IT'S HERE

IT'S HERE

Other urls found in this thread:

totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-ii-coming-soon/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

skaven best bois

I AM THE HERALD OF THE ONE TRUE GOD

SALAMANDER JESUS

Why the fuck does Warhammer Fantasy get all the good video game adaptations, while WH40K is stuck with Yawn of War and Eternal Crusade?

Generic Fantasy setting is easier to sell to plebs.

Man, 40k got DoW I and II which were awesome. Let the Fantasy fan get some nice game too.
I am not sure a 40k total war could work

Why can the Tomb Kings never catch a break?

At least you have a game to play. We'll never be able to play over a tabletop or paint again so let us have this

Suffering builds character for fans of best faction.

Dawn of War and eternal crusade are great games. This is just fantasy fags falling in love with total war, which all people should do honestly.

Then what the fuck are you doing here?

We had Battlefleet. Yes it was great while it lasted.

I'm 900% certain the tomb kings got rolled into undead so they could drop them.

For the Warhammer Fantasy RPGs of course.

>Why the fuck does Warhammer Fantasy get all the good video game adaptations, while WH40K is stuck with Yawn of War and Eternal Crusade?
Because Fantasy dead and GW allowed good game happened

They'll probably be unlocksble in the future after you pay ten dollars.

That's why currently generic fantasy btfo from vidya, while it's flourish in tabletop games?

Are you retarded or something? Is your idiot wrangler a redshirt that trashed all your books and models once AoS rolled out?
WHFB hasn't been better off since the advent of 8th edition.

Thats a pretty low bar to set really...

I suppose that was melodramatic, but with some grounding in reality: lost my 6th edition army in a fire, moved to Africa with my parents, then returned to find the setting squatted.

I'll take "abandoned in the woods" over an edition of being mostly ignored and another edition of shitting the bed as hard as possible.
At least now people are finally open to 3rd party models and GW doesn't touch the fluff anymore.

>WHFB hasn't been better off since the advent of 8th edition.
TOP FUCKING KEK

There hasn't been any new material worth mentioning since 6th edition died and there are a shitton of suppliers with great miniatures in 28mm, 15mm and 10mm to play with. Moreso than ever, because GW doesn't sue their asses now if they make State Troops that blow pieces of shit from 7th Edition out of the water.

Hey, at least we got Kings of War at the moment Fantasy died. The game is fun and it is very encouraging of cool unit fillers and dioramas--I am experimenting with water effects for my skink units now. Only bummer is that units seem very fragile in most cases. Also it's difficult to support the company outside of the rules because oh fuck Mantic your models are bad.

So where might one find people willing to play, since I imagine the GW stores would refuse to host games?

>Hey, at least we got Kings of War at the moment Fantasy died.
Yeah and none plays it.

Is that a common experience? I only know my area has a bunch of players, quite a bit more than both GW games combined because 0+0 is still zero

I don't see why they would refuse. Probably not actively advertise for it, or set up leagues or something, but it's still their shit. Hell, they still sell the models (mostly). If you and a friend wanted to play, I can't picture a redshirt running up to you guys and stopping you when he sees you bust out the rulebook.

Is Total Warhammer a good game? By which I mean does it both vaguely represent how Fantasy played and is fun in its own right. I see that the Steam reviews are pretty low, which means it's either too good or too bad for morons.

I can't count 3 WHF games that were good, TW:W, mordenheim, and vermintide. Mark of chaos was subpar, same with WAR online.

It sticks extremely close to the representations of the factions both fluff and crunchwise. For example, Demigryph knights actually get bonus against large and are armor piercing. The low reviews are from poorfags complaining about factions being 10 bucks sometimes. If you got rid of all the DLC triggereds it'd probably be around 9.5/10

steam reviews are due to DLC policy beeing jew tier.
The game itself is good.

Also butthurt historical total war fags crying over the one Warhammer game beeing better than all the historical games.

Because WH40K is just Star Wars for edgelords.

>Also butthurt historical total war fags crying over the one Warhammer game beeing better than all the historical games.
So basically just like WHFB fags here?

Fantasy is extremely easy to adapt to the highly successful Total War model. And to be fair, 40k did get Space Marine.

>Also butthurt historical total war fags crying over the one Warhammer game beeing better than all the historical games.

Interesting statement considering historical fans seem to complain most about the features Warhammer lacks compared to Atilla and Shogun 2, as well as the new sieges and general lack of the little details like reloading animations.

Just give it time. When the next total war historical title comes out, they'll stop. It's literally just fear that Warhammer's stripped down features will become standard due to its popularity as opposed to CA just following a style closer to the tabletop, which has been their justification so far and I buy it. But so help me God, if the next historical game has that siege system from Warhammer I will firebomb CA.

