/hhg/ Horus Heresy General- I Just Read the Books Edition

I Just Read the Books Edition

Have you accepted ADB as your lord and savior yet?

Old Thread> 52434815

>HHG FAQs
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

>SINS OF THE FATHER
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html

>CHILDREN OF SICARUS
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>BREXIT WITH TITANS
mediafire.com/file/sc266oa6al1jb7o/the-binary-succession.mp3

Other urls found in this thread:

houzz.com/photos/53820261/Wood-Carved-Blue-Whale-Nautical-Wall-Art-Swimming-Right-beach-style-wall-accents
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kievan_Rus'
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Buying models with terrible rules because you love the lore and look of them

Why do I do this to myself. Saggitarum Guard are awful and I love them.

That's why I'm replacing the disintegration muzzle with a big bayonet and running them as Custodian Guard.

>Saggitarum Guard are awful

Eh they're not THAT bad, they are just bad compared to the rest of the army. Use a Tribune and Infiltrate them close to whatever you want to nuke.

Rolled 10 (1d26)

Dammit, I was just threadmaking. Ah well. I did do a summary, and I'm new to this so it wouldn't' have been a good thread.

The long threadless eternity edition
New breadmaker subedition

Custodes played Dishonoured on the streets of Terra, Magnus assumes old times' shape, Cawl dances like no-one's watching and Cousin Scoria is late to the Outflank. Prose quality of BL books was professionally discussed and Dorn won't negotiate with half a Primarch. Confused loyalty greenmarines decided to be Salamanders and a Plague Marine dropped his knife twice. All this and more in the (very) previous thread

houzz.com/photos/53820261/Wood-Carved-Blue-Whale-Nautical-Wall-Art-Swimming-Right-beach-style-wall-accents

People read the thread summaries?

But the Custodian Guard with Adrasite spears has the same disintegration weapon and doesn't take up a Heavy slot.

Definitely what I plan on doing when I run them, but even in relaxed games they're a very weak point in the army. Their points are much better spent on a Dread or Caladius.

So i finally have a game of hh this weekend against tsons, im playing iw, gonna ride the ironfire. Problem is my copy of extermination isnt here yet and i dont know the equipment for erasmus golg, battlescribe on lists his rules and google hasnt helped, anyone out there have the book? Could you post a pic of his page?

>41"
About twice the length I'm looking for, even if wood is WAY easier to work with than hollow resin and I could smooth it over easily with greenstuff. Many thanks for looking, though. I have a scan every day or so. One of my projects WILL happen, it's just a matter of what required parts pop up first.

Are they really that bad in a transport options (with more firepower than a Predator btw) and just disembarking next to something to unleash Str 5 AP 2 Instant Death brutal justice ?

Don't try to compete with fast and simple copy-pasta OPs with a line or two of new text. People don't care either way. It's how GW stays in business.

They're a huge fire magnet and need 36"
Rending Assault to be even close to worth their points cost. Failing that they need to go down 50 points or so for a squad of 5.

Remember that you have to reach the 65% casualties quota, or else DECIMATION

Thanks, that nuncio vox is going to help a ton

Golg.

Really?

No worries, next edition they can just shoot into, from inside, and out of melee and will probably be the best unit of Talons :^)

And im using the terminator from BoC so its actually wysiwyg, combi melta and chainfist

His 2nd in command is Centurion Silger.

A perfectly sensible 31st millenium name.

Next you'll be complaining that I named my tribune Quintytarpus Blerp.

Shield-Captain Fnorbamus Blulgwoop.

The tech priest named fucking Malevolus is a personal favorite.

Asdf Qwerty.

Archmagos Domunus Dvorak Helvetica.

>fucking Malevolus

That is quite the name. I thought GW tried to have everything at least a little bit teen friendly these days.

1d4meme said it best for Saggitarum:

"Using the bolt profile makes your golden Boltodes tough overcosted Devastators, and basically nothing more. Unless you're fielding a big squad of Sagittarum, a 30" heavy bolter means you are sacrificing mobility for only a few damage against anything with an armour save of 3+ or better. As a comparison, a 8-man strong Astartes Support Squad costing the same price can deal almost thrice the amount of dakka."

