Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1424: Iron Blooded Terraformars Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7g-ydhg10UE&t=0s
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49910011/#q49914652
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Jumpers!
If you could only have the powers of one game genre what would it be? RTS, RPG, FPS, Action-RPG, etc.

How can jumper hold hands, if jumper has no hands to hold?

Thats an easy one, so if I have the powers from one game genre I pick tabletop. Cause tabletop encompasses sooooooo much.

RPG, for sure.

Particularly the power to make people take turns in battle, that would be pretty cool.

user, this is a blue board. You can't be showing smut on Veeky Forums!

Have you ever retconned anything in your chain?

Hard mode: Have you ever written something in a build that made you so embarrassed you had to delete it?

Hey.

Val's working on Aldnoah's write up, says it'll be posted in a few hours. In the meantime, me and Rose thought we'd claim our big project between all three of us.

We're going to be doing Mutants and Masterminds Freedomverse/Earth Prime. Won't be done soon because of the size of the project. Notice given and such.

Wow the cringe from this picture is real.

Hey ho hi ho. We got a bit bored since V does all the descriptive stuff while we wait about and I'm at the point with LWA where I can't progress more without season 2 out, so we decided we'd get together and start a 3 girl team to work on a huuuuuge project so we always have stuff to work on when our solo stuff is stalled.

Gonna make every single archetype over edition 2 and 3 into it's own origin and then have smaller origins for age and genre. Shit dudes, the core book alone has near 20 for us to play with. Mecha tables. Weapon tables. Gadget tables. A mega massive power list with 4-5 tiers for every power you can shake a stick at. Even racial options. Going be our biggest thing yet! Or like my second thing. Still my biggest.

>Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see anything anywhere about the actual Mark itself. Do you gain another Mark if you already have the one from Dishonored? Can you choose to have it appear on the opposite hand?
Well we don't actually see anyone with two Marks in canon, since Corvo is stripped of his before he gets a new one if the player accepts it. Presumably he wouldn't get marked again if he managed to keep them. So you can decide whether you get one for each hand, or just the one with more powers.

>How strong/tough is the Doppelganger?
Not very. It's about as strong/tough as a regular person, maybe a bit better. It's mostly a distraction or assassination tool.

>What is the range of the post-jump perk version Parasyte Sense?
It's about 300m, but that's not a "hard" limit. So some growth over time is to be expected, but it's still fairly short ranged.

>For GPA, can you choose the cause of "8. Exotic/Other"
Yes.

>For Dishonored 2, can the crossbow instead be a bow?
I guess so? I don't see that it makes much difference whether it's a bow or crossbow.
Most people in the setting would wield a blade in one hand and a pistol/crossbow in the other, so having it be a bow requiring two hands to use is something of a disadvantage if they're close.

>Can the senses of Endless Black Wolfhound be extended further?
That depends on what the sense you're using is.

Remember there is a super secret website forum where the namefags go to discuss things where the thread cannot see them, its true! I have pictures! They all go by different names but its them!

Compare and contrast.

Having only just received my invite to the secret forum, I can confirm that this is 100% true and not fake.

what would sim city/universe sandbox be?

like placing and making stuff for others to enjoy

action RPG

rub shoulders

not yet, as in changing history in a way but mind wipe and kill/clone/replace does happen occasionally

In the little witch academy jump will there be a school for purchase that come with a absolutely loyal staff and Head master?

I do wanna do something like that but I don't think it'll be offered as a purchase. Maybe as a scenario? I want to try one of those.

>Maybe as a scenario? I want to try one of those.

Maybe something about you are now in charge of a failing school and you must keep it from shutting down?

In generic Xianxia the reincarnation perk says you will reincarnate with all your memories, but what about perks and soulbound items etc.

>LWA stalled until we know more
Sad, but I understand.

My only (good) suggestion is a magical pawn shop, staffed by Pawn Stars look-alikes, that follows you between jump.

A somewhat sillier suggestion was having both a Diana-inspired "Magical Prodigy" perk, and a "you suck at magic" drawback. Taking both of them makes you great at theory, until it comes time for exams or putting your magic into practice. At that point, you tend to default to "floor it."

Thanks for the suggestions! Always happy for help, especially when everything isn't set in stone yet.

Hopefully I can have this ready the moment season 2 is done.

So what did you do in the Tower of God jump?

Neat.

Your welcome and also thank you and the Aussie for making the jump and best of luck with it.

will the whole "magic only works within range of a Magic battery, wands wear out quickly" thing go away after the jump? or do you get one of those for your warehouse?

