Mfw they take some of my most favourite characters from magic, in tamiyo, nahiri and avacyn, I dig silver hair OK...

mfw they take some of my most favourite characters from magic, in tamiyo, nahiri and avacyn, I dig silver hair OK? and make one a psycho, kill the other and ship the other with have

mfw I love it, I like it when they actually do stuff with characters, and I wish something irreversibly significant happens to the jacetice league

To stop this thread from being a shitpost:
ITT: where do you want the story of MTG to go?

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/stone-and-blood-2016-06-15
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

*with jace

God fucking damn it

>irreversibly significant happens to the jacetice league
Like them losing a huge fight, being scattered to the winds, and never banding together again because they're all in the farthest parts of the multiverse without a spark.

Not sure if you're saying this out of spite but that sounds REALLY cool. It could be a samurai jack kind of deal where they spend their lives trying to meet again always getting close but not quite meeting.

This might happen next. It seems unlikely that they would beat Bolas and he hasn't had a victory in a while, so in Amonkhet the jacetice walkers might get their first loss.

In the mtg story I just want to see new worlds. I think that is the best part of the lore, so I wouldn't mind if they just continued that with the jacetice league searching across the multiverse for a way to beat bolas/protect the multiverse.

Heck, new phyrexia might start their invasion of another plane soon, that would be fun.

>ship the other with Jace
She is literally married to a bunnydude on Kamigawa. They run an orphanage.

>I wish something irreversibly significant happens to the jacetice league

You guys just don't know how to read the writing on the wall do you? Jacetice League is here until the enigmatic and eldritch forces of WotC Market Research decides they've fallen out of favor, at which point they'll be quietly dropped for whatever 10 year old pop media trend they decide to suckle from next. God knows that's gonna take a decade or two.

>something irreversibly significant happens to the jacetice league
I do hope this happens, but I don't think the kind of thing a lot of people are hoping for will happen, and honestly I think that's okay. the gatewatch is a good idea, and a central cast is a good thing for magic. the problem with them is the execution, and the relatively slapdash way they just kinda suddenly existed. that said here's my magic story wishlist in no particular order:
>nissa encounters nahiri somewhere, they fight for controved reason, then realize they're both Zendikari and nissa shows Nahiri that home's fine. she instantly goes from vengeful revenant to WHAT HAVE I DONE? and is forced to cope with the fact that she's as much of a monster as anyone
>tarkir, turns out ugin left sarkhan in charge, and told him to unfuck the plane. he didn't want dragons turning all the humanoid races into their buttslaves, Ugin's all about balance. Sarkhan has to rile up all the clans to rebel against their dragon overlords. set ends with the five dragon clans slaying their respective elder dragons, reclaiming their clan names, but retaining ither dragon members. five-way wedge dragon war ensues, everything is actually better by the end, aside from all the war.
>ob nixilis and nahiri throwdown, round two. during or after the nahiri nissa encounter above would be great but regardless, demon man should get his vendetta.
>ob nixilis meets garruk, theyhave a burly, scary wrestling match. they "join forces" to go after lili, which just boils down to ob wanting the veil, garruk wanting lili dead, and neither if them really being dedicated to teamwork. mosrly I want Ob around when lili's chain veil bullshit comes due
>vryn. just go to fucking vryn. have jace's shattered little psyche take him on a rollercoaster of wtf moments, but vryn is a very unexplored setting that could be a fun hook. I vote Chandra somehow act as catalyst for this trip because chandra and jace seem like they'd be fun alone.

>chandra and jace seem like they'd be fun alone
You just want Chandra to kill Jace
we all do

>she instantly goes from vengeful revenant to WHAT HAVE I DONE? and is forced to cope with the fact that she's as much of a monster as anyone

People who think "murder an entire plane of existence to get back at one guy" is a reasonable response to a situation, are not the sort of people who undergo this kind of revelation.

Nahiri is the greatest ongoing threat to the Multiverse. Bolas seems to prefer that it continue functioning more-or-less as is and only wants to increase his personal power; the Phyrexians are, at least for the moment, trapped on New Phyrexia (and there they should stay. Forever). And the Eldrazi are either dead or asleep.

Nahiri in contrast has demonstrated that she is more than willing to lay waste to millions of lives at a time in order to carry out a grudge against just one man, and is patently unwilling to stop and think thing through or investigate matters beyond her initial assumptions.

Hell, even Sorin's and Nahiri's cards depicting their views on vengeance stand in perfect contrast. Sorin prefers a single clean stroke that ends things (Note that it costs exactly 1 more than Sorin's origianl planeswalker card, meaning that you can play Sorin, use his middle ability to reduce someone to 10 life, and then on the next turn play Sorin's Vengeance to simply kill them dead).

