Anyone know what the D&D show with Wesley Crusher is called?

Anyone know what the D&D show with Wesley Crusher is called?

Also, does it suck?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pHckKckhBYc
youtube.com/watch?v=JhrD5SVo3OU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Wesley Crusher
Learn Shit.

>Also, does it suck?
Yes.

You'd think using google would be faster than making a thread.

>does it suck?
Of course it does, what a stupid fucking question.

lmao

I unfollowed him on Twitter so long ago and that image reminded me why

He's appointed himself king of all things nerd on the grounds of his stellar career in Star Trek and his brief appearances on the nerd blackface show.

Now he white knights and acts as the male apologist on a youtube channel.

youtube.com/watch?v=pHckKckhBYc

Also pic relate. He has a picture of himself as Jesus on the wall.

why did you bump this

Because I habitually use the catalogue rather than 1st page viewing and I had a number of tabs open at the same, had a brain fart moment and forgot where this was in the list.

Also It's a topic so very worthy of discussion and promises much intellectual stimulation in the manner of vid related.

youtube.com/watch?v=JhrD5SVo3OU

>Mansplain Star Wars
It goes in all categories, but I have never in my entire life heard someone use the word 'mansplain' in person. That sounds like someone saying a woman is hysteric in the old sense of the word to describe why she's angry.

>You'd think using google would be faster than making a thread.
Why would you think that OP made this thread to learn the name of a web show?

I made it 58 seconds

I did enjoy his performance in Eureka though... Where he got cucked by the hapless dork of the series because the girl realized Wil Wheaton's character was a prick.

for awhile he was on acquisitions incorporated I think.

If I were a lady gamer, I'd have punched Wil in the throat after the 5th Clever Joke he made about Dracula & Mina Harker's past relationship during Fury of Dracula.

For an internet nice guy, Wil sure tends to go into That Guy territory a lot, especially when he's GMing or the bad guy in an asymmetric game.

I thought he hanged himself after his scenes in Heart's War, were cut.

Now that I know he's alive, I don't know what to feel.

Wil is the biggest That Guy I know of the tabletop video series industry.

>I thought he hanged himself

Do you think we can get a petition going?

Is there anything good about him? Is hatred for him an exaggeration on Veeky Forums, or is he really ?

All I know is that he played a bad character in Star Trek.

>Is there anything good about him? Is hatred for him an exaggeration on Veeky Forums, or is he really ?
>
>All I know is that he played a bad character in Star Trek.
he's annoying and very mediocre at best

>male apologist

That's not what apologist means.

>nerd blackface show.
Please drink bleach.

Tell me it isn't.

It's not because that isn't a thing. You sound like a hypersensitive tumblrina. So what if you mean TBBT, right? is mindless trite garbage pushed by a lowly broadcast network? I treat it like the other 90% of TV shows I don't like and don't watch it. I don't dwell on it and hate anyone who ever dared appear on it.

Unsurprising for a narcissist though

I feel bad because his tabletop show got me into board games but now I can't stand watching them anymore. I don't know how I found them enjoyable

I didn't think it was a thing until some cunt flap joined a game I was playing with some friends and literally acted like felicia day in that show. Roleplaying a character in a boardgame in order to make sub-optimal choices because "lel so funny and random"

Kill yourself.

I'm confused as to how this means bitching about "nerd blackface" isn't a concept lifted wholesale straight up from the worst of tumblr. What, did they appropriate nerd culture? Is the show a microaggression?

You kys you're self.

So you played with a shitty person. Either tell them what they're doing is annoying or don't play with her, like emotionally secure people do.

Yeah I don't really care about the show either. It's garbage, but it's lame lolnerd jokes are probably the least offensive thing about it.

I'm kind of in the same boat with Wheaton, Day, and whatever livestreamed tabletop show or whatever. I know Veeky Forums has a knee-jerk reaction to that stuff because they think it encourages bad behaviors in normies trying to get into the scene but I've had zero experience with this. My players are as casual as you can get and I think I'm the only one there who knows who any of these people are.

>Implying I didn't beat her to death with my TI3 box.
pleb pls

I won't deny there are at least SOME unquantifiable amount of people who get into 'nerd' hobbies due to pop-geek-culture and, not knowing much about it, they make an ass of themselves or have badwrongfun with other nu-nerds or whatever Veeky Forums is panicking about this week.

