>A nautilus died, and its empty shell was taken over by a hermit crab

This is basically what happened to Dungeons and Dragons

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ck246gueCfA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I kinda like the crab better

Good, the nautilus sucked.

That's a glass sculpture idiot.

And it's not like AD&D has been erased from existence or there are servers to shut down. Make friends, get a group together, play the game you want to play. That's the beauty of tabletop gaming.

FYI, you shouldn't buy hermit crabs in novelty shells like that, because chances are that they were induced to use that shell via pain.

I get that this is Veeky Forums and someone reading the thread probably prides themselves on being an Internet tough guy about crabs, but I stand by the first half of this post anyway.

Wait a minute, did OP just imply Gary Gygax was an invertebrate? He's the Father of Grognards but that's kinda rude.

>implying Gygax invented D&D

I know you're just bitching, but I read that as "this is what happens with dungeons and dragons" and I can't help but think the analogy holds. Dragons are sort of like hermit crabs.

I assumed this was what OP meant as well. Or at least it is as a double meaning.

>When a dragon grows large enough it's forced to leave its previous lair and find one large enough to fit it.
>Usually this happens without incident due to the abundance of caves, but occasionally this results in a fight to the death between two dragons over a single cave.
>Rarely, and amusingly, a dragon will take over a building if it's large enough. Usually, these are buildings that are already abandoned but there have been reports of younger dragons taking over the loft of an annoyed farmers barn.

Something wonderful has come from OP's faggotry

>Dragon eggs are incredibly hard, harder than even the mother dragon's scales, except for one side, which is soft enough for the baby dragon to come out.
>They are also larger than they would need to be if their sole purpose was hatching the young dragon.
>The egg is used as a sort of mobile lair by the baby dragon until his scales have fully hardened, he has gotten big enough to defend himself, and has learned a little bit from his mother.
>When he has out grown his egg, he leaves to find his first lair.
>This is usually a small cave or something similar, however young dragons have been known to live with a human for a period, performing the role of a dog or horse in exchange for food and shelter.

>On rare occasions, the dragon will ignore it's instincts to find a lair, and instead decide to dig it's own burrow as a lair.
>This is common in dragons that have affection towards a human they may have been living with.
>Unfortunately, it is also common for them to try and dig this burrow within their old lair, which, if it so happens to be the human's home, means that said human may return home to find a very proud dragon sitting next to the home owner's new and improved basement.

SO THAT'S HOW THAT DRAGON GOT THERE!

Thanks, Veeky Forums, you have helped solve an ancient mystery.

Arthropods have no soul desu

There's no such thing as a soul

I never meant an immortal soul.

So even metaphysically, you were referring to nothing?

Let's just say feelings then.

Proof ?

People tend not to do good acts to benefit others but rather because they feel these acts ennoble themself.

And? The end outcome is the same. Helping others

A replicant or a crab doesn't require a soul for you to show mercy and care to it.

>hurr durr everyone is a sociopath

Fuck off.

Is there proof of the soul? If not, then that proposition isnt to be believed or accepted. You know that you question isnt how burden of proof works.

As there is no evidence of a soul as far as science can find, and that it very much points to thoughts and feelings as mere chemicals and biology, the proposition of a soul is thus null.

But you cannot prove that there isn't a soul. Every single scientific discovery ever made by the human race could just be false information. We don't have the capability to actually tell what's real and what's not.

>they were induced to use that shell via pain
How the fuck does that even work?

Guys, D&D
Talk about D&D

>retards doing damage control

autistic spastic finding false meaning in a retarded post on Veeky Forums

Gee it's like we all have glass shells when you really think about it *sips tea* really makes you think

I'd rather we don't or it'll end up like

You know that that isn't how the burden of proof works, and also that science knowledge is not generated that way. Why are you arguing in a patently bad faith way? Is this merely to troll and play devil's advocate in a shitty terrible way?

Now show that there is evidence of the soul.

In D&D, the soul can be shown to exist via such things as easily revealed ghosts, trips to the afterlife, the gods literally saying they exist, various spells, and such.

Actually I'm arguing the opposite. I'm arguing that people do good acts because it feels good to good acts even if the receiver (such as a crab) does not really benefit from it.

>5
>and also that science knowledge is not generated that way
Not him, but that statement is objectively a lie and his statement about science is objectively right. Humans have no way of proving what is real, or the truth. The scientific method, in the end, is based around a logical fallacy which makes modern human science at best only applicable in our universe.

