Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

memememememe Edition

>previous thread
>Shadow War: Armageddon rules:
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/ShadowWar/SWA_Killteams_ENG.pdf

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Tons of sisters and scions fall to chaos, you just never hear about them because when they fall they stop being sisters and scions!

8E spoilers fuckin when

Right right, but how are the 301st Brellian Nameless meant to stay organised as a millitary unit?

Do they just exclusively go by rank?

There is only one case of SoB and zero cases for Scion.

Loyalists coming through.

unlike the others GK will explode if corrupted by chaos in any way (how draigo doesn't explode despite becoming a daemon in all but name is beyond me). wait, scions don't fall to chaos? SoB are protected by faith (and i suspect the church wipes the records of anyone falling kinda like how Halo Spartans are only "missing in action")

serial numbers, earn a nick name, get a color

ugh i fucking hate her.

suggestion
as a squad is 9 dudes and a sarge each grunt is assigned a single digit no and a company name

so AAC 4 for 4th grunt of C squad of A company etc.
seargents get a double digit, signifiying greater rank
junior lt. triple etc

thats also the local name of the rank
double, triple, quadruple

Callsigns. Brellian Nameless contribute huge number of pilots to the imperial navy.

Gotta love nurgle models, usually they show the highest painting level

Man that green is awful.

I fucking hate Chaos so much

I know want to run these guys as a small detachment, alongside Cypher, some fallen, and maybe a inquisitor with dubious henchmen.

Have an entire army of "we're totally the good guys, honest!"

> Chapter symbol is an Ork glyph

make the inq malleus and give him a daemonweapon too

Why do you hate having fun?

>they show how easily people are confused by a few effects and will think a model is masterfully painted when they see some rust

>Alphic Hydras

100% loyal, would trust completely.

The base looks ok. The model looks decent too sans the poor dirtying effect.

>rusty, non glowing plasma coils
ugh, kys

>8E spoilers fuckin when

Who cares, it's gonna be terrible.

Well you know they'll be the most competent and loyal scions until they are activated.

>when you get your lore and background info of 40k from 1d4

fucking kill me

>glowing plasma coils
You mean cold heatsinks.

Well at least it will be better than 7e. It's not like you can make anything worse than 7e

Still looking for some pointers

Psykers each in kataphron for prescience/divination, coteaz is there for interceptor and seizing initiative, Cawl will join a unit of Kataphron with the Dominus and the whole unit will get skyfire/tankhunter/monsterhunter every turn

I'd go with the War Convocation but I'm watering it down slightly.

>tfw the 7 alliances will never come true

how many times are you gonna post this for fucks sake man just try it out.

Lots of SoBs, but only one turned willingly while serving.

Casts a hungry shadow has several ex-SoBs turning to chaos.

Sorry, I'd try it out but I don't have everything as of yet. Posting on the off chance somebody here is familiar with cult/skit

Yes, I'm totally not a chaos lord....nooooo, not me ;)
My metallic blue armour? oh, truesilver, daemon protection.....yes

>heatsinlks
>that glow gree
m8, they are plasma coils
and they glow green, blue or pink

Still not a 50% chance to fall

It's literally a meme than went viral within GW's own studio.

I am and I don't think it's good. Onagers are great, plascal are great, infiltrators are great, you don't need psykers, and you should be running 10 man squads. and get the marines out of there. You clearly just want to be WAAC but don't want to be obvious about it.

there is a story about an inquisitor spending his life hunting down an AL dude.
in the end he is killed and replaced with an identical double

I've been building this list since the latest Dark Angels Book came out. Can anyone tell how my list will do against others? I haven't used them in a game yet.

do you got any proof. cos that stinks of shit.

>Debating about if I want to start up a Scions army or go for a Renegades and Heretics force

Problem solved. They're even red like I was planning

>It's not like you can make anything worse than 7e
GW : "Hold my drink"

Just like in my British cartoons.

GW internal consistency.

I'm sure you can find even more you you dig around older shit.

>Can anyone tell how my list will do against others?
grav cannon grav cannon grav cannon
grav gun * 4
and so on

i hope you will have trouble finding people who play against that shit

He even has a white weapon casing, just like my AL ! Just as planned

Imperium of Order: Space Marines, IG, Eldar, Tau
Destruction: Tyranids, Orks
Necrons: Necrons
Chaos: Chaos

Is surrounding a Baneblade with tanks (at least the exposed front half) my only option of giving it cover? I plan on having an ADL to cover the Lemans/Chimeras for some added durability.

bullgryn should be big enough

I see Aeldari and Tau in separate group - something like "allied xenos" or "reasonable xenos" as other user called them

Buy those new crates, it's big enough to give a baneblade 4+ as its a building and it's cheap

I painted the plasma coils orange/yellow for my guys since I figured they were an actual containment unit of sorts.

>green, blue and pink
would'ya look at that

>litterally unable to create renegade scions until GW spoonfeeds him

It's all coming together, now just throw in a freeblade Knight of questionable allegiance. Then its all set

Also gold, silver and glowing orange.

not in that picture you silly head

Onagers are great as are plascal, infiltrators are good albeit expensive, I understand divination isn't needed on the kataphron but isn't it good?
>10 man squads
This goes against everything suggested to me so far, aside from the plascal squad. In the Convo I get it because you only have 2 troops to start out

>decide to start putting serious work into my CSM
>have tons of magnetizing and building to do from shit like HH to Raptors
>want to have 1000pts in a fieldable position by Sunday
>spend 3 hours fixing up 5 year old daemon Prince instead

I think I'm fucked, fellas

fake, Necrons will be in the order alliance

Even black.

