/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A

>News
theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/princes-gambit-joy-exalted-plans-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question:
Which WoD book has the best artwork?

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheDragon
forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/changeling-the-lost/676949-collected-second-edition-open-development-blogs
drivethrurpg.com/product/94815/Vampire-The-Masquerade-20th-Anniversary-Edition
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are v20 and mage worth shelling out 300 bucks each to re-seller assholes? I hate pdfs and prefer having physical copies of all my books. Is there a huge difference between editions really?

No idea about wod but in CofD I do like Wicked Dead and Immortal Sinners

I just said WoD, but I really meant everything released, not just oWoD.

Anyone have this image without the text, in this resolution?

Is there any way to use necromancy offensively? I don't think ghosts can actually harm material beings beyond throwing pots and pans at them, the bone path requires lots of corpses and thus isn't useful save defensively (and even then zombies sorta suck), and none of the powers are, well, dangerous to living beings. Hell, most of them aren't even dangerous to ghosts. Hell, more powers have a note about being dangerous to the user than are dangerous to other!

I mean, a Ventrue can at least dominate mortals into fighting for him, same with Toreador for presence- but a necromancer seems basically a sitting duck if fought.

How does a necromamcer stay alive when shit hits the wall?

I mean the vampiric discipline- I really like it and want o explore it heavily- but I'm gonna have piss physical stats and no other disciplines to get real use out of it- so I need a way to keep myself alive if trouble comes- and unlike most other disciplines, necromancy doesn't seem to offer any way to protect myself.

Also would like to know how much ghosts can interact with the world- the book is unclear- can they use "disciplines" (as described in the other supernatural bit) normally and just not touch stuff, or not? Because if they can, summoning ghosts is hilariously dangerous for the necromancer until you've got a ton of xp invested.

Pls be real.

I have a bridge to sell you.

>Death arcana

Have your character buy a gun and keep it in your waistband.

What kind of fae lord is the Crimson King? Who's his moonchild?

Zombie.

Street.

Sharks.

>I have no way to defend myself when a qt Thrysus shows up

You're goddamn right.

>How does a necromamcer stay alive when shit hits the wall?

>necromamcer
>necromam
>mam

If you can't raise meat dragons and control wraiths, what's the point of being a necromancer?

Some game concepts don't translate well.

This game always had terrible art. I thought fags were supposed to be good at art, DaveB. Competing with 3.5 DnD artists didn't go well for you.

Vampire, not mage. If a mage comes for me, I'm fucked no matter what I do.

If I can find enough hengeyokai, maybe. As it is, I'm thinking of using the craft skill to add murder-prosthetics, but that only adds so much benefit. Especially since I can't really take zombies with me outside the lair. And even then- huge masquerade risk.

It's still an interesting discipline, but yeah.

Is Patrick Bateman a Malkavian or a Ventrue?

Neither, he's a human.
Enough with this retarded "let's jam another fictional character into ill fitting categories from another universe" bullshit.

Why not? You seem unnecessarily pissy about a subject that doesn't really affect you one way or another.

>If a mage comes for me, I'm fucked no matter what I do.

Why antagonize them? The Awakened can make for amazing allies when the Kindred are involved. I would imagine that even the Prince would be tempted to hire the loner neckbeard Moros living down the street.

Not the OP but IMHO bringing other splat allies when you are in the spotlight like vampire prince or leader of the changeling court are can bring a lot of trouble on your head.

>Oh fuck he is bulking up we need to take him down before he can consolidate.
Would be reaction of every enemy that said leader could have

DaveB had nothing to do with the 1e art (and there's worse than that).

And, while the art in 2e is certainly much better overall, there's still a few odd or inexplicable pieces. My "favorite" is the Batman rogue's gallery for the Adamantine Arrow art.

>We will kill The Batman

>The Awakened can make for amazing allies when the Kindred are involved.

Everyone needs a Obrimos buddy.

