Anvilus-pattern backpacks on loyal Legionnaires – yes or no?

Anvilus-pattern backpacks on loyal Legionnaires – yes or no?

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Legion-MKIV-Destroyer-Squad
ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-40k-Forgeworld-LEGION-MK-IV-DESTROYER-SQUAD-WITH-JUMP-PACKS-Head-Bits-/122407591398
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no

Yes

no they suck, fw never made his version of theese backpack and also if there is an artwork they are not canon

Yes, there's nothing inherently Traitor about the design.

I saw a mechanical uterus. What have you done to me, Veeky Forums?

>shows picture of traitor.
>'nothing inherently Traitor about the design.'
Insert laughing SoB picture here.

Only on loyalist scavanger marines. And even then its dangerously close to heresy.

Their very existance is canon. Wake the fuck up moron.

Before they were traitors. Are people *actually* this stupid?

Marneus and Logan G both have weapons that once belonged to champions of Khorne.

Only on the more hobo or scrappy legions. So not on something like Ultramarines or Blood Angels or loyal EC.

See no problem here. These were designed for void fighting at the cost of decreased radiation shielding.

Question is...does the AdMech still have the STC for these? Apart of the Grey Hunters from ancient times of 3rd ED 40K where they appeared along with the Wulfen during the 13th BC and who had these backpacks scavanged from slayed Chaos Marines, no other loyalist Marines are using these.

Or are they so synonymous with Chaos Marines that loyalists refuse using them?

I feel like everything has somebody using or making it somewhere. Loyalists probably have a few fringe forgeworld still cranking the stuff out

Like that one super secret FW that supplies the Minotaurs with Errant MK.VIII Armours, Tartaros Armours and Contemptor Dreds the High Lords had...how long till Rowboat learns about this bullshit?

He might have to ask around, but I think if the Ad Mech could spread around a lot of this stuff, they would have.

The better hope is for Vulkan to come back and actually show then how to make new STCs or copy them or something

So far Vulkan is M.I.A....or simply Tranzyn is having him in his exhibition.

Also wondering what Cawl will cook up for the Imperials now that Guilliman told him to cut all the red tape on Mars and start to get shit done.

Anvilus is a loyal Forge World that was occupied by traitor forces. It was liberated around the same time the Mk.V Land Raider was released.

>Isstvan III
>no traitors

I think the first priority is to fix up logistics and actually make the things they need available. There are plenty of awesome things the Imperium already has, but are just limited in production compared to the demand.

Well Cawl is busy on Mars while Guilliman will do the rest. And since he's a statesman specialized in meritocratic empire-building, then there will be no problem with logistics.

Hell, apart of tactics, men and the proper tools it is logistics that also impact heavily on the war effort. And Guilliman has it covered. Now we wait for the other Primarchs and Daemon Primarchs by that extent. NEXT ONE IS FULGRIM IN ALL HIS SCALY GLORY. Him, or maybe someone else, though he was heavily hinted in a fluff-text as a unidentified Daemon Prince slaughtering Tempestus Scions left and right.

Yeah. I'd imagine they'd do a lot of stuff like bully the Blood Angels into sharing their overcharged engines, getting new forgeworld for popular Leman Russ variants, and generally making it easier for a chapter or regiment to get supplies.

Granted, this might backfire slightly, since it'll also make it somewhat easier for Chaos to raid and steal things, but its still a good thing to fix

Yeah. Especially the latter part.

Wait for when Chaos Marines will finally open themselves to accept those Razorbacks and get those other variants of Imperial vehicles.

See , plenty of Legions were supplied by Anvilus before the Heresy broke out, the fact that it's more common among Traitor Legions is because Horus ensured they had the best equipment available before Isstvan.

Mortarion is the next daemon Primarch, moron.

Wait, what if it's Lorgar who's coming back? He hears about his old pal Guilliman getting into the game again, and decides that the Shadow Crusade ain't over.

Cue the Five Hundred worlds swamped by holy war and crozius'

This. Emperor's Children will probably be the last cult legion army to get their own release because they need to wait for Slaanesh to come back in AoS in order for GW to do another two month block of new releases.

They look shit on Traitors already desu. I wish they'd just go away.

They turned traitor, they were always tainted.

>yfw they can't actually produce those long-lost patterns
>the High Lords simply murder other chapters like the Celestial Lions and give their gear to the Minotaurs

All the faggots on eBay bought all the backpacks like the one in OP's image and left all the ones that have dumb obvious Chaos shit like arrows and Chaos trim on them.

I imagine the AdMech does have the STC for them but just doesn't use them either because they consider the newer marks better or because they don't want to be associated with the CSM because they still use them.

Post proof heretic.

Isn't he still meditating on Sicarus and acquiring the knowledge from the Dark Gods?

We need more info on that.

This is also a probability.

Well at least that's a good thing.

So, what, they all changed their back packs when they went evil? They had different ones one second before that?
I maintain that you are a retard.

Yeah, and they're both fucking heretics for doing so.

Have you read the text with that picture?

