ITT: post campaigns you've always wanted to run

>players are a bunch of straight 10 peasants pressed into survice of the royal army
>earn their hit dice through valor in battle
>eventually become high ranking generals and commanders

>an ogre leading a pack of goblins or some shit goes from town to town, eating all the villagers
>one village hires heroes
>heroes get eaten too
>villagers must band together to fend off the ogre threat

>players are a bunch of townsfolk in the capital city of heroes
>dragon rocks into town, torches adventurers guild
>takes over city with kobold army
>dragon goes to sleep, kobolds stay in command
>players are part of the resistance, desperately trying to overthrow the kobold rulers before the dragon wakess up

Idk, I just love the idea of making my players play peasants

Hexcrawl ala Malifaux where the players have been pulled through a portal into a strange new world. Base building, West marching, culture establishing...i would love to run a game where the players are actually interested in that stuff

>BLEACH campaign
>a few years after Aizens is defeated and jailed
>players are shinigami doing their job on earth in the same general area
>each of them get attacked by high powered Hollows simultaneously
>they can't contact the Soul Society
>during the battle they realize they're going to lose
>door to the soul society mysteriously opens for them
>when they get back, they're somehow marked as traitors
>hunted down ichigo style
>have to fight higher level lieutenants and captains
>but something's not right
>turns out they're being used as scapegoats to distract from the real problem
>Aizen is escaping

>>players are a bunch of straight 10 peasants pressed into survice of the royal army
>>earn their hit dice through valor in battle
>>eventually become high ranking generals and commanders

I'm down. I love the idea of starting poor/weak/humble and working towards the opposite.

It's not a really good campaign but I would love to run it.

>3/2 Players
>2 of them are brothers and guards of the capital city who knew the princess uncle
>Coup d'État on the emperor
>Princess on the run (maybe an NPC or player) find the two brothers
>They protect her and the princess makes them knights if they promise to help her get the empire back
>tfw time to move around the capital city to get people to your side
>In the end the uncle is a bad guy to helped the Coup
>Find magical sword to help defeat it
>The end

An age of exploration themed game, where the goal is to map an unexplored land, determine whether there are valuable resources, see if there are other intelligent races there, etc.

The problem with this kind of game is that you need all of your players to REALLY like Bleach or be in to it.

The group I wrote it for was. I had a notebook full of notes, maps, a slew of original characters complete with donated artwork, etc. I re-read the relevant parts of the manga, researched the relevant parts of the anime, all sorts of stuff.

Unfortunately, the game died on the second session (my episode 4) because the Quincy PC killed an NPC (a warm, but spastic fatherly type) the group had become very attached to. The Quincy broke down, another player had traumatic flashbacks (her father was shot in front of her when she was 6. None of us even knew) and no one wanted to touch the game after that.

One day, the binder might leave the shelf to be played again.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that user. This happened to me too. Players really excited to play X kind of game, I prep everything and them BOOM, no one wants to play anymore.

I have always wanted to run a campaign in the Mistborn world, the problem is the first trilogy finishes the story very well, explains almost everything leaving nothing to build up to.
(I didn't read the Era 2 books yet)

Same, this sounds really fun, if w/ a DM who generally knows what they're talking about and can run it well.

>Werewolf: the Apocalypse
>Player characters aren't werewolves, but have werewolf ancestors.
>Pentex straps them into science machines to extract their ancestral memories of their werewolf ancestors doing important plot shit sealing way an ancient big bad in Constantinople. This is also played by the players.
>The modern characters connect with their dead ancestors through the sessions and, by the power of spirit bullshit, emerge as full Garou in their own right in time to escape and try to stop Pentex from unsealing the ancient evil doom.
>Lots of potential for weird potential railroading issues for how that would work out, haven't had a group that would be interested enough to do serious consideration.
>TFW I'll never run Werewolf Creed.

Xcom style game, but players are shit rookies and die like flies, you know in the old (good) ones from microprose. 10 to all stats sure, but enough feae, panic and critical misses to require.massive amounts of FUN and plot armor. Ive always wanted to dm this shit.
>it is dark, cold and you see shit
>you hear the whistling of the grass and leaves
>the moon barely lights up the outline of a barn
>«i throw an electrode phospor grenade»
>an image of an grey creature flashes in the second floor by the window then disappears
>swhooommm
>the guy next to you no longer has a head

>>players are a bunch of straight 10 peasants pressed into survice of the royal army

Sounds like King Arthur Pendragon. Beginning as a squire and working towards knighthood, land ownership, and marriage. You can only attempt to improve skills that you used well during that particular session.

