Players who decide what type of character they want to play before they roll their stats

>Players who decide what type of character they want to play before they roll their stats

>rolling for stats

>cheating at stats by just choosing what you want

I bet you don't even roll for your starting spell when making a Magic-User.

yep.

>Cheating at the entire game by expressing free will outside the boundaries your DM has set.

>I'm so assblasted that I might roll low on my stats that I literally have to change the subject to project my fannyflaming onto someone else

It's quite simple, if you don't want to roll stats, nobody wants you in their game, snowflake.

>I'm so autistic I can't continue the meme chain designed to derail this shitty thread so we can get talking about more important shit, like Szechuan sauce.

This is a non-issue in D&D 5e. The RAW suggests choosing a race & class before you even start rolling those 4d6 (or use point buy if you're a real pleb).

>autistic screeching
>but calls anyone else on the planet autistic

Wow, that really made me think

*sips le reddit cartoon*

Same with 3 & 3.5e

Are you this mad that samurai jack wasn't on on sunday?

I always find this kind of comment funny. In my experience of RPG's, across a lot of groups and systems, I've rolled for stats exactly once. When we were playing Maid RPG.

Aside from that, whether it was D&D or Dark Heresy or whatever, pointbuy and player choice driven character generation has always been the norm.

You're both autists. Especially . I mean, asterisks? Where are we? GAYa Online?

Y'know what? That's fair. Who am I to deny you your god given right to butthurt? Proceed.

>I've never played a real rpg just permissive numale rpgs that are written for people who will throw a fit and stop playing the instant they aren't "winning"

Wow, that really makes me think

but user, I don't allow rolling for stats in my games.

technically I only have Aspergers, but I deliberately try and post rage inducing comments because I enjoy pretending to be retarded because I'm actually retarded and want to see shit flung, and it always works because Veeky Forums is just as stupid as me and can't stop replying to bullshit.

Yes, but i was pretending I was pretending, which makes it meta, which is clever, because meta things are clever and anything repeating has to be meta, right?

>Rolling for stats
>Not rolling for origin too to determine your character's powerset
It's like you don't even want to have fun.

I've never understood why people would want to "roll for stats"?
Doesn't, that, like- isn't that like using mad-libs to write your characters description?

>not playing fatal and rolling everything including your own haircut, religion, slutness.........

Mad-Libs allows for user input.

Hooray! I got a laughing loli pic on the Azerbaijani Beverage Dissemination Board. What do I do now?

>Player decides anything at all about their character instead of the GM rolling on 100+ different tables to design every facet of their character for them.

>Rolling for stats

Sure, I like standing behind the 18-everything wizard with my nice shiny 12 amongst a swarm of 8s and 9s.

>being so feminized that you don't enjoy the thrill of risktaking

You roll for stats and then assign them freely you fucking caveman. Nobody assigns them in roll order anymore.

*teleports behind u*
Nuthin personnel, kidd
*sages*

>Not playing fighter with STR 8 because "but, muh rolls"
>not being incompetent INT 9 and WIS 10
>not wanting to be a bard with the lowest CHA of the party
You are a disgrace

>I might roll low!!!!!!!11

Infantile loser who has never had a single challenge in his entire life detected

So wait, are you trying to say that the numbers on the sheet are the most important parts of the character?
What are you, some sort of fucking rollplayer?

We go 3d6 down the line in this house son, no rerolls.

Obviously the best course of action is to decide what character you want to play and let the other players stat you, giving the DM final veto power

Man what a waste of digits. Should have used them to admit you won't play unless you have perfect stats

>Implying you faggots won't keep rerolling until you have all stats above 15

>you
>faggots
But we're the ones who DON'T want to cheat at our stats by just choosing high stats

You'll just find another way to dispose of characters with poor layouts, like suicide.

>I'd murder a character instead of playing it because I rolled low so I'd better project that onto you
Why is it that Marxists are always projecting? Someone should redistribute them some better people.

so THIS is the power of being raised in a country where abortion is legal

>players who get butthurt when npcs take couter meassures agaisnt magic
He went on a lengthy rant on how i made playing casters boring and how he should have played a meathead martial since ohh gm limits creative use of magic (aka I don't have it be an "I win" button).
No other caster complained like this guy and in fact he turned around and made several encounters easier, but nope he is dead set on that magic is shit since I try to put barriers.