Hope I can live up to your expectations!

And we're both Aussies, so that might get a bit confusing.

>And we're both Aussies, so that might get a bit confusing.

Tell Val not to break her keyboard again funposting

She really does get too rough with them. The new kitten isn't helping, since he keeps knocking her new keyboard off her lap. She makes some pretty funny faces whenever it happens.

>Not immediately asserting dominance over your cat

Have fun when you cat sells you out to the emus

>God of High School seems to be winding down, people are mourning and giving the ol' HFY speeches

It sure was one helluva ride while it lasted.

Emus have a longstanding rivalry with cats dating back to the pleiostocene era. Back then, they were called terror birds.

I'd probably have to go with RPG. Levels, magic, equipment that can do everything from teach you new spells, skills, make you immune to certain kinds of magic... It's all so cool. Though, if I was honest, the power I would appreciate the most is Protagonist. The ability to get roped into fantastical, dangerous adventures to save the world, or just a friend, and meet a whole cast of colorful people along the way.

Man. That would be neat.

You nuzzle, of course.

The Hype is real. I ADORE this tabletop system. It's very much my favorite system I've ever played in and I'm so hyped that you three are going to put that much work into the project. I can't wait to see how it comes out looking.
If I wished for anything it would be the option to import a setting of your own, but I know that could get a little wonky to execute. I just had a ton of fun in the last world I built for my old group.

Aussies also have a long standing rivalry with Emus. They also went to war with them.

>Casualties and losses
>Dignity

Altforms.
Pretty constantly.
Not really, but it's probably because my writing tends to be pretty to the point.

Do you have tentacles or any other form of alternative appendage(s)? If so, use those. If not, you nuzzle.

Sorry, we're sticking to the actual setting for the series (Freedom City, Emerald City, San Angelo, Claremont Academy, Atlas of Earth Prime etc.), though it's a bit of a mash of the various sourcebooks (We're including things like Lockdown and maybe a few things from the Paragon setting, since the other two love that one and it's otherwise too empty to be it's own thing).

It's a fairly open setting so unless your setting had some huge changes to the world, you might be able to fit it in. I do think there is an 'elseworlds' equivalent for the Freedomverse so maybe you could find your setting there if not.

Did somebody say they were working on a World Seed jump? I think I saw somebody saying so about a week ago.

How does one survive being a Dragon in Dragon's Dogma early in the chain?

Leaving the island and going far, far away from the Arisen rather than leaving a trail of breadcrumbs and waiting for them.

How are you gonna handle the powers? Is it gonna be the archetypes they give? Like Psychic, Flying Brick, Beastboy...etc?

We're still planning but for now we're going with each Archetype getting a certain number of fitting powers for free, at least a number of levels in those powers free. Non super power archetypes might get more discounts or CP in other sections? Did say we're still planning. Maybe we can have those origins be cheaper or combinable with others.

Oh, no worries. It was just a wish. I hadn't really expected it to be added. The settings for the series are interesting enough on their own though, so it'll be fun to join in the cape antics. There's a lot of pretty unique heroes and villains there. It'll be nice to have a capes setting that isn't Worm, Marvel, or DC.

And yeah, my setting had some major, major changes to the world. I modeled it more around the Powers series of graphic novels, except far more people had superpowers and the world was forced to just roll with it. So you had people with electrical powers getting jobs pumping energy into the electrical grid or people with magnetic powers acting as cranes at construction sites.

The party were basically street-level criminals who had agreed to work as law enforcement for a reduced sentence. A little cliched, but it ended up fun in the end.

There was a WIP posted a little bit ago, but I don't remember exactly when.

>Powers
Oh man that comic is so good. Lost the plot later on but the start and middle are just dayum.

Did you know they made a tv show for it? It's super funny. In a bad way. Funny bad. But very fitting.

Would killing the Arisen doom the world?

It really was a good comic, yeah. The plot turns into a bit of a hot mess later on, but the early stuff is really, really great. I really enjoyed the practical, "real world" approach it tried to take to superpowers, which is why I drew on it heavily in writing my setting.

And no, they didn't. Really? I mean, I guess it makes sense, but I honestly can't see that turning into a TV show very well. I'll have to find it somewhere just so I can laugh at its badness.

No, but another one would show up and if you kill enough of them then the world might get fucked.

