>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
discord.me/5eg

>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

What's your favorite non-MM monster in 5e so far? I'm partial to Gauths, myself. Pretty simple but a great edition to encounters with other control-prone aberrations.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rBaSGEff-qI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Was there any bullshit in your sessions today? I swear April 1st is the most cancerous day of the year.

I had little prep and most of the group (myself included) felt like shit. My game went super off the rails with verbal shitposting, in-jokes, and memes.

Still pretty fun though, and they made okay progress story-wise.

Nope actually. Had one of the better sessions in recent memory by mainly focusing on individual character interactions as they explore the city and get to know the important npc

Are the d&d board games any good?

So, what do other players do D&D wise? I already customized the fuck out of my character sheet. I wanna do more for the game, but I don't know what

Between sessions*

Party of 5 level 5 characters took on a CR 15 challenge today and won

Lords of Waterdeep is an alright resource farming/management game. I've played it twice with friends, and it is fairly enjoyable.

Talk with your DM. If you're hankering for more, there's a chance that others might be as well. Even if they won't give you a full session, they may set-up some sort of in-between/downtime thing.

So I want to give my DM a break and do his job for a while. Never DMed before. Any tips? Any campaign plot ideas?

Even with legendary actions, single-monster fights are lopsided. I finished a campaign with 6 level 11s against a CR 24 monster with legendary actions and they beat him without dying. It was tought but they won hands-down.

Stat this monster. "Horseman of Orcus"

Oh boy, that's a big job you're taking on. Creating a campaign on your own is going to be crazy hard without a vision you want to pull off.

DMing is a job of passion and drive, where you have to power through both your own dreams and the abilities of players. You'll have to find something that you want to create, or go with a prefab campaign.

If I were you, look to things you enjoy, and mix-match them into a world. It doesn't have to be fantasy, but it tends to be.

>Cast Polymorph
>You become a Giant Ape
>Leap into battle
>First hit, breaks your concentration
>Polymorph drops, you're Barry the Wizard again

????

Is this the worst race in the game?

Polymorph should be cast on the buffest dude in the party while its caster sits in the back throwing out non-concentration spells.

Can you even maintain concentration while polymorphed in the first place?

You're supposed to polymorph your party members anyways. If you want to polymorph yourself, play druid.

Action economy (and resource drain) is a thing. You put single monsters against a party at full or near full resources and they can take things far above their power level.

What was the monster?

Also I realized monster HP is NOT balanced around a party with Great Weapon Master and/or Sharpshooter. Having PCs with both feats in my party, I've taken to increasing the HP of everything they fight.

That isn't a Genasi.

Not like crunch wise, but fluff and art is pretty bad for em.

yep. why were they ever conceived, let alone made core

don't look like no kobold to me, massuh.

Doesn't look like Human (Variant)

What are some creative uses for the Command spell?

Because it was weird after a while how many players asked why couldn't they play Dragon in the dungeon.

The important part here is why can't I play as a Dungeonborn?

Nigger what?

A plague from the Feywild is spreading throughout the forests of the Prime Material Plane, infecting Magical Creatures and turning them into abominations.

>Having PCs with both feats in my party, I've taken to increasing the HP of everything they fight.
I'd play with you.

Which race is worse crunch wise?

"Give" is great, if you fluff it with some gestures to get additional info across. You could disarm them, or have them fetch something from the battlefield/area.
"Betray"
I feel the default "Grovel" one could be powerful in setting up a mean round against the enemy.

Speaking of the action economy, let me tell you a story.

>DM talks to me about how the day's session is going to be insane
>When I ask why, he says he's pitting us against a boss that's going to "ruin us without (helping DMPC)'s help"
>He goes on to explain that he's going to send one level 15 against us level 5s and that "he has over 120 hitpoints."
>I tell him even though he'll be strong, action economy is going to fuck this dude over hard
>He looks at me and says, "What is an action economy?"
>He's been DMing for over three years now
>When we actually fight the boss, he's getting fucked
>It's a generated PC, Battle Master Fighter Level 15
>Strong, but runs out of Superiority Dice 2 rounds in and can only regen so much
>By the end of the third round, he's down to 14 HP out of 138
>DM is visibly nervous as the group is excited to almost kill the final boss so fast
>DM only then mentions that the final boss has some magic item that allows him to regenerate 6d6 plus his fighter level every turn
>Also seems to think Fighters get unlimited Second Winds at 15th level
>"Your friends start sounding the retreat, if you don't go now you'll almost certainly die"
>Would've killed the final boss at least a dozen sessions early if the DM didn't pull super unbreakable regen out

Kobold easily. Not a contest at all.

