What games would you play in your 1:1000 model of Tokyo?

What games would you play in your 1:1000 model of Tokyo?

Other urls found in this thread:

thepolisblog.org/2011/09/photo-realistic-model-of-tokyo-braces.html
mori.co.jp/en/company/urban_design/urbanlab/works/works04_3.html
history.com/this-day-in-history/six-killed-in-oregon-by-japanese-bomb
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Wake_Island#War_crimes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Pearl_Harbor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I sure hope there's a crane that swings out over that.

Godzilla cosplay

Came here to say this.

This is one of these "I found a thing and need to make a thread about it"-threads, right?
Another thread died for this
But have fun with this one, I guess

Exalted Modern.

A dead thread with no posts for the past ~5 hours

Whatever would we do without vigilant amateur janitors like you, protecting all those threads at the bottom of page 11 that haven't been bumped for hours

Would 40kEpic models be too large for this?

World War 2 reenactment of the nuke dropping.

Now the only logical conclusion is that thanks to your bump this thread stays on the front page for slightly longer. Congratulation.

Cover the entire thing with gasoline, let it dry up a bit until the entire thing is covered with a volatile fog, invite your smoker friend for a smoke break, Look him in the eyes and say "Smoking kills" while throwing your lighter at the mini city, and walk off like a badass for 0.210 seconds until the fireball catches up and consumes you.

>40k is around 1/60 scale
>An Imperial Guardsman on this table would be almost 1000 feet tall

Epic was 1:285, so a Guardsman would stand around 21 feet tall here.

These guys know what's what.

Is there a Gundam tabletop game? Because that would be fucking amazing

Wtf are you talking about?

EDF! EDF! E! D! F!

There's a fanmade game using gunpla models, but that's it

Monsterpocalypse

Monsterpocalypse, or similar.

How was this not the first answer?

Scale: miniatures vs. building scales. The Tokyo board is 1:1000, so 40k and Epic miniatures would be highly oversized compared to the terrain.

My first reaction was "I'll go put on a Godzilla costume"

ERP. Pic extremely related.

What is the actual purpose of this model?
The scale is too small for gaming, and if this were at a more table top model friendly scale it'd be ginormous. Though with a couple of cranes, it'd probably be fun as fuck.

You're not very good at history.

>Touring the model is a fascinating introduction to Mori’s vision for the city, which is planned for construction after the company consolidates enough subdivided residential plots. “Just a matter of patience,” the guide assured us.

thepolisblog.org/2011/09/photo-realistic-model-of-tokyo-braces.html

Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Tokyo, who cares. Blow em' up.

Hell, I could do alternate history where they carpet bomb Tokyo with explosives, then I could throw firecrackers everywhere.

There is only one option.

>tfw IRL ants are probably to-scale for the board.

>he doesn't know about sage

Holy shit, you could play some INCREDIBLY autistic Shadowrun games on that. Assuming you have the equipment and harness to suspend all players over that city, at least.

>Hell, I could do alternate history where they carpet bomb Tokyo with explosives,

Alternate history? On the night of March 9-10 1945, the US did exactly that with both HE and napalm destroying 16 square miles and killing more Japs than either Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Normally Chairforce stuff bores me, but wouldn't you be able to do some nearly accurate scale fast jet dogfighting at this small scale?

so someone who can do math, how long is one edge of that?

Adeptus Evangelion.

>two wasnt enough

With fucking tiny planes maybe.

ok this isn't necessarily the same model but its a 1:1000 tokyo, mori.co.jp/en/company/urban_design/urbanlab/works/works04_3.html
it says
>Exhibit 1: Tokyo Model (2002)
>Scale: 1/1,000 Size: 10,200 x 7,650mm
so thats 33 feet by 25 feet about.
so a 1/60 one would be like 550 ft x 420 ft, and a 1/285 one would be 116 ft x 88 ft.

someone fund this really expensive wargame camp in an abandoned football stadium on kick starter. i wont go but i'll watch the documentary.

