BBEG

BBEG

scua faglords

i'm not sure how that's a bee bug

Are Anti-BBEGfags really going to do this? Just filter out the word, dummies.

>scua
What the fuck does this mean?

CLEG

Of course they are, because any fun they disapprove of is badwrongfun and must be purged from Veeky Forums.

I'm curious what the actual population is like. Maybe single digits?

ive always preferred GWDTTATPTTMOTPITS and so has my group i don't see how other people settle for anything else, BBEG is just too clunky

there were 2 that were really autistic about it.

Ugh, could we not?

I only play serious games with serious roleplayers like myself and this nonsense just like, demeans the whole hobby and is needless reductionism. My ANTAGONISTS are always MORALLY COMPLEX and are the PROTAGONIST of their own stories running parallel to the PARTICIPANT CHARACTERS (or PC's) making each of them a figure in a TRAGEDY

Could BBEG really just be replaced by main villain or main antagonist in all contexts?

Im pretty sure theres literally 1 guy rallying against that term, most likely to see if he can influence the way an entire board speaks.

>GWDTTATPTTMOTPITS
1. Would you mind enlightening us barbarians as to what this stands for?
2. How is it pronounced?

I doubt xe even actually cares, I don't see how anyone could legitimately care enough about an abbreviation to invade every thread using it as anything more than a joke

In most, but not all contexts. BBEG has the added connotation of being "the final boss," an imposing ("big") figure which the players end up confronting at the end of the story. I think you can have main villains that aren't BBEGs. IE imagine a trickster god continually toying with the players; they could be the cause of a lot of problems, but they aren't necessarily final-boss.

>xe

1. Guy Who Does Things That Antagonize The Party That They Must Overcome To Progress In The Story
2. Guh-Wud-Ti-Tah-Ptt-Mot-Pits. It rolls off the tongue so much more easily than saying BEE BEE EE GEE like some sort of goon

Using a standard JRPG premise as an example, how would you define the BBEG, main villain, and main antagonist in following scenario:

An evil sorcerer is trying to bring life to a dead god, the sorcerer is the character the PCs are pursuing the entire campaign and the mover of the story, but he's only the second to final boss, with the final boss being the revived dead god for only the final sessions.

THAT FUCKER

OUR SHIT

Easy. He's the sub boss. The Aghanim. Sheesh.

In all respects antagonist replaces BBEG. Assertion to the contrary is frippery and nonsense

>Assertion to the contrary is frippery and nonsense
Exactly.This is the Azerbaijani Drink Dissemination Site. Everything here is SERIOUS FUCKING BUSINESS and deserves to be treated with utter whimsy and spasticness.