Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1417: Icy Titanic Love Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BxHNztg0X3s
youtube.com/watch?v=EPAfS8-wm8g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The world shall fall to my Icy goodness.

how will you do it user?

Tell me /JC/ do you keep your parents in each Jump? Or do you choose different parents? How many have companioned their parents, siblings...etc?

I will show up near the titanic and announce my great presence by shooting fire from my Iceberg mouth and saying in the best Heavy impression "Im coming for you."

>No Mario Bros. jump

Prefer different parents, I like my milfs with variety

feels good to cuck your own dad, provided they are bad

What are some good charisma perks that can make me ruler of the world?

Well, keeping in mind that they're white trash hicks who can casually throw a truck and tend to bully people and do whatever the fuck they want to do...
Keep in mind that even if you're the type of charismatic and/or stronk jumper who could wrangle them into order, they're likely to fall back into their old habits the second your back is turned.
So it's really just whether or not you find their shenanigans amusing.

They'd probably make a pretty good quirky miniboss squad!

Keep? Choose? My parents in each jump are prettymuch dependent on background, a couple perks, and circumstance.
I don't choose anything, it's basically random.

I have never companion'd anyone related to me. Although in the EMBROIDERY jump, a couple of my companions became related to me via import.

> Titanic: The Legend Lives On
> “It’s Been 84 Years...”

Okay.

I... NEED... someone to explain to me why this is a bad idea.

>Tell me /JC/ do you keep your parents in each Jump?

nope, being the jumper is pretty much like being the Buddha only you are not stuck in one universe.

>Or do you choose different parents?

you can't really choose family, but I've been parts of houses that exist in settings on occasions.

>How many have companioned their parents, siblings...etc?

No,never done that.

But, we do?

Also, a Paper Mario jump?

It's not? I mean, shit, a Jumper could do a lot of good during that time period. It's just like Force of the Times from MGS.

> a Jumper could do a lot of good during that time period
Oh, certainly! In the real world, and even in the live action movie world, a jumper could do all kinds of fun things, like, you know, stop the sinking of the titanic, help out, enjoy the 1970s, all kinds of stuff.

But taking "The Legend Lives On" places you in the first animated musical adaptation.
Which is actually called "The Legend Goes On", not lives, but semantics.

Said musical includes such things as:
> Seven different plots
> Abrupt scene transitions
> Disjointed dialog
> Poor script reading
> Mexican mice
> Two evil step mothers
> Slapstick
> A "where are they now" epilogue where everyone lives
> A rapping dog

This is real footage:
youtube.com/watch?v=BxHNztg0X3s

And I'm thinking about going there for 84 years.

And I need someone to talk me out of it.

>I... NEED... someone to explain to me why this is a bad idea.

>looks at jump
Hmm. 84 years on a mundane Earth could be darn pretty boring for some Jumpers?

Oh.

Um. Because NOBODY has that many sanity perks?

So Jumpers, which companions, after you did some reading on them have made you realize that you may have made a terrible mistake and unleashed a monster on the multiverse?

As in, everytime you go through the companion options and start picking out options for them, you get a sinking feeling that no matter what, they'll still be fucking terrifying if not more so?

Mine was Tomoe Mami, an onee-san type magical girl from Magica Madoka.

She's terrifying yo.

Not a mistake, but the more I think about Jibril from NGNL, the more I start realizing exactly how her personality would develop with me as her master, instantly seizing upon new impressions and opportunities of the multiverse and throwing herself into them, in her entirety.

'Tis glorious.

Can you explain? She seemed to be an emotionally scarred young woman.

The Oedipul mother
Look it up

Actually, googling it is kinda hard
youtube.com/watch?v=EPAfS8-wm8g

Psychoanalysis is rejected by the majority of modern psychologists, Freud.

It's an archetype, and Mami is a fictional character...

user, come on buddy.

Hollow Knight Jump when? Not it!