So bad at history.

Have a hot girl walk on it, obviously.

Beat me to it

A hot girl in a skimpy Godzilla halloween costume. I assume those exist.

I'm just here to call you a fag.

Came here to post this.

Extremely intricate games of shadowrun

SPBP

>Not modifying it into slightly sci-fi tokyo-3 with all hidden rockets and nuclear mines
>Not playing Adeptus Evangelion repeatedly on the same board
>Not modelling the damage as the city gets blasted to bits in giant monster attacks
God this appeals to my autism

A homebrew wargame where one player is a kaiju and the other commands military and emergency services to try to both stop the destruction and reduce casualties.

That is interesting and slightly creepy. But it makes sense to build a model like that if you have such a grand vision (even if that vision seems a bit nuts).
That picture, why would you do that?

>Place moderate amount of gunpowder in the middle
>Pretend to right what had gone wrong

>What games would you play in your 1:1000 model of Tokyo?

I don't see much that could work in such a delicate model but you could use a projector to project a grid showing a fight for territory control which you play out in smaller mini campaigns. Could be fun for a kind of mix of wargame and RPG.

>came here to say this XD XD

Jesus Christ when did this place turn into fucking Redddit?

when you started posting here

Pretty sure that scale is smaller than 1/1000.

Modern air combat, just need some 1/1000 aircraft (although I'm sure 1/600 would be fine stand ins) and you're good to go. It would be an awesome table for air combat, but you might run into problems trying to move things in the center of the table....

>nuke dropping
They didn't nuke it, but they did firebomb the shit out of it.
The emperor, who had just visited Tokyo after the intense firebombing was the one to break the tie in the high command and convince his country to surrender, so it could be argued the bombing of tokyo was more important than the destruction of 2 non-military cities.
That and the soviet invasion in manchuria and threat to the Chinese theater - where the majority of the Japanese army had been for the entire war.

Signed.

I wouldn't play anything, I'd just obsessively look at it, just looking really close at all the crazy details. Maybe once I get tired of that I'd use it as a map for RPG sessions

The fire bombing most certainly sealed the deal, but theres no way it was more important than the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, those bombs set a precedence of terror, letting the Emperor know that America could wipe him and his country off the map, literally, and rather than just the threat of being caught in the fire bombing, perhaps he felt the firebombing was just a prelude to a possible third h-bomb being dropped on Tokyo, and that is what pushed the Emperor to surrender, but without the two h-bombs, it's unlikely even fire bombing Tokyo would have pushed the emperor to surrender.

YES~~~~

SUITIMATION IS BACK, BABY~

>the JAVs where female Ultraman kicks Godzilla into a building and it explodes with pyrotechnics, only to later get bent over the ruins and pounded

The absolute most bitchin' Epic game ever. Sure, things'd be a touch off-scale, but it's close. Need to use a gantry to move your models around, but that'd just be part of the fun.

Eh I disagree, most people in the Japanese high command didn't know or didn't care about the extent of the damage in 2 minor cities. All cities were getting bombed. It was the soviet invasion into Manchuria and the rolling back of their Chinese domain that was the main element in surrender. US tend to paint the nukes as "necessary" and the "main factor in surrender" but if you look closely you realize its not the case.
The damage to Tokyo was just what the Emperor had seen and so probably on his mind when he broke the tie in the high command (half the Japanese High Command wanted to continue fighting - surely if the nukes were so decisive, they would have all wanted to surrender?)

Is that a real thing? I must know for reasons.

this

Star Wars armada, were the imperials are invading earth and the rebels are trying to defend it.

