mega.nz/#F!ulIUkIAL!x48TmOGNLnKh1afhIs6Gbw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Druids
Are
GHEY!

UNDEAD PLAYER OPTION WHEN?!

There's a revenant race y'know.

There's options for a Revenant player in the Gothic Horror UA

Revenant doesnt count, it forces you into one personality type.

I'm making a series of homebrewed fighter archetypes for every Plane in both the Inner and Outer Planes. They work off the assumption that you have a tiefling-esque heritage, except with a particular planar power source instead of only fiendish. I've also included dragons and plan on including titans and the Far Realm (beholders/mindflayers) just for some additional inclusion.

I've finished the upper planes except for Ysgard and Arcadia, and I've got all of the lower planes and the astral plane left to do. What abilities would you want to see, and for what planes?

Then just make something up yourself.

I wanna buy TYP but i have a couple questions.
1. Do I run it like a normal adventure, or is it just sample dungeons to put in adventures I make?
2. What level does it take pcs to?

Ideas on making monks somewhat playable.
Pls give input.

Hp/Hit die is a 1d10.
Martial arts reworded to include any melee weapon that doesn't have the heavy or twohanded property.
And the bonus action attack reworded to target an opponent within 5ft of the monk.

Unarmoured changed to 10+Wis mod+proficiency bonus.

Ki features gained at lvl 2 scale up at lvl 10 to include the following:
Flurry of blows deals 3 hits.
Step on the wind grants flight with concentration for 1 minute.
Patient defense lets you use an unarmed attack of opportunity along with the dodge.

Unarmoured movement lets you stand still on any surface at lvl 12 so you don't fall from the cieling once your turn is over.

KI—EMPOWERED STRIKES now includes this line:
As a bonus action you may spend 3 ki to enhance your unarmed strikes further.
For the duration of 1 minute your unarmed strikes deal an additional damage equal to half of your proficiency bonus rounded down.

Monks don't even fit into classic fantasy, remove them entirely, just like psio, err "mysics".

>muh medieval fantasy

Stop doing that.
Monks are clearly muscle-wizards i.e just another flavour of gish but special in that it doesn't try to cast spells.

Give examples of what you have so far.

When grappling or grappled by some, if an eldritch knight use arcane charge would the person grappled/grappling be teleport with him?

Suggestions for playing as Max Stirner?
>Chaotic neutral is a spook

Refluff it.

How long does it take a revanent to form?

>1. Do I run it like a normal adventure, or is it just sample dungeons to put in adventures I make?
You can do. It has level ranges for each adventure and the progression seems to have been set up so it can work as an adventure. But you could also just throw them in as dungeons, yes.
>2. What level does it take pcs to?
15 or so, I believe, not counting Tomb.

Anyone has any house rules that they wanna share about Cleric's new UA Spell "Ceremony"? My group thought of some up for the Marriage one. I'm hoping some here might wanna share some ideas while I post mine.

>Marriage:
- The usual effect, but works for all other beings within the "Creature" criteria.
- Changed "once" to "once a year". (most campaigns might not last a year of in-game time, but it's still better than once.)
- Added an "Anniversary" function to it, which lets the same pair have the same +2 AC Marriage buff, +1 per yearly ritual ceremony (caps at +5).
- Added a special rule that depending on the Deity the Cleric works with, Polygamy and Divorcing are added options,
-- Divorcing resets marital status and any future anniversary bonuses with that other person (remarrying keeps it at +2 AC on Anniversary Ceremonies forever)
-- Polygamy grants +1 AC to you and all your harem within a bonus +50 Feet to the standard range from each other (Anniversary caps at +3 for Polygamous Marriages).

So far, I am thinking of how to write on how much more interesting Funeral Rites could be for Married Couples under a Cleric's Deity, or if if they did a heroic sacrifice/some crime/etc within their lifetime that would please/enrage your Cleric's deity. Because to me, all the Ceremonies should have some kind of mutation based on each deity, or am I wrong?

>classic fantasy
What exactly is "classic fantasy"? Why doesn't, say, Journey to the West come under that heading?

I also like how medieval fantasy conveniently ignores the existence of Christian monks.

What's the sweet spot of 5e? If it was around 6-10 in 3.5 (wide possibilities and resources all around), what would it be in 5e?

Sounds gross and OP.

>harem
how about no.

I'm DMing a party of 5 and during character creation they all made monks.

We were going to start with LMoP, but instead I want to homebrew something that is going to be fun with the party composition. Any ideas?

Also, what monsters are immune to stun? There doesn't seem to be many, which is going to be annoying at level 5.