To make them even decent all rounders you need melta bombs on each model and that drives the cost up to 70 points per model.

With magos biologis Qtpi

No, they are exactly that bad. They may even be worse.

And if you use a tribune to infiltrate them instead of a unit that actually does more than shoot a slightly worse heavy bolter, I can't help you.

>Look at the Agamatus and cry, because they do the exact same job except a million times better for a miniscule price increase.
>Look at the Caladus and cry because it does the exact same job except a million times better for a miniscule price increase.

>already ordered two kits
I swear I'm going to make that all-footslog Custodes list, eve if it kills me.

Speaking of iron warriors, why are the iron circle no longer available. Did some butter fingers drop the mold?

how much do I spend on the bundle?

I liked the soul drinkers omnibus (first three books) despite how edgy it made SDs

are books in higher tiers something excellent or do I just want 1$ for the heresy books?

Honestly I hate myself enough that I did the same for the option of running a squad of 10 in big games alongside two Caladius tanks.

Failing that? Two squads of 5 and a Dread instantly fill the heavy support slots.

Footslogging sadness unless I run Valdor, who makes them only marginally better.

Sniper, Implaceable Advance, Pinning
36", Salvo 3/5
Troops.

Seem available just fine to me, just checked and nothing seems out of order.

Didn't the soul drinkers omnibus have a fucking Drider trying to claim he was still a loyalist?

How about the pact to get to assembling and painting mention by a different user last thread?

I've had my models in Super Clean for the past four days because I'm too lazy to fuck with scraping the Primer off.

The other color has come off, but fuck me if the primer isn't bonded to the plastic.

I'd say go $1 or the full $15. The $8 stuff is mostly weak, Legion and some of Tales of Heresy notwithstanding. If you're feeling skittish, just go for the $1.

Thousand Sons, Prospero Burns, and First Heretic are all excellent though.

I'm putting together an Imperial Knight head then it's time to fuck about with weapon magnets. Do I paint the head separate from the skeleton or not?

Commodore Armandus Borg of the First reporting in!

Earlier today they were "no longer available"

Oh hai.

Not like im going to use them ever, 205 points is more than a squad of terminators. Maybe if im going to play 4000 points, but thats not likely

MkII best armour, dat helmet hnnngggg.

Nice summary user!

I dunno, I like what Old GW did with rooting names in history/literature. Then again, the whole universe was more ingrained with literary, linguistic, and historic background.

Oh well, Praetor Tepes Orlok reporting in. Guess what legion I'm from?

I've been pinning and painting EVERYTHING separately, so perhaps?

FW's monstrous creature pricing is all over the shop.

Legs are silly though

Legs are silly though

Yeah, that helmet does look like constipated shit. OG style MkII helmet is best MkII helmet.

that's not a mark II helmet.

Vlad Tepes descended from nomadic Cumans that intermarried into the local nobility after they were forced from the steppes by the Mongols, so it has to be White Scars.

Alpharius pls go.
Omegon pls go.

Bloody sneks.

Armour plates are being done separate, so I suppose I may as well. Not pinning anything, though. Hoping plastic cement will do the trick.

Praetor armor is the best custom armor variant, Best armor for best legion

Forge World the Canonical thinks it is.

Sneks are cool

FACT
Sagitarum should have been Bolter Troops while Guardians were Elites and Hetareons are HQs

I live for the summaries, than you user.
Srry for not making a thread, but I was away from the computer.

What's wrong with him?

>Tfw user outlores the enemy

Thanks guys. Summaries are fun to do anyway, and I always enjoyed reading them so I thought I'd return the favour.-

I feel like this is something Curze would write.

Dvorak M'eltrozo

I'd rather saw off my own legs than take a Guardian Squad as Elite. I can barely tolerate them as Troops.
If they get actually decent spears I'd be willing to talk, though.

thought the single visor was madatory

Hmm... Orlok was Transylvanian, which points to either the Night Lords (bats) or Blood Angels (vampires), but he was created by Belial, who in 40k is a Dark Angels name and is nicknamed "Bird of Death" so he's a Raven Guard. In the story he unleashes the bubonic plague on a German city so he's also a Death Guard. He's killed by a woman, just like Curze.

