Which races can breed with humans?

Which races can breed with humans?

From head I know orcs, ogres and elves.

depend on the setting

Theoretically anything that's a mammal should be able to breed with humans, whether or not the offspring is sterile or fertile is up to you.

>Theoretically anything that's a mammal should be able to breed with humans
There is a lot of mammals in our world but we cannot breed with them through.

But yes, I should specify I am talking about the more classical settings (such as DnD).

I'm sorry I meant in regards to races, not animals and such.

What I said still applies. There isn't a 100% canon "who can breed with who" list out there, but the Book of Erotic Fantasy has a fun chart if you want to find it.

Pretty much any playable race has been said at some point or another to have a human hybrid. Although when you get into the scaly kinds (lizardfolk and fish people and such), you only see hybrids when magic is involved.

Any warm blooded bipedal race has had a hybrid at some point or another. Mongrelfolk from the 3.5 Races of Destiny is an example of getting all the bloodlines mixed up. Nothing is really off limits.

That's sounds accurate. Thanks.

No probs, bud.

Go check "The Book of Erotic Fantasy"

Apparently such a table exists >.>

has anyone encountered half-halflings

>the Book of Erotic Fantasy has a fun chart if you want to find it.
That chart is shit and also wrong in certain parts. God, that shitty third party splat really needs to stop being recommended since it has such godawful rules, terrible art, and frankly stupid ideas throughout.

Please stop sending people to that shitty chart.

Just going by official rules: Elf, Orc, Giants (covers ogres as they are giant type), Dragons, Outsiders, Elementals (usually genies and other humanoid elemental races), Fey, Undead under specific conditions, Aberrations under specific conditions, and probably a few more I can't remember. Mul are half human and dwarf but only from Dark Sun. There are other half breeds but they tend to be from unofficial sources.

Whatever gets you off

Devils too right?

Pathfinder has a human only feat, Racial Heritage, that allows them to have ancestry from any humanoid race. Mostly used to access feats, archetypes and abilities normally locked into those races, it also opens up every single thing of the Humanoid type as breeding with humans.

Covered under Outsider. Outsider covers pretty much every metaphysical entity that isnt an elemental.

>terrible art
Uh

The remastered version doesn't have art it has...um...pics.

That aside, I had a friend who was wondering if they could play a halforc/half elf (one parent orc, one parent elf). I said I didn't see why they couldn't, but said that they, mechanically, should pic either half-orc or half-elf.

Does that sound alright? I mean, not the idea, I think the idea is going into mary-sue territory, but mechanically I mean.

>pic

PICK. HOLY FUCK. I look at that book for like a moment and I turn stupid

Depends on what edition you're playing. If it were PF, I'd just say pick one or the other since their stats are pretty equal to each other and give them the Racial Heritage feat with the other race. 3.5 gets a bit tougher since things tend to be a bit unequal in the stats department. 5e I have no idea, go with what you feel is right.

And yeah, it's pics, but they are still utterly shit, and there's a bit of art too (I Think, it's been awhile since i've looked at the book), but it's also shit.

Anything.

How do you think centaurs are born?

Have you ever been to Veeky Forums?

IT DEPENDS ON THE FUCKING SETTING

>Half-Dwarves in fiction is almost non-existent
suffering.

Off the top of my head, humans have been able to crossbreed with the following races in D&D over various editions/settings:

* Orcs
* Elves
* Ogres
* Goblinoids (Half-Goblins in Dragonlance, Half-Hobgoblins in Kingdoms of Kalamar)
* "Pseudo-Elementals" (Genies, Nymphs, Sylphs, etc)
* Fiends
* Celestials
* Dragons
* Gnomes (Krynnish Tinker Gnomes)
* Trolls
* Vampires
* Fey

Those are the only ones I recall off the top of my head, though.

All of them.
None of them.
You can't breed with robots to make cyborgs.
Except sometimes.
Are we playing a game right now?

Get fucked

>half-tinker gnomes
Jesus christ how horrifying

Lol did they hurt your feelings becuase they think fantasy is stupid shit for autistic nerds?

A) Generally speaking, if it's a bipedal sapient, it can probably breed.
B) UNLESS it's of a type : Undead / Plant (even then -MAYBE) / Construct .
C) Further MAYBE on outsiders. Most Angels/devils/demons probably yes. Exotic stuff like elementals probably no. Slaads and Archons? probably not.
D) Dragons breed with everything.
E) Magic is the great equalizer.

>not posting the tg version

What's 6' 2" look like?

Reasons why that chart is shit:
1. Hard to read. It's a horrible mix of a terrible font, not enough spacing and a bunch of Ys and Ns. It has some of the worst sins of graphic design.

2. Too specific for select creatures. Instead of simply grouping certain creatures together under their larger type, it lists specific creatures instead. An example: Dryad, Satyr, Nymph, and Sprite should all be under the group Fey, like others such as Fiends or Giants.

3. Setting specific. Believe it or not, but the listings in the chart are for the BoEF setting that is used in the book. In D&D proper lizardfolk are humanoids who can have the Feytouched template from being with Nymphs.

Perfection

I assume 6'3 is the guy wearing the white shoes in the background of then?

In a general fantasy sense? All of them. Even things that dont normally reproduce that way.

Its like fantasy!humans superpower. Their defining trait.