>having bad players
Man I know the feeling, all of mine always used to throw a tantrum unless I let them choose their stats with some retarded "point buy" system. Needless to say I don't ever play with those losers anymore

I find it funny that so many people are saying it's "cheating". Point buy and standard array are officially supported and arguably more balanced. With some editions you're not even supposed to roll for stats.

Most games other than D&D don't have you roll for stats.

And this is the power of a single samefag.

CUT MY BAIT INTO PIECES
THIS IS MY LAST SHITPOST
BANIFICATION
IM TEENING
DONT GIVE A FUCK IF I POST WITHOUT MEANING
WOULD IT BE WRONG WOULD IT BE RIGHT
IF I GREW A PAIR TONITE?
NO CHANCE IN HELL THAT I MIGHT!
SPAMMING IS MY ONE DELIGHT
SERVER CONTEMPLATING SUICIDE

>it's only balanced if my stats are perfect

Wow, do you get a free diaper with that opinion?

Toon

Elite array or point buy is perfect for those who enjoy playing D&D 5e and 4e and to a lesser extent 3.5/ Pathfinder.

>Elite array or point buy is perfect for those cucked tantrum-tossing numales who enjoy playing D&D 5e and 4e and to a lesser extent 3.5/ Pathfinder.

FTFY and yes I totally agree, it is perfect for you (otherwise you'd throw a tantrum)

>standard array
>perfect
Not to mention, standard array and point buy allow for stats to be CONSISTENTLY imperfect. On my last character I rolled for stats. CHA and INT at 18 right off the bat, out of the rest the only one below 14 was Strength which didn't matter because it was for a fucking Warlock. I actually asked the DM if he was sure about it.

>I want to be guaranteed the stats I want
>And if you disagree I'll claim that I'm just trying to prevent myself from being too powerful

Wow, so THIS is the power of minmaxing shitbags trying to lie to get their way

Again, if I was a minmaxer why would I be arguing for standard array? Even point buy has limitations that make it inconvenient to that end. The only way you can end up with shit-your-pants great stats at the beginning is if you roll and get lucky.

If you weren't a minmaxer why would you be pushing for a reliable way to make sure that you get to put your minimum stats into things you don't need and your maximum stats into things you want? :^)

>When I play an RPG I like hitting the Randomize button for everything

Standard array only allows for a mediocre overall lineup. With point buy you can't even equal the highest stat you get with standard array, and can't drop any stat below a certain point.

>When I play an RPG and don't get to minmax my stats I start posting a bunch of strawmen and screeching

>I just want my min stats to be in the useless slots for my build order and my max stats to be in the absolutely most useful slots for my build order but it's not real minmaxing I'm actually doing you a favor

That's basically what Gamma World is, and it's great.

I see this is going to be futile

I see that you won't admit that you just want to min the stats you don't want and max the stats you do want without any chance of it going wrong

>When I play an RPG, I don't want to customize my character to fit an idea, or to try out a unique idea, I want to just fuck my shit up

>When I play an RPG, I create a concept for what character I want to play out of whole cloth and then roll my stats and gee whiz I end up mad! If only I had taken those steps in the reverse order everything would have been okay but fuck that better change the rules.

>When I play an RPG, I wanna impose pointless rules to myself and risk making a character that is completely unplayable and unfun to play as rather than take time to hand craft a character that I intend on investing time and effort into playing

I'm dming a game where 1 player got a character with 4 stats below 9 and insisted that he keep them.

>playing the game as intended is pointless, why can't I just minmax my stats however I want?

so THIS is the power of being a numale who's never worked a day in his life

Come on Veeky Forums you're better then this

>Playing a game designed to let you do whatever you want is playing it wrong, it's supposed to be played randomly, with everything left up to chance, don't bother putting any care into your character, it's just a random pile of bullshit after all
So THIS is the power of "That Guy", whoa...

