Space Civilizations

All these civilizations now exist in the same setting.

How crazy does it get?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.spacebattles.com/threads/doctor-who-feats-and-source-thread.298198/page-3#post-14524470
forums.spacebattles.com/threads/doctor-who-feats-and-source-thread.298198/page-43#post-20746051
youtube.com/watch?v=q2nNzNo_Xps
kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Final_Bosses
kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Bosses
kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Kirby_(series)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_conflicts_in_Ireland
kirby.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Copy_Abilities
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The multiverse becomes uninhabitable as soon as Unicron and the reality bomb destroy the continuum.

Also, identify all of them.

Transformers 1

Code lyco team 3

Combine 6

Dalek 10
Enclave11
15 Ginyu Force and thus Freizas empire
Gurren laagan dudes
Imperium of Man
Holy shit I forgot everythign about Invader Zim's race name
Thundercats and some other shit
Green Lantern Corps
Yautja something
Rebellion from star wars
The fucking Twili
Tyranigs? Brood?

>zim's race
Irkens.

Daleks kill off everyone else with ease and rule the multiverse forever in an eternal dalek utopia.

>Rebellion from star wars

Some of these wouldn't even make the table, like fucking Zeon. Those idiots barely managed to control a handful of O'Neil Colonies without gassing and dropping a few.

>zeon
>no efsf

18. Hyperion Corporation from Borderlands
25. The fucking Mooninites from Aquateen Hunger Force
34. The Zentradi (if it was Macross in general it would have an OP faction.)
35. The Princepality of Zeon (probably the weakest faction on here)

discounting some of the more outlandishly powerful factions here (daleks and autobots specifically unless i'm missing something here)

imperium and empire might become allies , hyperium gets integrated with them.

Zerg and the the homeworld gems cannot coexist in any capacity, irkens be raiding the ruining everything they touch and the twili will be fleeing back to their realm and barricading the portal.

I don't think the boss from kirby super star is a civilization. He's just a big machine that can grant wishes.

Chaos still wins.

>Implying Unicron doesn't eat chaos itself.

Pretty sure Gurren Lagann automatically wins because HOT BLOODED overrides everything else, including reality. It is explicitly broken-ass bullshit.

4: Mass effect logo
22: GL's
23: Federation
26: Kirby Planet Robobot
31: I know that symbol from somewhere I can't place it though

Well if the wish-star thing from kirby is in there as well a whole lot of these factions are gonna go and try to get it. Its never said if it has any limits and while it can be destroyed i do recall some lore saying that kirby is actually very, very strong in his universe so its hard to gage.

galaxy wide war

however out of the ones i recognize i feel like dai-gurren, the enclave & the impierum of man would get along because of their HFY agendas

nothing short of shattering a gem can kill them and the daleks would be too busy fighting the borg to do anything of note if their encounter with the cybermen is anything to go by

Now I really want to play agame in a setting like this

01. Transformers
10. Doctor Who / Daleks
15. Steven Universe / Gem Homeworld
17. Gurren Lagann
20. Invader Zim / Irken
21. Thundercats
22. Green Lantern, DC comics
31. EarthBound / Starmen
33. Homestuck / Troll session

4 is the specific symbol for the Citadel Races of Mass Effect

this user right now

Can anyone name all of these?

1st row:
>Transformers Autobots
>Star Trek Borgs
>?
>Mass Effect ?
>?
>HL Combine

2nd row:
>?
>Halo Covenant
>?
>Doctor Who Daleks
>Fallout Enclave
>Mass Effect ?

3rd row:
>?
>?
>Steven Universe Gem Authority
>?
>Gurren Lagann Kamina's Group
>Borderlands Hyperion Corporation

4th row:
>WH40k Imperium of Man
>Invader Zim Irkens
>Thundercats
>Green Lantern Corps
>?
>?

5th row:
>?
>?
>Predator Yautja Clans
>?
>Star Wars Galactic Empire
>Infinity ?

6th row:
>?
>?
>Homestuck ?
>?
>Ur-Quan
>Vorlons

7th row:
>?
>?
>?
>?
>SIEG ZEON
>Starcraft Zerg

It's basically a giant wish granting neko god that grants whatever you want to your hearts content.