What said. It's part of a selection process to get a new god of the world when the old one gets tired and wants to end it. Some Arisen fail and get eaten or killed by the Dragon, or bow out upon receiving his offer. You don't necessarily have to die for process to go through but eventually the cycle will need to continue or god might kill himself before getting a replacement. (I don't think it's a major issue within the ten years, iirc, although the Arisen themselves is hilariously strong for a human of this world with proper time to grow.)

Hey rabbit, stop being such a gossip goose.

You'd not say that if you saw how ballsy this kitten is. First thing he did when we got him back from the RSPCA was walk up to my gigantic black dog, of which the kitten is ankle height to, and sneeze in it's face.

Early Powers is wonderful indeed. Fell apart when the MCs started getting powers, especially the guy, since it lost what made the series so unique.

And the tv show is surprisingly fitting, uses some actual hollywood celebrity gossip show and has it make fake reports on superheroes in the show. We only watched one episode cause it was still shit but yeah, creative at least.

Your dog let him do that because he is a gentle beast

My dog let him do that because he's a gigantic coward. He just looks scary.

Well the god doesn't want to end it, they're literally powering the world. They need new arisen to come and kill them, take their place, so they can keep the world going. Those that fail become dragons, who go around choosing their own killers, and eventually maybe their bosses' killer too.

>My dog let him do that because he's a gigantic coward. He just looks scary.

Everything truly is upside down in Australia isn't it?

We're all mad here mate. Even the doggos.

I posted a wip the other day, Im actually trying to read the webnovel for more ideas now, why do you have some ideas?

Right now everyone except druid has 2 capstones, druid cap is so good they have 2 400 teirs. So far.could change.

Also have an idea for assassin based on his mom now.

Added like 5 new races including a race of chuuni blue ganon people, the qulopti.

Gotta be all the Vegemite y'all eat.

After you yourself become god you have the power to kill yourself with a special dagger allowing your Pawn to become human via inhabiting your old body. Due to the witch girl/former pawn mentioning that she looks like her old master, you can probably assume that they did the same thing. This leaves the world without a god and issues we're not sure how were overcome.

With how long each cycle is supposed to be you kind of have to wonder how they manage to remember it eventually. I mean it's implied that the Seneschals eventually give up out of boredom more than anything.

No, I was just wondering if there was anything regarding Void Elves. I only started reading it last night, myself.
How are you handling the multitude of race options?

Yeah, I dunno man. My guess is that it's that same boredom that means they couldn't possibly forget. You'd be pawing at the chance to dump the boring ass job too when the time is right.

If a race has enough info I add it to the race buy section and assign it a discount on certain elemental mana affinities. All elves are on there now. Void elves get gravity and void mana along with their racial traits. Void elves breath void mana in space and move with gravity manipulation to fall the direction they want.

I also added in 3 elemental races, the earth wind and shadow elementals.

Nice, Freedomverse is a pretty cool setting. I look forward to it. When you say origins for age and genre, does that mean we'd be a hero dating from that age in modern day Freedomverse, or would we start in that age? Because I've wanted a jump where we can get in on the ground floor of a developing superhero universe, so getting to start in the Golden Age would be pretty amazing.

Right now, we're planning to maybe (This might change) have things like being an adult or teenage hero be a second set of origins in addition to your base archetype origin. Then we're thinking of maybe having a genre origin in the sense of golden/iron/silver/modern age as a third set.

If we do, you'd get three origins. First is your archetype (Your basic theme as a hero or villain) then your age (Whether you're a teen hero, an adult or maybe even an oldie from a different age, so you could use this to say you were from the Iron or Silver Ages despite the jump primarily being set in the Modern age) and then your genre (Less what genre the jump is in as what genre you take after. Iron Age for punisher sorts, Golden/Silver for classic Supermen).

That said, there ARE options to start at varying times in the jump based on the ages. So you can start off with Centurion as one of the first heroes to really go public as a superhero in the settings' Golden age or start at one of the later dates too. You'll also be able to go from any age through to the modern age as a time extender.

> →
Huh. So it is.

[Duel Monsters]

Drawbacks: YAMI, HIKARI, Star-Crossed Destiny! The Ultimate Nightmare (1600)

The Dark City

D.D. Drop-In

Master of Seclusion (Free)
Visions of Justice (1400)
Visions of the Future (1100)
Witch Raider (1000)
Vision Fusion (800)
Mechlight Dragon Revolution (400)
Madolche Nights (300)
Abandoned Railroad (100)
D-Spirit (0)

The hell is going on in this world. Frieza appears to be defending the Earth from...some kind of memetic energy entity? Why am I sitting in an abadoned train station, playing with dolls? Why is Adorjan and THE Doll wrestling a crazy demon yandere outside my doorstep?

