>"It was alright, I guess."
>mfw

>"So, how'd you like the session today?"
>Pause
>"Can I be entirely honest with you?"

>"So how'd you like the session today?"
>"x is typing......" for 30 minutes
>"it was fun"

As GMs, do you ask your players frequently about how the sessions were?

I've asked maybe once, and that's it.

It hurts, but I at least would rather be told than not be told, so I can try to fix it. Communication is important.

>"So the session still on for today?"
>"Na, I don't feel like it."
>"But we planned this like a month ago."
>"Yeah well I just don't really want to play."
>"Is it something I'm doing as DM?"
>"OH no, you're doing great."

> Continues to "Not feel like it" every fucking week
> Nobody wants to play without him because we got to a part that's important to his character's story

IF IM NOT DOING ANYTHING WRONG THAN HOW COME EVERYONE KEEPS FUCKING BAILING. I CAN HANDLE CRITICISM FOR FUCKS SAKE, JUST TELL ME SO I CAN WORK ON IT.

God, I wish some of my players Dm'ed for once so they know what its like. I really enjoy it but c'mon, sometimes a guy just wants to be appreciated. I always tell my Dm what a great job they are doing and things I liked.

u sound like an entited piece of shit. ur like the stupid fuck that works at subway and puts the sandwich together calls it art and goes "wa la" at the end. just bcus your job title is sandwich artist doesnt mean ur a fucking talented artist u are literally just a dude who puts shit on bread.

ie ur literally just the dude who reads the modules and referees the game. nothin special son.

Not sure what your problem is. GMs put a lot of time, effort and emotion into playing their part, and it's entirely reasonable that they hope to be appreciated for that effort. They aren't a subway employee doing this because they get paid, they're doing it because they enjoy it and hope to entertain their friends. Naturally if your players don't have a good time, you'd feel bad, as it indicates you may be doing something wrong.

He didn't say he was anything special, he's saying he feels like shit because he didn't do a better job.

those cold, dead eyes....

also, there's definitely people who know how to make a good sandwich and those who don't. People who don't tessellate the cheese are the reason god doesn't talk to us anymore.

well who's fuckin fault is that.

>I put so much time effort and emotion into my anime tv manga ripoff #1729471
>I put so much effort into reading the modules i bought off amazon
>I put so much effort into le freeform sandboxx world where i improv shit on the spot and the players are the ones making the story
Yea naw DM is only there to be a rulebook and do math and play the things that fight us. When has there ever been any situation where the DM was nothing more than a guy who follows scripts? when ur job playing the game can be replaced and done way better by a computer uve fucked up already.

middle school is having a spring break right now, aren't they?

>he likes cheese on his sandwich
>"MOMMY! I WANT SWEETS AND CHEESE xD VEGETABLES YUCKY I DONT WANT SPINACH AND TOMATO :("
I bet you're one of those faggots that gets those chicken bbq or oil-drenched shitwiches and says 'its healthy hur hur its subway!"

No, but your mom is.

>well who's fuckin fault is that.
His? That's why he feels like shit? Are you even following this thread at all or are you just looking for an excuse to sperg about how "GMs don't deserve appreciation."

>Down for next week same time?
>Yeah I don't have any plans.

THank you for knowing your place and conseding to me. glad you realize that the easiest fucking job at the table does not deserve any praise.

/mtg/ or just bored?

just bored.

You done?

Yeah.

been there

>"So how' you like the session today?"
>mfw it has ended up like this
>mfw the triggered wizard wanted to fist a lizard to know if it was male or not since he was hugging another that everyone thinks it's also male
>Another player became a werewolf
>Picked the most adorabs picture and acted like a pupper thanks to huge hit on handle animal
Sometimes you can just smile in confusion.

show me on the doll where the GM touched you

be real with your group and write him out