Orcs, for having negatives to stats.

Kenku are worse in fluff for anyone except players who only watch passively outside of combat.

Not-Lion clan from L5R
Variant human option
Ability Score Increase. Your Strength, Constitution and Charisma are increased by 1.
Martial Technique. When you use the Aid action, you grant 1d4 additional bonus to your ally’s roll.
You may use the Aid action as a bonus action once. You regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.
Deadly precision. You may use a bonus action to gain advantage on your next attack, until the end of your turn. Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a long rest.
Roar. As a bonus action, you can unleash a mighty roar, which boosts your confidence and morale. You gain temporary hit points equal to half your level (rounded up). These temporary hit points vanish after one minute. Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a long rest.
Hold position. When you have an ally creature engaged in combat, within 5 feet of you, you gain advantage on Saving throws to avoid becoming frightened or being moved against your will.
As a Reaction, you may grant half your proficiency bonus to Saving Throws for one ally within 5 feet of you. Once you use this reaction, you can’t use it again until you finish a long rest.
Ancestor’s pride. During a long rest, you may meditate to seek advice from your ancestors. They are very wise and knowledgeable (still they aren’t all seeing and all knowing), but will demand utmost honor from you, otherwise you won’t be able to contact them. They can help guide your ethical, political and strategic choices.
Militaristic Knowledge. You have advantage on checks related to knowledge of the bushido and Intelligence (History) checks related to military tactics.
Storytellers. You may add half your proficiency bonus to skills related to telling the stories of your clan’s great deeds or attract sympathy towards you and your clan. Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a long rest.

What do you guys think?
>inb4 shit

Good, kobold fags suck

Three years? I wanna feel sorry for him, but come on.

>Orcs, for having negatives to stats

One stat, and a totally irrelevant one for anyone but a wizard.

Well considering only LG edgy teens gravitate towards them to enact fetishes, yep.

But any non standard race is degenerate.

>making a human that is not the middle balanced guy that does not excell at anything if he doesnt pick up a feat as the REAL variant human
It's different and I don't like it.

Its a lesson all DMs learn. A high HP meat shield means nothing if it gets only 1 turn every 6 rounds of combat.

Keeping things 1:1 or even outnumbering PCs is much more challenging.

One big guy and 10 shitty gobbos is much better.

Oldfag 3.5 player/DM here, got into a 5e game for the first time the other day and am still getting used to things as a player, not DM.

Am I correct in the idea that if I don't want to be a bitch half-assed fighter, I have to dual class Fighter/Fighter to get Champion and Battlemaster Archetypes?

>But any non standard race is degenerate.
You silly.

>dual class Fighter/Fighter

>Am I correct in the idea that if I don't want to be a bitch half-assed fighter, I have to dual class Fighter/Fighter to get Champion and Battlemaster Archetypes?
You can't multiclass into the same class twice.

Champion fighter is solid but boring.

Battle Master fighter is godfighter.

Eldritch Knight is a tanky fighter with magical utility.

All of them are playable.

>Fighter14/Fighter6

drow genocide when

>You can't multiclass into the same class twice.
Normally yeah, but this DM is green as hell and I'm convincing him of anything I want to do as he's relying on me to remind him of everything he's forgetting mid session.

I think I can convince him of this. I already got him out of a point buy system first sesh and went for a 1:1 ability score pool distribution system with a 70 point limit. Everyone's now OP as hell at level 1.

No time like the present.

you are an awful person

You are terrible, but amusing.
Report back.

You are a bully

don't give a darn, huh?

Woah, thats like a Paladin must.
>Martial technique
looks ok.
>Deadly precision
boring, but also strong.
>Roar
Cool, but not very useful at most levels.
>Hold position
looks good, reminds me of the halfling Brave trait
>Ancestors pride
Weird, needs to fix the text.
>Militatistic knoledge +storytelles
I'll guess thats fluff shit, due to being very circunstancial. Ok, I guess.

Congratz on ruining the gaming experience of other novice players.

That would give lots of options during combat for martials.
I hate it.

Also,
>3 stats +1
REEEEEEE

Lol. Yeah, probably. I did say I was a DM before.

I'm using it as an object lesson though: don't ever let a player control your game. I've already written him an email about the 70 point thing.

So the answer is yes on Fighter/Fighter then? lvl 17/3 to get maximum Battlemaster usage and the improved critical from Champion?

