Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1418: Snakes on a Plane Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/ZdJd8F44
pastebin.com/5Dy0LFxQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Enough is enough.

Assuming Essence 10, when you activate the Charm does the Inner World expand by ten miles in every direction? I plan on solving size limitations by making an actual planet.

Does Conjoined Conjures let you pick me choose which aspects of the magic systems you want to combine into the new one? Can you take only the parts you want from two or three systems while leaving out the downsides? Or is it more like smashing them all together into one conglomerate system?

>But as devil tiger you can make custom charms. There is literally no reason to pay for any of that since you can just make custom charms for all of it for free.
You can also learn magic in D&D for free, but we still have perks for it
Or learn how to make bio-plagues in Resident Evil
Or how Radiation Tech works in Fallout.

The perks give you a boost, and help you learn it/be better at it.

No. Five miles in every direction from the center, with a 10 mile diameter.

No, it just allows you to shape anything within a radius of ten miles from whatever you choose as the center when you use the charm.

Yup, but it's 10 miles radius, not diameter.

>You can also learn magic in D&D for free, but we still have perks for it
Because otherwise the Weave/ambient magic field/whatever for that setting won't be present and it won't work.

>Or learn how to make bio-plagues in Resident Evil
Guarantees your magic pseudoscience viruses will work on real people with real genetics.

>Or how Radiation Tech works in Fallout.
I'll give you that. It's more fairly realistic stuff.

Considering who it's based on, it's more likely you're researching magic systems and devising a (probably impossible but Jumper says fuck you) way to create a new magic system based on both. Which means that while you have control over those aspects, seeing as you're making the damn thing, there probably are fundamental features you can't do away with without accidentally getting rid of some other beneficial aspect you might want to keep.

If you don't appreciate the fluff on that, I Cheat from Justice League Dark is full plug-n-play mixin' and matchin'. Or was it from DC Occult? One of the two.

My mistake. I often confuse Radius and Diameter.

Also I caught up to last thread. Multiple souls = more inner worlds?
This pleases the Justice greatly. MOAR WORLDS! MOAR MAD SCIENCE! JUSTICE SHALL BE A SETTING UNTO HIMSELF!

No problem. I've made the mistake of saying it was diameter a few times here too, so it's been beaten into my head pretty well by now.

And yeah, moar worlds! It's a pretty fun idea.

Still gotta spend the time and effort shaping each of them though.

So the Inner World starts as an infinite realm of… nothing, I guess, and using the charm lets you turn an area of that nothing into something?

Mardukth. You don't understand. I spend so much time in my Lab making Biological/Mechanical abominations against god. That are WAY too dangerous to release.
Now I can devote an Inner World entirely to their freedom and existence!. They can frollick freely and not harm anyone, except other abominations!

Can mundane forces interact with manifested Personas?

That's a way to look at it, yes.

With the caveat that it's not really possible to leave the something and jump into the infinite nothing.

Most excellent.

I'm sure the frollicking abominations will appreciate that.

So I can recreate the Nine Mountains and Nine Seas realm now?

One last thing because fuck it, I can't possibly make this worse.

Nine Inner Worlds, with groves and stuff. Now remember how many worlds it takes for the higher levels of Mantra.

You're fucking welcome.

Is there a dungeon crawl game with a summoner class that I can base my powers on for Generic Dungeon Crawl?

The only game that comes to mind is Dungeons of Dredmor and I'm still holding out we'll get a whole Jump for that.

Yeah but that's Muyo's dumb wank / early community's dumb bullshit.

Eh, that's cool, but we've had plenty of ways to get past that restriction by now.

That is the most horrifying picture of Bugs Bunny I have ever seen. Took me a good ten seconds to recognise him.

Welp, I know what my nightmares are going to consist of now.

>You're fucking welcome.
I am, thanks. Haven't looked seriously at Asura's Wrath jump in a while, nice combo, very neat and internalised.
No risk of some asshole invading your nice orderly world of praying worshippers and ruining your supply of mantra.
Now to find a way to get a mantra focus that doesn't cost me too much CP.

Huh, cool. And you'd want people praying in there anyway, since having a cult gives Infernals some benefits (mostly in Cecelyne charms, but also without those).

I wonder if they would stack.

If one person prays to you, do they count as both providing Mantra and acting as a member of your Cult providing the benefits that Cult does?

I would assume they stack, since they are offering different things anyway due to the different mechanics of both settings.
God that Mote/Willpower Regen combined with Mantra, it will be crazy and awesome.

What are the best magic resistance/immunity perks?

Even aside from offering different things, I'd think they would stack. Since Mantra seems to be mostly about the emotion/intent, while the benefit of Cult is more about the prayers/worship itself.

Empty Night from Dresden Files and Twilight Imperium from Negima, for immunity. Not sure if we have more.