Well, that's mainly because of PARTY TIME

Also this is a setting where rich snobs can hire shark gangster hitmen

Oh, and giant octopi exist but can't breathe under water

Wait, why this IS a bad idea?

People won't stop telling you that you can't go through this way, lest you force them to resort to violence. It will either get really, really annoying, or you'll be forced to fight.

In general the whole thing will be less entertaining than watching it because nobody can carry a conversation without starting to repeat themselves, and then descending into incoprehensible gibberish slang.

Also, it takes roughly 20 seconds for the male lead to fall in love after making eye contact. Boy has attachment issues.

I'm not exactly a bad child, but with a few exceptions my sheer amount of stealth gives most of them sudden bouts of amnesia.

There's just this vague awareness of homework being done and the lawn being mowed. And so far, I've only companioned the same sister twice.

Actually, I'm fully aware of what monsters I'm bringing along. At this point being associated with an apocalypse has become the community rite of passage.

Every jump I can't get them to work constructively on something runs the risk of a cosmic catfight, like the time Jadis talked shit about Bayonetta's hair. There's chunks of Arizona that are uninhabitable to this day.

The real surprise horror comes from the ones that team up. Like Adorjan, Delight and the Alice-gestalt's sisterly rivalry. Don't get me wrong-they love each other very much because they understand each other-but they generally share that love to others through the medium of stab wounds and psychotic breakdowns.

I still have no idea WHAT they did to that poor demon lord, but my crew was picking bits of him out of the Warehouse faculties for months.

You know what the fun thing about archetype is? They're just stereotypes, and assumptions. Not everyone agrees with the definition of every archetype, especially when you get into weird obscure ones based on a psychoanalysist's view of the female mind. Nor even does technically belonging to an archetype require a character to fit whatever weird ass sexual expectations people have of it, instead of being their own individual.

That's fine but, Mami has aspects of the Oedipal mother so.

And Freud isn't obscure, and neither is Jordan Peterson.

Zero from Drakengard 3 is the closest to someone who fits the bill, but I knew it was coming.

You save some one who doesn't think twice about murdering people from certain death and they kinda don't know what to do with themselves.

Anyone in the modern age who honestly takes Freud seriously as someone relevant today should be shot. It's kinder then letting them live with that sort of mental disability.

Which part of 'not everyone agrees with the definition of every archetype' don't you get?

And Freud isn't obscure, but he's completely discredited.

Why are you waifuing a bird-fucking whore?

He's not completely discredited. His good ideas have all been assimilated and the only ones left are the bad ones.

Look user. Freud is respected as the founder of modern psychology. That doesn't mean his actual theories are worth a damn thing. It was his disciples and friends who started getting close to the truth, rather than just projecting their fetishes.

And any archetype based on Freud's sexual and female psychology theories is instantly an unbelievable and broken mess.

Because I played the game with the Japanese VA and she was bae.

Ok guys I will probably be changing things up if anything needs to be changed, and when new books come out I will be updating (if we get more info on more classes I will probably add new backgrounds)

So here we go world seed wip, mainly done for the time being, version 1. In a meeting at work here but will answer questions asap.

Thoughts?

>Japanese VA
>Missing out on all the cussing and bitching and only getting the mostly emotionless performance instead
Poor user.

Then waifu the VA.

> Also this is a setting where rich snobs can hire shark gangster hitmen
> Oh, and giant octopi exist but can't breathe under water
Nono, you're thinking of the OTHER animated Titanic movie. Called "The Legend of the Titanic". See, there were actually two seperate animated adaptions, and the second one was the one with gangster sharks. That was the one where the boat was pulled back together by an Octopus who had Mickey Mouse's face, and so everyone was saved. But in the "The Legend Goes On", the boat did actually sink, and it's just everyone got out okay.
Also, "The Legend of the Titanic" had a sequel, wherein the two main leads of the original get kidnapped to Atlantis, where the ruler plans to keep them there forever in holy matrimony to each other because thdsrkslaADSFDOR@#MYHANDS ARE TRYINGTO STRANGLE ME
CHOK ING ON VOMIT MY BODY REJECTI NG ME
HALPP

I have parents and siblings as determined by my background. During the Fire Embleming I had at least 4 sets of parents with at least 9 children each. Code Lyoko got me a little sister so that the bad guy had something to use against me. Parents were in Geneva, though.