I've wanted to run a Pendragon Campaign.

Fuuuuuck Does XCOM tabletop exist? I wanna be the director high general, overseeing the base.

>capturing live alien for interrogation
>capturing technology for reverse engineering
>intrigue with council of nations and funding
>getting your base attacked or attacking theirs
>going on night missions and panicking
This game was obviously meant for tabletop and great roleplay

I toyed around with that idea too, where players would start off at level 1 commoner with straight 10s, then they would gain levels and stat points based on how heroic they were.

>capturing live alien for interrogation
Is the alien male or female? This is important.

1st season of True Detective, but with actual Mythos shit.

Aren't all snakemen and chryssalids technically female?

How do you handle guilds in your games? I'm struggling to make a guild system for my RPG, a simple "Adventurer's Guild" where the players can choose missions from a board or from other people and such.

I've kinda wanted to end my time playing/gming pathfinder by doing two different campaigns:

Monster Hunter (Non-serious)
>bringing back Weapons of Legacy rules
>implementing a system of using monster parts to upgrade gear
>largely fighting Large or Larger enemies -> starting small like an Owlbear or something and going up to Colossal +++ dragons, Kaiju etc.
>keep in tropes like hotspring episode, beach episode etc.

Bloodborne/Lovecraftian Horror/Noir (Serious)
>generally urban campaign with little if any travel outside of the city
>I've previously worked on aspects such as design, law, economy etc.
>including a lot of inspiration from real crimes/political conspiracies etc.
>generally deal with more adult themes ie. more open to prostitution, human trafficking, organized crime, morality, politics
>implementing a system where players can trade experience to upgrade their gear

Second one would be an absolute trainwreck as I haven't run one like that before. But the first just feels like it would be fun as shit.

I'd love to play that

I see. Good...

Do it like Pokémon Mystery Dungeon.

You should look at DCC. The 0-level funnel might be what your looking for.

dude that actually sounds pretty awesome.
is not edgy but I love it.

gostei msm.

This but not having a goal planned out prior to starting the campaign.

Have you looked into running street-level Shadowrun campaigns?

>bunch of street gangers
>living in the same squat
>rival gangs on all sides
>get a line on a shipment coming in to restock a Stuffer Shack
>have to hijack the truck and then defend the illegal truck sale from the gangs next door when they sell it off to their whole neighborhood

I have a few.

My dream Only War game would be set in the Macharian Crusades, with the players fighting in them for quite a while; it would give me a chance to run through quite a few different tactical and strategic scenarios while building up their inter-personal relationships and really fleshing out the characters around them. As they gained importance they'd be involved in a lot more scenarios with higher-up Imperials, including even getting in on a few conspiracies or behind-the-scenes events; maybe even doing near-Inquisitor-tier work, or potentially getting personally involved with Space Alexander himself.

It would, depending on how they played their cards, involve them on the run during the chaos after the Lord Solar's death--their involvement with upper-tier stuff would likely make them enemies of some kind--and their subsequent lives on the edge of the galaxy; from there I think I would give the natural leader that emerged the opportunity to go full Rogue Trader through a few good adventuring opportunities. At that point it'd be seeing where they went with it. Maybe revenge, maybe avenging Macharius' death (if they love him when he lived), maybe just trying to continue his legacy of kicking ass in the name of the Imperium? The possibilities are endless.

There's also the trio of Warbirds campaigns: starting with the base setting, moving on to the "great war," alluded to in the space age splat, followed by full-on space age game. I'm not sure whether or not the particular characters of each "generation," would be all that connected, but Warbirds is the only RPG where I own a physical copy of all their books; I like it a lot.

A game in my Napoleonic-era-and-mythos-horror-magic-inspired "things that go bump in the night," setting would be totally baller.

I also want to run a really heavily AU-Star Wars that's basically my own personal take on the Clone Wars after I saw the Prequel Trilogy and went "well that lore was all bullshit."

That sounds amazing, would love to play that

One where the players take everything seriously, successfuly resist the urge to murderhobo, and don't act like assholes when its not in their alignment.