I hope they don't broach into the AOS malarkey with this series

I will it drop harder than a case of bricks

Wtf even is the siege system? Every time I try, I get the siege queue shit and think it's built, then maybe it appears maybe it doesn't in my battles. In the end I give up waiting and just throw my zombies and doot doots at a gate until it breaks open, then clog the entryway. Seems to work usually

It's easier to list the bad things than all the good.

The really bad is the sieges. They are incredibly simple and underwhelming compared to earlier TW games, and by a large margin too. This is also really sad when you think of the lore, and the opportunities they missed out on with this.

The rest of the bad is: A few really cool missing diplomatic options from earlier games, factions restrictions on what areas to conquer(fixable by mods) and that some of the factions like greenskin and dwarf lords have nonsensical starting-positions if you know the lore.

Besides this it's the best TW game to date, both mechanically and aesthetically(graphics and animations).
That doesn't mean the game will outshine your nostalgic experience with TW game X, like with my time n Shogun2. But even hardcore fans will admit it's a really good game.

I find the complaining pretty funny after CA stated multiple times that they would be releasing a warhammer trilogy, and the next game would be warhammer 2.
They have also said that they have a historical game in the works, but all of this was somehow completely ignored by a ton of people even after the TW community had been talking about it for months.

Yes they made the trailer release all "mysterious" but only as mysterious as it get's with a countdown screen showing a misty jungle with occasional dinosaur roars in the background. And with all this information available. WITH the warhammer community going "Oh! Lustria! Cool" all over the chat.

>this it's the best TW game
>aesthetically(graphics and animations).
>shitty WHFB aesthetics
>cavalry cannot switch weapon after charge
>soldiers trying to hit air instead of enemies

So what legendary lords are we going to get most likely aside from Mazdamundi, Malekith, and Tyrion? Most likely Teclis and Morathi? What are the odds of Malus Darkblade or Lokhir Fellheart?

ELVES GTFO REEEEEEEE

If I recall correctly, the review scores are fucked because CA pissed off the chinese by cancelling their translation so they spammed a bunch of bad reviews

The way sieges work in Total War Warhammer is how they work on the tabletop iirc. The map is essentially your army on one end, a wall on the other, and your job is to get into the limited area behind the wall. There are no massive city sieges, no baiting your enemy out of the castle, no waiting and using your artillery to destroy towers and walls before marching in, no very limited street to street combat, no burning large sections of the city, it all focuses on your ability to blitz a wall. It's kind of a pisser and honestly gets dull and tedious quickly. I get what they went for, and I respect the idea, but I don't like it and compared to earlier titles it's just not as fun. Especially with all the cool new units, monsters, and magic holy shit they had so much to work with and they just shat the bed.

The game for me is a honestly good game though. As long as those changes and simplifications exist to add a tabletop legitimacy aren't aren't there to stay beyond that. Which I think is the case because they mention something about their Historical team working on a game with 'all the depth fans expect'. Also they're doing God's work with the engine.

Atilla and Shogun where better mechanically, but this is pretty good. I miss the ability to set forests on fire, it would make fighting Tree Hitler a much more enjoyable experience.

>have troops with flamethrowers that jettison flame 80 meters
>don't include the ability to do anything more permanent to the battle map than scorch it
>mfw

Still though. Great game.

>What are the odds of Malus Darkblade or Lokhir Fellheart?
Hellebron

>tfw can't choose between Lizardmen, Dark Elves, and High Elves when the time comes

Probably going to go lizardmen though

certain tier
>mazdamundi
>malekith
>tyrion
>teclis
probable tier
>kroq gar
>morathi
>thanquol
hopefully tier
>ikit claw

Good for CA to recognise where to invest the budget

What exactly about either of those two posts strikes you as bait?
Or did you think Eternal Crusade and Dawn of War were good games?

Because making games is a difficult, time-consuming and expensive process requiring a wide variety of talent, very little room for error due to time constraints, and a childish audience that gets off on being snobs.

none of those would be problems if teams were competent

>Be Skaven bro
>Barely play TW:WH1 because of no Skaven
>Eagerly await the next game, which will surely have Skaven
>Watch trailer
>Hop up in down in my seat chanting SKAVEN SKAVEN SKAVEN
>Hug my Queek Headtaker plush toy as I await the Skaven reveal
>See the new factions
>Fuck off gay pepemen
>Fuck off fag Elves
>Trailer cuts to black and logo comes up
>Don't see any Skaven
>I immediately REEEEEEEEE and through my computer across the room
>Kick my baby brother across the room
>Claw at mommys face while yelling WHERE ARE THEY SKAVEN. Mommy doesnt even know what a skaven is
>Later found out that there's a little teaser of Skaven at the very end

whoops.