You forgot the most important thing at making monks viable;
>Cure the player of his crippling retardedness and help him through school

Monks are fine.

Is the mega trove not working for anyone else? I was trying to get LMoP but it looks like it's down.

Are you on mobile?

No, I'm using a laptop.

Yeah, I am still working on it. I would just keep Anniversary as more of a repeat Marrage, but with extra resources paid yearly as to keep evidence of a good union.

Polygamy is Polygamy. I am not using that for my campaign, but I just added it there for flavor. That's all up to you. Also, I edited out the rights to having an Anniversary with a Polygamous union. I think the diminished returns for marrying multiple times (once per each character) is expensive enough as is. I also modified it so that Divorce works ONCE, as well. And Marriage under a different deity can be possible, but that depends on the relationship between the current deity and the last deity that made their union happen. Or else, it would be a negative AC gain.

Honestly, this is why I posted this here, I want feedback. And the UA disclaimer does say that we are free to experiment with their published experimental content.

not working for me i'm on a laptop as well

Friendly reminder that short rests lasting an hour makes your games boring as cspan.

A bunch of classes start to feel unique around 11. Fighter gets its 3rd attack, rogue gets reliable talent, warlock gets its 3rd pact slot and mystic arcanum so it finally starts to feel like a capable caster, 6th level spells are the spot where the casters feel sufficiently differentiated and they generally have enough slots to not fall back on cantrips too much

No.

Get rid of the 24 hour bonuses.

Add the following:
- Both becomes immune to charm, being protected by the divine spell.
- you are capable of using the help action as a bonus action if the help target is your spouse
- You can sense of the other is in severe danger, provided they know it themselves (like in a battle they are losing, or just a very difficult fight), and you instantly know if they die.
- You gain 1 additional hit die to spend on healing. This hit die is a d12.

Make it have small fluffy and thematic traits, something that makes it have an impact on the game, without being flat boring bonuses.

How so?

We just generally fast forward through them as a "take a breather, get some food and drink, and quickly check up on your hear if the short rest is in a potentially dangerous location. "

mechanically it is fine, but i don't want to give my players meta reasons to be creepy fucks. no magical realm bullshit here, take your harem of fox girls back to pfg.

>- Both becomes immune to charm, being protected by the divine spell.
While nice sounding, this shit would break the game.

Most people never take a short rest, because if you can afford to wait an hour, you can afford to wait multiples, in most narratives.

Yes! This is far better! Flat bonuses are really bad, indeed. Dunno why I stuck with the current template. Also, how about penalties with the addition of divorcing and different deities making the union? Because my current plan is trying to break the global mold of the spell's function.

I still haven't wrapped my head around this

Typ
Tomb of horrors
False entrance #2
The sliding block track moves 6 inches per initiative count, until 0 where it closes.

When they trigger the trap - they roll initiative.

How do I factor in movement and time?

If a character has 60 ft movement(dash) and he is 30 feet away, does that mean that if he rolls under 10~ he can't make it and it slams shut?

I'm trying to wrap my head around this so it doesn't sound awkward

>different deities making the union?
And by that I mean, any good/bad things from marrying under a cleric's deity.

Trove is kill again.

Revenant it!
I trust Mega-user.

>Both becomes immune to charm, being protected by the divine spell.
make it advantage on saving throws against charms while in sight of your partner, or add your proficiency if you already have advantage on it or something.

so a sex god demons shit can still lure you on a bad roll.

also bonus action help is kind of strong and meta defining enough for anyone to get a spouse. but i guess it's fine and shit. the rest is fine, dinner with your spouse heals you a bit more, it's gold.

>Most people never take a short rest, because if you can afford to wait an hour, you can afford to wait multiples, in most narratives.
So because you get a lunch break at work, you sleep 8 hours instead, because if you can afford take a lunch break, you can afford to sleep for 8 hours, right?

Besides, you can inly long rest once per 24 hour, so youd retarded 10 hour days where you sleep 8 hours, adventure for 2, and then repeat ad nausea, would not work.

Would be funny if the spouse was a Succubus in disguise. And by the rules invested in the spell's vanilla form, they keep the bonuses of marriage. You married someone who may or may not haunt you for life!

>until 0 where it closes
i'm assuming it just means that they have to get in in one turn, else they are fucked.

Adventuring as people richer than 99% of the population is a far different environment than working in corporate user. Your analogy makes no sense.

>Besides, you can inly long rest once per 24 hour, so youd retarded 10 hour days where you sleep 8 hours, adventure for 2, and then repeat ad nausea, would not work.