I just think that's natural and not some kind of special or unusual circumstance. Go start a "what was your first character like" thread if you need a reminder that most elegan/tg/entlemen were at one point cringey, edgy, meme-spouting retards trying "D&D" for the first time.

Wil Wheaton comes off as incredibly smug and it's annoying as hell, but you can be friends with and care about a woman without dating her.

BLASPHEMER!

There's a difference though. Our cringe stuff was abnormal and in the end it was corrected for, in no small part because we had good examples around us. However the more high-profile that the casuals and fake nerds are, the more people will think that's the norm, and there will be less corrective pressure. If it's allowed to continue unopposed then eventually the memeshits and edgelords and That Guys will be the majority, and decent players will be constantly derided with "lol @ autist, why can't you just have le fun like us?"

If their behavior really is that game-wrecking and ultimately unfun they'll naturally either leave or stop.

If it isn't, then your real problem is you're one of those people whining that their fun isn't legitimate because it's not like your fun.

There isn't any difference, most of that was immaturity, and everybody grows up eventually.
Besides, that shit never stopped appearing and will never stop happening.

Yeah, if you're 9 or gay.

>fake nerds
Oh boy, this'll be great.

It must be kind of scary, to realise you've got an audience of SJWs and doing anything to piss them off will ruin you.

So you just have to keep pandering to them, for your own safety.

>If their behavior really is that game-wrecking and ultimately unfun they'll naturally either leave or stop.

You cannot prove this assertion. In opposition to your optimistic claim stands every underground and mainstream subculture that got mainstreamed into worthlessness.

>If it isn't, then your real problem is you're one of those people whining that their fun isn't legitimate because it's not like your fun.

You can play the relativism card, but the instant you do you undermine your first argument. Your second argument also ends up nowhere, because now you become the guy whining that you're not enjoying the guy whining about something he doesn't enjoy.

I, of course, don't have that problem because I have standards.

I was gonna ask why don't I ever hear about her contributions outside of her small group of friends, but then I remembered she's a woman and thus, naturally, all her contributions are automatically appropriated by the patriarchy.

Have you ever considered that identity politics are annoying even when people who are ostensibly like us do it?

You're not the arbiter of nerd culture. You don't get to choose who is or isn't a legitimate nerd. That's fucking stupid. You are employing the EXACT same logic SJWs on Tumblr do when they whinge about "cultural appropriation" every time some white girl wears a kimono.

I realize it doesn't seem like it to foreveralone virgins, but it's not healthy to feel the need to dick every woman. You can actually be around them without constantly adjusting your pants. You just have to be able to think about things other than sex. Which I admit is easier if you're getting some.

I'm talking on a micro scale because I'm not a tribalistic insecure child who sees "nerd culture" as some kind of sekret club that's under attack.

I'm saying for all the "casuals" and "fake nerds" (why not just go full Holden and call them phonies?) their actions are either one of two things:
>Disruptive and ruinous to the flow and fun of a game
>Not disruptive and ruinous to the flow and fun of a game

If it's A, then they'll naturally either stop or leave because their actions are disrupting and ruining the game

If it's B, then the real problem is you.

>So you just have to keep pandering to them, for your own safety.

This is basically how all SJWs are. To break step with orthodoxy is to invite ostracism: barred from their meetings, snubbed and abused on social media, derided as a fascist, and only allowed back in on the lowest rung after an abject, grovelling apology. The only direction for new arguments on the illiberal progressive left is to make ever more extravagant, confected claims about oppression. That's why we keep seeing crazier and crazier shit like curry being denounced as culturally-approriated cuisine, and openly disagreeing with someone in public being labelled as a microaggression.

>it got mainstreamed!
Are you literally saying that the worth of something is directly related to how popular it is?

If so, I suspect you're just a fucking hipster who's upset because "casuals" are enjoying your secret hobby.

>flow and fun of a game

Wow, sure is lucky we've got that relativism to say this doesn't mean anything!

Seriously user, you're all over the place here. You can't invoke things like 'fun' and 'flow' unless you're prepared to nail those things down as absolute, or at least objective, qualities.

This is not that hard to figure out. I can explain it to you, but I cannot understand it for you.