>>playing the game as intended is pointless,
I don't understand. In 5e you pick class and race first. Then you either roll 4d6 drop lowest and assign in any order, or you take the standard array, or you use the variant rule for point buy. It's all intended. It's literally just preference between taking the safe route or gambling for that chance at higher main stats.

>Playing a game as intended is wrong, if I can't cheat to get the result I want then I'm going to throw a tantrum

Wow so THIS is the power of pitching a little fit until you get what you want

No, we're really not. We're impotent children in the bodies of men that argue incessantly about the smallest and meanest of details while sitting in a pile of our own shit.

And any of you who'll say I'm just projecting.... consider that we're over 70 posts into this thread.

>in the newest and most permissive version of D&D ever printed people are allowed to cheat now because people were just going to do it anyway so that proves me right

All it proves is that nuD&D was written for numales

>If it's not chosen by random rolls of the dice, then it's cheating. You're not allowed to consciously choose anything, it all has to be decided by a roll of the dice
Wow so THIS is the power of being an uptight cuntwad who dictates everything his own way and anything outside of his ruleset is "wrong and not allowed"

How long are we supposed to keep this up?

>using some speshul-snowflake stat generation instead of what's in the book
I bet you use some shitty fantasy heartbreaker setting too, faggot.

I dunno, how long are you going to go without admitting that you just want to minmax your characters?

I dunno, how long do you think my life span will be? I think a week after that ends I'll admit it.

Can I just phone in on this one, post Lorem Ipsum, and have you treat it as an autistic spergpost explaining why everything you say or do is wrong? Ok, good.

Your rapidograph pens are fucking dried up, the x-acto blades in your bag are rusty, and your mind is dull. Stop clicking your mouse, get messy, go back to the basics and make something fucking original. If you fucking give up, you will achieve nothing. When you sit down to work, external critics aren’t the enemy. It’s you who you must to fight against to do great fucking work. You must overcome yourself. Design as if your fucking life depended on it. Someday is not a fucking day of the week. Widows and orphans are terrible fucking tragedies, both in real life and definitely in typography. Saul Bass on failure: Failure is built into creativity… the creative act involves this element of ‘newness’ and ‘experimentalism,’ then one must expect and accept the fucking possibility of failure. Nothing of value comes to you without fucking working at it. Fuck. Sometimes it is appropriate to place various typographic elements on the outside of the fucking left margin of text to maintain a strong vertical axis. This practice is referred to as exdenting and is most often used with bullets and quotations. Form follows fucking function. The details are not the details.

But 3.5 allows for rerolling, while 5e doesn't. Sounds like you can't even get your pussy straight.

I'm just waiting for you two to start making out.

>literal autistic screeching because he can't handle the truth
kek

Why not bro? I'm just some guy on the internet, what's it going to matter if you just admit that you want to minmax your characters?

But you're the rollplayer who only cares about stats.
Why else would you want them to come first?
Who fucking cares how they're generated?
The fact that you care about them so much means that they're more important to YOU than any other part of the character. That you have this overriding NEED for the numbers to be important.
Who the fuck CARES? This is a roleplaying game. They're just some fucking numbers. High or low it doesn't make that much of a difference.

>autistic screeching
lol just admit you're minmaxing my dude

No, it's just I know you're full of shit, so I'm not going to bother with conceiving a full argument, or putting the effort into write it. I'd rather win the lazy way by simply having the last word and posting autistically.

Think about all the fucking possibilities. Creativity is a fucking work-ethic. Nothing of value comes to you without fucking working at it. Design is all about fucking relationships—the relationship of form and content, the relationship of elements, the relationship of designer and user. Can we all just agree as the greater design community to stop fucking talking about Comic Sans altogether? It’s getting fucking old. Learn from fucking criticism. To go partway is easy, but mastering anything requires hard fucking work. Must-do is a good fucking master. A good fucking composition is the result of a hierarchy consisting of clearly contrasting elements set with distinct alignments containing irregular intervals of negative space. Someday is not a fucking day of the week. What’s important is the fucking drive to see a project through no matter what. When you design, you have to draw on your own fucking life experiences. If it’s not something you would want to read/look at/use then why fucking bother? Sometimes it is appropriate to place various typographic elements on the outside of the fucking left margin of text to maintain a strong vertical axis. This practice is referred to as exdenting and is most often used with bullets and quotations. Use your fucking hands. This design is fucking brilliant. Fuck.