We're not talking about the real world user
We're talking about a character written by Gen Urobuchi, a man who is overly fixated on Nietzsche, who's works Freud was responding too, directly or indirectly.

You are really stretching to justify this huh?

An archetype with no foundation in the real world is nothing more than a theory, and can be freely rejected as goddamn retarded. Like you are.

Seriously, the only fetishes Urobuchi has are misery, rape, and NTR. He's not writing about your incest mommy fetish.

You want me to explain my family tree?

I'm going to need at least fifty-five PowerPoints, and also at some point I'm going to need to explain the concepts behind one particular branch of genealogy to explain why one of my parents is a literal tree.

I bought the Family Tree item in the Paradox Grand Strategy arc. And even to this day not even The Cat can make heads-or-tails of it.

>also at some point I'm going to need to explain the concepts behind one particular branch of genealogy to explain why one of my parents is a literal tree.
Didn't someone only just now ask for Hollow Knight Jump? How are you a Vessel already?

The technological upgrade capstone feels artificial with the percentile quantifier, but they're not exactly dealbreakers. I'd prefer it to be limited as a softcap with a worded example, but that's just personal preference

>Grove

...alright, can you explain how there's perk parity between creating a miniature solar system in your own soul and the other capstones?

Also what's this virtual/artificial reality distinction? Just to be clear, all that moon monster nonsense is just a REALLY realistic simulation not an actual thing right?

*creating a solar system

Long, convoluted story and whatever you do, DO NOT LOOK BENEATH THE MASK.

That's more of a nightmare scenerio for the mundane earth than the jumper.

>when new books come out

So this jump is based on a LN? Sort of a future Earth with an emphasis on VR tech and then magic comes back resulting in a partial apocalypse and wacky space adventures, like some sort of crazy SwordArtOnline-meets-ShadowRun-meets-CowboyBebop?

>Tree parent

What?!

No the moon literally became a monster called the lunar titan. It stood up and flew away. Current whereabouts unknown. Grove can get up to solar system inside you but that takes a lot of work and requires you to micromanage and add the correct types of mana in the correct amounts. While this sounds good, and it is, this means that you have to suck up a literal planets worth of material to get a planet in your grove. You dont get somethong from nothing and even getting something the size of a normal planetoid of even the size of our moon is going to take a very long time and a lot of elemental cultivation. Basically its gonna look like a solar system but be nowhere near as big.

Wouldn't Mami's usually murderous and/or suicidal reaction to the truth of the puella magi witch system probably be a better reason to find her terrifying?

Turns out the artificial reality vr game was the future and the seeds used to play the game are the cause of it

But fair enough on the upgrade perk I can make it have a soft cap instead, thats doable and makes sense enough to justify.

Don't forgot about the Scottish artillery man soldier that was "cursed" to be dressed up like a little girl and wear a wig in the sequel one.

That was a very important par-ohgod I feel my liver attacking me for remembering it even for a joke.

>He's not writing about your incest mommy fetish.

That's not what the Oedipal mother is though, I mean it is in it's extreme. It's female totalitarianism, over protectiveness, and an over dependence on the emotional gratification of your children or people that are infantilised in the mind of the subject.

And it does have foundation in the real world, hell in the video I linked there was that depiction of Mary stepping on the snake and holding baby Jesus off to the side which predates Freud by centuries. It's a recurring archetype throughout history. Mother's are required to be protective of their children, they have biological drives to do so, and it becomes hazardous to a child's emotional development, and if you think I'm wrong about that then I would be interested in hearing what you attribute an entire generation demanding safe spaces in university.