Read some Hume you insufferable stemlord

Um... Sorry sweetie, you could never end up like me.

There isn't evidence of the soul. But why should there be? It could still be real, in the same way that gravity isn't.

>Um... Sorry sweetie, you could never end up like me.

All me

#crablivesmatter

I realized a little while ago that any sweetie posting is drastically improved by changing it to sweaty.

>Um... Sorry sweaty, you could never end up like me.

Wow... that really makes me think

>But you cannot prove that there isn't a soul.
The beauty of the sicentific method is that non-existence of anything should not be proved, because so long as it's existence have no proof it counts as non-existent by default.
tl/dr: Googe "Russel's teapot"

>a thread dedicated enitely to shitposting

Mods please send this to .

Is anything that is proven to be real, real? That's the real question. Science can only explain what can be observed, not what actually is.

>Is anything that is proven to be real, real?
If done by all rules yes.
Havent heard of any cases where something thar was proven real was disproven without revealing where the original researsh went wrong and either broke some rules or had some inacurate calculations. Scientists do make mistake, but the method so far worked without fail.

>How the fuck does that even work?
>user has never seen how humans convince animals to do things they don't want to do

You take a red-hot wire and poke the crab until it crawls into the new shell trying to get away from the giant with the painful red-hot wire. Extreme cold is also used for the same effect.

But why would you do that with a hermit crab? They like to use shells anyway.

Because it might try to reject the shell you want it to use. Glass shells, for example, aren't good for crabs.
If I remember correctly.

Well, when left with no choice but the glass shell hermit crab would pick it anyway without any pain stimuli, and obviously that's the way people use to force them into glass shells. But of course SJWs like to make up or overblow things cause they cannot shut up about how much they care.

>red-hot wire
>hermit crab
>lives underwater

Virtue Signalling. Literally the keeping up with the Jones' of this generation's otherwise completely useless people.

Pet stores do this because they want to sell hermit crabs in "fun" shells as quickly as possible and don't have time to wait around for a crab to finally give up and move into a shell it doesn't want to inhabit. It's a who point anyway because painted or glass shells are not pleasant for the crabs.

Hermit crabs spend most of their time out of the water, retard.

There are two types of hermit crab. Terrestrial hermit crabs live on land, but live near enough to water to keep their gills moist. Only marine hermit crabs exclusively live underwater.

Hermit crabs are dumb pets anyways. My sister got a few hermit crabs, did everything she could for them, and one by one they died and were eaten by eachother until the littlest one was left and it buried itself in the tank and died too.

Man I've owned hermit crabs and they'll wear anything as a shell. I had one who, even given the option of other shells, would leave a shell too small for him and just go right back to it because he liked it. Chances are the hermit crab picked that shell willingly because he fits.

Oh yeah man they definitely take red hot wires to the hermit crabs down at petsmart, thanks captain PETA you really saved the day

>Hermit crabs are dumb pets anyways.
What pets aren't?

>Virtue Signalling
like isn't saying that just signalling to other /pol/flakes how super edgy you are?

Oh noes. Are we gonna descend into "plastic fur is murder" shitposts again? Because I'm all for descending into that shit.

aww that's cute the marxist is doing that marxist thing again... what's it called again?

projection?

Get a room already

Mammals or birds, they can actually have affection for people, compared to reptiles, fish, and arthpods which straight up can't biologically.

No thanks, I'd have to pay for it because he's a fucking loser and then he'd complain that I'm oppressing him with my capitalism

Something that can be observed and proven to physically exist might not actually be real. Science can never prove anything. The existance of a soul is as likely as the existance of mater. The only thing that can be proven to exist is my own personal consciousness. Cogito ergo sum, as Descartes put it.

Not this ancient philosophy crap again.
This shit cased to be even remotely useful centuries ago, don't bring it out if it's well deserved grave.

I dont get sweetie posting
Its like admitting you are trolling. No one is going to fall for it after that

You could say that, but its not like the hermit crab is bad, it has its own pros and cons

Um... that's where you're wrong sweetie

I dont know spiders can be pretty smart

I've heard the same about humans too, yet no proof we have souls either.

>You can't prove that we aren't the nightmare of some weird alien thing.
>Ergo, science a shit and no prove shit.

Why don't you try jumping off a 10 story building and then try telling us why gravity isn't real?

