For those who missed information about todays announcment

For those who missed information about todays announcment.

reddit.com/r/LINKTrader/comments/7ky0si/sergey_medium_post_chainlink_an_overview_and_our/

Other urls found in this thread:

smartcontract.com/,
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The guy who aggregated and presented that information deserves some link desu

redditfags are lucky they getting any LINK at all kek

tldr
well i read like 3/4 of it
seems to be just an explanation of how link works. no idea what is new or whats different. something about zeppelins i dunno. clearly they're not marketing this towards idiots so they don't want my money. enjoy your nerdcoin

they just hired a director of marketing you idiot

kinda sounds useful though. something about smart contracts but you can get more data out of them which is somethign maybe ebay or paypal type things could use somehow for some reason i dunno

yeah they need one clearly

nice b8 m8

wish i was baiting. some people aare actuallly dumb and even know that they are dumb. this is what the product does as i, a dumb person, understands it based on what i've read in the few minutes their website was able to hold my attention. this is honest feedback

you dont need to be smart, you just need to listen to smart people who know what they are talking about and ignore the FUDers. You can either buy now for dirt cheap or wait until SWIFT partnership is announced and not make nearly as much money, cause thats when all these dumb people will buy them

if its honest feedback its perfect bait... its perfect poe's law

>something about zeppelins i dunno

that bit especially.

the OpenZeppelin partnership is inherently developer focussed, but its also why this is such a big deal. Chainlink will now become a standard feature of all future dApps.

>yeah they need one clearly

yes... yes they absolutely do. Sergey says't they're still a technically focused team, and I've been the founder of a tech startup that was largely tech focused. there's a million distractions pulling you in a million different directions. As someone sitting on ~25k LINK, I admire that they've focused primarily on tech and major partnerships over marketing and PR. given their team is small, they're doing exactly what they should be doing. the addition of a marketing person will go a long way to catch the market up to the importance of the tech they're making though. this is still very much the ground floor of Chainlink and they need to do a better job at capturing how huge this will be.

>just trust me you dumb fuck
lol no

rumours of a SWIFT partnership, not that i even know what a SWIFT is, are just rumours until confirmed. if i bought on every unconfirmed rumour on biz i'd be buying a new coin every ten minutes

if you respond try to do it without implying that i must not even like money. every pajeet uses that line

>the OpenZeppelin partnership is inherently developer focussed
still no idea what any of that means
i guess developers are the people that code new projects for the chain coin. so that's good. not sure where openzepellin comes in, i could google it, but i don't think i care.

seems the meat here is they hired a marketing director, which is great, because they need one to explain what the fuck an openzeppelin is and why i should care

Zepplin OS is an OS that has a lot of features that deal with smart contracts. ChainLink will be shipped with the OS in order for it function properly. This is just a startup that partnered with LINK. There are other partnerships they just can't say what they are yet because of NDAs and shit.

It's not really a rumour, there is proof that SWIFT is testing a system developed for them that integrates ChainLink technologies. ChainLink won the SWIFT startup competition.

SWIFT is probably the biggest partnership you could land btw, every other organisation will follow.

well why didn't they say that?

check their website smartcontract.com/, it clearly states SWIFT partnership

an operating system for what? home computers? why would anyone use this instead of windows? dude i have no idea, and for that reason i'm out.

oh ok, well it wasn't in their big press release announcement or whatever op is showing us. or maybe it was but written in nerdspeak

>>We're proud to be working with SWIFT on their own SWIFT Smart Oracle. Allowing smart contracts on various networks to make payments, send governance instructions, and release collateral with over 11,000 banks.

that sounds good i guess. not that i understand it. why would anyone go to a bank with chainlink coins? i just can't imagine walking downtown to the cibc with my chainlink coins and "sending goverenence instructions" whatever that means. 11,000 banks accept chainlink? for what?

they should just say something like
"like ethereum, this si smart contracts, but unlike ethereum we allow more information to be embedded and read within the ethereum coin files used to exchange information. this makes our coins more useful to banks and stuff that need to read that sort of dating before touching the money"

You would be out. Can I upsize my fries and get some extra ketchup?

>dating
data

yeah but you gotta pay using money because we still don't accept chainlink governence instructions as payment, no matter how open your zeppelin is

LINK tokens will only be running in the back end, you are unable to send international bank transfers instantly currently it can take days or weeks, with chain links solution it will be instant, so every international bank transfer will be paying fees in LINK tokens to LINK nodes, which will drive the price of LINK tokens to 100x, 1000x, who knows.

Just bought 20k BZC, who cares, maybe it'll get to the normies.

It's an operating system for smart contract developers. So yes, it's not for the common folk. This project is not for the common folk. It'll be used by enterprises as a middleware. Most people wouldn't even know it's being used. It's like you're using Windows that's written in C++ yet you're unaware that windows is written in that language. C++ is used everywhere but people are unaware of it. Same for ChainLink. It'll be used for every blockchain in the back end so regular everyday user wouldn't really know ChainLink is being used.

now its about international bank transfers? why didn't they mention this on their website? oh wait they probably did, in nerdspeak.

anyways isn't that what lumens are for? international money transfering? are these coins direct competiiton for the same uses? i don't think lumens have smart contracts though.

If SWIFT starts using chainlink 1000x is conservative prediction

SELL DA NOOSE ANONS

short answer: chainlink is a decentralized "oracle", which is nerdspeak for something that connects external events (outcome of sports game, the weather, election results, etc.) to the blockchain.

many smart contracts rely on external events, like an item being shipped to a physical address for example. they have no way of doing this on their own, as smart contracts are just lines of code. chainlink is the "link" for blockchain tech to the real world.

Lumens are sending lumens, not FIAT(nerd speak for USD etc), chainlink is a middleware that can be used for many things the potentials are endless but one of the biggest problems it can solve in the real world is international bank transfers.

oh ok, well if it's for developers then they can have it. a nice little developer coin that only developers can understand and buy into. should moon for sure

if only chainlink would hire you guys to write their blogs. i can actually understand most of that.

At the moment it's up to the community to spread the news, as ChainLink has been only focused on landing partnerships and development of projects, which is a fair deicision. The news about them hiring a director of marketing is great because it means now finally we will have people getting paid to inform people about chainlink which means it will likely blow up in the near future assuming he didn't hire a dud.

i also have a problem with all the "nerdspeak" in the crypto space but it reminds me of the early internet and how no one knew wtf anything meant, which semi-reassures me that altcoins are not near their peaks yet, fingers crossed

>777

Heaven itself has blessed you with your crossed-fingers, user. Thank you for summoning such forces.

I expected more hype around the announcement broskies

stinky clonky doesn't need any hype. For now.

You're absolutely right my friend, we're in good hands if we just hold for at least a year.

you guys seem kind of retarded

no offense tho

These posts are a classic example of "my ignorance is better than your knowledge".

Here's a little protip for you: if people like you could fully understand this without a hefty learning process, it would be far too late to make big money off of it.

>These posts are a classic example of "my ignorance is better than your knowledge".
burgers... what you gonna do... :)

Lel that guy spelled it out for you and you still put your head up your ass.
You have no idea what C++ is, yet you use it daily, and billions have been made with it.

I dunno, you seem kind of obsessed desu

how long till SWIFT announcement?