Except modern marines don't have a 50% chance to fall.
The various new indoctrination methods were instituted after the horus heresy to ensure it never happened again, and as such comparing modern marines loyalty to pre-heresy marines is disingenuous.

Moreover, you're flat out wrong on it being 50%. Half the legions fell to chaos, but that was nowhere near half the marines. The vast majority or legions had loyalists elements, which is why stuff like isstvan III happened. That's HH fluff 101.

Stop spewing this retarded meme. Sisters are not better than marines because there hasn't been a sisters heresy, the two groups have two completely different circumstances.

Could I get away with having a squad of 6 slab shields + priest? Or maybe 3 + priest and a couple tanks to help cover the corner/sides. Would be pretty funny to have Obscured, +1 from slab shields and (if you could) Camo Nets on the big tank.

Haven't thought about that either, big cover crates giving a chance of something nice for my Guardsmen is also a nice bonus.

I honestly don't know which way to use a Baneblade (and variants). Moving and shooting sounds fun but a gunline seems more safe.

Also various shades of metal.

Sorry i can't hear you over my non heretic army.

T3 for life!

So, still no decent scan of core rules?

metal coils are the most sensible and also the most reliable

If they're glowing that means they're going to overheat.

My list has 2 wyverns in it in the Artillery detachment, and I want to take 3 mortars for shits and giggles.
I know mortars suck as and I could get another wyvern for 5 point more, but are mortars effective in any way or am I wasting 60 points.
S4 is not bad

I would regard the lack of onagers as a serious problem, those s10 blasts of the NL are really nice on armor (100% chance to pen a rhino while its still in your opponents deployment zone) and those plus the heavy stubber are great for wiping squads.

divination is good but you're jumping through a lot of hoops to get it. I'd rather have more dakka.

You can make an argument that the 10 man squads aren't necessary on the arc rifles because shooting at vehicles 70% of shots are wasted vs 60% for a 5 man, but youll find theyre too fragile. Why not give the alphas in arc squads the arc pistol? you'll want to be closing to 12" anyway for rapidfire.
5 man squads on the barebones vanguard is pointless. They'll get shot off objectives too easily and they don't put out enough firepower to be much good.

>Roboute wakes up
>this really pisses off Mortarion and Magnus despite him never interacting with them during the Heresy
>Lorgar, his most bitter nemesis, continues to chill in the Warp

Wyverns are literally better in every single way desu

I'll make another list for you to critique if you're still around; Is Cawl even worth taking?

It's just the rule of cool.

They'd be blue if we were being realistic but whatever colour acts as an accent on a model is the right answer.

aeiou

why is that scout smacking that poor ork around?

But wyverns aren't as cool as 2 dudes using a tube that shoots bombs

>lalala i cant hear you no sister has ever fallen to chaos

>what is paint?

Lorgar got too many daemonic dicks in him to notice anything else.

Lorgar is busy creating new chaos armies such as Chaos Orks, Chaos Eldar and Chaos Sisters

Stop spamming about Sisters, the latest leaks say they're not even on the radar for 8e.
GW needs to just squat them already.

Even the other ork is surprised

*dial-up noises*

tell me more crone of the warp

I absolutely agree and they need to change it.

Take them for rule-of-cool, you're running two wyverns anyway. One thing I didn't think of is that it might be easier to hide mortar teams than to hide a wyvern.

>T3 for life!
>implying T3 armies can do anything but fail.
T3 armies let cadia fall. T3 armies fucked up the imperium. T3 armies created the ignorant, oppressive hellhole that the imperium now is.

With RotP, T4 armies gave the imperium new hope, a chance at not all dying to chaos, and at some semblance of innovation and progress. And that's all in just one book.
T4 armies are the sons of the emperor, who's blood runs through their veins. T3 armies are mooks who die so that the main characters of a novel can save them.
T3 fags are the worst.

>blue
>realistic

Plasma weapons are most often said to use hydrogen fuel and hydrogen plasma has a pink colour to it.

>I FUCKING 2

lorgar is busy being a faggot

he's tough but without Eternal Warrior he's not that tough. Good distraction carnifex for sure or rapes vehicles if he can get in range. He's such a cool model that from a hobby perspective he's definitely worth $30.

Not the user you're talking to, but I too would like to know if Cawl is worth taking vs a TPD in my War Convocation, as there's only one spot for either of them without taking an allied detachment

You do get paints in various shades of metal, do you not?

But would not make much sense to paint the coils, if the things get super hot. Any paint on them is gonna just fry off. Better to just leave the coils as is.

>'e wuz a gud boy
>tryin ta get hiz life on track

T3 army won the damocles. Twice.

Would you drop the Battle Congregation and take Cawl as the second HQ in a CAD?
Apparently Cawl is best used backed up by a Dominus for repairs but his weapon profiles are just ridiculous

maybe they just re apply it every time they go into battle

>'e only 'ad wun mor WAAGH til 'e got back to 'is li'l spores back 'ome *sniff*

>implying anyone fields T3 tau lists
If you want to make riptides T3 that's fine by me though :^)

you posted the wrong T3 army

kappa kappa kappa aeiou aeiou aeiou soi soi soi soi

>'e jus needed mo teef for dem programz