Nahiri, in contrast, sacrifices her sanity in order to lash out at everything around her.

Nahiri needs to be put down.

Oops, meant to post their respective cards for contrast.

My point in all of this is that Nahiri, on meeting Nissa, is less likely to go:

>"Oh, hey, we're both from Zendikar. Zendikar is fine? Awesome! I will make up things now."

And more likely to go,

>"HA HA HA! YOU! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO RELEASED THE ELDRAZI?! HA HA HA HA! AND YOU LIKE THAT FIRE MAGE?! HA HA HA HA HA! I'M GOING TO OPEN A PERMANENT PORTAL ON KALADESH TO NEW PHYREXIA! BECAUSE YOU LOVE CHANDRA AND CHANDRA LOVES KALADESH! YOU DESERVE IT, FUCKING ELF! HA HA HA HA!"

This makes me hope Wizards is going to bring the "Nahiri is really fucking pissed about what the Eldrazi did to Zendikar" and "Ugin knew damn well that they could have killed the Eldrazi, he just thought it was a bad idea and lied to Sorin and Nahiri" threads together. Return to Tarkir with Nahiri upending the Dragon's rule when?

The worst part is we know the Gatewatch is gonna have to get shoehorned in because that's what Magic is now.

>>"HA HA HA! YOU! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO RELEASED THE ELDRAZI?! HA HA HA HA! AND YOU LIKE THAT FIRE MAGE?! HA HA HA HA HA! I'M GOING TO OPEN A PERMANENT PORTAL ON KALADESH TO NEW PHYREXIA! BECAUSE YOU LOVE CHANDRA AND CHANDRA LOVES KALADESH! YOU DESERVE IT, FUCKING ELF! HA HA HA HA!"

Can't help but think you're exaggerating a little though. Nahiri's more complex than that. Plus I think Wizards would rather ignore that Nissa is the one who released the Eldrazi.

I don't mind including the Gatewatch because literally everyone in it is someone Nahiri, in her delusional, genocidal insanity, would blame for what happened to Zendikar.

>Nissa directly unsealed the Eldrazi, over Sorin's warnings
>Jace and Chandra battling in the Eye of Ugin was a huge part of the seal weakening in the first place
>Gideon was unable to stop the Eldrazi Titans from laying waste to huge parts of Zendikar
>Liliana Vess' name is literally an anagram of "A Villainess" so she's probably involved too somehow.

>Can't help but think you're exaggerating a little though.

When "genocide is a proportionate response" is a person's legitimate line of thought, I don't think you can exaggerate enough. Or an even worse possibility - the genocide that happened on Innistrad was entirely incidental to Nahiri, and all she cared about was the fact that it would hurt Sorin more than anything else.

I rather like Nahiri as an omnicidal maniac with no sense of proportion.

>>Gideon was unable to stop the Eldrazi Titans from laying waste to huge parts of Zendikar
>>Liliana Vess' name is literally an anagram of "A Villainess" so she's probably involved too somehow.

Yeah you may wanna go open up an incognito tab and get rid of your massive hateboner. Yes, what she did is wrong and a massive overreaction, but its not like Sorin just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. He locked her in a sensory deprivation vault for hundreds of years and broke a promise to save her home from being eradicated.

I see the inevitable Nahiri/Gatewatch conflict going more like
>"Hi there I'm Nisaa and I'm from Zendikar!"
>"Hi I'm Narhiri and I'm from Zendikar!"
>"Let's be friends!"
>"Yay"
>A FEW HOURS LATER
>"So anyway I dropped an Eldrazi on his plane."
>"Wait, you brought Emrakul to Innistrad? That's even worse than the time I awakened the Eldrazi!"
>"WHAT?"
>"Oops"
>"Hi, I'm Gideon! I have done nothing but defend Zendikar and fight Eldrazi since they were released!"
>"That's nice and all but you're still on the elf's team. Death to you all."

>Or an even worse possibility - the genocide that happened on Innistrad was entirely incidental to Nahiri, and all she cared about was the fact that it would hurt Sorin more than anything else.

That is literally the motivation she gives in the story. She's only hurting them to hurt him. Sorry buddy.

>I rather like Nahiri as an omnicidal maniac with no sense of proportion.
I think what's really scary isn't a brutal maniac who clearly has no business anywhere but at a therapist's, but someone who's calm, rational, and polite, but deep down being able to commit absolutely horrible atrocities and convince herself she's in the right.

