Posted without comment

Posted without comment

By any means necessary.

I like it.

/k/omba/tg/amers are bros.

Veterans make some really great /hwg/ and play mostly for fun in my experience. I reallylove playing with someone who knows the fluff AND the crunch of any war game.

I give this thread a thumbs up

>playing war games while in an actual war
These are some dedicated fa/tg/uys.

Being in the military made me realize how popular certain hobbies are. Tabletop gaming is huge in the military and I don't know why both young and old (enlisted or commissioned) have either played, still play or show interest in it.

And the navy is full of fucking weebs.

I've sold warhammer to army bros. My old FLGS was right across the base in San D and was a military pun. It's in their blood, man.

For some reason I've got the mental image of a dude, painstakingly assembling and painting a squad of guardsmen only to name them after their old army buddies.

At Ease games?

Correct my dude. I used to shop there a lot at their old location, the one by the base was a little far for me.

when I joined the army i was shocked at how many people played 40k and D&D. They weren't even typical fa/tg/uys. they were normal dudebro types who spend their weekends drinking beer and banging hookers.

I know a guy who was mechanized infantry. he plays mech guard and tries his hardest to make sure his men survive. gives every single one of them carapace armour. It's mildly amusing.

My platoon in basic training for the Army was called the blood ravens with the same sign and everything

I hope they stole all the streamers.

Military work can get pretty boring. Gotta do something to pass the time.

Sean Spicer is both a Commander in the Naval Reserve and a Gundam cosplayer. It checks out.

I had to google it because I thought you were shitting me but holy fuck it's true. He at least cosplayed as RX-78 though; the man has good taste in robots.

It was Spicer taking the picture, not in the costume (that cosplayer is tiny, as opposed to Spicer's Frankenstein-like stature).

I enlisted in the Air Force 9 years ago, now. During basic, I shattered my knee (not even a cool story, i got hit by a car on base) and got placed on medical hold for I months while my knee healed. When we found out one of the exchanges sold Magic cards, several of us smuggled them into our bunk and we'd play during lights out. Made dice out of soap and played D&D (mostly from memory )with another trainee who was a moderately experienced DM. Veeky Forums stuff was really the only thing to do during the boring monotony of waiting.

>I shattered my knee (not even a cool story, i got hit by a car on base)
lol I shattered my hand by punching a door that was jammed shut.

Aww. Either way it's pretty cool. Someone should ask him if he thinks the Zeong looks better with or without legs.

Lurk Trumpgen about this time of night and ask TrumpNightlyNews. He may or may not be Spicer (mostly a matter of board lore).

This needs to be bested. Somebody needs to play a game in Kim's office. Or in that one mosque where ISIS was declared.

What about a game of Monopoly in Lenin's tomb?

A game of Diplomacy in Communist Berlin?

He also hates dip n dots.

Monopoly is anti-capitalist propaganda though, the entire point of the game is that the stock market is supposed to be completely arbitrary.

Society tries to make our hobbies seem like they're for the "weak bookish" types. But once you get men away from women and the constant eye of mainstream society, you find that our half of the species was meant to play wargames and play out scenarios like gods overlooking a battlefield.

This post is some of the cringiest shit I've ever seen, but honestly, it's probably 100% correct.

Presumably, this was back when wh40ks mechanics made it superior to the real war.

And the percentage will only go up as people like you fail to reproduce.

>something praises masculinity
>ew top cringe
Post testosterone levels, nu-male

A whole heap of my sigs unit was deeply into MTG to the point the filthy degenerates would hunt down boxes of cards instead of getting wildly drunk and locked up in jail while on leave like normal people.
Part of that was my fault for locking them up in a dark room full of flashing lights and white noise, but I'm not taking all the responsibility.

I have also heard someone yell 'blood for the blood god!' on enemy contact, no fucking idea who but they where americans.

>I have also heard someone yell 'blood for the blood god!' on enemy contact
itbegins.jpg

M8 this is how we get actual chaos gods. Cut that shit out.

I'd be lying if screaming that during LARP doesn't hype me the fuck up though

>that pic
Somebody needs to shop Patrick Chapin in there.

replied without reading

They were a gift!

How you get chaos gods is if one of the enemies shouts out 'SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE".

>Cut that shit out.
I thought the problems started when you're the only one hearing it?

Honestly the stereotype of wargaming being for nerds only hasn't been true for at least 2 decades.

>our team networked our personal laptops and we played Diablo II and Starcraft in Afghanistan
>whole det(at least all the team guys) played MtG while training for Korea/deployed there
>did more LANs in the Philippines and some of the guys at our unit command element played Call of Cthulhu once a week

There's a fair amount of us out there.