For resistance, we have a whole bunch more. But the only thing I can think of off the top of my head is Magic Resistance from Fate/ for Servants.

Give me a jump to go to. Nothing too high powered, starting a chain.

From Dust.

Nichijou.

Harry Potter

Mahou Sensei Negima: Gift Of The Twilight Imperium.
Vampire Diaries: Magic Resistance.
Dresden Files: Empty Night.

The Kingsman.

Infinicon.

Batman, Nolan Trilogy.

Exalted: Dragonblood

Just dick around (literally) as one of the Princes of the Earth, and keep your head down when the shit hits the fan (if it does) or have some easy fun trampling mortals in your warstrider.

Tales of Maj'Eyal
Elona
Stone Soup
Heck, the Summoner D&D class.

Jump # 32 Fate/Stay Night
Jump # 17 Fate/Stay night (redux)
Name: Raven Aozaki
Starting location: Tohsaka Manor
Background: Magus Heir (100)

Perks:
* command seals (0)
*Magic circuits (0)
*Stat Sheet (0)
*Basic Training (0)
*Stronger Servant (100)
*Good People have good sleep (100)
*Well rounded (Wo)man (100, Discount)
*the family art (200, Discount) Runes?
*We can make it work (400)
*Average one (300, Discount)
*Mythic Visage (400)

Equipment:
*A special ruby (0)

Drawbacks:
*Nasuspeak (+100)
*JUMPER (+600)

Companion:

Caster Class (275)
Identity – Tamamo No Mae
*Strength: E
*Endurence: E
*Agility: B (50)
*Mana: A++ (100)
*Luck: B
Class Skills:
*Territory Creation: C (50)
*Item Creation: C (50)
Personal Skills
*WitchCraft: Ex (250)
*Shapeshift: A+ (250)
*Divinity: A (250)
*Golden Rule (Body): E
Noble Phantasm:
Eightfold Blessings of Amaterasu: D (-25)
Drawbacks:
*Does not feel like using This Skill – Shapeshifting (+100)
*Does not feel like using this skill – Witchcraft (+100)

Things went a little long so my rambling is here pastebin.com/ZdJd8F44 if anyone cares.

Do we have any perks that prevent non-magical regeneration and healing from repairing the wounds you inflict? I'm sure there must be. I know we have a few for blocking magical healing, but I want to pair them for some really nasty hits.

oops lol well I did alter a previous build. It really is jump # 32. I liked the build so I didn't change much.

Not him but how annoyed would the Dragonblood families be if a jumper were to just dick around for ten years (literally and figuratively)?

>Tales of Maj'Eyal

it's Terrain of Magical Expertise user.

Unless we somehow got the other TOME and I was unaware.

I wouldn't exactly call that not too high powered.

Though you're right in it being safe if you're not an idiot. You can literally just be a librarian if you want to (looking at you, Mnemon Tynalit Bera).

Not very. Be a Cynis, and your House would probably pat you on the back for it.

Here's the thing. Not all of us read the LN. Most of us never will. People like us are going to want to actually get some fucking info on the canon races we can be that we won't get if they were cut out of the jump like you want.

They honestly wouldn't care much.

A Dragonblood is expected (barring glorious death) to live at least 300 years - or even longer, given ready access to elixirs and such.

So as long as they think you will still do your duty and sire many children who Exalt, you could get away with a decade or so of debauchery.

>Shadow Realm jump in-progress
I thought the Shadow Realm was a generic plane of eternal torment?

If we win a duel in the Yugioh jump and send someone to the shadow realm, do we have to worry about them trying to take revenge when we do this jump?

Okay, second try at this.

I rewrote all the main perks with the extra space provided, redid the intro to include some key terminology, axed What Should Not Have Been and replaced it with two different perks and changed the wording of Interference Pattern and First Soul.

Is this an improvement?

Also I realized that I still had my head in homebrew land and changed from the weird edition thing to a normal version system like everyone else.

Im avoiding settings that we have proper Jumps for so Elona and DnD are out.

Tales of the Maj'Eyal and Stone Soup sound cool though, thank you

Catastrophe, The Gamer, Mob Psycho 100

nevermind I just saw the context. I'm an idiot. Sorry user.

Looks good to me, though then again I didn't have a problem with the first version.

>do we have to worry about them trying to take revenge when we do this jump?
Well, Kaiba's dark side found a way to escape (with pegasus' help?), so maybe?

Hypothetically, if I wanted to make competitive dungeon crawling a thing, how would I go about doing that?

I'm sure there's an angband clone out there that has functional summoning.

>literally
You're making more potential dragonblooded, they would approve.

I haven't either, all of my complaints are based on information I found in the first three chapters and what the jumpmaker has said about the setting.

There is no reason that information wouldn't be included even if you were to make your "game character" during the jump.