I rather like the idea of a mage acting as aide-de-camp to a select Prince, essentially a court sorcerer of the truest kind. Someone who is knowledgeable and willing to spare counsel.

The Prince could also send the mage on personal errands, such as eliminating threats and rivals, or handing out discipline to insolent subordinates.

Yeah, a mage can be an amazing 'dragon' in any Requiem Chronicle.

>tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheDragon

What is the vampire offering the mage for him to be willing to tolerate being his errand boy and muscle. He'd be the laughing stock if the entire Convocation.

>Which WoD book has the best artwork?

W20 core & Mage the awakening 1.

I would imagine something to do with either Obsessions or Mysteries.

I think we can all agree that the Seers have the best artwork when it comes to the Orders.

>Eyes Wide Shut

>Tom Cruise serves the Paternoster

>Scientologists are a Seer cult

Ok, you scumbags, I'm sick of changeling. It's such gay, otherkin, pretentious, special snowflake Tumblr pandering bullshit and has no value to it whatsoever. White wolf should give this the axe.

Mage is also fucking lame because it's all about woke people trying to win against the euphoric neckbeards and it's just absurd.

The fact that these all find their way into the 2goth5me vampire world and bog it down with a their shit rules is a shame to an otherwise OK line. And then you have werewolf being some soap box for lefty white vegan shit is also annoying. Muh land. Muh wyrm. Muh nature. Muh noble savage trope.

Like, vampire is the only thing they've ever done right. I don't get why any of you get so hot over the other bullshit.

>vampire is the only thing they've ever done right

Boy, sit the fuck down.

Only fat goth cucks play Masquerade / Requiem

kek

Wraith is the greatest thing they've ever made despite being effectively unplayable.

This system is neat. Still get rekt by werewolves.

>Mage is the greatest thing they've ever made despite being effectively unplayable.

Fixed that for you, my good user.

Look, guys, white wolf was OK in their day. Their edgy, pretentious, and tacky days of the 90's where you could get away with this kind of bullshit. But it's time that they hang it all up.

It's dated and juvenile. If they didn't make vampire some dumb urban Machiavelli in angsty goth kid clothes simulator. They can still salvage it. And that's fine. But this brand isn't going anywhere.

Their Kickstarters were scams and failures and I think that says for itself, this company is in their dying throes and not wanting to admit it.

Mage is overrated.

Wraith has the most fleshed out setting possible.

Wraith is overrated.

Mage has the most fleshed out setting possible.

I wish Veeky Forums was good.

Also exalted is like a gay attempt at making a tabletop dynasty warriors and god of war crossover. Fucking awful.

And does anybody remember Engel? Another blunder of a game .

Onyx path has a track record of blunder after blunder with maybe one or two successes followed by twenty blunders.

Also, does anyone know the name of the font used in this picture? I want to make more WoD general related images and I like this font.

Both Mage games are flat-out better than everything else.

Yeah if you're a powergaming cuck into pseudo mystic bullshit.

What a magnificent, Rubenesque beauty. I would be her slave for the mere privilege of licking the blood off her perfect fingers, face, or - dare I dream of it? - decolletage.

you got some nice dots there, it'd be a shame if someone were to, oh, you know, STEAL THEM AND HAND THEM OUT LIKE SPIRIT GIFT TO A PACK OF WEREWOLVES.

>PEPE
Hmmm...

He's a slasher, senpai.

no, he's a fishmalk who likes to pretend he's a slasher but it's all in his head.

What kind of acts would a Cainite have to do in order to facilitate raising his rank in Path of Humanity? There are lots of example in the book on how it may be lowered due to degeneration and such, but no raw examples of the opposite. Is it simply trying to be a nice guy? Would a buddhist vampire, let's say, have an easy time raising his Humanity?

And what of mechanical things? Where does the Storyteller say "you achieved this task, and as such your Humanity grows one level", would it require some form or roll, or does this remain purely narrative?

I am new to GMing Masquerade, only having played it somewhat before.

Do vampires know when they're about to go into torpor, or do they just go to sleep one day then wake up 6 centuries later?

