/HHG/ Horus Heresy General

Bow down to your new Word Bearer overlords, losers- edition

>HHG FAQs
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 (embed)
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed)

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed)
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed)

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447 (embed)

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed)

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

>SINS OF THE FATHER
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html

>CHILDREN OF SICARUS
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>BREXIT WITH TITANS
mediafire.com/file/sc266oa6al1jb7o/the-binary-succession.mp3

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons of the Emperor.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Russ

First for best Primarch.

Alright kids, it's time to give your fellow user some advice. I've been tinkering around building lists, and I've come up with these 3 for 3k. Which of them would you most like to see on the table, both in terms of a cool looking army as well as something that would be fun to play against in a semi-competitive setting? not gonna list every single piece of wargear just for ease of typing.

Iron Hands Head of the Gorgon
iron father, termie, hammer
Orth
plasma vet squad
flamer vet squad
2 apothecaries
7 man gorgon squad
2x rhino tacticals
2x vindi squadrons, 2 vindis each
Mastodon

Night Lords Horror Cult
Jump Pack paragon Praetor
Jump pack Chappy
Apothecaries, 2 AA, 1 jump pack
Teleport Termies, Combi meltas and chainfists
2 19 man tac squads, both with Kharybdis DT
max Raptor squad
Kraken lightning strike fighter
knight Acheron

Ordo Reductor Matrix Of Ruin
Archmagos reductor, chainfist abeyant
Axiarch, power fist photo gauntlet

2x 20 Peltasts with hammershot in Triaros
2 min Thallax squads, melta bombs and destructor augment
2 Vulturax
Macrocarid with all the toys
Destructors with either imploders
Artillery tank battery, 2 tanks, Medusa cannons

let me know what you think of the lists, not sure which I want to do and haven't bought much yet.

First was for Alpha Legion.

A nice looking Archmagos is the best thing to come out of Gathering Storm desu

Vakrah Jal when?

Those are going to be fucking badass. I really hope they will release a shadow crusade book in the next years

R8 my custards list Veeky Forums, just need my tribune model on the way from China and I can play this

Fucking Asshole Tribune
-cyber familiar
-paragon spear
-praesidium shield
-digital lasers
-arae shrikes
-melta bombs

5-man Hetaeron Guard
-3 paragon spears
-2 solarite gauntlets
-prasidium shields
-arae shrikes
-Coronus
-extra armour
-armoured ceramite

Achillus
-dreadspear

5-man Custodia Guard Squad
-4 adrasite spears
-arae skrikes
-vexilla with sentinal warblade
-Coronus

5-man Custodia Guard Squad
-4 adrasite spears
-arae skrikes
-vexilla with sentinal warblade
-Coronus

Caladius

Caladius

Indeed. Big Magos and Thicc Saint. It's good to be an Imperial.

It's a shame that such cool looking marines are stuck in the worst legion.

>Omnissiah.
>Not even once.

I like the iron hands one the most. Night lords one gets 2nd place.

Every time I see this image I think of it as a digimon or pokemon evolution tree

You mean the best legion right?
You ultramarines never seem to learn

Magosmon digivolve to...
Caulmon!

>t.assblasted Lorgar

I don't see a Primarch in there.

Just the blasphemous spawn of Xenos necromancy.

It sort of is.
Omnissiah yes. Mmmm big Magos

>Just the blasphemous spawn of Xenos necromancy
>Implying the numbered mistakes aren't blasphemous warp spawn of the Emperor's Biomancy.
Guilliman I'd like pic related anyway. You could say he's always been a good...head of state :^)

The Iron Hands army is almost certainly the most fun of those to play against.

It only takes a brief skim to concluce that your list will be more than fine.

Unlike Ferrus.

> Be Me
> Aquired more names than I can fucking count serving the Emperor
> Some no-name Renegade Knight tears my legs off with his fucking Chainplank
> dying.jpeg
> Spend last few seconds of life counting names, realize I was one off 300
> WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> Aw well, good innings
> Come to
> Techpriests are plugging tubes into my nipples, their rasping seems more...sharp than normal
> 'Dafuq you speccy cunts?' I cry
> 'We making you a Dread bitch' they reply
> Realise I'm gonna spend all my free time with no one but those altzy fucks they keep in the shed
> WRYYYYYYYYYYY intensifies
> They put me to sleep, their breathing gets faster
> Terra's Tits sleeping's awesome! No wonder normal people do it all the time!
> Someones trying to wake me up, tell them to fuck off
> Valdor of all people comes down to see me, tells me a certain someone is on the battlefeild
> Wake up so fucking hard I punch through three bulkheads
> Horny bastards give me the D and Shooting Stars me onto the planet
> Fucker can cover himself in as many spikes and frowny faces as he likes, but I'd recognise him anywhere
> Good day today

> loli Astropath waifu
Um... ok?
> machine spirit waifu AND dark eldar waifu
What

Explain

Lat thread. Bitching about all the female characters in ADB books. Apparently girls aren't allowed to exist in 30k or some shit. Just ignore the mouthbreathers.