Dungeon-crawling is already a competitive thing. All it takes is more than one adventurer.

I dont understand what you mean by 'competitive'.

Do you mean like a Jump were you have a dungeon crawl but with competing adventurers? That could be cool, but I don't know if thats what you mean.

Get the Dungeon from Generic Dungeon Builder and the 300 CP perk that makes people wanna join the fun. Then get the perk from Street Fighter for setting up tournaments (preferably with the Capstone Booster).

Even if competitive dungeon crawling isn't a valid target for the tournament making thing to begin with, holding a tournament deep in your dungeon will probably get people to like the idea enough for it to be.

As in an actual sport. Think NFL but with dungeons and wizards.

It's possible to get very very high levels of spell resistance in D&D.
Converting non D&D magicians into caster levels is a bit of a pain, but when you have over 40 anything capable of beating your resistance is someone you really shouldn't be fighting anyways.

Scrying spells set up throughout the dungeon.
Team sponsors.
Advertising.
Done.

Not necessarily, since that /is/ supposed to be something for marriage.

But as long as they quietly support their bastards with their family stipend, no awkward questions will be raised.

Hell, if you took the Legendary Breeding perk, they'd cheer you on from the sidelines, fetching chilled wines, rejuvenating elixirs and fresh concubines.

Marriage is for making more pure-blooded Dragonblooded, with better Breeding and stronger.
Dicking around with concubines is for making more numbers. The houses encourage both.

Is there some way to create artificial prayer generators? To reap the rewards of worship without having actual sentient beings worshipping you. Because I'm uncomfortable with that.

No. Your actions don't carry over between jumps in the same setting barring continuity drawbacks.

Technically that's what Humans in Exalted ARE. They were created to be prayer generators.

My jumper doesn't have a dick, though. What's gonna happen then?

Oh and also, you have 9 entire planes worth of MtG mana. Learn to fully channel that and you could smack down even Oldwalkers or weave together extremely epic spells.

>Without actual sentient beings worshipping you
Justice is blind, oh the irony.

Storm Hawks universal converters. Assuming the prayer is some kind of power at least. For things like Mantra it's good if inefficient and difficult.
Just rig one up to an orgel or something that generates a fuckton of energy ex nhilo. That should get you all the prayer you need.

Yeah but they're sapient, living things. I don't want to be worshipped by them.

I was ignoring that part because I have no answer, I was sharing what I consider to be an interesting fact that was relevant. Or did I have to greentext the specific part I was replying to to get that across?

Yeah, but I was actually thinking more in an abstract sense. Could you analyze prayer and worship, then create some enchanted hypertech to broadcast it like radio waves?

Unless you buy Legendary Breeding I don't think there are any pure dragonblooded.

What is the name of the charm that gives a Dragonblooded access to the other elements?

You can make them MORE pure-blooded was my point. It takes time, and extensive breeding programs, but it can be done.

Legendary Breeding is a mutation. It's not actually a natural part of being a dragonblooded. Normal "pure" dragonbloods are at five dots.
Not like Dragonblooded houses actually know how breeding works. They already fucked themselves over. Scrabling for higher breeding is just damage control.

If you have some way of duplicating items, you could go to Neptunia, pick up Sharecite manipulation, create some Sharecite from your friends/companions believing in you, then use whatever duplication method you have to make more.

Making rediculously advanced robots with the definitive features that allow for prayer to matter might do it. I mean you can android jedi with the right perks in one of the Star Wars jumps. Maybe try using that as a base.
At that point they're very close to being sapient, but since you can still programed to do whatever it might not count for you.

Other than that I guess you could maybe generate worship out nowhere with the first magic in Fate.
That's going to be weird as hell, but I could see it being possible.

As long as you're unwed, probably. But for married dynasts, bastards are not tolerated.

...Welcome to the Immaculate Order?

If you're not an eunuch, and instead a woman, then... the exact same thing? If anything, the Realm is matriachal.

Except you'd have more difficulty hiding a bastard child, so invest in contraceptives. They're not hard to get.

There's still a relative purity of blood though.

Legendary Breeding is the original purity of blood the Dragon-Blooded had /before/ mixing their blood with mortals.

But yeah, they suck at eugenics.

>See a car crash driving home, make note to work on Titanic jump

Added "No Jumper, YOU are the Iceberg" drawback and some other stuff listed in notes. Still haven't decide on Drop-In perks yet, considering charisma and maybe willpower based.

Yes? That's half the point of Mantra-tech. Collecting and transmitting prayer energy.

Technically 5 isn't even pure, hell 6 dots isn't pure. In the "1st age" rules you can buy 6 dots of Breeding, and you're still not as high of breeding as the original 10,000.