>t. cuck

Sure, you can be friendly with a woman. I've worked in jobs where there's mostly women, I've even played in a group where I and the GM were the only dudes, and I knew more than a few women in my hobby circles. All without devolving into a grunting semen dispenser. But, on average, you'll never get a man and a woman to be similar friends as a woman and woman or man and man.

>bike chain

To hit Nazis with...?

To bling yer fixie with, I believe. Though recently various electric monowheels have been gaining in popularity.

hipsters like fixed gear bikes

Over on /k/, and at my local gun store, you hear a lot of derision towards younger shooters who got into guns because of video games. Much like /v/ you hear them denounced as Call of Duty kids. They bitch that video game kids don't appreciate guns the same way 'real' shooter sod, that they don't hunt or shoot in competitions.

I never really thought that made sense. To be honest, while maybe they want some dumb meme guns like an ACR because call of duty made it look cool, I'd still rather a new generation get into a sport and hobby I enjoy than be out there demanding "common sense" gun laws or some shit.

>Also, does it suck?
Yeah, it does. Pretty inoffensive though; just the usual stick of d-list celebs trying to present tabletop as hip while being political correct.

Got some decent business for my LGS though;
Lots of normies buying starter sets, then getting bored of it after two sessions and trying to return the stuff.

Ended up buying a hardly used 5th edition for ten bucks off a guy.

Are they being a bunch of hipster douches who drop stupid gun memes and claim to be a king of guns?

If I'm "all over the place" it's because I'm following your retarded logic. I have standards too, but I apply them to my own life, not everybody's. I don't really get the point of being mad that people I don't know or care about are playing a game in a way I wouldn't play it.

I'm attempting to decipher whatever ass-backwards logic you use to justify panicking about it.

Clearly, you think phonies enjoying things has a deleterious effect on your enjoyment of these things. The only reasons you seem to give as to why smell like bullshit hipster secret-club "I liked it before it was popular" nonsense.

Which is why everyone is making fun of you.

Maybe it's different for me since I'm bi, since I've had to deal with (at least the potential for) attraction to men and women and kind of just get over it.

Well, I'm a hunter and I don't really get people collecting guns because they're "cool".

Also, assuming you life in the US, no fucking shit you need some better gun laws.

More like a bunch of vidya kids who drop absurd amounts of money on overpriced rifles because a popular FPS had it, leaving dumb gun owners to bitch about market inflation when a previously obscure rifle suddenly sells for thousands and leaving smart gun owners to continue to buy perfectly good or even outstanding firearms that don't sell well because they didn't get a product placement deal with Activision.

But better gun laws aren't really an option for us.

Liberals get their panties in a twist over the stupidest fucking bullshit. They expend their time banning functionally identical guns because they're "military style" (read: "scary looking") or pursue retarded policies that don't work like arbitrary waiting periods which have never, ever, ever been proven to have a causal link to any kind of crime rate or suicide rate. Just the other day the Democrat governor of Virginia vetoed a bill that would've extended carry rights to domestic abuse victims who received a court protective order after a string of incidents where people were murdered while waiting for a permit to get approved - proving Democrats would literally protect domestic abusers if it means taking a petty pointless shot at gun owners. Last year Hillary ran on a platform of allowing people to sue gun manufacturers if their lawfully sold products are used in crime even without any negligence on the part of the manufacturer, much like how you can sue Ford if a drunk driver hits you.

Unfortunately the options in the United States are "Retarded gun laws" or "Permissive gun laws." I prefer the latter.

>y-y-y-you're too stupid to understand my totally not nonsensical arguments

Transparent damage control.

No, you're all over the place because you can't make a coherent argument. You argue one moment that lolsorandumb, memeshit and That Guyism is all just another kind of fun, but then start yapping on with "flow and fun" as concrete qualities that your argument hinges on.

You are not a smart person, user. You're just a blowhard, and it's why you're getting mad.

Still waiting on that definition of what counts as 'flow' and 'fun' btw, sweetie. Either you have one or you don't. If you do then your relativism argument collapses. If you don't then your optimistic claim collapses. Good luck with that.

>inb4 you pull your totally-not-conceding-gracelessly exit strategy

I'm saying that when things get mainstreamed they inevitably get dumbed down, or have anything controversial smoothed out, or both. It's thought-stifling shit.