Mami infantilising Madoka is probably a little too strong of a statement for their relationship, but she is protective of her, she does definitely see her as naive and she does definitely see Homura as a threat, which is why she binds her, which ultimately leads to her death.

Possibly, we're just talking here.

>Moon left.
Wow, how's the weather dealing with that?

>Huge Inner Soul needs stuff.
Understood on my end, though I'm not that guy. With this a few other abilities my Inner World is gonna be swollen as fuck when I go to DC and get it turned into an awesome World of Jumper.

Her going straight for the kill was kinda nuts.

Huh. This sounds like VR Xianxia... is it one?

Soft cap a planatary or something maybe, again not that guy just commenting.

>the moon literally became a monster

How? According to the intro I just thought virtual reality was really, really high tech and all the magic's a simulation in it or something.

I just think its' potential of scope just far outstrips the other perk. A solar system is much, MUCH bigger than creating some kind of moon monster

I don't understand, what's going on and why is the future full of moon monsters

That sure is a lot of projection. It's like you can't handle the concept of positive personality traits and think that they thus have to be an insane manipulator using you for their own gratification. You like psychoanalysts quite a bit, so I'll go ahead and ape them and say this is indicative of you suffering severe childhood trauma related to your mother or another female caregiver.

>too bad, it was a bespectacled mami-chan.
I'm not disappointed in the least.

>only getting the mostly emotionless performance instead
It was nuanced and much more subdued but I wouldn't call it emotionless. I mean English Dod3 Zero was just Kaine with out the dick, which is a down grade IMO.

Then again I'm the kind of person that likes mass production dead fish so...

Not at all, I had the tyrannical father.

>Wow, how's the weather dealing with that?
From what I can gather from reading the jump, the Earth's basically fucked and Space Elves (TM) show up to evacuate (some/most of?) the population.

>Wow, how's the weather dealing with that?

Not well. But then again people are having a harder time with dragons destroying europe.

>Understood on my end, though I'm not that guy. With this a few other abilities my Inner World is gonna be swollen as fuck when I go to DC and get it turned into an awesome World of Jumper.

It also requires you to add every element manually, want air? You gotta cultivate air. Want water, same thing, nothing comes free and its time consuming.

Its kinda a xia, it has xia elements but its more a mmo turned real thing.

Soft cap to planetary I could probably do they make lots of mini king kai sized planetoids of elements around a ball of plasma mana acting as a sun in setting. They act like planets in that they revolve around the biggest mass.

Then I need to make the intro more clear. The future is full of monsters, moon sized ones exist in space. Magic changed how reality worked fundamentally. Statues became golems, things became real that used to be myths, the things closest to earth became monsters first and the moon is close, in the future earth is a planet sized dungeon with max level monsters thanks to absorbing all that mana.

Who here Anti-Monitor?

so how much different are you in your first jump and latest jump?

for jumpers who have done multiple hundreds or higher of jumps how do new settings interact with you?

how big are your hands?

Not exactly, earth (with some blueprints for ships from the neolife game) builds some ark ships then basically gtfo to the closest habitable worlds (also located thanks to the game) which happen to be the halfling worlds and the elf worlds.

If I can store shit in my soul is it okay to do that instead of cultivating stuff?

I generally don't have parents, or families for that matter, in any of the universes I Jump to. Which struck me as odd at first. Not that I really minded. Not having a family to dance around when it came to my adventures and superscience makes things easier.

Of course, that changes if I take certain drawbacks or powers that make it obvious I'm related to somebody. Like Raven's powerset in Teen Titans. But generally it's just me with vague memories of my upbringing and relevant data for the world I'm getting dropped into.

Technically I was apparently also Andrew Ryan's son in Bioshock... but that was a weird Jump.

