Who're some real life rockstars/musicians...

Who're some real life rockstars/musicians, current or "historical" that would be good references and inspirations for bards?

I'm leaning towards Keith Richards.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7gphiFVVtUI
youtu.be/6CqXgs-7ico
youtube.com/watch?v=_WQoCgVdC7Y
youtu.be/vxiA8613eTw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That french opera singer who was into dueling and banging princesses

You have a name? That sounds amazing.

The one and only scumfuck rocker

I'd love to play a character based on Ronnie James Dio but my players are all JoJo fans who yell references over me while I'm trying to narrate. This means most of the musical references I go for with my NPCs get buried too. Completely poisoned the well.

The only ones that worked was a cool Scimitar wielding druid-bard based on Estas Tonne,
youtu.be/7gphiFVVtUI
and a villain based on DMX.
youtu.be/6CqXgs-7ico

I don't have a problem with JoJo, I have a problem with verbal landmines.

Seasick steve literally started off dirt poor with a shit guitar and is now one of the top international muscians mfer literally went threw a 1st level to level 20 game irl

youtube.com/watch?v=_WQoCgVdC7Y

I want to see someone try and run a Wesley Willis bard. Just once. youtu.be/vxiA8613eTw

Not that user, but Julie d'Aubigny.

I nominate pic related.

> my players are all JoJo fans who yell references over me

This is the gayest thing I've heard all day. Just kill them and then yourself.

I know. I've been sick of their shit for a while but nobody else wants to play and I'm not interested in doing everything online.

Who're some real life undying abominations, current or "historical" that would be good references and inspirations for liches?

I'm leaning towards Keith Richards.

Ozzy Osborne Duh

Iggy Pop, obviously. he's also still performing, unlike

Jimi Hendrix's roadie.
Thrown out of Hawkwind for taking too many drugs. Sort of like the pope being thrown out for being too catholic.
Wanted to name the band Bastard.
only rock band who were respected by the Punks.

Dont forget us. Our name is motorhead. We play rock n' roll.

>tfw you're brain is so fried that the only one who understands you is a rat

Franz Liszt, the first rock star. In the newspaper, it was written "you can tell where the women were sitting by noting which seats were wet." Bitches literally threw themselves at him, tore at his clothes, fought over broken piano strings, threw their clothes on stage. This is in 1830, too.

Philthy Animal Phil Taylor ain't nothing to sneeze at either. Broke his hand, gaffer taped the drumstick to it so he could keep playing. Crazy fucker and a hell of a drummer. Miss that bastard.

I have to respect Lemmy, he's become a legendary singer in a rock band, despite not having the slightest ability to sing whatsoever.

He's like totally deaf man with a reputation as a master orchestra conductor.

>women like skilled musicians
What else is new?

>This is in 1830, too.
I thought it was in 1830

Lord of the Princes of the Universe
Who spreads the word of the Savior of the Universe, Flash Gordon
The Killer Queen of Rock
The Champion

I speak of course of Freddie Mercury.

And remember, fat bottomed girls make the world go round.

Although he is too powerful to be merely just another bard, more like a god of them.

Keith Fucking Moon Full Stop.
Dude was on the way to the airport from a hotel, told the driver to return to the hotel because he forgot something. Went to his room, took the TV, threw it in the swimming pool, said "I nearly forgot" and went back to the goddamn airport.
Blew up toilets on a regular basis at hotels just for the fucking fun of it. About as crazy a drummer as you'll ever find.

I was just about to recommend him. Dude was an absolute maniac, both on and off the stage.

Not a real life musician, technically, but I recently played a sci-fi game where my character was the singer from Carmen Miranda's ghost (not Leslie Fish, but a fictionalized space traveling folk singer)

>not a single mention of the Thin White Duke

Shameful.

Bowie already is a bad PC, and nothing you can say will convince me otherwise

ronnie james dio
sting
gene simmons
rob halford
nikki sixx
sebastian bach
david lee roth

>Leslie Fish
I must honestly express my gratitude to Veeky Forums for introducing me to the wonder that is filk. Such a cool idea for a genre, and so many fantastic stories. I think it was a spaceship quirks thread that first introduced it to me.

On topic though, I'd totally base bards off of the singers for Sabaton, Turisas, and Raubtier. In ascending order of brutality, that. They'd sing about awesome battles, epic heroes, and massive slaughter. Songs to give that berserker strength, to rally the men, or maybe even to inspire the party throw caution to the wind and have them ignore their wounds, if only for a moment.

He's Fae - a bit too much to aspire to.

Base it around Kiss, in that your bard dresses like a barbarian

>no mention of Viper

>chaos worshipper bard dressed as Kiss that summons demons by performing awesome guitar solos

I've seen the meme, but I never actually looked him up until now:
>Hugely prolific, produced 347 albums in the year 2014 alone (though most of it's reworking previous stuff)
>Has 2 (fairly minor) fellonies, used mugshot as an album cover
>member of 5-9 Piru a street gang sub-group of the Bloods
>graduated from the university of Houston, is a real estate broker
>started playing piano aged 5
>was in a "boyz in da hood" style movie

You win best post ever