If you're fine with that - and judging by your shitpost, you probably are, then all I can say is "Stay pleb, casual".

I don't really get it either, much like I don't get giggling over spouting the same memes over and over again and calling it tabletop gaming.

Doesn't mean I try to stop anyone from doing it or bitch about it on Veeky Forums because some people do something I wouldn't do.

>Also, assuming you life in the US, no fucking shit you need some better gun laws
Fuck no.

ignore, and maybe he'll leave

Okay, let's take it slow and maybe you'll get it this time.

Fun being some kind of objective metric is what YOUR argument depends on. Otherwise, as more than one person has attempted to explain to you, you're bitching because other people are having fun you don't like, which makes you a worthless hipster.

So, assuming for the sake of this discussion that fun is some kind of objective and quantifiable metric even though that's patently retarded, it stands to reason that anyone doing actions that objectively reduce the fun of a hobby would naturally either leave or self-correct as a result of their own actions.

In which case, your bitching about it is retarded.

>Also, assuming you life in the US, no fucking shit you need some better gun laws.
Kill yourself, commie.

our gun crime problem is pretty much 90% a drug law problem, not a gun law problem

The best part is when these people are exiled and non- or anti-sjw types try to comfort them and explain how this is what happens to everyone that breaks lockstep, the exile is disgusted and horrified and wants nothing to do with the "gross, icky bad people"

It's that episode of South Park all over again.

Europoor here, US might have freedom bordering on irresponsibility but I'll happily take that over what our overlords are brewing. Hell, man had a court standing over a damn slingshot.

>commie
Presumably communists would oppose strengthening the state (which protects the bourgeois monopoly over capital) relative to the proletariat by weakening the latter.

>bi

Like I said...

>Unfortunately the options in the United States are "Retarded gun laws" or "Permissive gun laws." I prefer the latter.
That's because your retarded black and white approach to absolutely every fucking thing under the sun.

And don't act like the fucking rethoric used by the Republicans or NRA is one iota better than the Democrat's.

If people somehow feel the need to own a fucking assault rifle, fine, but don't act like there isn't a fucking truckload worth of corpses because people who have no business owning a firearm because you can buy the things at fucking Walmart.

>communists would oppose strengthening the state
>every communist regime is a dictatorial state running people's lives

Or is this one of those never tried theory-communisms?

>I'm saying that when things get mainstreamed they inevitably get dumbed down, or have anything controversial smoothed out, or both. It's thought-stifling shit.
But they don't. Look, 90% of everything is shit. When something goes from obscure to popular, that 90% grows a lot more.

For an example, the Marvel movie series has been cursed as a disaster for comic and graphic novel fans. It's led to an explosion of lame, formulaic mass-market shit. But cutting out all the shit, in hard numerical terms, there have been more good and high quality graphic novels produced as a result of the explosion of interest, even if the ratio of good to shit is still 9:1.

Likewise, in RPGs, they've fained in popularity a lot recently and among with the "casual" shit has been a lot more interesting and experimental examples of RPG design. And I can always just not play with the "casuals."

Stay phony, Holden.

Right, because you need a vagina to play an annoying character, and unless you're minimaxing you're playing the game wrong.

How does it feel to embody the most pathetic neckbeard stereotypes imaginable?

There's a "truckload worth of corpses" because of reasons far more complex than that. Right here in the US there are plenty of heavily armed communities that do not produce corpses by the truckload, and cities like Chicago and Detroit that have very restrictive gun laws and yet do produce corpses by the truckload.

And a slong as the Republicans and the NRA don't want to disarm me because "no one NEEDS a scary looking assault weapon" I'll insist their rhetoric is, at least, one iota better than the Democrat's.

>communists oppose a strong state

He means pre-control commies.
Revolutionaries.

Marx supported gun ownership because he felt the working class would one day inevitably use guns to rise up and seize the means of production.

It doesn't quite work like that because Marx was retarded, but I see where you're getting that from.

to add to your argument, as a die-hard transformers fan, the Bay movies are the bane of my existence. HOWEVER, the revenue they generated for hasbro led to great toy releases. Now I'm chillin with some sweet ass combiners that wouldn't have existed otherwise.

>I don't really get people collecting guns because they're "cool".

