Can someone give me a quick run down on this guy? What's his deal?

Can someone give me a quick run down on this guy? What's his deal?

He's a monster that negates traps but I don't think he's a giant robot that combines with other robots on a pendulum or something so he's pretty much trash in today's game I think.

Why does he wear the mask?

>Trap Cards bow down to Jinzo

He's a representative from 4kids entertainment company. he was destroyed by Seto Kaiba after Seto turned him into a meme.

>specializes on negating and destroying traps
>in a game where Decks without trap cards exist

But traps are like a third of the cards in the game. Surely some of them are played often. I remember this guy being called broken back in the day.

Back before quick play spells were prevalent

You mean in a game where a deck of "Oops! All traps!" is one of the strongest competitive decks currently?

Trap cards are actually one of the biggest parts of the game currently.

I've been seeing people run him in their side decks.

His name got translated oddly, is his deal.
The "Jinzo" part comes from 人造人間.

That's the moon runes used for Homunkurusu (Homunclus), but it's also the moon runes for Jinzō Ningen. Which is a... similar concept.
It's a sort of catch all for Cyborg, Android, and AI. Those are all the same concept to nips, and they don't distinguish them in their sci-fi.
You occasionally see it mean Robot too, but that's not so common. If you read poorly alternated manga, you'd recognize the literal translation: Boosted Man.

Anyways, that /particular/ card is actually named 人造人間-サイコ・ショッカー (Boosted Man - Psycho Shocker).
His signature equip card Amplifier, also had it's name truncated. It's actually Cyber Amplifier.
The implication is that he's a Psionicst is the traditional sense; that is, someone using technological to acquire/enhance psychic powers.

You can't use traps around him because he's on to your tricks. Also because he's using mind control.

>alternated
*translated

Why the card art is so ugly? We have beautiful 3D rendered art in MtG cards, why Yugioh still uses shitty 80s manga aesthetics in its art?

What are Solemn cards.

He's a dick and he ruins my plans to play gravity bind and gloat until my opponent dies of old age.

because 3d rendered computer art is worse than hand drawn manga.

Disagree with me? Well I guess there's two opinions, and one of them favors my style.

There, you should be able to understand why the stuff I like exists. After all, I can understand why the stuff you like exists, and I don't consider you less than me for liking it.

looks like a cenobite

Thanks, I never knew that. I always thought he looked cool and that's a cool description.

agreed.Cenobites are awesome

Thank you, English teacher-san.

>Kaiba bows to Jinzo
>is an alien
>possesses psychic abilities
>controls the game with trap card negation
>owns paper mills and printing presses all over the world
>direct descendant of the ancient original print run of Yu-Gi-Oh!
>will bankroll Duelist City 2.0 on Mars (Jinzograd will be be the second city)
>Controls the Japanese emperor
>keeps the Magic the Gathering down
>keeps Duelist City off the maps
>keeps the real anime lolis under wraps
>holds back the portable duel monsters holographic system
>keeps Yugi a star
>own basically every DNA editing research facility on Earth
>first designer babies will be Jinzo Babies
>said to have 200+ IQ
>ancient japanese scriptures tell of an angel who will descend upon the Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with them
>That is Jinzo
>He owns Nanobot R&D labs around the world
>You likely have Jinzo Jrs inside you right now
>Jinzo is in regular communication with the Archangels Michael and Gabriel, forwarding the word of God to the Orthodox Church
>They learned fluent moonspeak in under a week
>Neckbeards entrust their Black Lotus reserves with Jinzo. There's no Black Lotus in Ft. Knox, only Ft. Jinzo
>He is 17 years old, due to being printed in 2000, from the space-time reference point of the base human.
>In reality, he is a timeless being existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe
>Jinzo will guide humanity into a new age of wisdom, peace and love