Apparently this is Yugioh. Better grab the Pot of Greed and Wind-Up Kitten before I do anything else.

At least today's roster of companions seems to be having fun with the whole sentai thing, or at least beating up other light-addled sentai rangers. My plan to defeat Yami is much less dramatic:

"Fool! It is the differences between individuals that cause suffering!"
"No, it's not"
"Ha, your belief in the power of friendship will NOT avail you-"
"-you misunderstand me. I used to think like you, but you might find this enlightening as a study in comparative cosmology. Here are my copies of the Necromonicon and the Broken Winged Crane"
(an hour or so of cosmic being book club later)
"It cannot be! Suffering and differentiation...are built into existence as fundamental principles?!"
"Yep"
"Then. This invasion. This war must stop! I am only causing MORE suffering!"
"Actually, that reminds me. Why? Wouldn't the propagation of suffering be good for you?"
"You kidding? Where meaning would failure hold if suffering was universal? My domain would shrivel!"
"Tell you what, you hand over the folks you've captured and lend us a hand with the shiny dad-wannabe, and we'll call it quits"
"Deal"

I'd have to go with RTS, for the simple joy of clicking economies into motion.

I used to try not to. Mostly because it'd be hard to keep track of, more than anything.

As of recent jump updates it's inevitable, though. As my Jumper is currently aware of it, the retcons are some sort of mysterious evolutionary timestream that seemingly make both myself and my enemies much more dangerous. It may or may not be caused by some sort of cinnamon toast crunch experiment gone awry across time and space.

This is freaking him out. A lot. He keeps waking up with powers he realises were only bought retroactively.

>hard mode

NO.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

STOP PEERING INTO MY PERSONAL LIFE

On the weekends, I dressed up in a hooded cloak, stocked up on advanced magitech climbing and stalked Baam up and down the levels. I kept jumping out of the shadows and saying "whaddya buying"?

He kicked me off the tower the first time because he thought I was flashing him.

That's a relief, thanks. I was mainly worried about the Vortex's immense potentiality causing a, a Voidsplosion or something for lack of a better word because the Void reads a bit like a darker Warp.

>Elemental Pole of Potential

...the void pole I've got is based on Homestuck's Void, but actually I DO have ONE pole that's SOMETHING like that! And it also happens to be my actual answer to Hard Mode

. . .

pfffffftarghpoorchoiceofwords. Hard Mode

I remember Captain SNES, Garlock. Want me to fetch a copypasta of the speech~?

By the way, finally working on Final Fantasy as we speak. I'm not sure what took me so long to get back to work on it.

I blame children's card games.

>That said, there ARE options to start at varying times in the jump based on the ages. So you can start off with Centurion as one of the first heroes to really go public as a superhero in the settings' Golden age or start at one of the later dates too. You'll also be able to go from any age through to the modern age as a time extender.
Magnificent. Golden Age adventures, here I come.

I don’t think a person who tries to impose reason, order, and sanity on the nasuverse gets to call anyone mad.

>Children's card games
A man of excellent and refined tastes. Good luck with your work.

For the curious:
youtube.com/watch?v=7g-ydhg10UE&t=0s

Some are more mad then others, yes.

>By the way, finally working on Final Fantasy as we speak. I'm not sure what took me so long to get back to work on it.

I hope you enjoyed your pre-rest rest bro

>I blame children's card games.

The great reset was the greatest thing to ever happen to yugioh, No more meta decks that can kill you in one turn for 50,000 atk points, for now at least

ahahaha what speech

To be fair it sorta almost happened in Extra (if only on Gaia), and all it took was that attempt at ressurecting the Dark Six getting all messed up. Oh, and presumably humanity's own technological progress given hackers can somehow hack souls now.

Granted it was only the Earth and some weirdness on the Moon was enough to make things weirder than most of the planet's history happen again, but still

Jump #3 Of Writer Nika’s Chain: TOME

Background
>Enigma (Free)

Perks
>Libra System (Free)
>BATTLE ON (Free)
>Purple Shadows (Free)
>Exclusive Encounter (100 CP)
>Hot Stuff Comin’ Through (100 CP)
>Wallflower Empath (200 CP)
>Audio Killed The Video Gamer (200 CP)
This is one of the best perks. I can just punch people and spam their vision with loud memes, gifs, and ytpmvs.
>Bait of Babylon (200 CP)
>Minmaxer (200 CP)
>Really Nice Guy (300 CP)

Companions
>Loneliness (300 CP)
Hey Nylock. Wanna be my friend? You seem cool.