The first one was used by Marx to be the ruler of Popstar and the sun and moon joined forces to stop it from granting while Kirby destroyed from the inside.
The second one gained sentience by absorbing the previous owner's consciousness and wanted to fulfill his wish of eternal prosperity by eliminating all organic lifeforms in the universe. The former owner was assimilated into the machine with his soul existing within in, only there that he finally realized that his only wish was to see his long lost daughter who suffered an accident relating to said machine. The AI finally realized that the owner's soul was trying his damnest not to make the wish a reality, so in the end it sucks up Kirby inside the machine allowing him to delete all memories about the deceased owner soul. The machine finally gains full control over what to do, but Kirby destroys at the end.

Yay Kirby

Everything gets cancer from being in proximity to Steven Universe and dies

05. The Star League (BattleTech/MechWarrior)

Well as i said i dint know how powerful it was because in the game it physically went to pop star instead of magicly blowing it up. pretty sure i remember something like that...

03. Chozo (Metroid)

forums.spacebattles.com/threads/doctor-who-feats-and-source-thread.298198/page-3#post-14524470

I know what I'm talking about here, daleks kill everyone.

I'm actually going to have to go with #7. The King of All Cosmos is basically god, and can replace anything the other factions destroy by bullying his son into rolling stuff up.

It was probably going to do something similar to how the second clockwork star invaded in Planet Robobot. Maybe it depends on the wish being made on how they will grant it since the newer one was counting down to cause universal genocide in a weird kaleidoscopic tunnel.

>Daleks want to destroy everything in the Universe, get repeatedly foiled by one dude in a phone booth.

>King of All Cosmos knocks all the stars out of the sky on a bender, replaces them with random shit his son rolls up in some Japanese people's backyard.

Yeah, he's way outside the power level of anything else here.

You might know about Daleks, but you obviously don't know about Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

This is an setting with weapons capable of "hitting every single point of space and time simultaneously"

And then there is Unicron from Transformers. An eternal force of entropy itself, that will eventually devour all matter and energy in the universe, and then warp to a whole new universe to start all over again.

Listen, I don't recognize every setting on that image, I can agree that Daleks are in the top tier, But they aren't undisputed winners. I, too, read the VS threads on spacebattles.

Aaron Dembski-Bowden pls go and stay go

Well, the first civilization to attack popstar is in for a rude awakening, i can tell you that much.

>Rebellion from star wars

I honestly only recognize a few of them.

Culture win every time.
>inb4 no culture on this image. I don't care

The Daleks took on a race of practiced time travelers, and were winning.

Even if someone else would come out on top of them, the fight will probably destroy a better part of the universe.

I'm sorry, I'm not enough of a nolifer to recognise more than a couple.

>And then there is Unicron from Transformers

Unicron is not an Autobot, and thus not part of the giant pile-up. That first logo is exclusively the Autobot faction from Transformers, not every being in their universe.

Even so, Gurren Lagann is plenty enough to contain and curb-stomp the Daleks if they get out of hand.

>Even if someone else would come out on top of them, the fight will probably destroy a better part of the universe.

Yes, but only because Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann will merge the better part of the universe into one giant robot with which they smack the Daleks into paste. There is no top that TTGL doesn't go over. They literally have a galaxy fight, tossing them at eachother like snowballs.

Oh yea. You dont fuck with the star warriors, man. From what ive heard kirby is only a child and with the right power can fuck you up something fierce.

Isn't Primus an Autobot?

Is #2 the Seraphim, from SupCom?
If so, they win.

Daleks are multiverses breakers. they stalemated the time lords and treated universal destructions across the multiverse like collateral damage.

Another problem comes down to the fact that TTGL and dalek's methods of fighting are totally incompatible. time active civilizations in whoverse almost never engages in dirty dakka fighting and usually isn't defeated by those means either, whereas hitting something really hard with either a fist or a drill is all Team Gurren knows how to do.

>The universe convulsed. For a moment, time itself held it's breath. Then it let it out again in a chaotic amalgam of past, present and future. Might-have-been and could-have-done crashed into what-if and never-was.
>Caught at the edge of the temporal wave, the TARDIS rode out the storm. The first the Doctor knew of it was when the ground dropped from under his feet and his head cracked into the console.
>High above his head, the roof of the TARDIS had faded into a view of the contorted star systems as they folded in on themselves. Stars went nova; black holes collapsed; planets collided and spun away into oblivion. Several whole galaxies vanished from history - never having existed. The view and the readings from the instruments that were still working told him everything he needed to know.