Because that's assuming I want to have a boring character and not something with flaws and strengths specifically chosen by myself to fit an idea.

I'm trying man, but he's being a frigid bitch

>continues screeching because he can't handle the truth

>if my snowflake doesn't match the fanfic I've written for it I'm going to throw a tantrum
so THIS is the power of being raised in the nintendo 64 generation

Jesus Christ, I'm not sure which board has the lowest average age anymore. /v/ or Veeky Forums?
You're all fucking manchildren, especially you, samefag. Go rope yourself.
Useless NEETs like you should just end it all.

>continues screeching because he's a spoiled rich white NEET who can't accept that other people do their own shit and his opinion is irrelevant
>and he's an oldfag
Hang yourself, gramps.

No, see I'm just some guy that can post text. My only goal is to have the last word. I don't care about what you were discussing, I only care about winning. Besides, you get your (you), I get to win, and no one else has to deal with either of us. It's a complete win-win.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aliquam elementum, quam non auctor tempor, massa ante pretium orci, sed dictum neque tellus ut enim. Quisque ut volutpat elit, et aliquam elit. Phasellus lacus massa, viverra nec eros eu, dignissim suscipit ante. Praesent imperdiet nibh a sem finibus, id feugiat urna posuere. Maecenas ac orci eget risus blandit mollis. Aenean aliquam mollis faucibus. Praesent suscipit est augue, eget egestas orci consequat quis. Vestibulum imperdiet ut velit vel commodo. Maecenas sapien risus, molestie et hendrerit eget, fringilla a lacus.

>continues screeching because he's fucking furious that he never has and never will play a legitimate character that didn't have cheated stats

Damn, I didn't actually stop to think about how that must feel. That's fucked up man, I'm sorry.

Hang yourself gramps.
No one will miss you.

Hey, not that guy, pay attention to me, no one else. Only I can provide the autistic bullshit you desire so.

Curabitur laoreet ut risus sit amet convallis. Quisque et condimentum nisl. Fusce mollis viverra risus in elementum. Aenean accumsan diam neque, non pretium ex maximus et. Quisque vestibulum pretium finibus. In ultrices tempor orci, id mattis velit semper non. Ut ex ex, maximus ac justo in, consectetur tincidunt dolor. Praesent dapibus nulla at nunc eleifend interdum. Duis rhoncus tincidunt tincidunt. Praesent eu imperdiet lectus.

I know now that you're just lashing out because you're in pain. How terrible it must be to realize that all of your adventures, all of your fun times, all of the stories you've told and experienced have all been as worthless as beating a video game with cheat codes?

I'm sorry, my friend. I didn't realize how badly I had hurt you.

You and I are quite alike.
I'm getting off on this anger and retardation, just like you.
Difference is that I could not be angered by anything you say, whereas you are probably panting like a dog, face all ready, your 500 pound NEET body quivering.
You're cancer.
Everyone hates you but there's no cure for you either.

Hey, try being the apologetic troll towards me! My ego is entirely dependant on people paying attention to me, and I'll reply to everyone of your posts because I'm bored as fuck.

Phasellus a sapien sed enim sollicitudin imperdiet. Cras vehicula massa mattis nulla facilisis, quis pellentesque leo pellentesque. Integer sit amet neque ullamcorper, mattis magna in, placerat velit. Quisque maximus ipsum in nisi congue, at euismod eros mattis. Pellentesque tristique lacus id sapien euismod, luctus porta lacus hendrerit. Integer odio arcu, scelerisque et elementum sit amet, semper et ligula. Aenean suscipit sapien felis, quis mollis nisl aliquet at. Orci varius natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Praesent facilisis laoreet mi, vel efficitur nulla tempus eu.

Hey, where'd gramps go?
Considering how many chromosomes he has, I thought he would have responded in less than a minute.