Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

GO GO IMPERIAL RANGERS!!! Edition

>previous thread
>Shadow War: Armageddon rules:
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/ShadowWar/SWA_Killteams_ENG.pdf

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Why do we dakka?

First for I2!

Actually painting my first boys soon, going for I think mostly Evil Sunz any tips for making washes?

Quit bein' kunnin' an be brutal!

Why the fuck is The Tormented formation not an Auxiliary choice for the Black Legion Speartip detachment? They forgot, didn't they? Every other legion can take the equivalent, The Favoured of Chaos, but Abaddon's boys cannot. Fuck you GW

[autistic screeching in dial-tone]

Because we was made ta fight.

Reposting from last thread since nobody responded

gonna play an eldar player for the first time this weekend for 1500 points

I personally know the guy so i know he wont bring massive cheese (no titans and shit like that) so i tried to bring a list that will hopefully hold out against him

thoughts? tried to bring a lot of ap4 + weapons to the field, and enough anti armour so his tanks wont just nuke my troops

What, you mean to say that GW, who also made the Cultists formation with a special rule an auxiliary choice for Alpha Legion wich then gave them the exact same special rule which they had to fix through errata, made an error writing rules ? No way :^)

This is the same supplement where they added special rule for a detachment that literally did the same thing as a rule from a formation, and the rule from the detachment would only affect that one formation (that had the same rule)

Dis boy knowz wotz up! Let'z shoot these 'umies already!

Or the FAQ about IA explain how IG and Inquisition transport worked. You know the two factions factions that didn't need that explanation.

>blood angels
>raven wing bikes
??

IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR, BOYS

Chopping 'em is betta ya grot!

They are marines. Beside some random bits and paint they are all the same.

Does that Custodes the superior sixth ranger?

>not having a skitarii ranger in the picture

But dat got no dakka init!

Why would it have an image of a tool used by the power rangers?

I specifically chose R&H with The Purge to get lots of cheap Chaos Spawn. They're overcosted in the CSM codex.

The CAD is my primary, not The Purge.

Why would I NOT take multiple sorcerers?

Chosen actually do their job decently. I've never once seen them not make their points back.

The Vindicator is cost efficient VS CSM Rapiers; 3 Laser Destroyer shots for 130 vs 3 for 165 with the Rapiers.

How exactly is 3 Spawn for 55 points overcosted?

>Shipping a mechanicus adept with a fleshie weakling.

Ya can shoot 'em while ya choppin, but ya can't chop when ya shootin dem! Do ya unnastand?

its a dark angels cad with a blood angels allied detachment, since BA assault marines are just better.

>implying the AdMech isn't just gonna turn the IG into a servitor in a minute.

Cato Sicarius is also a Librarian?

>Implying the mechanicus adept doesn't want a techmarine hunk.

Flesh Tearers codex anyone?

>Blood Angels: The Bloodening: Electric Boogaloo: 2: Directors cut: special edition: contains 2 additional characters
It's like that, isn't it?

Are you looking at the same unit entries I am?
Rapier lasers are 79 points for 3 and max crew.
Thought it was one spawn for 55 points but really the mark is what makes them ever worth fielding.
Field whatever you want man, it's just not competitive whatsoever. You're taking all of your detachments for all of the wrong reasons, playing strengths to none.

I know techpriest like to fuck thier tools, but fucking mutant tools is a bit too much.

Emperor said Primarchs and marines are just tools

>"The Vindicator is cost efficient VS CSM Rapiers; 3 Laser Destroyer shots for 130 vs 3 for 165 with the Rapiers."
>"CSM Rapiers"

Obviously not.

>ever taking marine rapiers
literally
why

Run the scouts with the Dark Angels, and put a squad of Tacticals with the Blood Angels. Now give the BA tacs a Flamer, Combi-Flamer, and a Heavy Flamer, plus a Drop pod if you can instead of the Rhino. Now run the allied detachment as a Flesh Tearer Strike Force instead.

Your Shooty marines now have a great Choppy vanguard that have a chance of getting rage on the charge, instead of Obsec which they really didn't need.

Depravity knows no bounds.

Well that's my point; they lose out cost-wise to other stuff for CSM, and even worse to stuff for R&H

>No dick
Trash image you got there

>BL

cuz we iz green

mfw I discovered no Black Templars Codex...

Chapters will often have guys named after someone else, to honour the marine or to aspire to their greatness. Maybe that librarian wants to be as great as cato sicarius or cato took that guys name

If there are only diplomats now, Are there oddboyz that are ork philosophers?

>sister I... don't want want... you
>it's not like i like you or anything... baka greyknight senpi

BT are a meme

Orky diplomats*

First post in the thread, good start

Orkimides was a thing.

My fluff might be confusing due to old age, but he was the one that invented the massive teleporters and discover that red go faster by obvserving Eldar jetbikes from saim Han.

Commissar Ciaphas Cain (hero of the imperium) fucked a tech priestess on the regular while also fighting a geurilla war in ork controlled territory, probably because she mistook his massive steel balls for augmetics

>but that's heresy greyknight senpi
>it's have a purity seal

>Tfw an ancient race of intellectual space toads made a race that literally only thinks of painting things, being stupid, and fighting

But Ciaphas wasn't a weakling.

Cain is the greates hero ever.
One of the few men to fuck an Inquisitor and survive.