They're meh against marines but rock against solar auxilia, mechanicum (especially thallax), and militia/cults

Well, I was browsing and I didn't find any whales, but I did find an excellent Genetor Vulturax. Mount some guns and cybernetics on him, you'd never guess.

>decent spears
If you want everything to be AP2, go to 40k, user. The power creep is getting bad enough without invalidating other armies elite units.

Stfu driders are best loyalists

user everything looks constipated to you! Drink plenty of water and do exercise.

No, iirc Tepes was still in service to the church, specifically Corvinus, and he, the Wallachian nobility, and most of what is modern-day Romania's rulers descended either from Roman/Byzantines.

I've never cared much to study the Mongols or their effects, but I'd have a hard time believing anyone they genuinely "displaced" (since they had a fairly nomadic ruleship and where more like an Ork Warband than Rome-style rulers, displacement and authority was pretty impermanent, hence debates over actual size of their empire), would make it all the way to Wallachia.

Did the Mongols get all the way to modern Ukraine?

And also nah, it's Night Lords. I was expecting more Bangels jokes than history

>Jump pack Alpha legionnaire

Same. It looks 100% betters.

The mongols got all the way to Poland. In the north and Hungary in the south.

What would you want as Elites in order to make Sagittarii Troops instead of Heavy? What would you be willing to pay for it?

Fuck Sagitariuseses until they have a useful gun.

>Did the Mongols get all the way to modern Ukraine?

Yes and then beyond into Finland and Poland.

>Vulturax cocktail
A psy-sensitive Mariana blimp-shrimp. How didn't I think of that.

Fuck, really? I know they get majorly overblown when every weeb edgelord/John Green sucks their dick about being the greatest ever, but that's impressive.

I honestly thought it was Blood Angels, my Praetor, Judas Brutus still has no trusted battle-brothers to aid him.
But anyways the Cumans were right next door to them, they didn't really have that far to go.

One guy named Bruce the German General is supposed to have been poisoned every day for months and months and months. He writes, quote, “Safe to say blood was flowing from my eyes and I was trying to kill enough of the things that I loved to get rid of all the time. I always imagined that I would have married a couple of soldiers who both probably thought they were fighting for what they called Operation Passion Of The Big Elephant. I was a great drama.” End quote

>Principalities of Russ

Awoo

>doesn't know about the extent of the Mongol's success, but talks shit about them anyway
user, you need to stop.

Hell, remove those mouth-tentacles for Arc Rifles and add lenses to the eyes and you're half done, just add Havoc Launcher tail.

I assume you didn't know about the Kievan Russ? Where do you think the name "Russia" comes from?
Also, principality of Rogaldornia when?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kievan_Rus'

It really needs heliothermic detonation and they need relentless. Move them to troops slot. Done.

>Removing mouth-tentacle antennae
What do you think the Enhanced Targeting array looks like, user? If anything, add more barbs to them, some missile pod bits on the sides (it has two) and a servo-skull in the tail.

I think you should instead ask "What would you want in exchange for forcing you to take Sagittarii Troops? What would you accept for it?" because Sagittarum are shitawful and would be the worst tax.

>Did the Mongols get all the way to modern Ukraine?
Yep, they conquered quite a bit of modern-day Georgia, Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus. Also made it into Bulgaria, Transylvania, Poland, and Hungary, but didn't hang around due to Genghis Khan's death.

Hundreds of years later, the Crimean Khanate broke away from the Golden Horde's territory and lasted into a modern era.

How would you make a regular Bolter Custodian squad worthy of the Troop slot, without resorting to AP2 Heliotermic 36" Bolters or something like that?
Assume Misericordia is an AP3 CCW.

>Finland
That map shows, they got to Hungary but not Finland, that's an /int/ meme

Misericordia is just a normal CCW, I think.

>Judas Brutus

So you think I'm being too direct in naming? I've kinda suspected as much, but then again if I pick some obscure nobody then it's not really interesting, because no one will even notice.

IT BETTER BE AP3

Make them troops but a support. Give their heavy bolters heliothermic detonation and give them relentless so they can move and fire because they're pretty big guys.

Don't get your hopes you user