He goes out in the sunlight you mong.

Now, he could feasibly be a fomori.

It's relative to your current Humanity.

A guy who drains and drops consistently falls down to like 4 Humanity, but past that he has to do something substantially vile to drop it even further. You'd have to become an extremely sadistic serial killer to drop further.

Likewise, a vampire that only kills in self-defense and is generally as nice as a parasite can be can rise to about 7, but any higher requires increasingly ridiculous acts of good. Saving a child from a burning building for no reason other than saving a life might bump you to 8, for example.

Some of them can do it on purpose, so I imagine there's some degree of control, but most of the time it's involuntary.

So it's really just about character development and decisions up to the Storyteller? I'm not surprised that there are no rolls involved, though.

He can probably go out in the sunlight because he's a loser thinblood.

There can and often are rolls depending on the situation.

Like if you're Humanity 6 and frenzy causes you to eviscerate a bunch of kine, you might need to roll to see if your character is able to fit it into their personal morality. This is why natures are helpful.

I understand the losing of Humanity, I was more refering to raising it specifically.

When do I get to do cool vampire shit?

Is there a stupider curse than the Lasombra one? Not only is it not that bad, it can actually be used for your benefit (won't show up on cameras, Libellus Sanguinus has the example of a Lasombra using mirror halls to disorient his pursuers), and according to the novels can be bypassed by a simple charm.

This becomes even more obvious if you compare it to the other curses

in a game of VtM or VtR? Preferably in person or over discord/Ghangouts? though I thought the first part would have been a given...

If you want to do cool vampire shit out of the gate, pick a clan where backgrounds aren't that important and pump your disciplines. Gangrel are good for this, if you want you can have Protean 5 and turn into mist from your first session.

Pretty sure Lasombra actually DO appear on modern cameras. The reason vampires don't show up in mirrors or old cameras is because silver is used to make them.

It's actually psychologically debilitating for a clan that prides itself on being superior and being embroiled in social situations. There's a reason they torture ghouls tasked with their personal appearance if they don't do a good enough job.

>He plays vampire thinking he'll get to do "cool vampire shit"

Ahahahaha. Yeah, good one.

According to clanbook: lasombra, they don't; they appear as a shaded blur. Also the curse doesn't extend only to mirrors or old cameras; any and all reflective surfaces don't show their image.

If it's really that psychologically debilitating either get a charm like Marcus Vittel did or just have someone draw you.

And psychological discomfort is nothing compared to being ultra sensitive to light or being forced to feed only on a select group

>just have someone draw you.
then you get a farce like What We Do in the Shadows

Losing a point is rationalizing violations of that tier until it stops occurring to you to feel bad about it. The opposite is holding yourself to the standards of the next level up and spending the experience to make yourself believe it.

Is there any downloadable material for Changeling 2e? I couldn't find any on Google and I don't think there's any in the pastebin links.

Just get one of those realistic meme artists to draw you

Should've known it has more to do with being creatures of shadow than basic vampire lore.

>or just have someone draw you.

The more affluent (so most of them) do exactly that. It's gauche to get a portrait done more than once a year but some people can't handle that.

>And psychological discomfort is nothing compared to being ultra sensitive to light or being forced to feed only on a select group

I guess the Lasombra's real weakness is their enormous egos and obsession with being cartoon villains.

Honestly the Nosferatu curse is sort of a non-issue, since unlike most other curses (which could pop at any time and could be overlooked by people making their character, like a Gangrel's frenzy weakness or a Toreador's Stendhal syndrome), you know full well that you're going to play a character who will actively avoid mortal detection and so you design your character accordingly.

Also, does any have a copy of Demon Translation Guide?

Already did that one, check a few threads back

Its a PhotoShop overlay take it to the photoshop board

>photoshop board

Would that be /gd/ then?