Daleks became resistant to De-mat guns, DE-MAT GUNS!

This. No matter what the others have, they don't have the power to literally throw entire galaxies around.

Look up "the time war" before you post, Veeky Forums.

Jesus Christ this board.....

Only one of these factions was able to delete universes on a consistent basis in their war and stalemated the guys who rule(d) the multiverse.

daleks.....curbstomp.

>Voyager above Enterprise
mild reeeeeee

VOY is at least weird and crazy. ENT is just kind of boring.

Look up "American Kirby" before you post, /co/mblr.
Jesus Christ this board.................
Only one of these factions was able to swallow universes on a consistent basis in his quest to get back his cake and stalemated the guys who ruled(were) all dreams.
kirby...........super tuff cream puff

Also doctor who is really gay. You have lots of "universe-ending super threats!!!" but all they ever do is shuck, jive, stand around akwardly, sometimes mind control the sidekick, and insult the queen. I can understand why the british love the show so much, but on an objective scale the powers that be, whether they're heroes or villains, aren't nearly as powerful or capable as they always proclaim(again, much like the british).

Read the goddam feats thread.
forums.spacebattles.com/threads/doctor-who-feats-and-source-thread.298198/page-43#post-20746051

This is the stuff that daleks fought against and stalemated with.

Fuck off /v/ermin.

>DOCTOR: Ah. It's rather as I feared. We're in the Axis.
>PERI: The Axis?
>DOCTOR: Yes. It's, er, a complex. Look, are you sure you want to hear this? We'll be on our way before
>PERI: Doctor!
>DOCTOR: Right, well, er, imagine the spokes of a bicycle wheel. Each spoke is a damaged or truncated reality, a sort of dead-end in Time. They're formed by changes in established history, some big, some relatively small, which cause the flow of subsequent events to spiral out of control. Often catastrophically.
>PERI: And the Axis is the spindle, right?
>DOCTOR: Exactly. The hub that maintains and regulates the truncated realities, and ensures that the contamination doesn't spread to the primary timeline.
>ERIMEM: What?
>DOCTOR: Oh. Well, it (sighs) It's like cauterising a wound to make sure the infection doesn't spread.
DEEPEST LORE
youtube.com/watch?v=q2nNzNo_Xps
Can your daleks eat time machines, dark matter, and nightmares themselves? I don't think so. The daleks destroy Kirby's picnic food, kirby gets pissed, genocides the daleks, swallows whatever timeline they were ever in, genocides the timelords when they try and stop him from doing that, and then Kirby returns to popstar so he can buy some pork roast. Read the goddamn wiki.
kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Final_Bosses
kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Bosses
kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Kirby_(series)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_conflicts_in_Ireland
kirby.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Copy_Abilities

Time lords removed magic from the multiverse because it was irrational so yes.

So kirby swallows a timelord and undoes it with his newfound mastery of math and having the universe bend in his favor. Also, if there's anything I remember from my time watching Dr. Who it's that there is no consistency and whenever the writer wants to do something he does it, plotholes be damned. So you can say the timelords removed magic, but the timewar is still going on, and thent the daleks un-un-un-removed magic. Dr. Who is the longest five year old imaginary fight in the history of sci-fi.
>Your armor blocks bullets? Well my gun removes matter itself!
>Your gun removes matter? Well my armor adds matter!
>Well my gun goes back in time and removes the armor!
>WELL MY ARMOR GOES BACK EVEN FURTHER IN TIME AND REMOVES THE LASER
It's called lazy writing. Dr. Who would be better if they stopped pretending there was logic in their universe and made it fantasy.
>so yes.
So yes what?

Why the fuck is ADVENT on this chart?

The Ethereals couldn't even hold a single planet for more than a few decades, despite the fact they have an entire fucking conclave of aliens invaders.

Replace that shit with XCOM.

Including TTGL seems unfair. It's like including Saitama. They literally have infinity+1 power.

Demonbane vs Kirby.
Go.

The imperium shall hold the line against all threats.

The imperium fucks everyone over.

The Imperium wouldnt even be able to beat the Zentradi, much less all of the threats in OPs image at once.

