Interesting locations for adventure and general enviroment/architecture/megastructure art thread

Interesting locations for adventure and general enviroment/architecture/megastructure art thread

Other urls found in this thread:

cloudsao.com/ANALEMMA-TOWER
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

see this one posted from time to time, I'm curious what people think for the setting behind it

>I'm curious what people think for the setting behind it
A type 2 civ havin a laff with some wacky art installations.

"God and all architects are fucking retards, the setting."

Architects only get more retarded as technology advance. I'm sure some moron in the fourth millennium will get government grant to put a 22nd century Miami on display, because it is so "cool".

Anyone got alien/future megacities? Poor or rich, preferably where you can't see the sky or the sky is dark. Ruined ones is also good.

They almost built this fucker. If it wasn't for WW2...

This would be the best building in America if they build it. Really creative design and extremely memorable.

>whole neighborhood on 45 degree angle
>big red walls separating every block
Unless I get a flying car to go with the flying boats, traffic is gonna be a bitch

I have a feeling this picture is missing something...

I like fantasy settings inside sci-fi megastructures. Has anyone done something like that for their campaign?

Stanford torus, O'Neill cylinder, Alderson disk, Niven ringworld, etc

"Telaporters where a mistake, but its okay because gravity control fixed it"

accelerated world best setting

>Boullet
nice taste

I've always wanted to run an urban horror campaign in Kowloon

Who are all these people floating in blobs of water, watching it fly past?

I really hope this is sarcasm

It's funny, because we think that this is indicative of oppression or something, but if you consider it in context those are probably being flown by sixteen year olds who are really into milsurp replica aircraft and taking fpv shots of their smogged-up city, because it's the only way they can see the outdoors.

That project was never going to go anywhere, just like the Nazi megastructure. You get halfway into the concrete and steel budget and you decide to cut losses, cuz you coulda had a space program instead.

Isn't it supposed to get subtly smaller towards the back so that it doesn't make Paul look tiny?

They'd have never gotten that Lenin down after the USSR collapse either.

My favorite mad architect.

Everybody talks about Albert Speer and his big dome, but his designs lacked vision.

Humans: 1
Global Warming: 0

Who the hell would want to live on that? Damn thing is already tilting.

wanted to run something in a town on the edge of a giant abysm like this but couldn't figure out what to do so i scrapped it.

Rents cheap.

ah, guild wars. heck of a game

since the Gates of Morn didn't end up part of the tolkien cosmology, you can get away with using it for your setting

i think i'm the only one here. oh well! that's all i got anwyay

I liked your stuff!

oh good. most of it was just stuff culled from various threads on here over the years

Please give a source for this, it looks amazing and searches for "accelerated world" just turn up Accel World, which I doubt this is depicting.

This is also pretty neat, anyone know where it is from?

What's this? It feels like it's from something specific.

Who still drives a Saab when you have repulsorlift tech? That's not even riding a donkey, that's riding a one-eyed incontinent donkey that bites.

Looks like McQuarrie (style?) concept art for Star Wars.

No, the OP image, I know where my image is from.

> yfw you built up a nice stairwell to get up to your cosmic horror space-house but when go to climb the stairs there's fucking biospheres all over them
What am I meant to do, call a cleaner? That'll take three thousand years, and I refuse to sleep in the abyss of space for one more night. Fucking Architect-race, they can't get anything up to code

GIS gives me this strange little site.

cloudsao.com/ANALEMMA-TOWER

>How much longer until we get to His Majesty?
>Another mile or so, sir
>Oh Great Maker kill me already

Nah, you're looking at it wrong.
Those buildings are just protrusions on a larger structure. If you want to travel from one area to another, you do so by going deeper in to the megastructure. Where I'd assume you'd find shopping districts, entertainment areas and a metro like transportation system.

All this towerposting is giving me an idea for a snow-piercer like game, except with a tower anchored in orbit

They broke.