This is what most people do user. They fight a bit, blow their wad, rest, roleplay a little downtime activity.

more like getting cucked by game mechanics.

Next time, make a MEGA account, and send it all to your own cloud, instead of downloading it. MEGA's disclaimer and terms say that nothing there is trackable unless the tracker has the link itself. Basically, once they are in your cloud, so long as you don't share your own cloud's content, you should be fine.

And that doesn't make it any less funny! Ha!

Thanks user :)

Just throwing out ideas. Considering several races and options gain advantage or immunity to charm, I assumed it wasn't a big deal.

I can't remember anyone using the help action in combat before, and most people have a far better use of that bonus action anyway. If you can use it, that would be amazing.

I am GMing 90% of the time, and I'd be all for this kind of help spam between a couple.

Wait, am I reading the Insightful Fighting feature of that gothic UA rogue right? You can sneak attack as a bonus action, attack once more with your regular action?

RAW the marriage spell can be cast on multiple people.
Ettins, Hydras, Revenants, Death Dogs and Bugbear Chiefs have advantage vs stun.
Helmed Horrors and Demiliches are immune.
How many times does the Fey Ancestry advantage on saves vs charm come up for you?
>also bonus action help is kind of strong and meta defining
It's something Mastermind Rogues can do at level 3 and I don't think I've heard many people here talking about that

What would be the best race/class/background combonation to emulate an Indiana Jones-lile character? I was thinking of making a Yuan-ti rogue that hates humans but there must be better ideas.

It's for doing the Yawning Portal adventures im AL so please stick to PHB + 1

But everyone is going to roll above 0

>How many times does the Fey Ancestry advantage on saves vs charm come up for you?
It's not that, it's the amount of spells that auto fail if the target can't be charmed.

>This is what most people do user. They fight a bit, blow their wad, rest, roleplay a little downtime activity.
And most GMs worth their salt wouldn't allow it. Or they'd start throwing shit at you for being meta gaming little shits.

If you had half a brain, you'd have no trouble keeping enough resources for a full day of adventuring.

You must be/have a shitty DM.

ranger with some scholar background, you need history, arcana and survival at the very least, some sort of ranged option, maybe hand crossbows and a whip.

Not everyone has 60ft movement though.

but how far are they from the door thing?
if they are more than 30 ft away, they can't make it.

halfling rogue with a giant fedora, who consistently makes mis-aligned actions but protests with screeching when called on it

The corridor dead ends 30 feet after the trap.

Since Ceremony doesn't consume the material... does that mean you can create infinite holy water?

>consecrate every vial of water that you come across for free.
>sell each vial for 25 gp

Speaking of the sliding trap in TYP.

This happened yesterday.

Completely derailed and threw me off.

>they are trapped by the sliding block
>try tons of stuff for 30 minutes/2days
>starving
>bag of holding has a mirror of lifetrapping
>holds up to 12 people - they dont age or need to eat drink sleep
>all of them go into the mirror - they etch the command phrase all over the walls

And that was it

How long should they be trapped? Or should they never be found?

Should I just let someone find them almost a million years later in a different setting?

>paladin with 8 Dex
>rolls a natural 1

That is honestly awesome. And come on, it won't take that long for another group of adventurers to go to the Tomb of Horrors, but the problem is that if another group finds the mirror and have time to read the command phrase... Won't that mean that they got trapped by the sliding block too?

Got my Yawning Portal today, man this book is sooooo much prettier in person.

Anyone planning on running some of the adventures in it?

How about running them one after another almost like an adventure path?

And then there are massive stocks of Holy Water which can only be a good thing.

I would say that the charm auto-fails should happen within proximity of your spouse, rendering splitting up a detriment when this passive is gained. Of course, that user said "while in sight", so blinding awareness can also temporarily break the passive. Being separated from each other can really create drama, you know. Both in-character and meta-wise.

Of course, I'm inclined to use what suggested. The part about having perma-advantage on save rolls for any and all charm types. But! What if we let the charms happen, and would only break if the charm is used against the spouse? Adding proficiency to the charm break save throw with advantage for being married to that target? It will still leave a margin of fail, and it can make "The Power of Love" that big of a hit.

They will get sucked into the mirror too, until it is full

Maybe 300 years - and they have 7 adventurers in there with them.

When they are let out - they are still trapped but with more people and they must fight to get back into the mirror to live.

I'll just roll a d100 to see how long until another group shows up, then dc10 adventuring skill to prop a bar up and stop it.

Non-Elemental Monks are fine. Give Elemental Monks real spell slots.