What the IoM considers a weapon of last resort, the Zentradi call standard operations. The Zentradi have scout fleets that eclipse major Imperial crusades. The Zents literally cant field a ground unit smaller than a Warhound Titan, and that they can field in the billions.

40k claims it is only war, but the Zentradi dont even have a word for civilian.

Quick everyone, make power tier lists! Or contribute to/fix this one. Or don't bother and focus on aspects that aren't sheer physical might since tier lists are pretty retarded anyway but who cares as long as everyone has fun.

BROKEN-ASS REALITY BENDER TIER
King of All Cosmos
Gurren Lagann
Daleks

UNIVERSAL DESTRUCTION TIER
Autobots

WILL WRECK YOUR GALACTIC SHIT TIER
Imperium of Man
Gem Empire (Steven Universe)
The Empire (Star Wars)
Troll Empire (Homestuck)

SERIOUS SECTOR SAVAGES TIER
Ur-Quan (Star Control 2)

CAN PROBABLY FUCK UP A FEW SYSTEMS TIER
Galactic Nova (Kirby Super Star)

PLANETARY CONQUEST TIER
Starmen (unless you count Giygas, in which case ???)

AY LMAO NO CHANCE IN HELL TIER
???

Yautja and fucking mooninites definitely go to the bottom.

>Green lanterns for universal destruction tier.

>Chozo and irkins for the "will wreck your galactic shit" tier.

>The twili, Hyperion, xcom, aliens, enclave and thundercats all go to the 'AY LMAO tier.

We haven't seen the Zerg Swarm (Star Craft) fuck up any shit beyond the Koprulu Sector, so you can place them under Serious Sector Savages.

For that matter, may as well place the Terran Dominion and Protoss Conclave there too (though I think the Protoss might be capable of some galactic-fuckery provided they have time to build up their forces before wartime).

The Combine (Half Life 2) might be in Universal Destruction or Galactic Shit tier, because they are described as being a massive multiversal empire. The Overwatch in charge of Earth was only a miniscule fraction of the Combine's military might, mostly made up of the local species (human combine soldiers) and a few synths. And they still managed to take over a modern Earth in 7 hours.

The Gremlins (Spiral Knights) are the ones from that orange gear-looking emblem next to Gurren Lagann. They're furry shit. Ay Lmao tier.

Theres only one Mass Effect emblem on the image, and its...the emblem for the Spectres, which makes no sense, so assuming the creator is autistic, The Reapers are in Galactic Shit tier. They cucked the Milky Way Galaxy for countless extinction cycles and are theoretically infinite in number.

That's all I know.

Y'know, things that try to eat Chaos tend to become Chaos. Imagine Chaos Unicron.

Malal?

>the emblem for the Spectres
probably meant to signify the Citadel Council as a whole, and seeing as there's no real insignia for them that's the closest there is.

feddies are faggots

The Daleks kill everyone. gg no re.

See, the problem is that we're dealing with multiple kinds of reality-breaking, each one being the end-all be-all of their setting. Which kind comes out on top?

>Imagine Chaos Unicron.
So, pretty much just Unicron.

> Which kind comes out on top?
Depends on the author. If they each get to keep their own lore and home-universe power level, Gurren Lagan and the Daleks will be the last survivors, and everyone else will be crushed by accident during their fight. King of all Cosmos _might_ register as a blip, before Gurren Lagan rolls him up in a katamari made of galactic clusters, and chucks it at the Daleks.

Eventual winner is TTGL, because like the Cybermen said, the only thing Daleks are superior at is dying.

Would the SupCom races go in UNIVERSAL DESTRUCTION or GALACTIC SHIT?

> Kirby kirby kirby kirby
Er, Kirby isn't on there.
Square 5-2? That's Galactic Nova, who is from the Kirby game, but very much isn't Kirby - just like the Zentradi symbol means "the Zentradi" and doesn't include any other races from Macross, The Daleks don't come with the weeping angels, and the Autobots don't come with Unicron (since he's literally the opposite of an Autobot), Kirby's not involved in this particular cluster-fuck.