It's like the majority of Nazis; they were just normal people who had been through economic hardship, and this smart charismadic leader guy told them it was the fault of the jews and the gypsies and next thing you know we got genocide.

To say "Oh, she did this terrible thing, she's clearly a mentally damaged person" is to deny that we all have the possibility to do unspeakably evil things to each other. Its human (and apparently kor) nature.

>and broke a promise to save her home from being eradicated.

Accidentally. He accidentally broke the promise. Even Nahiri's perspective-story on how their original throw-down happened had Sorin observe that he hadn't meant to ignore the promise, that the creation of the Helvault had, accidentally, made Innistrad a no-service area for interplanar cell phone calls and furthermore have him state that it's something he can fix.

Nahiri didn't even think that he was LYING about that, she just thought that he was being a dick and so tried to drag him to Zendikar even though he explicitly stated that he was in the middle of something and, as Nahiri herself had told him, there was no pressing crisis at the moment because she'd been able to deal with the problem herself. He just wanted a little time to finish setting up protections on his own plane and then he'd come to Zendikar. But Nahiri - at that point, a literally immortal oldwalker - was having none of it and decided to attack Sorin.

This all happened over the course of just a few minutes at most. She went from "Sorin-dono is my trusted mentor" to "DIE DIE VAMPTHING" in less time than it takes some people to decide what they want at a McDonald's.

I'm not saying that Sorin is, by any stretch of the imagination, a good guy. What I'm saying is that I have not read a single thing that suggests that Nahiri was capable of rational thought even BEFORE she was locked in the Helvault, nevermind afterwards.

The second or third block after the MtG movie tanks they'll break up the league, I assume that's the earliest they could do it either because of how much time it takes to develop a set.

Beth stop being crazy. Tamiyo isn't with Jace or the big cat man, go back to your erp's.

Emotion does crazy things to a person. I can't believe you've never been tired, frustrated, and a little uhappy and then some uppity prick gets his attitude up in your face.

Let's look at the day Nahiri had;
>Wake up after thousand year Oldwalker slumber
>OH GOD THE ELDRAZI ARE BACK
>ON MY PLANE
>Get the people who swore they would help me if this happens!
>Call Ugin!
>"I'm sorry, the number you've reached in not available. If you'd-"
>God damn spirit dragon probably off drinking tea.
>(Cut to Ugin being dead)
>I know, I'll call Sorin-senpai!
>(Sound of static on other line)
>Well gee thanks, glad I SACRIFICEDMY PLANE'S WELLBEING at your behest, guys!
>Have to put down AN ENTIRE GOD DAMN ELDRAZI UPRISING myself!
>Spend god knows how long cleaning up this mess.
>Go talk to Sorin, already pretty pissed about everything.
>"Sorin, WTF man?"
>"What?"
>"Eldrazi were awake on Zendikar! You didn't come to help at all!"
>"Yeah sorry, I was busy putting up a bunch of protective barriers in my own very special plane."
>"What about that promise you made me? I just spent a week stuffing Ulamog into his cage again! Entire Kor nations were wiped out!"
>"Lol not my problem"
Which is the point that Nahiri gets pissed and goes to slap some sense into Sorin. I'm gonna continue this because it's fun.
>Giant angel appears and bitchkicks you.
>An angel, a being of pure white mana, defending Sorin, a black mage and also an unholy vampire, from you, a white mage.
>And to top it off with a creep cherry, it looks like you but bustier and with longer hair.
>"The fuck, man?"
>"Yeah this is part of my defense system."
>"Well call it off! It's gonna kill me!"
>"Mmm... nah."
>Get locked in Helvault
>Can't feel my anything
>Slowly gets crowded with a bunch of demons.
>Eventually even Avacyn
>Okay that's pretty funny but I'm still pissed

Again, attempted plane-o-cide through body horror is absolutely the wrong thing to do, but you can't act like she was being completely insane.

Tair?

Like, 60% of all the problems in MtG could have been solved by old walkers sitting down and talking like adults instead of acting like petulant children with the power of gods.

The rest of the problems are people without god powers being dicks.

>Let's look at the day Nahiri had;

I don't think it was ever said that everything had happened in just one day, and even if it had, I'm still leaning towards "irrational" as her default state of mind.

"Irrational" is the natural state of mind for Old Walkers.

The saddest part of it all is that it's all the writers fault, it's obvious Nahiri wasn't in the Helvault till they needed her to be. Sorin wasn't retarded enough to leave his pupil locked in there for centuries until the writers needed him to be. The whole story of Return to Innistrad was incredibly contrived.