>Malus Darkblade
free post launch addition like other fan favourites like grombindal and vlad
>Lokhir Fellheart
screams for being part of a grim&grave style dlc along with karybdis and black arcs pirates

because vampires are cooler

I predict TW3 will have Tomb Kings, Ogres, Chaos Dwarves, and Daemons though. Setting will be darklands/Nehekhara/mountains of morn

You forgot kroak under "definitely"

*hisses in lizard*

>Queek Headtaker plush toy
pics or it didn't happen

kroak is definitely not coming for launch since we have the emperor mazda himself as slann representative among the LL

given kroak is just a remodel that doesn't need new animations it will definitely be a free addition

>Tomb Kings
they are coming sooner since we have got the southlands in this game

I want game 3 to have the realm of chaos as part of the map

Yeah, I do enjoy the game. I'm shit at it, and have to play on easy mode to not get shitstomped early on, but it's enjoyable. Just kinda sad that, in a way, how Empire: Total War actually inspired me to play Empire on tabletop, and blasting the fuck out of cities with cannons from afar until there weren't even walls left to defend, then running hordes of pikemen in to kill doesn't translate in this game, of setting up hellblaster volleyball guns and mortars to collapse Castle Drakenhof to the ground, before my dirty angry hobo Free Company takes to the streets.

*chants in homotherm*

We're getting southlands in warhammer 2 so tomb kings are all but confirmed.

No Kroak?

which clans are gonna get represented do you think?

Clubs and friends, mate. The way wargames were meant to be played.

nah, it's most like going to be tehenhuan

having one slaan, one saurus and one skink makes sense

I kinda liked the bloodbowl skink design better

>What are the odds of Malus Darkblade or Lokhir Fellheart

Low, unless they introduce Legendary Agents.

only the major four and clan mors, i'dd say. Clan mors possibly as dlc, with a quest to join the council of 13.
the rest aren't relevant enough

You wasted GBP for nothing. Tendies come to the patient, friend.

Who was the named Sarus Lord? It's been so long I can't recall, but I thought that they were all just Heroes. Totally the inner autist in me assuming a Hero rank character from tabletop doesn't qualify as a legendary lord, but I thought CA had stuck with that all fairly decently.

I really hope they don't just start with clan pestileens and give you access to the whole horde

kroq gar

The guy with the bionic arm and carnosaur.

>CLAN SKULLY
>Clan Sjully's warriors try to emulate the agents of Clan Eshin, but their clunky armour clanks as they move and their red cloaks stand out a mile away.

lol they litteraly gave Clan Eshin an autist little brother!

kroq gar

"Skaven" will be a faction, with technology to unlock Skyre, Eshin and Moulder units

Pestilens will probably be in the Southlands as second start pos (CA said each LL has a different startpos, so Thanquol is in Lustria and Pestilens dude in the Southlands or something)

Then you will have NPC clans from both Southlands and Lustria, but they will be just recolor of normal skaven. I'd say Morbidus, Septik and Spittl will skaven around the campaign map

They will have Nurglitch leading skaven in Lustria just like they made Azhag alive at the same time as Grimgor. Mark my words.

>tfw a slann in 3 seconds has displayed more expressions than the elves through the whole trailer

>where are my rat tendies.jpg

>Tiktaq'to will not be a leader
REEEEE, HE KILLED BELAKOR.

Isn't quite the point that high elves are stoic badass dudes with no expression?

I guess dark elf witches should've had more expressive raging expressions but Malekith, well, he does what he can.

I mean, having the three guys with dinobot mounts as LLs would make sense, but skavengenocide's got more narrative significance.

I think nurglitch was still alive up to the end times, considering that upon return from the first campaign to lustria and the creation of the new clan he got a seat at the table of 13 with access to the long life elixir; or at least another pestilent rat that got the same name/title was anyway.

the problem with nurglitch would be animating it; we'll see if giant rats as mounta for skaven warlords are in by launch

Kroq "Laser Hand" Gar

He rides a Carnosaur and is pretty much the template for all Saurus Lords.
Hes got very little personality but thats par the course for lizardmen characters.

Fuck you the original DOW was and still is one of the best RTS of all time.

If you ignore Soulstorm

When you're a man dinosaur with a laser hand riding a T-Rex, you don't really need any more personality.

Wait, so we aren't gonna get to have every faction on a single huge WHF world map?

this could have been an expansion pack. Total war wont have any more of my money.

>great while it lasted
What happened?

every pestilens leader is named nurglitch. They assume his position and name after assassinating the previous one

yes we will, how the hell do people still not understand this.

You will, but that functionality won't be in at immediate release and with be patched in or be FreeLC.

I only played the game for a few months after release and haven't kept up with the development much. My impression was that everything would be released as add ons to the main game but unless I'm mistaken (I probably am) it looks more like the Ceasar campaign for Rome 2 where it's just new maps that are separate from the main game.

It's a fat frogman with godlike power, of course it's gonna trump some uptight elves

Here you go user.

totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-ii-coming-soon/

>When you tell cucklis to NOT break the NAP and breach your private property
>He does so you have to murder him using tactical recreational deliverances of itza.