>alternate
We actually did that as retaliation of Pearl Harbor
Funny how many jap civilians we killed and they didn't even kill one American civilian, probably the best example of talk shit get hit in history

>half the Japanese High Command wanted to continue fighting - surely if the nukes were so decisive, they would have all wanted to surrender?
The Japanese, at least a good portion of their military, had a very suicidal way of thinking, victory or death, I mean they had kamikaze pilots for fucks sakes, so it wouldn't be that big of a stretch for some of them to see entire cities being turned to molten slag and dust and still think only of victory in war.

>they didn't even kill one American civilian
history.com/this-day-in-history/six-killed-in-oregon-by-japanese-bomb

>they had kamikaze pilots for fucks sakes
At the end of the war, after they lost all their best pilots.

The commanders weren't suicidal. They weren't insane either, many were very smart. Sending people to die doesn't make you yourself suicidal, just desperate. As crazy as kamikaze sounds, it worked very well, causing more US casualties per pilot than any other method of aerial attack on naval vessels.

There's no need to become emotional about this, stay objective, read some books, look at the facts and the people involved. The Japanese high command aren't all insane kamikaze pilots, there's a spread of different characters with different attributes, like in any military council. All their cities were being bombed, regardless of the type of bomb. The main threat to their empire they perceived was the Soviet union advancing through China - a threat they knew they couldn't deal with and who wouldn't let them keep their society intact if they made it to the mainland. The US would set up a lot of military bases and put all the bad guys on trial, but the Japanese government and society would remain intact. Soviets on the other hand would immediately shoot any officers, send off the families of all the officers and fighters to subsist in underground caves in kazakhstan for 10 years like they did to the polish in 1940 (read about the Katyń Massacre)
Being conquered by the Soviets was a scary thing, much more scary than being conquered by the US. So they surrendered to the lesser of two evils. The Japanese also had a bit of an inferiority complex about the Soviets since the battle of Khalkhin Gol in 1939, where they were soundly whipped.

The main place where the Japanese fell down was their army and navy refused to co-operate, and the big-shot commanders like Yamamoto threatened to quit if their plans weren't executed.

55 died in the Pearl Harbor attack, and over 100 at wake island.

Actually that was due American friendly fire

I referred to 2 incidents. Please specify which you thought was "friendly fire"
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Wake_Island#War_crimes

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Pearl_Harbor
>Civilian Casualties: 68 killed

Pearl Harbor civilian kills were all friendly fire user

>That is interesting and slightly creepy
The article or the picture?

My bad if I sounded emotional, I just like to emphasize points with curse words. I hadn't known of the threat of the Soviet encroachment and what it meant for the Japanese, so I could concede my side of the debate. I might just have a bias to the subject cause I feel like the threat of the h bombs was a game changer, and don't like the thought that the majority of Japan might have just brushed it off when it occurred, at least that's what I get out of your explanation

Its tough when every time the nukes are mentioned it goes hand in hand with "necessary" and "ended WWII". I think its left overs from the Cold war to ignore Soviet actions in western media. Even during WWII the west was trying to ignore soviet actions and atrocities. Ignore them when they do bad shit because you need them as an ally, then ignore them when they do "good" shit because your technology is cooler. History is weird like that.

>came here to say this XD XD
>Jesus Christ when did this place turn into fucking Redddit?
Anybody have that picture with the happy young anime girl during early Veeky Forums, neutral during 2011-era Veeky Forums, and unhappy during current Veeky Forums?

I wouldn't lie about this sort of thing my man

God bless japan

Earthquake Simulator

>Jesus Christ when did this place turn into fucking Redddit?
Came here to say this

I'm going to need the code for this

*in* it, probably a game of "figuring out why I'm a tiny person in this giant empty metropolis".

Like, how long would it take to walk to the edges of tokyo where someone might have accidentally dropped enough crumbs for me live off of if I was scaled to fit the cityscape?

It's right there on the image dude

You can always find more by browsing relevant categories on your favorite JAV database (Female Warrior, Special Effects, Fighting Action et cetera)

Mechwarrior on a scale never before seen

Fuck, I'm blind. Thanks user.