It's not about waifus. It's about SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE waifus.

Oh, also
> Perpetual waifu
Damn it

It's about ethics in waifu writing.

>this caused a big argument in the last thread
>let's see if we can get that going again
Must you?

>But Primarch Guilliman, per your own laws, nobody can twice lay claim to the title of Regent
>Yes, Valdor, no body. But as you can plainly see, I've got a shiny new body.

So what are some predictions if Armageddon is more or less a beta test of 8th edition rules ? Resurgence of heavy bolters and auto-cannons thanks to the -3 armor modifier ? I could see that putting a damper on Tactical mobs.

Or could FW decide to stick to 7th edition rule set ?

I was saying that we should ignore them. Not fucking argue this shit again. My Titan princeps and several of my characters are female and I do not give a shit. To each his own.

Now, what about those chainaxes? At least that shitstorm is 30k related.

>
Chain Axes are totally balanced and should be free to melee space marine armies.

Fuck you.

Blood Angels will be cancerous if it uses those rules.

I'd be fine with either 7th or Armageddon. Although I doubt 8th will be here for a while. They are still debating core rules.

Volkite becomes even more fun if it reduces marines' armour saves.
>get more unsaved wounds than before
>causing more bonus hits
>bonus hits result in more unsaved wounds as well

Are there any novels with a dread protagonist because I would read the shit out of belligerent sleepy rage fridge adventures.

Betrayer has Lhorke, the old Legion master of the World Eaters, and now a Contemptor. There's also Telemechrus from Know No Fear.

Shadow wars is litterally 2nd edition. GW might be trying to field test it but if they really wanted opinions on the 2nd edition ruleset and what its flaws and strong points were they could just have used google and read some forums.
And I mean, they didn't even fix the issues of 2nd edition in Shadow Wars, sooooo .... yeah.

Flamers with -2 armor save seem like they could do some damage now.

Also, I'm curious about power axes. They're listed as two handed but don't have a listed save modifier so their save modifier is strength dependent. Meaning +3 strength on a marine is a -4 save modifier... without unwieldy. Brutal.

>WE need to have chainaxe on the model
>Meanwhile BA get the same Str bonus with just any melee weapon

top kek.

How many of you guys use named special characters in your list?

Encarmine Fury > Rusty Nails in Brain

Well, you don't even really have to, its not as if WYSIWYG applies to Close Combat Weapons for fuckign frag grenades.

NOW DOES IT BITCH NON.

Toppp KeK.

(Parody aside)

Chainaxes at least look cool.

Why pay CCWs then ?

Free replacement of a CCW.

It makes perfect sense user, my Chain Axe is the same as my Chain Sword, except its better.

But technically the same

He's not the protagonist, but there's Brother Bombastus in the Sisyphean books. I thought the scenes where he started rapping were a bit weird though.
>THEY CALL ME BROTHER BOMBASTUS
>SAY ME FANTASTUS

If someone still has that old pdf of just the custodes shit in inferno lying around could they please put it up
in for a long ass bus ride tomorrow and wanna try some listbuilding to kill time, my phone doesnt have enough data to hold all of inferno but should be fine with that pdf

mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons of the Emperor.pdf

Please tell me that isn't a Mr Bombastic reference ...

T-Titus is that you?

Isn't that Cato 'Glory Hound' Sicarus?

How the fuck did you make a crop of a picture 12 times as big as the original?

thanks user

Ok, Scoria w/ abeyant get -1 to charge distance. His cyber-magic makes a unit of automata +1 to move and charge distance. When he joins the automata unit and cast cyber-magic on his unit, how will their movement be? Do they still have to use the slowest guy's movement distance?

>Loli astropath, machine spirit and Dark Eldar waifus
I NEED A SAUCE

Not really, I for one actually like them because of their willing embrace of Chaos, which is a whole lot more interesting then some of the other legions, who were victim of circumstance.