I don't regret bringing her along one bit, but Rip Van Winkle (from Hellsing) is about 2/3 Monster and usually tries to find new ways to add more in. She went half-Greeed in Kamen Rider OOOs and the only thing that stopped her from going full bore down that path was that I specifically picked Core Medals for her that belonged to a Greeed that didn't actually exist.

And then there's some of the Advanced Abilities our Falna has granted her. They... /encourage/ her to devour people. Which, I guess is handy in the war-torn times I find myself in now, but is still rather disturbing to see in action.

Like how do you mean? The mc can store stuff in their grove but it has to have somewhete to put it, which means you have to at least cultivate enough earth to sit it on, also you can usually only put something around max the size of a car or so, though if you build something bigger inside you can take it out even if its huge.

Do you feel cheap when using high end magic on non-magical settings or settings where magic is rarely used and not very potent?

not really, because I only use them on holidays

No, I like being OP.

Wait, so there was magic in the world all along and the VR craze has nothing to do with anything?

Normal matter won the war in our universe, why would I associate myself with the first loser? In my powerfantasy where I'm a powerful entity and not a shit neet.

First jump my jumper was just me, latest jump my jumper is a hive queen with a psychic connection to all her children with magic powers. I still like to think she does good, but with the power and technology accrued any direct intervention or uplifting in the societies in the various jumps is starting to be incredibly destructive.

And like I said, they tend to interact with my jumper badly. Scripture is disproven, people are afraid, all manner of bad things happen. She tends to hide for the duration of the jump these days, interacting with the societies covertly.

No, the vr game shipped with vr pods called seeds. The seeds (without anyones knowledge) began pumping out mana when activated. This changed things, the game is actually sending the players avatar into the future roughly 3k years, the seeds are causing reality to change by making magic which leads to the future being the magic scifi setting it is.

The seeds are mcguffins that seed the universe with magic.

At this point I am physically incapable of seeing the point of a fair fight outside the bounds of manipulating fairness to achieve an end, although I understand the concept in abstract.

And I find it absurd.

>Who here Anti-Monitor

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I was Anti-SPIRAL many milennia ago and I did acquire the Anti-Monitor's technology to build antimatter lanturn rings, does that count?

>so how much different

I am now brighter and hotter than the event that created my original self's universe.

>hundreds of higher jumps

Uh. I...kinda wedge up agsint them, awkwardly? So there's the jump right, and there's the multiverse I naturally exude that sort of nudges into it, cushioning my insertion into the fringes of a given reality. So, kinda cramped is how I'd put it.

>how big are your hands

Er, depending on how far we stretch the definition of "hands" anywhere between the span of a universe and the width of a molecular bond.

Huh. So the seeds just kind of...showed up? Nobody made them?

Oh I thought we had to cultivate space first and had no way to get things in and out is all.

Seeds showed up first as part of early access game, then after a bit literally everyone got one from nowhere just showing up in their house.

You need to cultivate the groves ground first, space (vacuum) can add more area but then stuff will just kinda float there in a vacuum. You can pull stuff in but it also takes mp to do.

I see I will need to add more notes.

What do seeds actually look like? I was under the impression they look like a Kinect but with less spiders living inside

Its like a lay down bed vr capsule. It is described as looking a lot like coffin.

Careful, user! You need that to drink!

In such settings, I prefer to use magic in such a way that it is not obvious I'm using magic.
Actually, I usually prefer to downplay my true powers even in high magic settings. Saves headaches.

But generally, no matter how I do it, I tend to crush real opposition pretty handily. I don't feel bad about it.
Fair fights are just a thing people use to make them feel good about losing.

And that's fine. It can be fun to lose! But that's all it is. For fun. A game.
If you're actually trying to win, there's no point in fighting fair. That defeats the point of trying.

> Who here Anti-Monitor?
I'm too much of a filthy casual to understand what that is.