I still can't believe you've never once been angry enough that you wanted to slap someone. And that's without spending however long fighting horrors and watching people you care about die.

But you said it yourself, you just want Nahiri to be an omnicidal maniac ready to commit genocide at a random perceived offense. I think we both know it's not what she's meant to be, though.

>ITT: Nahiri apologists say they waifu can't be wrong.

>"Nahiri is a batshit psycho!"
>"No she's just an asshole"
>"Fucking Nahiri apologists"
Idiots like you are why nobody knows what "morally gray" means anymore

>Morally gray
Genocide is now morally gray boys

Slightly out of spite, slightly out of thinking it would be a good direction
>In the mtg story I just want to see new worlds.
Same. I like the different settings and lore, but I'm not the biggest fan of the jacetice walkers (then again, I've hated planeswalkers since they've become cards)
>new phyrexia might start their invasion of another plane soon
That though, is what I'm hoping for. My body is ready for perfection

>I still can't believe you've never once been angry enough that you wanted to slap someone.

Sure I have. I've never been so angry at someone that I want to draw a sword of eldritch power from the ground and start cutting them, however. Those people are called "psychopaths".

Nahiri's intent was not to "slap" Sorin. It was to do him grevious bodily harm and then drag him to Zendikar, leaving his own plane at a "critical time" (according to him, but we are given no reason to think he might be lying). All Nahiri had to do was wait a little bit for him to finish up with Innistrad. She's an immortal, already five thousand years old at this point. She has the time.

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/stone-and-blood-2016-06-15

In her own perspective story, her own "take" on events, she strikes first, rejects several offers from Sorin to end the fight and pretend it never happened, and rejects every attempt at rational explanation Sorin makes.

It's not about whether or not I "want" Nahiri to be irrational. It's that she has continuously demonstrated herself to BE irrational. And I can easily see her lashing out at anything she thinks is remotely connected to what happened to Zendikar. Certainly Nissa, who released the Eldrazi. Certainly Chandra and Jace, who weakened the seal. Certainly Bolas and Sarkhan Vol, who manipulated Chandra and Jace into doing such. And certain Ugin, who liked to Nahiri about the Eldrazi and whether or not they could be killed to begin with.

Until Nahiri's dead or undergoes a radical and frankly unbelievable character reinterpretation, I'm not going to consider Kaladesh, Vrynn, Tarkir, Amonkhet, or Alara safe.

Incidental genocide done simply to get back at one man, specifically, is apparently morally gray.

I tolerate the jacetice walkers, they have potential. I donÄt know, I don't see them getting in the way of exploring the worlds.

I just hope we get new ones instead of revisiting old ones all the time.

This. She's a married woman with children. She respects Ajani and thinks Jace is a baby (which to her he is and to Liliana he should be.)

New worlds? What the heck do you suppose Kaladesh and Amonkhet are? And then the next one is supposed to be some kind of Aztec world.

I want an image of Griselbrand and Avacyn squished up against Nahiri in the Helvault.

>Killing a plane infested with demonspawn, Vampires, Werewolves and the humans that worship them

Genocide is the good route here friend.

I know that we haven't revisited the old worlds too much, but I still think for a multiverse there are not that many worlds.

>Aztec world
Is this just Maro teasing or is there a source on this?

>respects
Man, they're basically besties. Ajani drops by the orphanage on occasion and hangs out with the kids like he's their uncle.
Holy crap, you're still triggered about Nahiri? It's been nearly a year, man. You've got to let go. Just like that guy who's triggered about what happened to the angels.

This image was part of a poll or something about MtG, which contained the Amonkhet boosters (which we saw a bit later) along with Hour of Devestation, Atlazan and Conquest of Power were revealed and confirmed to be legit but the packaging is only a concept or something. Looks like Atlazan is a combined Atlantean and Aztec/Mayan plane.

>they should make a story about this

I'd rather see Jace brainwash Chandra into a non idiot

Fraternal pairings are of minimal importance when creating a functioning biosphere. The reason for this is rooted in elementary pairing theory. In simple terms, antagonistic pairs are dynamic, while fraternal pairs are static - even stagnant.

An example - compare the generative spirit (formed from the pairing of chaotic and progressive humours; see fig. 1) to the axiomatic spirit (a pairing of the progressive and unifying humours; see fig. 2). The generative spirit is active, throwing off novel forms and patterns as the two humours struggle to establish dominance. In contrast, the axiomatic spirit turns inward, refining and enfolding upon itself; an intricacy without purpose. When applied to the creation of viable life, it can clearly be seen that generative spirit is of far greater use.