Its IMO the best thing BL ever did, to trigger the entire heresy by a psychological phenomenon that is well known and fairly common even today.

Top kek

>Blood Angels will be cancerous if it uses those rules.
>Implying nipple Assault cannons whilst being as fast as the ECs and as choppy as the WE and wielding swords of double wounding isn't cancerous already.

It is not cancerous if it's free.
Free stuff is always cool.

Just wait until those Sanguinary Guard all have Blades of Perdition. :^)

I see someone hasn't been reading his Regimental Standard. The Commissar has been informed.

He has to move at -1, but the boops (I use Vorax) can move at +1 so long as everyone stays in coherency. So if you need an 8" charge, roll a 7, you'll still be in because the Vorax can make it (ignoring the fact Scoria might be closest, but you get the idea) but Scoria can only move 6", which may mean Vorax #2 may have to stand in between him and Vorax #1 until pile-in to retain unit coherency. If you can't get to B2B contact while keeping the unit in coherency, charge fails. Most often it just means Scoria will be a little back from the front line so he's not in base to base round 1 but can still hit, so not a big deal, but it can fuck you up a little in fringe circumstances.

There was a 40k Admech vs. Tau game on Winters SEO's channel that showed the principle well - he had a Ruststalker pair and a Dominus in a unit (+3 charge for the former), rolled a 2 for a 5" charge and couldn't arrange his unit to stay in coherency because the Dominus lacked the +3", so he still failed the charge.

However, most times you will be able to use the+1 Boop Charge move to make charges, yes.

Should I give my thousand sons veterans all bolters with asphyx shells? It would work nicely with their rending and corvidae re rolls.

Or should I give them missile launchers instead?

Maybe Brotherhood of Psykers for a guaranteed divination+support power?

How does this look for a 3k Custodes list?

HQ: Constantin Valdor (All models have Teleportation Transponders) 275pt

HQ: Legio Custodes Tribune w/ Praesidium Shield, Digital Lasers, Melta Bombs, Cyber-Familiar, and Paragon Spear 275pt

Elites: Legio Custodes Contemptor-Achillus Dreadnought w/ Dreadspear 240pt

Troops: Legio Custodes Custodian Guard Squad of 5 w/ a Magisterium Vexilla/Sentinel WarBlade and Melta Bombs 310pt

Transport: Legio Custodes Coronus Grav Carrier w/ Extra Armor 140pt

Troops: Legio Custodes Custodian Guard Squad of 5 w/ Melta Bombs 300pt

Troops: Legio Custodes Custodian Guard Squad of 5 w/ Melta Bombs 300pt

Troops: Legio Custodes Sentinel Guard Squad of 5 w/ a Magisterium Vexilla and Solerite Power Gauntlet 325pt

Transport: Legio Custodes Coronus Grav Carrier w/ Extra Armor 140pt

Fast Attack: Pallas Grav Attack Squad of 1 w/ Extra Armor 90pt

Heavy Support: Legio Custodes Caladius Grav Tank w/ TL-Arachnus Blaze Cannon and Extra Armor 215pt

Heavy Support: Legio Custodes Caladius Grav Tank w/ TL-Arachnus Blaze Cannon and Extra Armor 215pt

Total = 3000pt

With Horus Heresy being a sort of fictional historical wargame how much of a purist are you ?

[ ] proper marks for all equipment, armour and vehicles, be it old metal GW or current FW
[ ] you can replace some things with modern equipment to save money, for example GW Rhinos
[ ] as long as it's GW or FW it's ok
[ ] even 3rd party is fine as long as it looks like HH and it's clear what is what

The TS player I saw last week had POTL and spammed sniper veterans with divination and asphyx shells, besides quad mortars and some other things.

He tabled his opponent by turn 3.

How does the economy work in 30k/40k. Who pays for this 10 thousand year constant state of war? We know there isn't infinite money otherwise guard would have power armour and bolters, so where does the money come from? Even if the imperium defeats all its enemies it's gonna have some serious post war economic issues, I think ultimately the biggest threat is the economy not chaos.

Former is Sev audio drama, and latter is Talon of Horus iirc

I'd save the missile launchers for heavy support squads, otherwise you'll have a non-specialized squad that won't know what to shoot at every turn. So, bolters with asphyx.

I'm a purist so I decked out my Siege of Terra Imperial Fists entirely in MK.7.

Someone plz gib a painting guide for russ

>for example GW Rhinos

Also known as Mars pattern Rhinos, which were also used during HH according to FW's own black books.