> so how much different are you in your first jump and latest jump?
Well, in my first jump I was cheerful despite a couple traumas, and tended to expos the value of friendship. So I actually fit into Pokemon pretty well, except for the whole "not really into battling" part.

Nowadays I'm a mad researcher monstercat who messes with people and wallows in darkness.

> for jumpers who have done multiple hundreds or higher of jumps how do new settings interact with you?
Depends on my background. I still tend to do the stealth jumper thing, although various perks and things have made independent life really easy.
So, y'know, if I want to be a world traveller or something, that's pretty easy.

> how big are your hands?
Depends on how fluffy they are at the time.

>what that is

Don't worry, he's basically DC's final boss who they whip out whenever they need to justify Darkseid siding with the Justice League for some reason. And even they can't decide who he is all the time.

General consensus is that he's the ruler of an antimatter universe and is super salty at existence because reasons.

What would the origins be? (Drop-in, Vessal, Radiant, and Abyssal)
What would the Perks be like? (Drop-In makes charms weapons and such from preexisting powers and abilities, Vessal is about using Soul Based stuff and being a sealing tool, Radiant is all the hivemind, and Abyssal is about being one with the void and that)
What would the Items be like? (Geo, various nicknacks, maps, map pins, a few charms maybe, etc.)
What would the Drawbacks be like? (Riddance has taken over everything but what was seen in the game, Starting with a bit of Radiance to begin, Warriors Ghosts that hold powers stolen from you, Powers stripped, The King is Dead Long Live the King, Hollow Knight get's bad end within the ten years you'll have to deal with whats in the Black Egg)
Here to me wishing that there were a Jumpmaker willing to take up this great world and give it a Jump.

>So many old jumps without a companion option

>Radiant

Isn't there only one of that thing and it's some kind of eldritch deity? Other than that I can only think of the disease

Also the heck's an Abyssal, I thought the Vessels were the ones that contain the Abyss' power?

Ok lets try this again.

Changes:
•added some notes on the setting, only a few though
•made upgrade perk for tech line a soft cap
•added detail to grove perk to specify how it works in setting better.
•Changed intro a bit.

Thoughts?

how do you display your powers mighty jumper?

how did you become the anti-spiral?

>I am now brighter and hotter than the event that created my original self's universe.

righteous

He did some bullshit powerwanking where he sacrificed himself in a ritual to himself to become all powerful.

>Depends on how fluffy they are at the time.

how about maximum floof?

which ritual?

>how do you display your powers mighty jumper?
With shock and awe

It seems like I'm fated have shitty relations with my relatives/family no matter what. just like real life, so I'm used to it.

If they're canon characters I usually don't have shitty relations with them if they're not the kind of person to be an asshole.

me with grail-kun when I gave him stuff in Slime Rancher. I realized I made a very, very bad superweapon on my hands.

Has the world gone to seed?

The Moth's once had control of what the Radiance was, and by using it they learned some serious shit about Dream and Soul. Yes, there is only one The Radiant it's sort of a an Eldritch Hivemind thing that has evolved the infection stuff in response to The Hollow Knight and Black Egg sealing it way so it can't use it's Eldritch Hivemind super powers like it used to.

The black things from down in the Abyss are Abyssals, which are beings of Void. The Abyssals are kind oddballs because they can come back from nearly anything. Vessals like Hollow Knight and Hornet were formed from arts that the White King developed from understanding some stuff about the Wyrm, and maybe because he might have been the Wyrm but no one can conclusively say on that point. The reason Hollow Knight and Hornet are so awesome is because, unlike regular Abyssals, they have the ability to manipulate Soul as well as be murder ghost bugs.