“I would love to partake in some JOLLY COOPERATION!”

>Class (Morphological)
I’M A HIDEOUS SLIME MONSTER NOW! RAGH!

Perks
>Shoot An Icicle (Free)
>Remember The Basics (Free)
>I’ve Got At Least One HP (Free)
>Variable Form (Free)
>Swift As A Coursing River (50 CP)
>The Force Of A Great Typhoon (50 CP)
>Strength Of A Raging Fire (100 CP)
>Arcane Unguent (400 CP)
>Striking The Reflection (400 CP)

Drawbacks
>Wow, I Talk Funny (+100 CP)
>Digital Troublemakers (+200 CP)
Why does someone always have to have beef with me? Why? I just want to chill
>Let ME In (+300 CP)
The BBS Board was always around to yell at me in case I started to get a little...weird because of this drawback, thankfully.

So I tracked down Nylocke and befriended him! I always tagged along with him as his slime buddy! I didn’t really fight. I’m not a very fighty person, despite how I always kept getting pulled into fights during Hero BBS and how angry I got all the time. Typically I just gravitate towards relaxing. I just liked to explore places instead of fighting. In fights I was a support role as a debuffer/beastmaster with my pokemon.

I would write stories about Nylocke where he would always go on daring adventures and he actually quite liked reading them. He would always give me criticism on my writings. One of his biggest criticisms was that my stakes were too low, and that none of the characters seemed to be in any actual danger. There was no sense of drama or consequences. Somehow there is a metaphor here. I don’t know what, though. I mentioned this to him, and he laughed. He said I’d figure it out, someday.

I didn’t figure it out during my ten year stay here. Kuudachi and Dandachi were able to guide me enough during the plot fights to keep myself surviving. But there was always fear I’d get killed. The voice kept trying to tempt me to let it in, that when I was with it, that I’d no longer be afraid...no one could ever harm me! But I was too afraid of this. The Sage would also tag along as a fighter.

And so, when my ten years were up, Nylocke came with us. He wanted to go on a massive adventure with me, too! So I let him come along.

And thus, we left. My Benefactor said that she had seen enough of me in a lighter, happier settings. But she was curious how I’d do in a darker setting.

I was unsure what she meant by that, and a little terrified. Although I knew I was fated at some point to arrive in darker worlds.

That was a bad pun, I'm so sorry. I'll see myself out.

Lemme just fire up the J-Liner and

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49910011/#q49914652

This one.

A Journey Begins [Free] - Being dropped into this world with no idea what to do might be amusing for a little while, but if you’re supposed to be saving (or destroying) this world, it would help if you know what you’re doing. You start with basic survival skills and the ability to use your class’ strengths at a decent starting level - an offensive spell for a Black Mage, a few years of fighting experience for a Fighter, and so on.

Eh, it's looking decent so far... for an SB-er.

Not him but don't you think you should just let people be whatever they want free and just list out the stats for all the races you have? How are you handling the jobs or the classes? And the backgrounds?

Howdy /JC! How have things been? It's been busy for me lately.

I have a question, I've got things that need to be ironed out and answers from the Thread will help tons.

Would you guys like races to have their own perks or just leave them as race choices with their various magics and such learnable but not perk choices? If I can skip that my workload goes down... significantly as I've had to halt Kamigawa's progress to balance the various racial perks twice now, choice saturation and point balance is a straight up b__ch sometimes.

Leave them as race choices.

To be perfectly honest we just dont have any info on any race other than a few of the elves, I am throwing any race I can actually find info on in the race section and a few of them start out stronger than other racea, a lot stronger, or they have abilities others do not, those I charge a bit more for but still not much, all races are getting to choose the elemental mana affinities at the beginning and some are harder to learn because they are rare, so far the backgrounds are based off of backgrounds. The tech line is based off celest the AI turned deus ex, the arcane caster line is based off the few enchanting and casting arcane casters, druud is mc and sharon, drop in is all thise abilities that dont seem class locked but show up.

I mean the other classes dont really have any "screen time" so they are hard to quantify. Now if everyone would prefer I could say background is your archetype but you are free to choose a different job at character creation and have fun fanwanking, but that seems a bit dickish. Still if general consensus wants that I can toss in a note.

Also to those who wanted a bigger grove, MC gets a massive grove, which then causes a "black hole" in his soul that immediately starts a countdown eating his grove in 9 months. So yeah, bigger is not always better.