Seriously, does nobody read the black books anymore and assume that unless it is resin it didn't exist in 30k ?!

The Imperium doesn't care about paying, it just request the resources it needs to fight the wars. Evey planet has to pay a tithe in the resources it can provide, like food and water, manpower, raw materials, things like that. In return the planets can call on the various Imperial military organisations if things go south.

Holy shit. I have 3 squads ready to assemble, so thanks. I'm just running the thousand sons RoW with max infantry. 60 tactical marines with apothecaries with corvidae re rolls and maybe divination support.

Rerolling fury of the legion is awesome. I know rerolling 1s and 2s at bs4 is better than having bs5, but what's the math compared to rerolling 1s only?

Sev escapes from DA only to punch to death Astropath choir leader who abused his loli astropath waifu, and surrenders to DA again voluntarily.

Rerolling 1s is half as good as rerolling 1s and 2s. So if you already know the answer to the latter, devide in two and you got your answer.

Bullshit he did not rap I demand an excerpt

You have a 77% chance of hitting at bs4 rerolling 1's

>first captain of the skin-people-alive-then-fuck-them-to-death legion who decorate their armour with baby skulls
>caring about child abuse

As often as possible when it comes to praetor equivalent s
Almost every time you see a generic praetor he will be kitted out with the same shit

> Not MY waifu you SOB

Welcome to the Black Library.

Over here we just say a praetor has 'the usual' rather than paragon blade, digital weapons, and Iron halo all the time.

Sevatar is totally a loyalist. You know, the guy who coined, "Death to the false emperor."

Yeah, I started in 2nd and quite frankly I'm not looking forward to all the To Hit and range modifiers. Too long fucking about with the ruler.

OP like most other Custodes list. You'll be fine.

During the Great Crusade the Imperial Tithe was already in effect and squeezing recently-conquered planets pretty hard. Planets are assigned a governor to run things and they have to do the best they can with that tax siphoning wealth (and soldiers) off-world. Though in exchange, there's a chance that the Imperial Army/Guard and Space Marines will save them if they get invaded. Should work the same as any other society with a very high military budget.

Aaron's on record as saying he deliberately tried to make an edgy character with Sev, with an intent to deconstruct it. It's why there's hints that he's not going back to the NL and is going to disappear from records as MIA. I hope you're ready for him being recurited onto some kind of...suicide squad.

>Implying the Sanguinary Guard won't be an artificer + Double Wounding Assault squad.
>Or that White Scars won't have an all-glaive Jetbike unit.
HH6+ was a mistake, along with the Invictarii

He has to be there at the Terra for the False Emperor battlecry, doesn't he? IIRC it was even on the red book sidebar decription.

There is hope. It does say that the armour and weapons the Sanguinary Guard use in 40k are tradition going back to the Great Crusade, and they are described with those weapons in Fear t Tread. So here's hoping they're just a good AP3 marine mulching unit. Maybe perdition blade for a sergeant equivalent.

No, you are the only one.

Why all the extra armour? Is it really worth it?

Same. I also think too many weapons had armor penetration modifiers - even lasguns were -1!

imo, +/- 0 modifiers to hit or to penetrate armor should be the norm, and only special(ish) weapons should get modifiers. Okay, maybe they do need to give the bolter a -1 against armor, but it's a big decision because it effectively makes marines 4+.

>In b4 BL retconns that iconic part of 30k away

>In b4 FW doesn't include Sanguinary guard for 30k BA because GW already makes models for those.

... wait a minute am I a pessimist ?!

They will probably get an upgrade kit to make it look a little different.

Eh, it's not like GW didn't launch a Guilliman monstrous creature when Primarch Guilliman already existed. FW now has all the right to do whatever it wants

It is very likely that they do that. They will probably make Lamentii Guard models, cos those were mentioned several times in Retribution

How I think they should do the armour penetrations system :

For most parts exactly the same as it is now, except that if the AP value of the weapon is only 1 point lower than the target's armoursave, the targets recieves a -1 save modifier. Meaning AP 4 knocks down power armour to a 4+ for example. It would make things like heavy bolters a bit more of a consideration.

The system already presented is dependent on both AP (now save modifiers) and strength.
Power swords utterly ignoring power armour yet mauls being a 50/50 chance is better than the current all or nothing system, yeah, but still not enough.
I don't have the rules in my phone and my lap is making a system restore, but strength+save modifiers do make sense.