I was thinking of possibly not doing this one again but fuck it, we're doing an encore after all those dumps

I was thinking of possibly not doing this one again but fuck it, we're doing an encore after all those dumps.

Elric: The Ruby Throne and Stormbringer.

>maeglin
>better at what Elric does than Elric himself

I'm rusty on my Tokien but if Maeglin ain't responsible for pushing the reset button on the universe, that ain't the case.

“Who can know why the Cosmic Balance exists, why Fate exists and the Lords of the Higher Worlds? Why there must always be a champion to fight such battles? There seems to be an infinity of space and time and possibilities. There may be an infinite number of beings, one above the other, who see the final purpose, though in infinity, there can be no final purpose. Perhaps all is cyclic and this same event will occur again and again until the universe is run down and fades away as the world we knew has faded. Meaning, Elric? Do not seek that, for madness lies in such a course.”

I am not familiar with this.

Familiar with what?
This adaptation or the series as a whole?

The series. It helps I've never been into Conan in general so that probably explains it.

Looks neat through. Will give a read.

What's Elric got to do with Conan?

Do it, Absolutely essential fantasy reading if you want to understand the roots of Warhammer and DnD. Also helps that the books themselves are pretty good.
Not sure myself. But Elric was written to be the anti-Conan.

I misread a section on the wiki. I thought the two were related.

The books themselves are excellent*

>Elric was written to be the anti-Conan.
They honestly seem remarkably similar. Thematicly.

There is a crossover though.
It's also possibly canon.

How would you say that?

Meh, we scanlated a lot of scifi and fantasy and this is what you're reposting?

Yes

No, that's Turin, the human fuckup that also has a talking, black bladed sword forged by Maeglin's asshole father. Actually, Maeglin aspires to all of the degenerate things Elric wants to do away with, and he topples a hidden city of lawful good elves by accident while seeking their approval. Maeglin wanted to fuck his cousin and in all likelihood his sword Anguriel betrayed him to Sauron, and Turin was a sisterfucker incapable of a good choice, who's sword, Gurthang, laughed at him when he killed himself.

Misery loves company