I'm fine with races just being their own choice without associated perks.

Just have races be a buy option and leave the backgrounds seperate while defaulting to human or other similar race.

what do you mean winding down?

We did it guys. We finally killed the Jump-Chain.

Is that race singular enough to guarantee a perk purchase? If so, would still fit in the origin?

Is it time for potatoes already?

Time to start the race to companion namefags

Jump #294: Final Fantasy XII
Oh no, I've been dragged back to Ivalice again.
>Knight of Swords: One able to boldly take on challenges that others consider terrifying or insurmountable.
>Age: 14
>Location: Free Choice
>Race: Hume
JUST SPELL IT OUT. HUMAN. Damn you, Squenix.
>Identity: Soldier - Knight
>Solidarity (Free, Hume)
Increased fighting abilities when near allies ... I don't see this happening often, but when it does, it should be amusing.
>Battle Cry (Free, Knight)
... meh.
>Circle Of Judgement (900, Knight)
Well, at least I can march up to people and block any magic from them.
>Mistant's Sword (600, Knight)
Now this is what I'm talking about. You can't have Final Fantasy without a hilariously oversized sword, and an eight meter long sword sounds HILARIOUSLY OVERSIZED.
>Black Hole (500)
>White Hole (300)
Suck in all the things I want to kill, spit out their remains at other things I want to kill...
>Circus of Itano (100)
Split any projectile I send out into three smaller copies? This has interesting implications for laser eyes. Pew pew pew!
>Sight Unseeing (0)
Huh, this makes it easier to deal with opponents I can't see.

You know what's great about popping in before the events of the series? I can completely shake up governments via various means, see to it that Vayne gets chances to change his mind and when he doesn't arrange for an accident and curb general warlike tendencies that have absolutely no reason to exist by distributing propaganda and putting a few words in the right peoples' ears.

tl;dr the plot of FF12 is bad and the writers should FEEL bad.

It depends on the jump. Unfortunately I don't know anything about Kamigawa. You could just have a perk or two for each race.

Alrighty then.

The races each have their own versions of magic in the books, however nothing that other races can't learn, on further review of the books.

Using the outdated jump aside, the plot actually makes sense considering XII plays second fiddle to Tactics and VS later on down the line. XII is the first main series game that actually isn't the core of the setting.

The plot is bad because of poor pacing, which is an issue no matter where in the timeline it is.

Jump #295: Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
>King of Swords, reversed: A mature leader of unyielding ethics and absolute authority.
>Age: 17
>Location: Eruyt Village
>Race: Aegyl
Sephiroth is pleb-tier, I have TWO wings.
>Identity: Drop-In
>Dragon Knight (Free, Aegyl)
Dragoon, plus wings, equals fun.
>Sky Soldier (900, Aegyl)
A fighting style built around debilitating the enemy. I can imagine any number of places where this is going to be useful.
>Seer (700)
Walking mana battery... I like the sound of that.
>Who's Piloting This Thing?! (Free, Drop-In)
Hey, if I can do a half dozen peoples' jobs at once...
>Dex & Sinis (600, Drop-In)
I may not have taken the ability to use auracite, but I can still do the same thing as the rest of them. Minor summons are useful.
>Flight Logs (400, Drop-In)
"Log the thoughts and comments of everyone around you in a large radius". Combine that with another perk that makes me able to instantly read any book fully by touching it, and I have functional mind-reading of everyone within a very reasonable range.
>Affinity (100, Drop-In)
Huh, I can pool and split magical skills of companions within range. I can imagine any number of circumstances where this will be handy...
>Golden Amulet (0)
Suddenly every fight is like playing River City Ransom. Every enemy I beat up is dropping money.

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE PLOT IS AND I PLAYED THE GAME.

You know what, fuck this, I'm going to spend the next decade living with bunnygirls and defending them with my hilariously oversized sword. Which probably means the viera genocide isn't going to happen- wait, shit, this means I've gotten caught up in the plot AGAIN.

... meh. Bunny girls. Worth it.

Outdated jump?

Pic Didn't Stick >_<

Basically they have advantages and trade offs, but not enough upon review to actually need perks. I mean there is some impressive stuff done by individuals of each race, like with the Kitsune having one of their own achieving enlightenment and becoming a blessing/enchantment which is kind of awesome, but from what I've read of the books it's basically just being that good.

Dirge's updating it. Talked about it last thread,. Your prerogative on whether or not to bother waiting for it.

An updated version showed up last thread I think? Probably won't get accepted to the drive, but yeah it's outdated.