To all the people who think what Coinbase did wasn't illegal

ballardspahr.com/alertspublications/legalalerts/2016-01-13-the-cftc-turns-to-insider-trading-enforcement.aspx

Things are about to get spicy

Someone needs to sue them and then things will get very spicy indeed

Fucking faggots. This is crypto. Nobody gives two fucking shits about your feelings or your losses. Cash out and buy a fucking rope or a gun and an hero. I fucking hate cocksuckers like you. Fucking entitled assmad leddit millenials. I hope you get ball cancer you pieces of fucking shit. DIE!!!!!!!!!!!

wait wat was illegal

these assmad pussies have no fucking clue, but because their feels are hurt, they're gonna cry

This link leads to an article unrelated to BTC, stop relying on people who can't read to REEEEEE.

People inside coinbase knew bitcash was incoming so they clearly sold a bunch of btc and put it into bcc before the deal went down to catch that wicked spike. It's called insider trading and it is illegal.

if there is one thing we learned tonight it is that all corecucks are nucoiner bugmen

>Tether shady as fuck, should we call the feds?
>But it's pumping BTC so we'll just let it slide

It is related because most people think "Insider Trading" only applies to securities, but in 2016 the CFTC went after someone for insider trading a commodity based on information they obtained from their employer. That is exactly what we just witnessed from Coinbase. That means the CFTC has precedent and standing to go after them.

But everyone knew that. They announced it weeks ago, ninny.

>insider trading is literally the only possible explanation for the market movements

>Things are about to get spicy

The problem is to sue them you need to prove damages. They reversed the trades, so no damage, no case!

Legitimately curious user here. I thought this shit was still considered fake internet monopoly money in the us.
Is that no longer the case?
What exactly marks the transition from fake internet monopoly money to something regulated?

>What exactly marks the transition from fake internet monopoly money to something regulated?

Always taxes!

It's not regulated. It's not covered by SEC.

It's treated as a commodity like gold or oil. It has always been subject to regulation, but back when there wasn't much of a market cap it wasn't enforced. Now that it is worth hundreds of billions of USD, trading on CME, and taxed by the IRS we are seeing the first waves of regulation. Shit like Coinbase just pulled is going to get them to come a lot faster.

It's the wild west, but the pansy crowd will get togather and demand something be done. Happens every fucking time

NO NO NO STOP IT YOU FUCKING RETARDS

IF THE GOVERNMENT TAKES DOWN COINBASE THE NORMIE PUMP STREAM IS GONE

LET BITCOIN CASH PUMP AND THEN TAKE DOWN COINBASE LMAO OR JUST DONT TAKE IT DOWN AT ALL

IF YOU GET THE GOVERNMENT INVOLVED THE WHOLE FUCKING CRYPTO OPERATION IS DONE MOTERHFUCKER

This.

I always understood that I would have to pay taxes upon cashing out.
Interesting, anyone have some recommended reading material?
I thought none of that applied, but given what happened today I'm expecting it to be more regulated sooner than later.

This is why decentralized trading needs to become the norm. This is always going to happen and getting the government involved is only going to cause new regulation to be made which misses the point of cryptocurrency.

Greed will always influence systems that can be influenced, decentralization is supposed to remove the human element of trade.

>It's treated as a commodity like gold or oil.
not
futures are now that they are on the exchanges.
Banks are regulated thats why its fucking impossible to get verified that and yuge volume

I can't wait for BCH to overtake, the levels of assmad will off the charts.

Yes, and you’re actually obligated for capital gains on EVERY transaction you’ve done. Have fun with your audit.

>retards are mad someone else made money
>better burn the whole thing down folks

>I always understood that I would have to pay taxes upon cashing out.
You even have to pay taxes on illegal activity RICO.
sell pottery out of your garage, pay the government

>heh Bitcoin is unstoppable anti-state financial solution that is distributed and independent!
>PLEASE DADDY GUBMENT PROTECT MY BTC MAKE IT GO UP DADDY

suck a fuck bcore you are the worst crypto

it's not the wild west and people who think like you need to be jailed and kept away from civilized society. you pajeets are always coming up with new ways to scam people. fuck you.

Is that you dad?

That's nuts and sounds pretty unenforceable.
Forgot about that. I always wondered what their logic was in adding a field to admit to illicit activity.

Goddamnit Doge, you’re drunk. Start thinking proactively, shits gonna happen. Now how to avoid being torn a new floppy anus by the US gubmint is what’s important. Time to start thinking like a refugee or nog, IMO

Mmhmm. You just wait. The US crypto markets/sellers, you know, GDAX, Coinbase, Bittrex et al., they have clear position statements about know-your-customer regulation and compliance with federal financial laws- you know that annoying ID verification? You can and will be subpoenaed if need be by the IRS. They’re foaming at the mouth.
>seems unenforceable
Watch.
We’re all in for a fucking shitshow.

I believe I'm beginning to understand how fucked this is going to get for a lot of people.
I fully intend to do this the legal way, hope I don't forget anything. I'm not in that deep, just been putting in money here and there that would have gone to alcohol anyways.