Comprehensive list of who's who and what's that: (only missing four entries)

Row 1
Autobots (Transformers)
Borg (Star Trek)
Chozo (Metroid)
Citadel race (Mass effect)
Star League (Battletech/Mechwarrior)
Combine (Half Life)
Row 2
King of all Cosmos (Katamari Damacy)
Covenant (Halo)
Cylon Command (Battlestar Galactica)
Daleks (Dr. Who)
Enclave (Fallout)
Advent (XCom 2)
Row 3
Florans (Starbound)
Ginyu Force (Dragonball Z)
Gem Homeworld (Steven Universe)
The Gremlins (Spiral Knights)
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Hyperion Corporation (Borderlands)
Row 4
Imperium of Man (Warhammer 40K)
Irken (Invader Zim)
Thundercats
Green Lantern Corps (DC Comics)
Corneria (Star fox)
???
Row 5
Mooninites (Aqua Teen Hunger Force)
Galactic Nova (Kirby Super Star)
Yaujta (Predator)
???
The Empire (Star Wars)
???
Row 6
Starmen (Earthbound)
???
Troll Session (Homestuck)
Midna? (Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Ur-Quan Kzer-za (Star Control)
Vorlons (B5)
Row 7
(Mighty Jack)
Yip Holding LLC (Investment company in Arlington Texas?)
Bandle City (League of Legends)
Zentradi (from Macross)
The Princepality of Zeon (Gundam)
Zerg (Starcraft)

It doesn't matter, either one is super underpowered here

I've got my eye on all you little shits, you better not cause any trouble.

If Giygas is involved pretty much no one else wins, since Giygas is literally a cosmic horror who could only be beaten in his INFANT FORM by a trans-dimensional meta being lending it's power to a group of psychic children. If Giygas survives to maturity I doubt there is anything short of Demonbane that could do shit against it.

Daleks retcon him.

I only recognize a few factions on this chart, but let's see if I can come up with something interesting.

Since they're the biggest immediate threats to the other factions, we'll have The Daleks and team Dai-Gurren (Gurren Lagann) encounter each other first. The Daleks use whatever tech they think would best deal with the moon sized battleship these humans somehow acquired, but Dai-Gurren quickly counters the Daleks with their HOT BLOODED WILLPOWER and drags them into a pocket dimensions where they fight uninterrupted.

For some strange reason the other factions were more spread out so it took them longer to encounter each other.

The Covenant, Gems, Irkan Empire, Imperium of Man, and Mooninites would all be the first ones to start shooting each other, and everyone else. However while the other groups were sitting by and waiting to see what happens, the Borg would come in and start trying to assimilate someone, probably Autobots or Green Lanterns, forcing an alliance to combat this new threat.

The Citadel Council, Autobots, and Green Lantern Corps would all team up against the Borg. I think with the Lanterns and Autobots they could beat them, but if the Borg can quickly adapt to and replicate their tech then they're screwed.

While this is going on the Galactice Empire would be off conquering primitive planets for slaves. resources, and recruits to increase their chances of success once there's a good opportunity to strike. During these expeditions they'd encounter the Enclave and Hyperion Corporation, giving them some very valuable new allies and weaponry. However the Empire would also encounter and subsequently piss off the Thundercats, Yautja, and Zerg,

After seeing how terrible the Empire is the Thundercats would attempt to start their own galctic rebellion or resistance. While the Yautja may not be an interstellar empire they do have space travel, and after the Empire attempts to invade their homeworld they'd definitely become a target of the Predators. The Zerg could probably be the biggest threat if the Empire lets it spread. They'd need to perform orbital bombardments on every Zerg infested planet or else face the wrath of the swam. However if Kerrigan is commanding the Zerg then they'd take way heavier losses.

What I'd like to see is Macross humanity vs. the Orz. Dancing worked so well for the Androsynth.

King of All Cosmos gets The Prince to roll him up.

well sensibly the anti-spirals would've toasted half these guys before the other half so much as got off their planets, so not as crazy as you're imagining

Imperium and Empire might, if they can get over Palpatine clearly being a psyker, as well as Vader.

Honestly the main problem with imperium allying with anyone is that they would need to begin worshipping the god-emperor before anything other than a ceasefire is even considered.

Kirby eats Demonbane, gains Demonbane powers, is now power of Demonbane+Kirby, wins. Doesn't matter if all heroes are also demonbane, kirby still adds an extra Kirby on top of that

Great choice of tiers.

