As a result of a powerful curse, you gain the ability to communicate verbally with all fish

>As a result of a powerful curse, you gain the ability to communicate verbally with all fish.
>Now everyone sees you as just "that guy who talks to fish" regardless of any other useful things you can do.

Other urls found in this thread:

modernfirearms.net/assault/rus/ads-dvuhsredny-e.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I make friends with various kinds of dangerous fish and terrorize coastal towns.

But user, I barely talk to people, and I can relate to them about vidya and tv and tabletop games. What the fuck would I talk to a fish about, even if I could?

It'll very quickly become "That guy who talks with Sharks" and then into "Lord of the Sharks" and some thousand years or so down the line "God of the Sharks".

Why would they listen though?

>Australian who can now bargain with the local fish.
Fear me.

You mean like Aquaman is a rather powerful superhero in DC with Wonder Woman-tier strength and a super-advanced army at his command, but is known by most as a memetic useless fish-whisperer buttjoke because of Big Bang Theory?

>How did you get off the island, sir?
>Sea turtles.

Aquaman's problem isn't that he's weak, but that the thing that really sets him apart from other super heroes is useless in fighting crime in 90% of cases. Sure, he's got the standard package of super strength and durability, but so does nearly every generic super-hero. The thing that makes Aquaman Aquaman is his ability to breathe under water and talk to marine life, neighter of which is really useful in fighting crime, since 99% of crime happens somewhere other than under water. So either you have to come up with some contrived situation to justify why Aquaman's highly specific skillset is vital to solving the plot, or you have him filling a role that could be filled with literally any superhero. The fatc that his arch nemesis is a guy who evn in-universe exists for the sole purpose of being his nemesis should tell that the writers have pretty much always had trouble with writing stuff for Aquaman to do.

Now, if I could have some superhero's powers in real life, Aquaman would be near the top of the list, and he'd make the worlds greatest marine biologist or deep sea diver, but for fighting crime his most unique abilities are completely wasted.

>Crime
...JLA supers aren't there to fight crime, they're there to stop world-ending menaces.

Everyone always forgets that Aquaman is the sovereign king of a high tech, high magic country that could, if Arthur was a dick bring the world to its knees.

I'd go on OUTRAGEOUS adventures like fight pirates and help whales and hang out with a dude with mommy issues that wears an animal themed suit.

I'd kill myself and my gay son in shame that I couldn't get a badass deathray helmet instead.

Most world-ending menaces don't happen underwater either. Whenever you've got some alien invasion or supervillain trying to take over the world, they'll inevitably attack some major city, not the ocean.

I ask pond fishes if they want anything.

And then he became king blowjob, though.

Most major cities are coastal, his wife could and did summon tsunamis to get invaders out.
And then, as you said, he still has the generic super hero package, that's always useful.

>>Now everyone sees you as just "that guy who talks to fish" regardless of any other useful things you can do.
YOU WILL REGRET THIS

He who speaks with fish is just ambiguous enough that if you're strong enough it could be menacing.

"Under your beds children, and hold your rosemary sprigs tight, Y'halshul who speaks with the fish approaches."

Fish are fucking cool. I'm just going to talk to them all day about my hopes and dreams.

Wrong thread, Black Manta.

I honestly teared up a little at that scene in Skullkickers.

>hello?
>where is water?
>can't breathe
>what is happening?

I became am"bass"ador and a hero of the fish.

So... you're saying Aquaman would make a better villain than he would hero?

Wanna know why there was no pacific rim in Marvel?
Because aquaman beat the shit out of them.
Wanna know another thing about why Lobo hasn't killed everyone on earth either?
Because he's BFF with aquaman over their love for dolphins. This is actually canon, lobo is BFF with aquaman over mutual love over dolphins.

>playing coastal druid
So absolutely nothing changes other than the fact I always have Speak with Animals on? Cool

Aquaman is DC.

but fish lack verbals
and ears

So is lobo I get em confused.

>if Arthur was a dick bring the world to its knees
>Captain Atom, Superman, Captain Shazaam, WW don't exist

Atlantis has shit because they have shit to deal with underwater. If he just redirected all those resources, he'd get his kingdom rekt.

Aquaman works best when his writers use him as a Conan-style adventure hero rather than a traditional cape.

The new DC Cinematic Universe interpretation where he's some sort of Maori warlord is kinda cool to but I'm not giving those hacks anymore money or trust. MoS and BvS were mean-spirited garbage flicks and Justice League will be too.

Current events

Thats it, its all over.

>So either you have to come up with some contrived situation to justify why Aquaman's highly specific skillset is vital to solving the plot
Always a good reason to post this

But I don't wanna be killed by Black Manta!!

...how. how did i not see your post

also, i like that we bothy thought of old seanbaby. i actually owned his illegal cafepress "aquaman sucks" tshirt (and the "mr. t enjoys cereal" baseball tee)

Bring a gun.

Build a hundred bridges, and no one'll bat an eye, but fuck one goat, and you shall be forever known as a Goatfucker.

>Now everyone sees you as just "that guy who talks to fish" regardless of any other useful things you can do.

What would a fish even have to talk about?

Imagine how awful it would be to have always - on animal empathy. I'm pretty sure even if the animals were okay with you eating meat (after all lots of predators do and cannibalism happens in nature) going into the forest would expose you to a thousand voices whose priorities and thought patterns are completely alien to humans.
Same thing for fish, except it might be worse.
>This human is going to eat me
>That's fine
>Beyond mating age anyways
>At least I can swim in bowl and get fed without being hunted before dying

>regardless of any other useful thing you can do

Sounds like you've given your character a goal in life.

Failing that you can always just trick people by talking to every animal and pretending they are all avoidant assholes except those nice fish.

>gun
>underwater

No love for a shitty pun and some trips, I guess. Shame.

>can talk to sharks
fuck yes

The only bad thing about sharks is they use the nerves in their gums to investigate foreign objects like how we use fingertips. If I can communicate in another way, that means no getting savaged as a greeting.

Atlantis has a lot of bullshit magic tech though. His brother almost gave the surface world a solid dicking because he thought they were trying to start a war with him in New 52. Probably a decent amount of examples before New 52, but haven't read much Aquaman from there

Sharks are complex creatures

Your Soviet friends are hear to help
modernfirearms.net/assault/rus/ads-dvuhsredny-e.html

Well, yes. Aquaman is DC's Namor and everybody respects Namor, mostly because he is a villain/anti-hero who does shit like this on a semi-frequent basis.

Ruler of a peaceful felatiocracy. Would such a government be sustainable?