>post apocalyptic humanity living in domes
>all players start as poor workers, students, whatever
>something forces them to work with the underworld
>let them decide whether the campaign will be about them trying to break free, get rich, fix their community, or whatever

Even wrote several pages of the background story but my friends can't commit to playing regularly. Feels bad I'll never play this or any other campaign

Always loved lowlife setting, but non-apocalyptic. I think cyberpunk or dieselpunk are always the best ones for that idea.

>players in a modern setting, working for the Catholic church hunting monsters like werewolves and wendigos

Warcraft game
>Starts with the final battle at The Frozen Throne in Warcraft 3.
>Players are part of Illidan's forces. Play as Blood/Night elf, orc, naga, broken draenei, satyr, or minor eredar
>The battle is lost! Your forces are scattered!
>You must now find your way from Northrend, all the way to the Dark Portal in the Blasted Lands. Good luck, be creative.

Star Wars
>Players are imperial agents just as the Dark Times are beginning.
>Trying to consolidate the Empire and root out enemies
>Primary 'BBEG' is a Jedi who has brought together the remnants of the CIS and one of their Super Weapons (like a second Malevolence) to fight the empire.

>Fantasy world
>A vast, new continent is found, and every kind of organization wants their hands on it.
>Players are adventurers offering their services for hire.
>They can make journeys to the new world, giving stakes to different organizations for access to tech, supplies, and troops.
>In addition to dungeon crawling, they have to found a fortress, train troops, research magic etc etc.

>PCs are people from a modern-day society who find a portal to a generic fantasy dungeon
>gameplay is a standard dungeon crawl, but with guns, night-vision goggles, and tacticool room clearing maneuvers

It's been months since I wanted to run a campain/oneshot using one of the many wh40k system using people that "shipwrecked" in a feral world, where they have to survive by hunting and stuff like that, I was also thinking that the wreckage was part of the plan of a single dark eldar wanting to play the most dangerous game with them.

So pretty much like GATE?

>Players are enormously powerful, but the sort of power that is like "Can set off a nuclear explosion centered around himself, takes no damage from it", stuff that isn't actually directly useful for the more limited things they actually want or need to do.
>Campaign is about not using too much force, instead of the usual dance of trying to gather enough power to eventually challenge the Bad Guys or whomever the antagonists happen to be.

Biggest problem is that most of the players I've dealt with don't care too much about the world around them. This sort of campaign won't work unless the players want to limit collateral damage.

>Players are just a bunch of regular folk living in a place almost untouched by time
>All they've known for their whole lives is a generic fantasy setting
>But then Trucks
>Helicopters
>Tanks
>People with guns
>The land is now being overtaken by a civilization on our level of development
>Not "Hostile takeover" overtaken, but "Hey we need this land we're going to live here now too and don't question it because we CAN kill you all." overtaken
>This generic fantasy setting is now dealing with a sudden jump in present technologies, guns are circulating on the black market, the wonders of electricity, communication devices, etc
>Regional rulers with new weapons to turn on eachother
>The players are just trying to survive as the war of technological advancement throws their land into a violent power struggle and trying to adapt to the new shit all around them

ORKSEN'S ELEVEN

>Orks try to plow through the Terran Defences to "Steal da Humie's God"

Twelve players start, teleported to an alien world with nothing but the clothes on their back.
Within a five mile radius of the entry point are various supplies and whatnot they can use to protect themselves from one another.
Periodically, supplies like food and medicine drop in
As time goes on, more and more hostile creatures and events begin to appear
This goes on until there is only one player left
Then that player gets to battle me, the DM, 1v1.

You know, if you ever do run a game like that where we can run around on foot as ourselves or enter a base to enter "commander mode" to do things like building and managing farms and stuff, I'd actually be down for that.

If you sit down and build it, talk about it here in Veeky Forums and make sure to announce if you're gonna do a beta test of it or something. Very interested.

bonus points if you make it a persistent world and have multiple players in this world so we could directly/indirectly fuck with eachother

I was lucky enough to DM this before, but it fell apart because I am fucking terrified of making mistakes or making something that isn't fun. Even though everyone would compliment me on my DMming and would show up to every game night, usually 20-30 minutes in advance, I could not handle the pressure because I always want to make things too fucking big and I'm too much of a piece of shit to know when to stop and I just fucking fucked everything up. I've never told them why, they've asked me several times why I dont play and its always "its complicated". I need help. I really miss the hobby.