Giygas for universal destruction (it's like a heavy hitter from the Cthulhu mythos but he's proactive and has time travel). Maybe reality-bender due to time shenanigans but he's really not on the same tier as the Daleks when it comes to that shit.

Chozo for "will wreck your galactic shit." Their technology beats pretty much anything that pretends to run on physics.

Borg and Zerg for serious sector savages (and also a potentially terrifying fusion) due to that being their roles in their settings. Corneria too: team Starfox could mop the floor with a lot of stuff from the next tier up but there's only one of those and things like the Imperium of Man are so huge that they'd barely notice Fox wiping out systems one by one.

Cylons for "fuck up a few systems" tier.

I don't know half these guys. But Autobots fighting Zentradi, who are about the same size as them, while both sides are mistaking the Predators (and some of the other guys) as the humans sounds like fun.
Daleks vs Zentradi would be extra crazy. Shipwise, with the z's only being defeatable by boarding actions with internal explosions, and the d's only being defeatable in melee, and both ships being basically air force carriers the fight will become a big fireworks display.

feddies won the war

all 4 wars

>whereas hitting something really hard with either a fist or a drill is all Team Gurren knows how to do.

I don't think you really understand how far Team Gurren will go to fuck your shit. These guys fought beings who could shit Big Bangs for fun.

Spiral Power is bound by one thing and it's not time or space or physics or logic. TTGL could probably drill through a timeline and then punch the concept of your metaphysical ass so hard that you ceased to exist in any state other than a state of cosmic whoopass, so long as the crew believed in themselves enough.

Believing in yourself isnt the only boundary on spiral power use. Otherwise a single overconfident idiot too stupid to know he can fail would blow to 100% spiral power instantly.

Different people can channel varying amounts of spiral power. Simon was a freak of nature, most spiral warriors didnt have his abilities.

And the fight against the Antispirals showed that even vast amounts of Spiral Power can be defeated. The Spiral Graveyard trap killed a LOT of legendary spiral warriors, and even Simon was powerless against it.

Likewise, you may remember that while Simon himself won the fight, TTGL was destroyed. Their biggest baddest mech was objectively defeated.

>Different people can channel varying amounts of spiral power. Simon was a freak of nature, most spiral warriors didnt have his abilities.
True, but the faction flag here is definitely Team Dai-Gurren. So they have Simon and all his OP spiral-channeling ability.

>And the fight against the Antispirals showed that even vast amounts of Spiral Power can be defeated
Mostly it just showed that no possible defence will hold off Spiral energy forever. The anti-spirals controlled the universe for thousands (millions?) of years, but eventually were overcome anyway. You cannot win forever in a universe that has spiral power in it. Even if you think you suppressed it, conquered it, or tricked it, it will escape your trap and come at you again in a new way.

>Likewise, you may remember that while Simon himself won the fight, TTGL was destroyed. Their biggest baddest mech was objectively defeated.
The mecha was merely a container for the Spiral Energy. Like humans, or drills, or basically everything else in the Gurren-verse. Get enough spiral energy in one place and you first get life, then humans, then mechs, and finally heaven-piercing technology. Leeron comments on it during one of the first space battles, about how strange it is that in the span of a decade he's gone from barely able to read to running an inter-stellar battleship.

Spiral Power is the energy of Evolution and Winning, and will regrow from literally nothing to break all boundaries. It's the inverse of Entropy, more a fundamental law of that universe than an actual physical object. To fight against it is to literally fight Fate, which is why the Anti-Spirals were so sad; from their perspective they were trapped in a Greek tragedy.

The best outcome anyone who encounters a Spiral Universe can hope for, is that they leave for a completely different universe before things get too crazy.

Combine are being underrated. They are multidimensional and everything we see of them in the HL series are a prepackaged, non-military skeleton crew that mainly uses the Earth's own resources against it. Everything else we see in the HL series are world-ending threats running from the Combine.

They'd give the Daleks a run for their money if the Nids or Borg don't hard counter them through some adaptive fuckery. Top tier should be reserved for multiverse empires and time travellers.

Not nothing. We dont actually know the details on how spural power first started, but unlike getter rays spiral power doesnt seem self aware. It requires compatible life to amplify and direct it. Without a user, it doesnt exist.

Spiral power users die all the time. If the antispirals had killed all of the spiral races instead of just population control, and kept killing them whenever a new one showed up, spiral power would have never recovered.