Me and my lads are gonna play a 2v2 game this weekend to break in a friend's new gaming table

What's the most fun 40k drinking game you guys have played?

>tfw you wish Sisters were more of an entity because you really like their glorious religious imagery, even compared to every other Imperium faction

SoB are the last bastion of 40k in 40k

Everything is so noble and bright now.

>tfw you are reasonable for chaos, necrons, orks, Eldar faggotry, and possibly tyranid's and you died out after leaving the galaxy in ruins

Are old ones baby boomers?

Basically, except at least they aren't still around to bitch about how every generation after them is shitty and ruining society

>that's the eldars job

Soon friend

Soon

YWNH
> Sister Initiates who are unarmed and sing in a choir
> Book-burners toting flamers and rad-weapons
> Hordes of Imperial citizens in an angry mob
> Black Judge striding the battlefield in a Throne of Judgement
> Seraphim-combi box armed with Power Spears
> Unit of Witch Hounds leading a pack of cyber-enhanced robodogs
> Frenzied militia bolting some heavy weapons onto the back of their pickup truck
> Living Saint as a DIY FMC
> A frontline melee unit made up of Ecclesiarchal Crusaders and Templars
> Bike-mounted Cavaliers who are ungunned but drop Meltabombs throughout enemy ranks

>tfw sisters didn't even get rules in necromunda 2: electric bungalow

>Hordes of Imperial citizens in an angry mob

That alone would have amazing conversion potential. Imperial cultists vs Chaos cultists in a clusterfuck for the ages.

>Emperor Akbar!

That wouldn't stick in the political correct GW.

Till we have at least 1 year of tit demons release it won't happen.

Ok, this list is much better than my last

I don't play chaos but why do all chaos players fap to chosen, is it the extra special weapons?

>Shadow War
>No Inquistion

GW is still the same retarded company.

I want new Kirby's lapdog CEO gone!

They'll release expansions for shadow war, for sure

If enough people bitch and moan they'll add them since GW actually listens to fans (see alpha legion FAQ fix), message them on Facebook and contact your local representatives in congress.

>you've let your voices be heard, and due to all the fans asking for it Inquisition and adeptus sororitas have been added to shadow war!

Alpha Legion Chosen can infiltrate and are troops, and yeah it is the special weapons.

Up to 4 models (including the champion) can take special weapons, power weapons, dual lightning claws or plasma pistols per unit, and 1 heavy or special weapon, and the Champion gets all the standard CSM character wargear options.

> A2
> Ultragrit, so effectively A3
> 4 special weapons
> Champion can take a 5th

They're nothing incredible, but they are fair for the price you pay. 3pts a head isn't awful for tripling your melee ability even before going for Plasmaspam.
Depends on the role you want them to fill.

>Hordes of Imperial citizens in an angry mob
In Imperial Guard we call them Conscripts.

The FAQ that didn't explain shit?

Guard are great, but this is more about your regular Imperial women and old people getting tossed a weapon and told to go and kill things to protect their planet. Like space Stalingrad.

Thoughts on this 1500 point list?

Those have lasguns and flak armour

We are talking of dudes with bats and maybe stub revolvers

>he doesn't know they fixed that FAQ

So thanks for letting us know you're an ignorant fuck who doesn't know what he's talking about

Dakkaface
Cu'z e's choopy, shooty, green and ded 'ard (fer a panzee)

I think you should crop the last half so it'll fit on a screen.

We did a cache set up. Bunch of objectives (was a 2v2 so we had like... 20ish). Each objective had a random card that referred to different drinks.

Once your opponent's turn started you could drink any Objectives you control. Stopping for Saves / Close Combat.
Stopping when it was your turn.

Whoever finished a drink removed the objective and got points. So sniping half finished drinks was clutch.

>you'll be surprised how fast a 2v2 goes when everyone is rushing.

>T3
>'ard

Da boss wants to see ya

>40k going fast when you're slamming drinks

Tell me your secrets

'Arder dan T4 in 'eavy armer.

Yep, all the way back to 1987 in fact.

What does it say now?

>FAQ a FAQ

Why I'm not even surprise.

Oh come on, you know if this was a few years back they'd have left that dogshit FAQ up until the edition flipped over, this time around it was like a week before it was fixed

If you have both those rules you add 1 to your roll so cultists come back on a 3+

Not be an USAfag?

Here u go

Still waiting for the IA FAQ FAQ regarding transports.

Goes loads faster when noone argues rules or bothers too look them up.

ANGRY mob, not TERRIFIED mob.

>GW community page has angry marines scheme to show off DoW army painter
Did GW find out about meme magic?

yknow I kinda like the logo he has over the "canon" angry marines logo

Why are you still waiting?

No just desperate to sell their shit game.

Right:

Flakk trukk is complete shit.

Cybork body does noting for painboys

Zzap gun is garbage

How are the slugga boys getting to melee?

Recoloured Evil suns?

lel u faggot piece of ass i bet you play fucking necrons you waste of air

It's the same FAQ silly. The one that didn't explain shit about transport.

Inquisition and guard didn't had problems with Chimeras and Valks it was the rest of the codex that had it. Everything but Inquisitor and Acolyte squad had that problem.

>not devolving into a giggling drunken mess of a game where nothing gets done after chugging drinks