>Ability Score Increase. Your Strength, Constitution and Charisma are increased by 1.
Shit, don't even have to finish it.

Virt?

It's April Fools bro

Hah, no. I passed the IRL persuasion check my friend.

That's the plan!

Ok, kid I will help you, you want to make a human that is on par with elfs, dwarfs and shit in terms of traits and shit, ok.
>ability score
just ability scores melee fags would love, paladins, fighters and barbarians in this order. Why would you pick anything else if you can pick this? Boring.
>martial
nobody ever uses the aid action. As a bonus action /LR ?basicly useless.
>deadly precision
go play barbarian
>roar
le tank meme. stupid.
>hold position
OP as fuck
>ancestors pride
gay
>military shit
useless
>storyfag
useless

It's shit/10.Congrats, asshole.

>implying that Veeky Forums isn't always that guy

>I was only pretending to be an asshole!

Fuck niggers. Seriously. It has been an awesome day, I had my first session with a new group, rolled exceptionally well (18-15-15-14-12-11), had a great time roleplaying, and then got fucking mugged on the way back home. The chimp duo took my bag which had my notebook almost full of college annotations, together with my tablet which had tons of personal stuff and even a fucking panettone I got on a sale.
I'm fucking done man, it's humiliating handing things I got from my hard work to some random fucker on the street.
From now on I'll be packing heat, next time someone tries to take my stuff only one of us will walk away.
Sorry for ranting, I know it's not the right place, but I don't want to talk to this with people irl and /pol/ is down, and since I spent most of the day doing Veeky Forums stuff, my natural reaction was to run here.
Hope you guys had a better day.

looks ok, if I got it right. Lots of option, with limited and tactical use and some small fluff bonuses.
I would just worry about players trying to push the speak with ancestors feature to emulate divination spells like detect objects, identify and speak with the dead.

This has to be bait.
But no, that's still dumb. Suboptimal, on top of being a retarded idea: Fighter's capstone is their third Extra Attack, which blows Champion's shitty crit range increase out of the water comparatively.

Post more Gilgamesh.

Eh, its better than a paladin elf.

That really sucks dude.

It was woven of haha with lair actions. A kensei monk with GWM and a greatsword and artificer with sharpshooter. The monk running around stunning haha wrecked action economy in the worst way.

Dude, that shouldn't have happened, and I hope those mofos get arrested and sent to pound em in the ass jail. That said- where are you going to keep your gun, because that will get stolen like your bag just was.

>I'd play with you.
Thanks? What makes you say that?

There comes a moment in every DM's "career" where they learn this. Thankfully mine was very early on when I threw a CR 4 Ettin against 4 level 3s thinking it'd be a tough fight (Hard encounter, after all), but he barely threatened them.

Not as good and versatile as variant human, but better than normal human, which is not hard.
Therefore its FUCKING BROKEN REEEEEEEEE
EDGY WEABOO FAGGOT REEEE

banning variant human when

Coven of hags. Phoneposting is bad

Fucking never, variant human is fun and people only hate it because they think having anything marginally stronger than a goblin at level one is having badwrongfun.

>woven of haha

kek

Really? Like I said I'm still absorbing the player's guide over the last couple days, getting to know the simplified systems. I already took the Great Weapon Fighting style and was going to get G Weapon mastery so that I could get an extra attack on any kills with a greatsword, eliminating the need for the 3rd attack capstone at 20. Combined with the greater crit range (and no crit checks since all 20s are now auto crits) and the lucky feat I figured I could get 3 hits and make crits rain all day. Especially with superiority dice on top of all of that.

>mfw spic and swordfighting is a valid and proven defence.

If you really do plan on getting a gun for self defense invest in defense and hostile situation training courses otherwise you'll just end up making a bad situation worse.

Lol. Not saying I'm not an asshole, just not a bully. There's a difference.

