all energy sources except nuclear unviable
HOLY FUCKING SHIT M80S
IS THERE LITERALLY ANY DOWNSIDE TO INVESTING IN CRYPTO ?
>keep going fucking up
>can't go anywhere but up due to limited supply
>is about to destroy jewish hold on the world due to destruction of fiat
>will sodomise raw the women and shitskins by forcing nuclear eletricity generation adoption
>makes nocoiners butthurt
Fuck, i need to do my part and begin to mine bitcoin myself.

You're a bit special.
If the bitcoin network gets enough users that it needs the entire world's power to run, the same thing happens to the next crypto that gets equivalently popular.

Christmas lights use more electricity than mining

How does it work then faggot?

WOW

Ark also doesn't do anything.

>man runs computer
>computer runs algorithms to check BTC transactions aren't double-spent
>???
>Profit
What have I got wrong?

I for one will be happy to see those faggots trying to depend on faggot hippie energy sources like wind and solar get bent so we can get some actual power out of nuclear.

So, uhh, good time to invest in nuclear energy?

this was the play all along. suck users in with muh libertarian money muh own bank. then they suck the normies in with the greed - just starting to happen now. then once enough people are in, they'll pump this story hard to herd everyone to their coin of choice being adopted by the new superpowers (megacorporations) and it already has the number of the beast in the logo and it will be used to monitor and track everything. and it doesn't need a separate network to power itself. the modern appliances and goods we already use will contain the chips that will run on and be the network. IOTA. the end

>Infinite exponential growth projected to be disastrous in a white room scenario
>Meanwhile such a thing is not remotely feasible in the real world

I'll never get over how poorly lit Africa is.

protip: if you're actually a new world order illuminati global bank puppetmaster, you don't actually give your game away by hiding the mark of the beast, or a pentagram or whatever, in your fucking logo. The fact you see anything remotely evil in IOTA's logo means that it's not a masterminded currency, because real evil banksters would make a cryptocoin that looks friendly, not evil. Like Bitbean.

World Destruction was my end game all along.

They eat mud and still believe in witches.

Same.

>MUH ENVIRONMENT

no coiner coping cunts

I saw this a few days ago and also thought "wow, what a shitty clickbait headline". In the article, they do say "Such a projection is purely hypothetical" but that doesn't excuse the doomsday headline.

You know, crypto mining wouldn't be "dirty" if we put serious effort behind improving sustainable energy. But of course it's easier to sell normies on prophesying the end of the Bitcoin bubble

you're presenting your speculations as fact. as it happens i speculate that the elites flash their logos and fucking boldly announce how they're going to fuck us before they even do it. and we're just not even paying attention. so they feel justified. if we're going to behave like cattle then that is how they will treat us. they don't have to hide who they are and what they're doing, they don't even bother. it's just normies can't believe in organized evil at an institutional level.

the google chrome logo and the iota logo are similar. and google is no natural tech company, that shit is inqtel to the core. an arm of the global surveillance state. total deep state puppets.

>free energy
kys faggot

>if we put serious effort behind improving sustainable energy
Less and less people are going to do that because they elected a fucking meme president

It's a legitimate criticism and I have a feeling eco-friendly crypto is gonna be a big thing in the future

"Clean coal" bro :^)

nocoiners getting desperate
saying we're going to destroy the planet and shit lmaooooo

and so along comes a company with the same logo as evil google, the 666 in a circle logo. and they're talking about block chain cities full of refugees where every aspect of human life exists on the blockchain, for our benefit apparantly. but it's clearly about control.

iota as a technology has evil applications, an evil looking logo, and they've boldly announced some orwellian shit they're up to.

whatever, back to sleep.

Would you rather Trump endorse Bitcoin or renewable energy R&D? I'm torn because I don't want the Earth to slowly degrade into a hot, volatile shithole, but I could use my magic internet money gains to buy a Tesla and "do my part"

Why not both tho?