Also..
>The existance of a soul is as likely as the existance of mater.
Just because your mother wasn't around during your childhood, isn't an excuse for you to be an idiot.

ow the edge

I don't find it edgy enough for that exclamation. After all that feel of "ennoblement" really do exist, as it's onw of the evolutionary methods to ensure at least some of us act like decent members of society. Some indeed are motivated by this feeling, others genuinely want to help, yet another may do good as per enlightened egoism, to benefit themselves through helping society they're part of. True edginess is claiming only the third case is the reality.

Personally i find the dude saying that souls don't exist edgier.

That sounds adorable

The cogito doesnt actually prove that you exist: it proves that thinking is being done. By whom or what is a much thornier question.

Anecdotal evidence isn't real evidence. And not only that, one having jumped off a thing and falling does not prove gravity. It does not even prove that you are heading toward the ground. Might be heading up to you.

Not really that edgy of a thing to say/

>t does not even prove that you are heading toward the ground. Might be heading up to you.
Funny, from, scientific point of view there's no difference between you falling towards planet and planet falling towards you. Double funny since it seems it is a difference for you despite all the gnostical bullshit you claim you believe in.

I had a hermit crab as a pet once. He liked apples and to be left alone all the time. I don't remember too clearly what happened to him though. I think the story I was told is that the cats kept stressing him out, but I honestly can't remember.

Come to think of it, it is kind of frightening. What if I was actually the one responsible?

>it's edgy not to believe in made up shit
>it's totally not edgy to believe that people who worship idols will have their souls burning in lava forever

And this is why people like me think people like you are retarded.

Sweetie. :)))))))))))

If you believe that the acts will ennoble you because they are good, because they benefit others, then you have done good acts to benefit others. Then claim that these actions is inherently selfish is either semantic (because you have redefined "selfish" in such a way that it can be applied to literally any intentional act and the world is therefore meaningless) or religious (because you believe that some metaphysical scorecard exists that can determine whether intentionally performed, good acts are REALLY good, based on the state of someone's soul).

Either way: meaningless.

I see you're pretty autistic

Well, I'll have you know that I am also quite an autist. We should be friends.

True altruism can be found, it's just very rare.

People talk about shades of grey, but black and white do exist, so make sure you are able to identify them. You've been told that everything is morally complex all your life so chances are you can't.

All objects have a gravitational pull. You, me, your computer, the planet, everything (practically speaking). You are technically right, in that technically, when you fall both you are falling toward the ground and the planet is technically falling toward you due to the respective gravitational fields pulling at each other. It's just that the gravitational pull that a person has is so insignificant, that the planet isn't actually moved by you in the first place.

FURTHERMORE! If you time it right, the planet is actually running into YOU because if you time it so that you fall just right, you will be falling in the opposite direction of the planets orbit around the sun, meaning that your technically being rammed by a huge spinning object moving at 30 km/s in an elliptical path.

not user
He and Dave Arnesen, yeah.

Your sister is a retard if she can't keep hermit crabs alive. I kept one for just short of 8 years.

You just have to feed them properly and make sure they have natural sand in their enclosure and a constant supply of non-chlorinated water.

>The existance of a soul is as likely as the existance of mater
Is it *really* as likely though? I can get sensory perception of matter easily, but none of soul which would make its existence unlikely. And even if these perceptions are false and fabricated by some alien intellect, I don't get even false perceptions of this supposed soul thing which to me is telling.

>muh problem of induction
>muh skepticism of materialism
Maybe I should piss in your mouth. All previous times it's ended up awful, but maybe this next time it'll be great, or maybe the piss won't exist at all.

Hermit shells like those shells because it let's them look out at predators and wait for them to leave.

Also; those shells are being used to replace all of the shells people pick up on beaches and shit.

You are wrong, and also gay.

We used to buy like 20 shells per crab and would just put them in their cage and just let them pick the shells they wanted.

"But I don't like him or anything, b-baka!"

Why is it obvious that that's the way things are done?
This is just a dressed up version of calling someone a moralfag.

I beg to differ

youtu.be/Ck246gueCfA

Except that morality is the one quality that virtue signalling leftists can never possess.

>has virtue to signal
>but doesn't have morality

Hmm interest

Yes yes, we all see how well you learned the /pol/ lingo, good for you. Would you like a pat on the head?

>has virtue
I think you've missed the entire purpose of leftism. Or did you think that murdering 150 million people for wrongthink was a virtue?

So can I blame you personally for all the millions of preventable deaths capitalism causes a year or are you a hypocrite?

My ship is powered on souls, so of course they are real. I can hear them screaming as it careens through the astral.