Filename Thread

Fresh OC

Other urls found in this thread:

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matthew 12:46-50&version=NKJV
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is as equally fitting for Guilliman as it is for Sanguinius.

>Southerner shoots roach while his wife and granddaughter takes cover
Alright, but who's the other woman in the picture?

Dora the Explorer. They kidnapped her.

... HOW?!

Slavic sorcerery.

Same goes for the language test

This causes me literal pain to read.

Legitimate belly laugh from that one. Especially since those with 6 CHA regularly confuse attractive with fabulous. I love it.

This is why I laugh when people say that "the media said Bernie would have won if it wasn't for hillary!!!!"

Saving this for later use.

I like that Christ's brother "casually" took his place on the cross.
"Bro, I'm about to be tortured to death. Take this one for me?"
"Yeah bro, no problem!"

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

The funniest part of this whole thing is that to my knowledge, it's not actually addressed whether Jesus had any siblings at all, so he may actually have had a brother (albeit not a Japanese one, because Jesus traveling to Japan is only slightly more believable than traveling to fucking Utah)

gotto love dominions

Spoken like an only child

I'm shocked he has Dora toys in his house.

There are a couple of references to "James the brother of Jesus." Historical sources hint that he was the one to take over the main church in jerusalem after Jesus' death. This church and it's rules are the liars that Paul rants against in his letters to the Corinthians. This is because Paul was teaching a more gentile version of Jesus as the son of/part of god, while the main church followed a more traditional hebrew messiah tradition. These dogmatic differences became irrelevant after the jews rebelled against the romans and were able to hold jerusalem for a few years, afterwards the romans razed the city to ashes and slaughtered it's inhabitants. With the original congregation dead, and the general diaspora begun, Paul's teachings were the only driving force left, and was embraced by converts looking to distance themselves politically from nationalist hebrew zealotry against rome.

Well given that there's nothing said about Jesus between the age of 12 and 30, this is just as plausible as any other explanation really.

So I can tell the bird is shaped wrong and is meant to look like something else, but I can't actually see it. What am I looking at?

Ok, got it now.

What are you talking about? James the Just, brother of Jesus, supposedly authored the Epistle of James where the Catholic and Orthodox opposition to the doctrine of sola fide draws biblical context from. Now, most Catholics and Orthodox hold that he was either a close cousin or step-brother through a previous marriage of Joseph. Paul even mentions meeting him more than once and seems to treat him with great respect. I mean, he even seemingly got tacit approval from them to keep doing what he was doing.

>[7] But contrariwise, when they had seen that to me was committed the gospel of the uncircumcision, as to Peter was that of the circumcision. [8] (For he who wrought in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, wrought in me also among the Gentiles.) [9] And when they had known the grace that was given to me, James and Cephas and John, who seemed to be pillars, gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship: that we should go unto the Gentiles, and they unto the circumcision: [10] Only that we should be mindful of the poor: which same thing also I was careful to do.
Epistle Of Saint Paul To The Galatians 2:7-2:10

There was never a feud that we know of, and his teachings never fell by the wayside since they're integral to an entire sacrament and the doctrine of justification.

>tyrannic_war_veteran

the alligator stands up

thicc

Soon to be OC, just needs a name

Jesus had many siblings. Other than the whole virgin-birth fiasco, they were probably a pretty normal Jewish family.

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matthew 12:46-50&version=NKJV

Severely under rated post.

Whoa...

Depends on the interpretation. My favorite theory is that Mary was a temple woman married off to an older widower, as was common practice at the time. It would explain why Jesus had brothers who seem older than him while allowing for the perpetual virginity of Mary, explain the absence of Joseph in Jesus' adult life, and explain his confusion at being addressed as Jesus' father by Jesus in the Story of the Passover Visit to the Temple.

Different user here, James was torn between the two doctrines, he supported Paul, but when he was on the council he swayed more towards the traditional Jewish interpretation.

Really? That's as plausible an explanation as "Jesus spent his late childhood and early adulthood being a carpenter in Galilee?"

someone has never read "Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal"

>max level commoner

I completely misread that title at first...

>eric cartman IRL

BBEG? More like Hero.

It's just bizarre to me that he managed to turn her sister and cousin against her. Truly bardic levels of charisma

I dunno man, I'm all for revenjustice, but this...this takes it to an entirely new level.

At this point, he became consumed by his own hate and malice. He destroyed himself while also destroying his ex. There is no heroism in that - only tragedy.