>which ritual?
I've been around for quite some time and I remember some of those posts. The answer to your question is... many. He used Darkhollow from Dresdien Files that I know of, lots of things like Correspondence stuff from Fallen London, some Norse Myth stuff from Viking Saga, and there was a long stint where he was ASA where fucking worlds burned to keep him going. After all that he basically created a vast ritual in Exalted that wound up with him being almost as Perfect as UC and his apotheosis is based on the Exalted Big Bang Yozi whose name I always fuck up. So... yeah alot of stuff happened to make him that way.

Didn't the Exalted thing fail because Mardukth said he couldn't make Essence 6+ custom charms? Or did he just give up and let ASA do whatever he wanted?

Hah, you could say that what with humanity fleeing to other worlds, there is a myth in the neolife game that every race created ftl at toughly the exact same time. Turns out that is both true and not true, when humans became the races of their avatars and then fled earth in starships (being the first ftl race) the people who were now the race of their avatars basically sought out others like them. Which means elf players became elves and skeletons found skeletons and lamias went to find lamias. So while earth (humans) really became the first race to make ftl travel (using tech and magic from the future) all races really did create space travel more or less simultaneously because members of their races (who used to be human) came from earth and taught them tech and magic to be able to become ftl races and in doing so spread temples to the new gods so people could use magic and level up.

Well, through bitterness mostly. Y'see, I ventured into Ravenloft around jump #16 and it soured my view on life. The guilt. The constant need to look over your shoulder. The paranoia at the idea the multiverse was populated by THINGS that could just drop out of the aether and ruin your life.

For a while I was content to stew in my misanthropy. At first I was content to perform terrible sacrifices for the sake of personal security-but 90 jumps or so later, getting my hands on the Dark Soul of Man and Gwyn's Lord Soul...changed me. I had an ephiphany: A world where nothing had to change, protected by its' own timelessness.

Decades went by. I met and fought incarnations of the Crawling Chaos-one of the most terrible dark powers from Ravenloft-again and again, saw the scope of the multiverse and started to feel insecure at the sheer inconsistency; the idea wouldn't let go of me. I didn't immediately go mad with power; I started to look like a glowing shadow well before I acted like one. Everything changed when I jumped Dune in another 90 decades.

I rolled A God I Am.

I snapped; it became obvious to me it was better to either render worlds desolate enough to escape notice from higher beings, dominate them or remake their civilisations as hiveminds to stand a chance.

...at the end of the day, evil is depressingly banal. I felt guilty I couldn't do everything I could do protect the people that mattered, and I felt horrified at the idea everything was truly meaningless. I wanted to preserve it at all costs. Eventually I paid the price for my hubris, tried to let go and move on with my life and backslid out of cynicism.

It wasn't until my wife left me, I lost my sense of identity turning into a Nobody, barely managed to save an alternate universe version of my wife and finally was emotionally blackmailed by my subconsciousness into becoming something else.

Basically, I became the Anti-Spiral the way other people developed drinking problems.

Nope, it seriously gimped the build from my understanding but Garlock is still as close to a Primordial as a being can get. Personally I'd just make all my Charms Essence 1-5 and have a paywall so I'd have to rebuy them to improve them past the E6+ barrier, just like all the Yozi charms are actually set up but that is just me.

Then again I still don't know why the Ebon Dragon hasn't used Brighter Light, Deeper Shadows (Custom Charm-Steal which only works on US because of their symbolic relationship) to become infinitely awesome by mirroring all of US's entire Charm Tree. That should be easy for Ebby but he never does it.

>Humanity creating its own horrible rivals

You've become the Antispiral like, three times now. Each time from retconning an attempted character development.

Because he is self defeating, he has to also fight him self so he doesnt become to powerful. He basically does all he can to sabotage everyone including himself.

Some human supremecist groups popped up in the ships headed to the elf worlds (3 worlds located in the same system) and they tried to take over and start the empire of man, the elves responded by using an orbital cannon on one of the small ships and creating a toxin that would kill any human who enterred their atmosphere. They didnt release the toxin but the threat was there.

So you're telling me it's my duty in this setting to genocide the elves for the sake of humanity?