What I Made/Saw/Played Thread

I'll get the new thread rolling

Come on OP, you gotta tell a story!

This guy was part of a homebrew mobile suit giant robot game set in the late late universal century - late enough that things were starting to get kooky, but not too kooky.

He was the child of old money (in this case, federation generalship) with something to prove (who didn't know what he wanted to do with his life) that was still in the young and tryhard butterbar stage of his career development.

As such his little squad/wing was a dumping grounds for all the oddballs that they couldn't fit anywhere else in the command structure. Read: all the other PCs.

He was also the only non-newtype PC in the campaign, so he spent more than half of the time scratching his head and trying to figure out what the fuck was going on with all this mind fuckery bullshit that kept happening to his squad or being inflicted on the enemy

After several unsuccessful attempts to make an outdated suit work for him, he ended up stealing and later being assigned after retrofit a zeek suit that had more weapons built into it than you've got fingers. He consistently did well enough (for just a non newtype) with all of them EXCEPT the beam swords, which he consistently missed with right up until the final session.

I am putting down as penance demanded by the dice gods for my previous character in that series, who was a pure melee beatstick.

Low level fighter, I presume?

if you don't get it you're a scua faglord

Would help to drop templates

This guy was one of my favorite characters ever. Relatively short campaign, but the party of 5 players went through something like 8-9 characters. Started the game with nothing, but one of his quirks was he liked to wear his wealth, so by the end of the game with the accumulated wealth of two parties he looked like the Emperor of Gnollkind. BFFs with the original party wizard, who was thrown into space by a giant and left him very distraught for a few sessions.

Our GM was doing a mishmash of worlds from games and cartoons, meaning what would have otherwise been a "omg animu speshal snowflak" character was rather tame.

Juste was a blue mage, and depending on what world we were in, was either a grim but stalwart champion of good, a horribly broken little boy, or, as Captain Planet put it after he literally crucified all the eco-villains, "fucking crazy".

He wasn't broken in terms of combat potential- as a blue mage and with a generous gm, he had good debuff/buff spells, a fair amount of damage, and more than once served as the 2nd healer. What made him stand out is that while the others were willing to knock out and capture, Juste dealt killing blows.

Aside from that, he had some quirks. He absolutely would not fight in any friendly tournaments, believing God forbade him from harming innocents. He would tend to the wounded, even if they were non-descript npcs. In the cases where an enemy attacked a child or engaged/insinuated they would commit rape, he singled them out for particularly brutal punishment.

The other pcs got nifty powers and bonus features as it was revealed they were reincarnations of heroes or chosen by a keyblade, or whatever. The GM amped up the 'oh crap' factor by deciding Juste wasn't insane- God was pissed with the villains and was explicitly empowering him to kill them- not because he was a chosen one, but because Juste was willing to fight for no other reason than to eradicate evil.

Mechanically, this meant he swapped one of the last-tier blue spells for the white mage's Holy, and his blood became poisonous to any evil creatures.

The end of the campaign saw him going to Hell. Not as a punishment, mind, as Satan and the others he killed found out, but to be the warden.

Not sure if he was Lawful or Chaotic Good. Maybe Psychotic Good, if that makes sense.

That doesn't sound a goddamn thing like Julius beyond hunting monsters.

I'm aware. But it was the closest thing I had. Using Batman or the Punisher sounded too pretentious.

Woulda gone with Azrael. That would probably have fit pretty well.

Posted it in the last thread but might as well again with a description this time.

Rogue Trader campaign that started out fairly lighthearted and silly, quickly escalated from "who the hell do you think I am?" levels of shenanigans to a much darker, more genuine game of Warhammer.

Lord-Captain Erasmus Galen has since become Lord-Commodore Governor Galen, with the acquisition of a planet in shambles and a growing fleet of ships, where anyone - loyalist, recidivist, xeno or heretic - may sail in true freedom. As long as you're on the ship, you're part of the crew, and loyal to the crew and captain. Mutineers are not tolerated, traitors to the crew less so. But you willl be as important a cog as anyone else.

And thus we set sail for the endless void, where no man will chain us down.

If your pic needs a story to explain it, you've made a bad pic.

I much more enjoyed the before/after the campaign thread.

maybe drop a template you fucking mong

Thats pretty metal.

This becomes more appropriate every week

Counterpoint:

If people want to know more about your pic, you've made an interesting haracter.

Was it a Maid game?

>TFW you punch a man's head off at chargen but have practically no toughness or wounds

Sounds like a fun guy, user.

that gave me a grin, user.

Fuck you, Brandon.

Ouch.

After a long time lurking I finally worked up the courage to ask to join a friend's game.
I proceeded to fuck everything up and try to roll with it.

Johann. Boisterous and slightly mad. A pretty fun guy to be around. Thought he was a magical being when in reality he was just a bit of an idiot. Loved his suit of spiky plate and would shot put big iron balls into stuff he didn't like.

He came, he saw, he tackled goblins and kobolds before getting murdered by something you really shouldn't tackle.

Oldies

Make an extensive backstory, he said. Try to make your character tactically sound and balanced, he said. Don't worry about Brayden, he said.

deadlands?

World of Darkness, circa 1874 or so.

Chinese immigrant trying to support her sibling as a maid in a hotel, ends up getting paid extra to "keep an ear out" for weird stuff, ends up getting her dragged into supernatural shenanigans. Almost got bit in half by a huge, half-blind werewolf that was trying to chomp somebody else.

Ended up building a tesla gun due to some ludicrously good rolls.