Why do people think Tamiyo was an oldwalker?

As the superiority of antagonistic pairings has now been established, we may turn our attention to the four other such pairings, and their relevance towards the creation of a functioning biosphere.

The adaptive spirit (fig. 3) is a combination of the progressive and primordial humours. It represents change, especially in response to stimuli and adversity.

The basal spirit (fig. 4) is a combination of the primordial and libertine humours. It represents the cyclic nature of all things - birth to death, growth to decay, and from death and decay, new growth.

The hierarchical spirit (fig.5 ) is a combination of the unifying and libertine humours. It represents the truth at the heart of any system: that any single component is superior to some others, yet inferior to many more. From this, cruder concepts emerge: the food chain, the increasing complexity of life from plant to herbivore to carnivore, the interlocking importance of biodiversity.

The imperial spirit (fig. 6) is a combination of the unifying and chaotic humours. It represents the spark in the soul - the innate drive to triumph, to master, and to conquer - to spread and assimilate, to love and cherish those close while hating and destroying those who are seperate.

And now to the cycle of life, clearly seen in the proper ordering of the five antagonistic pairings (and in fig. 7).

The generative spirit creates life.

The adaptive spirit forces new life to change in response to threat.

The basal spirit grants new life strength from those that failed to overcome the challenges of their environment.

The hierarchical spirit manifests itself, and there is a divide: between those that are weak and numerous, and those that are strong but few in number.

The imperial spirit gives life a reason, a geas, a purpose - to multiply and conquer all that stand before it. The ground quakes beneath the heels of the mighty, and the energies of success breed innovation and joyous creation. So the cycle closes in on itself.

>These musings on life and creation are taken from the writings of the wanderer Aoife, a stranger to these lands; transcribed from paper to stone by Jinxiang, sixthborn of Uaho.

Snowflakes pls go and stay go.

OLDWALKERS

GONNA

OLDWALK

They have absolutely no sense of proportion. Hell, Sorin barely had any sense of proportion and he had been working on that for centuries. Nahiri is straight fucked, emotionally and mentally, and is a walking apocalypse that autotargets whoever she believes has slighted her or her home plane.

Complex, she ain't.

Holy shit, that's cool. Can't wait for it.

>Almost killed a fucking plane
>Thousands dead, will probably never recover
>But she's not insane, she was just being emotional

This. To Nahiri and Sorin, planes that do not have direct emotional connection to them are, quite often, mere statistics. Is it horrible by our measure? Yes. They are oldwalkers, they no longer function by "morals" or "psychology" as we recognise it (though by our standards they are all, absolutely, tremendously bad/in the wrong), and that people simultaneously jizz themselves to oldwalkers while complaining about nuwalkers in one sentence and then bitching about what happens when oldwalker pissing matches are shoved in their face is something I find hilarious.

That's super cute. How did I never know that?

>Tamiyo isn't with Jace or the big cat man

Elspeth/Ajani is TOTALLY a thing though.

What if Jace brainwashes Chandra into a doting fuck toy?

It'd be the most engaging lore she's ever had.

But what about DACK FAYDEN, greatest thief in the multiverse. He's going to steal her heart and her out of the underworld.

>Thousands dead

That is generously low-balling it.

MAYBE not. We really only know what happened to Thraben, which is fucked eight ways to Sunday. Since we don't even know how big Innistrad is exactly, or how far Nahiri's / Emmy-chan's influence extended, it may well be that the rest of the plane survived the spaghetti monster event.

Or fuck if I know. Wizard's is retconning everything anymore and I don't know how to handle.

I want rule 34 of Avacyn getting gangbanged by a few Cathars while they keep their tricorne's on.

>Since we don't even know how big Innistrad is exactly

We know it's a full-sized planet with multiple continents, and we didn't really see a limit to Emrakul's reach. Given that Ulamog ate an entire continent on Zendikar, I don't see why Emrakul wouldn't be able to do the same.

Even if all of Innistrad we've seen (Skirsdag, Gavony, Nephalia, and Stensia combined) is an area just the size of France in, say, 1500 or so, that would still put its population at around 15,000,000 people. If less than a quarter of them died when, again, Ulamog ate a CONTINENT, I'd call bullshit.

>The Eldrazi titans destroy and rebuild entire worlds
>But their area of influence at any one time is fucking tiny
>Their spawn do absolutely nothing, it's the titans themselves who do the work
I'm sorry but everything about the Eldrazi is fucking retarded.