Look up the internet of things. Every time you move a muscle, they'll know, they'll track, they'll control. Crypto is a trojan horse unlike any other.

Usually "would you rather" questions are an exclusive or, but you're right. Maybe he'll have a stroke or something and bring this shit up in his next State of the Union.

How about we spread some misinformation about how Bitcoin mining is being used to fight ISIS; Trump and his cabal would probably buy it

you couldn't be more wrong. disclosure for those who see is paramount in their philosophy. putting it "in plain sight" is their justification for butt fucking the retards who can't see it

why do you think i typed that shit out? that's exactly what i said

>Would you rather Trump endorse Bitcoin or renewable energy R&D?

He'll never do either. He's a huge fucking idiot

Kek and most of us will be well positioned by then.

>The bitcoin network’s energy consumption has increased by 25 percent in the last month alone, according to Digiconomist. If such growth were to continue, this would see the network consume as much energy as the U.S. by 2019, and as much energy as the entire world by the end of 2020.

That's a big IF you dumbfuck reporters.

If anything, it could spur the innovation of new energy generating techniques.

no shit. i got in at .6 and laughed all during the /pol/ refugee FUD because i see the long game.

Not only are we taking all the normies money but we're also taking all their electricity.

They're gonna be satoshiless and living in darken squalor.

>the future of humanity is covering the galaxy in Dyson Swarms just to mine more bitcoins

wew. well meme'd
cryptocurrencies are really scaring them shitless if they have to resort to downright oligophrenic writeups like these

do you even know where the electricity to charge your car comes from? have you planned that out? how about the batteries, you do know there is no environmentally friendly way to make batteries right?

but you don't want to take the bus. the environments not that important to you. face it, you just want a shitty car that cant go very far and needs a new expensive battery replacement every couple years, and you want to pay out the ass for it, so you can feel rich and smug about saving the world or some shit. fuck you.

call me when battery technology evolves past the century old shit we're using now. without carbon supercapacitors and a nationwide charging network electric is just a larp.

No completely agree, but i think their true coin is yet to come. We still have a few years till mass forced adoption. You guys gotta remember theres alotta old fucks out their with alotta fucking fiat clutching it till their death. They also hold alot of property that is overvalued. When they pass, their heirs will dump the properties for .1 btc

I know this is a text-based forum, but I was being sarcastic. That's why I put "do my part" in quotes. Calm down.

Only 100%? Boring. Needs to be at least 10x or 20x to get Veeky Forums's interest

>till mass forced adoption
to me, this is where you're mistaken. to force it upon people would bring resistance. the FOMO bringing in normies now is much better because they're begging for it. then, to offer an already functioning coin as a "green" alternative would be an easy sell. it's just my take and it could be wrong; we'll see soon enough

>out-extrapolating OP
we only need to do this until capitalism is defeated - its the real dragon we're waiting to slay

>to offer an already functioning coin as a "green" alternative would be an easy sell.

It's why I plan to get into a few green cryptos

globalists will destroy bitcoin, its already starting to happen, get off bitcoin and get on the monero train now.

> its the real dragon we're waiting to slay
pluto is in capricorn until 2023. it'll be over by then

smart. being ahead of everyone is the way to make money

Wtf are you doing. Probably eat factory mest don't ya?

no, i'm not a monster

do you think it's possible to build up infrastructure there and make it first world or would some other part of the globe come and wreck it?
it really is weird how they dont even have buildings

It wasn't enough to drive the 1070 I wanted up, was it? Y'all fags wanna go the next step and destroy civilization next. I'm fucking apalled.

>retards never heard of Moore’s Law

Power use goes down, not up.

separating Veeky Forums from /g/ was a mistake..

>Le bitcoin is ebil

Like i said dude, these old fucks will hold their shitcoin till it bleeds to fucking nothing.

kek

It's been attempted, but it's never succeeded becuase nobody has been able to get rid of the native population.