Alternatively you could allow a spouse to use any action, even a reaction, to auto cleanse the charm, if within 50 yards. Removes all that advantage and whatnot, prevents accidential immunity to effects that it shouldn't work against, but still gives a strong sense of the marriaged couple being faithful to one another of theu just get a quick nudge by their spouse.

Five Deadly Venoms. Convince them to go Lawful Evil. Someone killed their master. It was an inside job to steal the secret of the Venom Strike technique.

I gave them spell points of a EK/AT that follow the ki restriction chart. They can still also spend ki on the disciplines.

What's their level, and do they have any long-living races among them? An elf, dwarf, gnome? If so, they could just wait outside the mirror, as long as they had Goodberry and Create Water. Even a halfling or half-elf might be able to pull this off.

Don't fuck over your entire party of monks by trying to find stun-immune monsters to constantly use.

It's ok to do sometimes, but let them have their gimmick.

2 gnomes no spell casters.

I feel like a lot of DMs immediately try to go for doing that shit. I'd rather have it so that every once in a while there'd be a fight where every monster is immune to just one of the party member's main things, that way everyone gets to feel useful. Unless that's an even dumber idea.

Do any of them have ranged capabilities? Throw a single flying creature with a bow at them and watch them all die.

>gimmick

At some point combat would be "you stun the monster repeatedly and it dies"

Here's what I've got so far - please ignore spelling errors and the text falling off the page at the end.

Several of the archetypes have 9th level spells or approximate equivalents as 18th level features. I figure this is balanced, simply because spellcasting is so powerful but at the same time it shouldn't be limited away to only spellcasting classes when the features are thematically appropriate.

Monks can catch arrows, spears and such then for a ki point throw them back at the target.

Funny DM moments?

>session starts, ended on cliffhanger
>finally face to face with the BBEG
>his tone has always been holier than thou insults
>greets us like we are honored guests
>spiel about us being saviors
>calls us red knights (other groups name) invites us to his feast
>tell him ooc we aren't the red knights
>without missing a beat he contiunesnhis speech welcoming us and saving daughter
>piece of chandelier falls on his head
>back to evil
>"And I am blessed to receive such honored - YOUR SOULS WILL BLEED FOR ETERNITY "

Leslie Nielsen tier bbeg

Trove was taken down again by another DMCA.

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v6
mega.nz/#F!ulIUkIAL!x48TmOGNLnKh1afhIs6Gbw

For the record: these last two takedowns have been from Roll20, not from WotC.

One more and I have to switch to a new account. I've got that set up to go already so there shouldn't be any big downtime if that happens.

>wizards get a healing spell

WHAT THE FUCK

rip megaanon

My theurgy wizard knows mass heal.

You're a good man, don't let anyone tell you any different.

Luckily Stunning Strike is not an automatic success, and legendary resistance is a thing. The gimmick can be handled without nullifying it.

>Roll20

Wait, so that really was just a faggot troll a few threads ago? I mean I thought he was a faggot and a snitch.

Something something Wizards of the Coast something something not martials.

Well Eldritch Knights can also get that spell now. And Arcane Tricksters.

Your story sounds like something that could be funny but the way you explained it barely makes any sense.

The block starts moving at twenty. At 19 it's six inches from the wall.
One player's initiative count is 16. At this point it's two feet from the wall, leaving 8 feet of hallway unobstructed. He'll probably make it past.
The next player's initiative is 15. The block is 2 1/2 feet from the wall, leaving 7 1/2 feet unobstructed. He'll probably make it too.
The lowest player's initiative is 5. He's only got 2 1/2 feet of space to move through. He's gonna have to squeeze through, which is half speed. If he can't get past where the block is by the end of his turn, initiative will continue counting down and reach zero, at which point the hallway is completely obstructed. If he's still in spaces blocked by the block, he's gonna get crushed to death.

The passage states the block is 10 feet wide, and I'm assuming this is in reference to the hallway (20 initiative counts at 6 inches each count means 10 feet) but I'm not seeing anything that says clearly how long the block is. Is it ten feet wide, meaning the players only have to run ten feet before they're free? Is it fifty feet, blocking the whole tunnel between the entrance and the triggering floor tiles?

Personally, I'd go for fifty. Even small characters with lower movement speed would be able to make it out with a dash, and it's also long enough that if they're having to squeeze they're not gonna make it, unless they figure out a way to block the block.

yeah this ua is trash

you mean the UA elixer thing?

So? It's basically just a health potion. And takes a minute to create. Nowhere near as good as a proper healing spell.