Look kid, Im a seasoned player, some might even say that Im one of the best, if not the best, gamer this board has to offer. Dont believe me? I have over 400 hundred board games at my house, over a 100 at my arms reach right now. Card games? I got a deck for every possible combination of cards of M:tg, I even go to tournments and shit. No biggie. D&D? I'm proud to say that as a player I'm always the party leader, maxed as I can be and I'm not afraid of taking that extra edge that puts me ahead of enemies and allies alike. Hell, I got to get paid for having sex with hot girls and killing dragons with my expert builds. I like to shit on the GM one-directional adventures, by solving it with brains and brawl instead of one or the other, wether the party likes it or not. When Im the GM, Im proud to say that NO PARTY ever finished one of my adventures. Think you're gonna face some lazy sleepy goblins? Think again, they are fully trained comandos, that will attack and take full cover before you can do shit. Dont hate the player, hate the game. WH40K? Dont even get me started, kiddo, shit would blow your weaklings mind on how real it gets.
So, you listen, kiddo, and you listen good, because this will be a freebie:
>3 stats
are you fucking serious? you little shit, you should know (if you ever played D&D) that no race got 3 stats, but faggy races. Trash.
>all this aid shit
Aid is as tactical as going to melee with AC 10. sad.
>Precision
OP bullshit, would ban.
>roar
gay edgelord furry shit, may as well call it yiff
>hold position
need a buddy to do shit dwarfs and halflings can do better? Thats gay and stupid, every true warrior knows that strenght comes from within. think before you type, retard.
>ancestors pride
ARE YOU SERIOUS? Are you fucking serious??? this is the gayest shit I've read today, old faggots that are wise but can't do shit that you wouldnt figure out by yourself, PLUS you have to have "honor" or some shit? Fuck that baby shit.

Sorry man. Do you have a way to track the location of your tablet?

That is one of my worst fears. I am sorry that happened to you, and I'm glad you're safe,

>Be asshole DM
>Find new DM
>Be asshole player to new DM
>Teach new DM to be asshole DM to protect against asshole players

Take note. This is how asshole DMs reproduce. They are prions.

I know intimately that having just one baddie sucks. It gets shat on every time. It just always feels so lame to me to have the giant dude with a huge weapon and magic... and also fifteen little archer friends. I keep falling into the temptation.

Sorry to hear that, senpai.

This looks familiar.

That's why you build up group villains. A duo that has correlating goals, or some kind of bond that links them together.

> pretending asshole DMs don't come up with the best scenarios, traps, and NPCs

Oh I'm sorry, I thought this was a D&D general not a WoD chicklit fest

Have you never even attempted a Vault of Horrors run with an asshole DM before?

If no, then you've never really table topped.

I just sat here for a full minute laughing at "woven of haha"

Its ok user. The race war is coming. Soon your country will be saved.

The more I think about it, the more I think short rests should be 10 minutes long, and long rests 8 hours. It solves so many of 5e's balance issues.

I live in a shithole, so the chance they'll get caught is marginally over zero.
I'm not really a gun connoisseur, but I think a proper belt with a somewhat loose shirt should hold and hide it pretty decently. Seriously, the gun-nigger was fucking sloppy when putting my bag on his back, pretty much anyone in my position could have successfully reacted if they had a gun by their side.

Yup.

Would be pretty comfy to *teleport behind him*

Thanks for the advice my man.

If they get the wifi on, yes, I think. But they probably won't until they format it or something.
But even if I do track it, the cops won't go after it. That's the workings.

Thanks lads, means a lot to me.

Not thicc enough. Sad!

Move to the south man. We don't have a racism problem or a race problem anymore. Not like those fucking yanks.

>Vault of Horrors
>Dungeon of Creeps
>Cage of Spooks
>Box of Scaries
>Container of Fears
>Would be pretty comfy to *teleport behind him*
Its more about the fact that almost no one has guns here, and having a bigger knife is often good enough. The weapon of choice here are either the Corvos (Martial) or Sabres.

>brazil
Don't think so bro, we're too far gone
See above

>But even if I do track it, the cops won't go after it

Oh user, you poor soul. That's not what I meant.

You have to go full Death Wish.

youtube.com/watch?v=rBaSGEff-qI

Yeah, I don't have the numbers on me, but realistically speaking a crit range increase would never amount to as much damage as a whole another attack, even with advantage.
Great Weapon Fighting is alright (particularly good if your GM doesn't use the errata), so you chose well there, and it pairs nicely with Great Weapon Master, whose main selling point is the +10 bonus to damage rolls and not the extra attack on kills or crits anyway.
Lucky's alright, but using it just to fish for criticals and see if MAYBE you can increase you damage by a bit would seem silly, to me. Hell, if you want more damage, consider Polearm Master for the 1d4+STR bonus action attack. Polearms deal less damage than 2d6 weapon, but said bonus attack helps tip the scale, on top of being an available option every single turn unless you use your bonus action for something else.

Sorry for the lack of formatting and maybe rambling, it's early but I'm suddenly feeling rather tired.