Dude Red Haste Gideon LMAO

>Dude Red Haste Gideon LMAO
what did wizards mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

mythicspoiler.com/akh/cards/kefnetthecareful.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Rakdos good again?

Jesus christ, and people thought Theros gods were a letdown

new magic sets have been 90% disappointment if you don't feel like wasting your money on the shitty standard format

LOL

i was hoping for amonkhet to be good, they fucked even the card frames.

nu-wotc is shit.

At least threes gods had value. These gods seem like they were put into a extreme balance manosphere machine

>DUDE GODS LMAO
At least Theros gods had flavor with devotion this is just trash.
Objectively worse Purphoros

Its kind of funny that the Veeky Forums leak from over a year ago about an egypt themed set being a spiritual successor to Theros and Kamigawa ended up being enterily true down to the dissapointment

>Purphoros
Man, he's cool though. I stuffed him into my goblin deck so fast.

as an EDH dude, Theros gods were fun as commanders and had some cool flavor

but Amonkhet has not wowed me so far

The only thing from this set that interest me is the embalm mechanic because I want WB warriors in Frontier, but theres not a single good card for it yet. The minotaur warrior you can exert is more or less what I want, but its in fucking red.

I just need something that functions similar to Mogis's Maurauders in white or black.

To this day Kamigawa remains the most disappointing set to me. Not the worst, just most squandered potential.

Why did blue get shafted so hard?

Since when is magic /v/ discussion? I thought mtg was Veeky Forums.

We also discuss Youtube, Twitter, and a number of other things. Welcome.

all the gods are shit so far

and as for blue, new players apparently are triggered by counterspells, so we're stuck with Creatures: the Tappening for the forseeable future

Do you know what those moon runes mean?

mythicspoiler.com/akh/cards/kefnetthecareful.html

flavor is nice but the card is SHIT

>Flying, Indestructible.

>Can attack/block if 7+ cards in hand.

>3U: Draw a card and you may return a land to hand

What a piece of crap.

How can you make a card that might as well read "Do nothing, waste a turn, mana fuck yourself" and think is anything interesting

>red haste gideon
lol you're funny user.

>a Rare is a more interesting card/commander than any of the gods so far

bravo Wizards

I'm guessing that you would play this more as a late game mana sink/draw engine rather than a god then. That doesn't sound that horrible, but I guess it depends if control gets anything nice.

Yeah, I would like better land destruction and counterspells in modern before I get back into it.

If it was 6+ it would be much more doable but the fact that it's literally impossible to use until turn 5, not to mention you have to actively avoid casting any type of counterspells to avoid reducing your hand size, means this card will never see play.

Objectively worse Azure Mage.
Amazing, truly 7 year NWO plan is huge success

>crew HoK before it dies
>wasting mana
>8 possible gideons in deck with 4 of them having a minor inconvienence.
lmao

This is the only thing that interests me so far. If they can make some decent repeatable counter generation then I am down for this.

>I'm guessing that you would play this more as a late game mana sink/draw engine rather than a god then.
Why not just play Dovin Bahn then?

It seems like anything higher than a -1/-1 counter wouldn't activate it, though. The wording isn't very good.

>crew HoK before it dies
That's why you grasp it while it's attacking.
Even as aggressive as mardu vehicles are, it's highly unlikely they'll use up all their cards for Hazoret to swing T4.

there are only -1/-1 counters, though

I dig the focus on cycling/discard and -1/-1, and there are some neat cards for EDH, but the gods have been a massive letdown so far

it's a mediocre commander since I don't think the token would could as commander damage

Good point. Fuck. Atleast it can go wide with persist, wither, and infect. I'll still try to make a janky GB deck for modern.

well, I know what's going in my casual EDH decks

fun in EDH/10

Is there anything saying that a creature can cost 0 mana to cast? Because Hazoret's Monument is going in my aforementioned Goblin deck anyways, I may as well toss a handful down for free.

>Is there anything saying that a creature can cost 0 mana to cast?

what do you mean? And it only removes one generic mana, not a red mana

Yes, creatures can cost 0 to cast. Not less though.

>Frontier
kys yourself

At that point though it's just a game of poker and callouts.

>one generic mana
Damn. But that's only fair.

-X/-X aren't counters. There only exist 1/1 counters(after NWO)
If the card would put X -1/-1 counters it would spawn X tokens

Those all seem pretty nuts, but they make me want to run a deck with all five of those and all six Oaths from OGW, EDM and AER

Unless you have a way to reduce the color cost too, you still have to pay that cost. But if you do reduce all casting cost including the colored cost then you can cast a card for free as long as it meets the criteria.

prediction: one of the gods is going to be massively better than the others, annoying everyone

and there will be another smuggler's copter-like card that slipped through QA and will be a 4-of in all standard decks

I just want my WB warriors and all the good ones are from Khans. Pls no bully.

>Want to get back into MtG
>Completely broke
Are there any free card games that play like magic? I tried shadowverse/hearthstone, but they just don't cut it.

If it's colorless creature sure

you can play online for free, try one of the unofficialMTG clients like XMage or untap.in

>magic duels
If you put enough time into it, you can make some pretty cool decks

Well they haven't printed -2/-2 counters in fucking forever (they just do multiple +1/+1 or -1/-1 counters now), and it's specifying numeric negative counters, so yeah, +1/+1 counters, charge counters, quest counters, brick counters, experience counters, poison counters, and ice counters don't work with it. Or the host of other weirdass counter types.