Do you get people collecting cars, clocks, swords, etc.? Because how is that different? Is owning a lot of cars the mark that you're a no-good street racer just moments away from plowing into pedestrians? Is owning a ton of swords indicative that you're about to take back Jerusalem? Is owning tons of clocks the mark that you're about the break causality and do time-crime? So what's the implication with owning a lot of guns?

Hmm, I just think it isn't a big deal either way

>fake nerds

The word nerd originated as an insult attacking autistic people. If you weren't bullied as a kid you're not a nerd. If you appropriate the word nerd and you're not a nerd then you're being ableist for real.

I'm not even arguing about communism in theory vs. Marxist-Leninist dictatorships (though to be fair, Lenin is the one who came up with the whole "we create equality by making the state INTO the bourgeoisie, and eternally putting off the whole "giving control to the workers" thing). I'm saying that communists wouldn't want to strengthen the CURRENT state.

"True" communism (and the "True" is the same true as in "no true Scotsman") is anarchistic. On paper, in theory, communist governments were always intended to be a necessary middle step in order to force out the power of the bourgeoisie.

Yes, communism is retarded, but that is the idea, and you could thus argue communists oppose a strong state in the long run. The fact that that long run is impossible and can't actually happen is, well, again, communists are retarded.

>If so, I suspect you're just a fucking hipster who's upset because "casuals" are enjoying your secret hobby
This right here is the crux of every "I hate normies/roasties" thread on Veeky Forums. Neckbeard apologists who unironically think the hobby is better off when social retards dominate it are the worst.

>I'm saying that when things get mainstreamed they inevitably get dumbed down, or have anything controversial smoothed out, or both. It's thought-stifling shit.

This is a garbage opinion in general but it's doubly stupid in a hobby built entirely around players having full creative control. Some Forgotten Realms splatbook with a paragraph about how trannies are a-okay in games means jack diddly considering you as the GM can just veto that.

Cars are for driving, and clocks are for telling time.
I grant you the sword comparison, since it is also a weapon for killing.

>because it's black and has a larger magazine it's an assault rifle

I didn't even think this was about a women until you brought it up. Got some repressed issues with the feminine sex you wanna bring up, user?

>Marx supported gun ownership because he felt the working class would one day inevitably use guns to rise up and seize the means of production.

Ironic that marx and jefferson were so ignorant about how masses of people with guns will behave.

>and cities like Chicago and Detroit that have very restrictive gun laws and yet do produce corpses by the truckload.
And how many of those guns were legally purchased within these restrictive laws, as opposed to bought one state over?

Eh, they were a pain in the ass to reload.

Seems you have some insecurities my friend.

I really don't expect non-americans to know what an assault rifle is and don't bother explaining it to them unless they ask. I know what they mean, they mean semi-automatic military-style rifles like AR15s and semiauto AKs, and they likely have heard the objection before but don't understand it or what the differenceis.

>previous guy is specifically referring to women

>"WHOA - who made this about women?"

You have some reading comprehension problems I see? Or is it some other kind of brain damage?

>"True" communism ... is anarchistic.
It is, first and foremost, utopistic.

Most are stolen, obtained via criminal contacts, or purchased legally from friends/family/etc with a clean record. For all the democrat narratives on how chicago's failed gun control laws need to be applied to other states against those other states' will, they've never actually quite proven that there's an epidemic of guns being smuggled in from permissive states which causes gun crime in chicago (and yet, strangely, doesn't cause gun crime in these states where these guns are apparently overflowing from)

Who was that politician (British, I think) who said that if you buy a gun, you've already made the decision to commit murder.

Where I live, under the law, I can only have a license for pepper spray for self-defence. I cannot get a license for a firearm for the purpose of protecting myself, even if I live in the shittiest, most crime ridden part of the country. I can't carry a firearm or even have it in my vehicle, unless it's in a carrying case and unloaded. When one dude got his house broken into by a group of people armed with at least a knife and a gun, and he grabbed a gun he owned to drive them off (don't think he even fired a shot, just made it clear to them that he was packing), he got charged with excessive use of force.

Are you actually that retarded?
The rest of the world is more informed than you might think. Many counties have fucking conscription you arrogant yankee blowhard.

>Being insane.
Woman were never mentioned in the initial post.