Fallen London Jump 092:
CP: 1000
Drawbacks:
Rats! Rats in your Warehouse [+50]
The Starveling Cat, The Starveling Cat [+50]
Unusual Appetites (Skin of Trees, Blood of Stone) [+100]
Hail Britannia! [+200]
Walk Like a Second Citizen [+200]
Asking Mr. Eaten [+000]
Finding Mr. Eaten [+000]
Waiting for Mr. Eaten [+000]
Peckish for Mr. Eaten [+000]
Pursuing Mr. Eaten [+000]
Trailing Mr. Eaten [+000]
Never Shall the Two Meet [Mandatory]
Background: Scholar [Free]
Qualities:
Dangerous Levels: Paperweight [Free]
Watchful Levels: Great Mind [-250]
Persuasive Levels: Artful [-100]
Shadowy Level: Honest [Free]
Ambitious: An Ambition of Truth
Dreams: Of Water
Jobs & Abilities:
Master Detective – J’accuse [-150]
Master Academic – Eureka! [-250]
Items & Objects:
A Thing About Names [Free]
Timekeepers Candle [Free]
Mirror Polished Shoes [Free]
Premium Goods:
Home Comforts & Additions:
Fossilized Mirror [-400]
Prismatic Laboratory [Free]
Arcanist Library [Free]
Infusions:
Connections:
The Collages [Free]
The Constables [Free]
The Great Game [-50]
A Sudden Wash of Daylight: Correspondence Course [-200]

Fellow Boarders [300]
Ranma (Rouge) [300]
Shadowy Levels: Plutonic Lord [-250]
Common Bowler Hat [Free]

Misaka (Charmer) [300]
Persuasive Levels: For All the Seasons [-250]
Bag of Fresh Peppermints [Free]

My Symbiote (Arrival) [300]
Dangerous Levels: Blood and Bone [-250]
Brass Knuckles [Free]

Dear me that took forever.

Actually, Legendary Breeding is exactly as pure as the original 10,000.

To wit:
>You are one of the tiny handful of Terrestrials whose blood is completely unsullied. None of your ancestors ever saw fit to dally with mortals, demons, petty gods, or any other beings beyond the mandate of the Elemental Dragons. Your blood is as pure as that of the first generation of Dragon-Blooded, and were you to have children with another character possessing Legendary Breeding, their Terrestrial Exaltation would be guaranteed.

Speaking of worship, I just thought of something:

>Climbing the Ranks (Shadow of Mordor)
>Always An Ending (Sidereals)
>Kill the God-Emperor
Boom, the entire Imperium won't collapse from you finishing off Emps, you're now worshipped by trillions of beings, have absolute authority over them, and a personal fanatical cult of murder nuns who love you completely.

I will grow up to be the very best Iceberg I can be, BELIEVE IT!

I was talking about dots in the background, Legendary Breeding is a trait you can take.

>worship out nowhere with the first magic in Fate
I... had not considered that. And then I might be able to use one of the perks from the various jumps to create a technological imitation of that. Huh. Thanks, user.

Well, in some places/settings it's basically just an exchange of services. Reverence is nice, but respect suffices.

The Divinity ensures the safe and prosperous application of natural law, in exchange for the prayer that supports its heavenly lifestyle.

Outright creating them to worship you is a bit... iffy, I agree. But swooping in and solving all their problems in exchange for a few moments of meditation isn't so bad.

Is it wrong that seeing a jump of this makes me feel skeezy? Yeah it was decades ago, but people died.

Oh my I forgot my dumb writefagging: pastebin.com/5Dy0LFxQ

It would only be included if he had to be a giant, unnatural, and unwieldy 'note' section. Notes shouldn't contain vital info.

>the entire Imperium won't collapse from you finishing off Emps,
No, you're right, The entire galaxy will. It's not just because of his existence that the Imperium doesn't collapse, he's also /actively/ holding off the Chaos Gods. I don't think Always an Ending would prevent the imminent Chaos Incursion any more than it'd keep a weightlifter's weight from falling if you killed them.

So then eat him with Greed and create a clone of yourself to fight them off and do his duties.

People die a lot in history.
It really shouldn't make you feel any worse than platoon being a jump.

>keep a weightlifter's weight from falling if you killed them.

... Shit. Now I want a way to do that. Do we have a way to do that? Other than hold it up with TK, I guess?

...I'm afraid you're confused then.

Lords of Creation has "Legendary Backgrounds", which are "Essentially a sixth dot in the relevant Background".

I was literally quoting that 6th dot. You're thinking of the Merit version somewhere?

>Xamd Lost Memories

A Mother's Right seems good. I thought Lady Tenjo was too cheap but since you have to pick up Gibashiri as well that seems fine.
Are you going to put in any companion options or just skip that mess entirely?

Yeah, but I mean I don't like that either. I don't want people to think of me as a god. Weird, I know, but I just don't like the idea of it. Hell, I tend to try and make people self-sufficient without gods whenever I can just because I don't like the idea.