Quite clear he has not, otherwise he might have to consider himself a retard.

yes. but sparingly
like, one

Not ten Mk.IV Legion Destroyers on foot?

It would fit with the "these guys are pariahs hated by everyone else in the legion" thing.

I think it looks pretty sharp.

Where do you get the helmets?

forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Legion-MKIV-Destroyer-Squad

Alternatively:
ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-40k-Forgeworld-LEGION-MK-IV-DESTROYER-SQUAD-WITH-JUMP-PACKS-Head-Bits-/122407591398

>So, what, they all changed their back packs when they went evil?

This is the sort of thing that makes me laugh. FW is trying to do all these retcons or explanations but fails to account for simple shit like this. Or for example why Abaddon is in Indomitus but he was in Cataphractii for 30k.

>Nothing inherently traitor about the design
>posts pic of traitor

What do you guys think about putting a single one of these backpacks in a loyal 40k chapter?

>"loyal"

As models are updated, they'll more accurately reflect the distribution of tech at the time of the Heresy. Post-Heresy Thousand Sons have already been updated with Maximus and Tartaros armor, Death Guard will be getting corrupted Iron Armor next month and the one Terminator we've seen seems to be wearing scraps of Cataphractii and Indomitus armor.

And besides, it's been ten thousand years since the Heresy; even among veterans of the long war, not every piece of hardware is original issue.

Thousand Sons backpacks aren't straight up corrupted Maximus backpacks, though. In addition to having the Anvilus-style extended vents, they've got a second, smaller pair of vents below that. Part of Cypher's backpack is sort of similar.

I don't know jack all about Cypher's backpack, but the Thousand Sons' is specifically a callback to the old Rogue Trader era Chaos Space Marine backpack.

I think there was limited armour production on Caliban during Luther's rule. Considering he cut communication off planet and still was able to equip and expand the Fallen.

Is that a fucking grenade launcher with a bolter attached?

Yes if you clip the spikes off and it's for Horus Heresy.

>i'm going to go with a no on that one
it simply is a pattern that is super old and wouldn't be used. A whole aspect of Chaos Marines is that they use older, obsolete, or more powerful equipment.

I do like the look, but I'm pretty sure loyalists would distance themselves away from using anything that might get them accidentally shot because of their profile. Every chaos marine uses that type of back pack and I think its the only pattern the Dark Admech even makes anymore.

No, it's a rad missile launcher.

Loyalists distance themselves from Mk V due to the Heresy too. But would chapters that use a lot of old gear, and even lots of Mk V, such as Carcharodons and Executioners, use the CSM backpack?

Pretty sure MkV doesn't get much play because it was a shitty wartime suit only made to meet the demand for more suits. After the war better resources were available and there was no need for the MkV. So new ones weren't really being made and ones that existed were probably mostly relics or exceptionally good examples that were still worthy of use. It's noteworthy that the GW Master of Relics wears a suit of MkV armour.

It's a superior pattern for long duration deployment, since it has more power cells and a beefier reactor, but it compromises with inferior rad shielding so you don't necessarily want to be standing next to the guy wearing one.

For CSMs, that's a reasonable trade-off, especially for OG Traitor Legionnaires, since they may need to operate for long stretches outside of established supply lines; and they don't care if they irradiate the cultists they're fighting with.

For loyal Marines, it only really makes sense in 's example since Destroyers are already highly radioactive.

>distance themselves from mk V
I was talking about that. Even the inquisition looks at marines that use that pattern with suspicion simply because its old.

I played a chaos marine that used mk5 armor. It was dug out of storage by the warband and made from thrown together parts. So when he was doing his thing, he simply had the same armor from 50 years ago and it was just being fixed over and over again.

Mk5 is actually a viable pattern in many regards. It's the easiest armor pattern to fix, Spare parts literally are everywhere. It's hodgepodge.

I understand it being better, but its just not used by loyalists that much or at all because the mechanicus hate's competition. There are a bunch of different variations in each pattern of armor due to local manufacturing by different chapters.

>mk5 armor is actually my favorite pattern
You can customize the hell out of it. I've seen one rule set that went into the reactor output due to the cabling. I totally am going to steal the back pack though to explain why his armor doesn't need the output cranked up.

>Even the inquisition looks at marines that use that pattern with suspicion simply because its old.

The Deathwatch RPG actually has fluff about this.

Marines wear it as a symbol of honor and that it reminds them about that they won against Horus and the traitors. It's something of a link to the past, as well as the past when the Astartes were at their peak.

The Inquisition however look at this armor as a reminder of the Horus Heresy and look skeptically at Marines that wear these armors.

Mechanically, it causes negatives when interacting with the Inquisition.

yeah, I thought that was a funny logic clash.

I also find it amusing how loyalists will use equipment that was recovered from traitor forces.

I love how in the nightlords novel, they use a suit of loyalist terminator armor and Talos has a mental note of how strange it is to fight with an aquila in his visor again.

>tfw traitors think I'm one of them
>I am no heretic

Heh. The part with Talos is funny.