>if you want you can have Protean 5 and turn into mist from your first session.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I understood the rules you can't have disciplines above 3 dots at character creation

You buy it with freebie points after dot allocation

send space . com / file / tmbroo
if it doesn't work: remove the spaces, ya dingus

Which is more fun for new people and normie goth bitches to play if I'm the st? Requiem or Masquerade?

Its boring an uncreative.

The only two games that got played in the 90s got their 20th anniversary book and thats what matters

Wrong question. What stories do normies want to explore? Take ques from the novels, flims and tv shows they watch.

Requiem is pretty simple to pick up and just play along as you have a story to tell

Poison is the only solution for making Veeky Forums mage-player filled threads good.

forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/changeling-the-lost/676949-collected-second-edition-open-development-blogs

No, not at all.

Jacked shy guy is amazing.

You mean Buff ViVi

What about male pattern baldness pharaoh standing right next to him?

Well I didn't see this in the thread anywhere, so I guess I should post it. Apparently White Wolf is offering a sanctioned homebrew thing.
www white-wolf com/community/

Just thought you folks would be interested if you haven't already heard about it.

Mr Bells? I can take him or leave him. You need to talk to Anubis, he's your guy. Suits in the foreground is my straight up bro. guy has literally and figuratively bailed me out of more jams than you would think

Where's the money?

Apparently you can't charge for whatever you make. You can use whatever you want and create homebrews, but you can't sell them.

Is this White Wolf saying "Make Free Shit for Our Stuff?" Maybe

in that case only the most dedicated fans will use it. (everything costs money these days) Larps groups will have to ignore it. no one will develop large games for it.

But we did have project vaulderie which were modders and importers. Soooooo Maybe Yeah?

It sounds like an unenforceable pile of crap, if you aren't replicating their stuff (like the subnet was) I don't see how they can enforce this.

I'm not sure the Vaulderie modders would be so hot about restarting the project after the cease and desist, but it would be great if they do.

kind of what I was thinking.
>About Larps
Larps NEED money to run. They're usally smaller groups of middle or low income that need site locations. They typically need donations so they can pool their money for bigger, safer, nicer, and have a prime location easily assailable to everyone. A large place in town. If they're hooked to a university it is slightly easier, but not really reliable. So you have a revolving door of locations.

TLDR: Larps can afford to not take donations and use DarkPack agreement

Is Larp chan around? he might have a better take on this subject.

>homebrew
writers will only use it out of a sense of loyalty. So expect a lot of hacks to use it. All in all it feels like whitewolf magazine from the old days

can not afford*

I wish anyone in my town would pay for LARPs, after a fall out with the Camarilla no one in town actually remembers there's a lot of left over animosity towards the whole culture of paying. Not to mention the general lack of income that seems to be present in most LARPers at a college.

White Wolf presents B.J. Zanzibar's World of Darkness Dark Packā„¢

Nerds make bad PR managers, and typically not adapt at managing large groups of people with different view points.

Look around us. Look at the last few thread. You're stuck in a position of caring too much for an ethereal thing, or not caring about it enough that maintaining it is simply too much work.

This is just a hobby, it's not a job. Why continue a hobby when it becomes so much like your work?

>Why continue a hobby when it becomes so much like your work?
In a desperate attempt to reclaim the fun of my youth. I just can't get into a tabletop as well as a properly run LARP. Its a pity so many people don't runt hem properly.

I dunno man, I think all the White Wolf were good conceptually (with the exception of Beast), but when it comes to actually fleshing out their concepts with ideas, they're horrible at it and rely on pandering to reject douchelords to sell shit. The ironic thing is, they'd probably make a lot more money if they attempted to make their game worlds with universal appeal instead of injecting their meta-wiccan ideology into everything.

>a desperate attempt to reclaim the fun of my youth
I too know this feel

God, no. If you're really really set on a physical copy you can get them printed on demand at DriveThru for much cheaper than that, forget the Kickstarter deluxe hardcover shit.

drivethrurpg.com/product/94815/Vampire-The-Masquerade-20th-Anniversary-Edition

What does /wodg/ think of Genius?