I would kill a man for a chance to play in a WtA game. My group loves it, but none of them will run it, so I'm stuck forever DM. When it comes to playing, all I get is fucking Pathfinder.

This is exactly the sort of campaign you GURPS was meant for

A Campaign that takes place in late Medieval/ early Renaissance with the players being in a monster hunting guild

This. Very much so.

I've really wanted to run a mid-high fantasy campaign where the world has been getting colder every year, and it's up to the players to find out why.
They would discover that the Elemental Plane of Fire has been affected by a creeping blight that is slowly spreading and disrupting the energies of the Plane, and leaving behind a null magic zone.
The four Elemental Planes and the courts of the Fae have all entered into a kind of secret war with each other to both usurp the power of the Fire Plane (in case things get fixed) and find out what is causing this malady.
As the players get further into the campaign, they figure out it was an Old God seeking to destroy the Inner Planes so that they can be reformed in it's image.

I'd also really like it if the players had to all agree which faction they'd like to play as and have a limited set of non-traditional races to play as based on that decision.

> basically Monster Hunter
> recently without warning some species of monsters are a lot stronger and quicker to anger
> some of the best NPC hunters that the player party has been following + idolizing + learning from start to get killed by rage monsters
> twist is that an old disgraced hunter has done something, maybe magic or weird science, to fuck with the monsters so they can kill all the best hunters

Start with the party as low-level local heroes in the throne room of the evil sorcerer king. He casts them through a time portal to a future where his evil is law. Hijinx ensue.

Dark Sun, but with more Mad Max. Like it ends with battlewagons chasing an armored train that's chasing a purple worm (or some setting equivalent, I don't know much about Dark Sun monsters.

Players all wake up in a dark tomb with vague memories of how they died. Open the door to find themselves in Deadworld 1. They have to quest through Inferno and Dreamlands style nonsense to settle in the afterlife that's right for them.

Some BRPD shit.

Just like, Spelljammer, man.

Sci-fi game
Players are trapped on a planet that is being held with an iron fist by a hated enemy.
As the players search for a way off world, they are constantly dogged by assassins, bounty hunters, and thugs all looking to claim the heavy price on their heads.

>low tech fantasy setting using the Star Wars system.
>the world is a bit like the Thundarr the Barbarian cartoon. A sword & sorcery setting, but with the odd piece of high tech equipment.
>most of the artifacts come from sinister ruins. Few return from these expeditions, but the survivors always retire in comfort.
>there are people who possess strange and terrible abilities. Depending on the community they are either celebrated or shunned.

The game takes place in the Star Wars universe, on a obscure planet on the outer rim. There a Old Republic and Sith fleet annihilated each other. The planet is populated by the original colonists, and the survivors of that battle. The various "ruins" are either former Sith strongholds, temples steeped in the darkside. Or they are the remains of crashed capital ships.

The focus of the game is treasure hunting, and defeating creatures and sorcerers empowered by the dark side. The cliffhanger at the end of the campaign is the arrival of the Empire.

Awesome. Glad to know there's some interest. Will keep you posted.

A thousand years ago a holy order of adventurers from all walks of life were tasked by Bahamut to seal away a demon. However they realized that the damn thing was just too fucking smart for them to put it in a cave and leave it there. So they locked themselves inside a massive time distortion field along with it, sealed it in a cave, built a fortress around the cave, and have been capturing and resealing the thing while remaining closed off from the passage of time on the material plane.

The PCs were born within the Order, they will die within the Order, they've fought the demon before, but this time something's different....

You got me. I want in

I played in an XCOM-esque campaign that a friend of mine made the system for. We started out hiring slav mercenaries to get us close to alien invasion sites, and by the end of it the UN had basically thrown 100 billion at us to make the aliens go away.

It was a fucking brutal game though, the aliens were 'not stupid', which is to say they only held back from orbitally bombarding our cities into dust because it was impolite to do so unless we escalated that far first. Our masterstroke involved provoking them into a full scale ground invasion of the entire United States (Which they won trivially, spaceflight tier tech vs. monkeys and all that) in order to distract them from the final stages of our production of a planetary fusion powered laser grid which we used to provide cover fire for the reverse engineered alien space craft we launched into space, also equipped with a fusion powered laser, to go burn the communications antenna off of their shielded orbital weapons platform, denying them any means of controlling it, robbing them of leverage and forcing them to open negotiations with us.

That's brilliant.