They look good but "Cast a creature" is pulling them down

Can't kill what's already dead

Get fucking rekt, faggots. Have fun in your containment board.

MODS = FAGS

I will, enjoy politics :^)

It's too bad. /v/ was busy discussing politics and an actual discussion came up and was moved. I guess /v/ really is nu/pol/

but we've been moved from the containment board to the best board on Veeky Forums

I want my Dominaria back, but not with nu wizards art and writing.

>Brick Counter
On one hand, flavorful.
On the other hand: It annoys me to no end that Wizards just keeps doing these parasitic designs. Why not make it a charge counter so it can synergize with other charge counter cards?

it works with proliferate, right?

Think about what would happen if that would happen for a day.
Half the cards would be broken as shit

Yeah, because it's a counter and Proliferate works with any kind of counter.
I'm just sad and miss Fifth Dawn

Good. Worst case is an otherwise useless card gets banned from an eternal format, best case is something fun happens.

Can't think of many that would be broken with this. You can still use unique counters in certain situations, especially in Legacy, the only place where those interactions would actually come up.

kek

This is some kamigawa tier shit

Holy fucking shit I'm glad I stopped playing this game while it was still somewhat decent. These cards are pretty much Yugioh tier power creep. Back in the day a cost 4 5/4 with no abilities would be enough to be considered a rare legendary card, wtf.

really nigga
that card is shit

it may be huge but when it hits the table it will do jack shit

Bird looks nice for a control finisher.
Mana sink that you can use at instant speed for drawing cards. 5/5 Flyer if you can get him online, which shouldn't be hard as blue. Can bounce cycling lands to your hand to cylce them for more digging.

>can't attack
>can't block
>BUT ITS A 5/4!!!!

Holy shit, SO POWERCREEP

Also bouncing a land to your hand + draw increases your hand size by two. So it is pretty good at enabling itself.

Overall the bird seems like a really good card to me.

If anything legacy cards are more broken than anything standard has

He will be interesting in equipment decks though
>slap a sword of feast and famine on any little shrimp
>guaranteed value

>At that point though it's just a game of poker and callouts.
No, it's just good form. Why would you kill a creature that can crew during opponent's main phase?

When was 'back in the day' for you, anyways?
Because I want to know if you are right or not. You'd be surprised what's been printed even back in the past.
Besides, this thing is not only a rare and legendary, it can't function as a creature most the time.

I prefer the gearhulks so far

chances are if you have two black mana left open on my turn I'm gonna go ahead and assume you have something. One benefit with Hazoret is that he can be a blocker unlike gideon

Then it just gets killed at the end of the turn

Bontu's got a spot in my Kambal deck.

And people complained about Kamigawa.

I didn't think this was that unpopular an opinion, but I like the gods so far. I'm not saying they're good. the red god does have a place if they print enough of a curve for 21 mountains to come back though.
That being said, I enjoy them not retiring the God creature type, I enjoy the story angles of having Gids try and reconsider his stance on Gods, morality, and himself. I also enjoy the risks there taking mechanically. While these two are very underwhelming, the hand size requirements remind me of Kamigawa, and the new approach to the artifact cycle in every other block is genuinely interesting. So far, the interactions of the various cards with each other as well as possible interactions with the current standard/modern/whatever meta have me interested.
TLDR: I like the bad thing

Anyone notice the way all the aftermath cards synch? Fuse and split cards had the x and y theme going, this one seems to have the x to y one. Destined to lead, prepare to fight, etc.

I still this thing male(male) or female(male)? Those are clearly tits.

Oketra's Monument + Whitemane Lion is a sweet little combo

>Anyone notice the way all the aftermath cards synch? Fuse and split cards had the x and y theme going, this one seems to have the x to y one. Destined to lead, prepare to fight, etc.

No. No one has noticed this.

Because we're all fucking blind. Only you can see the truth.

She's just female.

Chair Lightning?

ITT: Veeky Forums being so bad it can't even play RDW correctly

>cries about "Creatures: the Tappening"

Dude, this game was always about creatures.

>b-but muh spells

WotC printed some nasty stuff in the past but that was a mistake like most combo decks.

>b-but I don't like to play that much creatures
Then you'd quit.

Jesus Christ. No wonder MaRo started printing every shit on cards (cycling or discard) if their costumers are THIS dumb.

>Dude, this game was always about creatures
No, not really, otherwise it would be called Creatures: the Tappening.

>WotC printed some nasty stuff in the past but that was a mistake like most combo decks
Stay in standard Timmy.

>Then you'd quit
Why would I quit when I can play non-shit formats that are miles better than Standard will ever be?

Playable as a curvetopper in modern Jund. Make sure to buy them out from your LGS before people realize this.

>Is there anything saying that a creature can cost 0 mana to cast?
You mean like Ornithopter?

Dang son, not even "started in Kaladesh" new, you're like, straight off the boat.

There's always cockatrice

It could be one of those reverse devoid's like pact of negation.

Of note, if you embalming his commander recast doesn't get worse.

Try Eternal. Probably one of the better free digital card games out there. Closer to magic design than things like Hearthstone.