BTW, I remembered some fluff about 3rd ED with Space Wolves of the 13th Company and the Despoiler's 13th Black Crusade.

The Grey Hunters that were in the warp used pieces of traitor power armors. Some of them looked like Chaos Marines in all but loyalties and that they didn't have horned helmets. But that's old fluff.

Why does it shape like female reproductive system?

hell, in blood quest the 2 blood angels go through the eye of terror and they come out with all kinds of neat shit. The one guy has vents on his armor that look like old train smoke stacks and a chainsword where his elbow is.

Talos is funny in a weird fucked up way. But the slaaneshi aligned marine was funniest. Especially when he starts cursing. "he let out a string of epithets that would've made even the Primarch blink."

>Blood Quest
Remembered that one. Sadly couldn't finish it due to not having all the Warhammer Comics.

I could only get the first 4 issues and that was like, 6 years ago. I can't ever find new 40k comics.

MkV is easy to fix if you have tons of MkII and III parts and knowledge on how to work on MkII and III suits. Pretty sure MkVI and VII are the most common made by M41 with everything else pretty much lost to history and done mainly from relics or by rare artificers. And being easy to fix was the cornerstone of the MkVI and VII design.

mk6/7 are the most compatible with each other. But mk5 is able to use parts from anything. For instance the respirator of the helmet is from dreadnought armor. The cabling that runs along the armor is from something else.

It's able to be made with cast off, throw away parts, The plates are mass produced and just soldered on.

That's why its the easiest to be repaired. Literally made from the cheapest shit imaginable and cobbled together into a functional thing.

Maybe they are somewhere out there.

Need to check the Mega links in the 40K generals.

or you could find it and dump it in a cool thread. Veeky Forums has a lack of cool threads now a days. It's just fap/waifu/magical realm shit.

It's the future you chose. I'm actually surprised that this thread hasn't been full of autistic screeching that it should be relegated to the Horus Heresy general.

that's because we are talking about equipment OF 40k, not the things that use said equipment.

>mk6/7 are the most compatible with each other

"A notable feature of the resulting armour type (Mark 6 and 7) is the provision of dual technology circuits. These permit relatively rare or sophisticated functions to be temporarily replaced or repaired using common or very simple technology."

>mk5 is able to use parts from anything

MkV was specifically built to use parts from pre-MkIV suits, which were more common back in the day and didn't use all the advanced materials and components that were in short supply. Only thing it took from the MkIV was the design of solid plate armour, rather than the segmented you found on the MkII and III.

>the respirator of the helmet is from dreadnought armor

Actually, according to FW books, it's a late M.30 'Mantilla' pattern respirator, found on various PA marks as an alternative helmet model. Though the helmet itself did make use of some TDA designs.

>cabling that runs along the armor is from something else

Yes, MkII and III, where as MkIV cabling ran under the armour.

>It's able to be made with cast off, throw away parts, The plates are mass produced and just soldered on.

And as we know, stuff made from scraps bolted together are the best.

>easiest to be repaired

If you happen to have tons of MkII and III components lying around.

And who has a shit ton of mk2 and mk3 components laying around? Traitors. They're the only ones that still make that kind of shit. I'm surprised there isn't more chaos only power armor variants.

Chaos Armor is the standard marine armor in black crusade and it even states that the subsystems have all fallen in disrepair.

>I'm surprised there isn't more chaos only power armor variants.

Many of the old legion models were based on certain marks, like plague marines being MkIII with MkII helmets and I do believe the berserkers were suppose to represent MkV. The actual stock CSM models are just a combination of different stuff, especially old art where just about every mark has MkVI greaves.

The new rubric marines have MkIV and upcoming plague marines will be in MkIII with MkII helmets, so there's still hope left in man.

yeah, the chaos forces are just as varied and well supplied as the imperial ones, so it should be reflected. I'd like to see more armies on the chaos side get little armies. Like Dark Admech. Or cultists of certain gods.

Well, with the new push to get all the cult legions their I'm codex and miniatures range, everyone's getting something; and the Chaos Undivided range is already pretty robust.

I wouldn't hold my breath for Dark Mechanicus, though, at least not any time soon. Maybe if they do a Martian Civil War book.

>CSM players: "Maybe something nice will happen!"

I gave up back in 4e. Now I just run spiky space marines with some ragged IG allies.

Saved this model from teenage me and trying to re-purpose him into a Death Guard siege breaker. Don't really have spare backpacks but this thread made me realize I can just steal an Anvilus from my CSM bits.

Would fit just fine with an antenna or two added, yeah?

>that filename
my sides

SW Thunderwolf kit comes with pic related, which might go nicely onto the CSM backpack for some sensor. Maybe put an antenna or two there as well.

I feel the Lost and the Damned chaos army could be expanded quite a bit. More vehicles that actually are original and not daemon possessed.

a lot has been going on for chaos too. I haven't seen much of the stuff that came out in the last year, but before that I seen a fairly strong push. Though the Eldar's shit seems neat, I'm more excited for the 13th black crusade actually being underway.

I just dont like those little things. They just look kind retarded.