Gomen

ITT: Neutral Characters done right

>Talim
>Neutral
She's as close as it gets to Lawful Good as it gets in SC. She gives Algol a second chance of all people.

Talim is as good as they come. She is the pure and innocent wind priestess who wants to use her powers to destroy the cursed blade Soul Edge. Just because she doesn't swing Soul Calibur doesn't mean she isn't good.

I can only assume you mean Neutral GOOD characters done right?

If any woman embodies Neutral in the SoulCalibur roster, it's Ivy. Ivy is in it to destroy the blood curse that binds her to Soul Edge and her biological father, the dread pirate Cervantes De Leon. Most of these plans involve destroying Soul Edge in the process. She has taken up alchemy to achieve her goals, and she'll (literally) step on anyone to get where she needs to go.

Wouldn't Mitsurugi be the neutral one?
His only reason for going after Soul Edge is he wants a weapon to be able to keep up in the new age of gunpowder, but when he defeats Algol his conclusion is that he's strong enough that he doesn't need any magic swords to keep fighting.

>Just because she doesn't swing Soul Calibur doesn't mean she isn't good.
In SCIII, she literally does exactly that.

That's a pretty epic cameltoe.

She gets that Soul Calibur is cursed too.
Amy, Cassandra and Seoung Mi-Na are arguably neutral, since they don't have stakes for good or evil, just family.

Yeah, Mitsurugi would be very much a CN character done decently.

What's going on isn't of enormous interest to him. He just wants a good fight to keep testing himself.

What alignment is he?

Yeah, Mitsurugi is THE netural character in the game. He's been characterized as a "golem" of battle, living only for combat and becoming the strongest in the world. He gave up on his quest for Soul Edge, but he still managed to beat the gun - the one thing that threatened his livelihood as a mercenary swordsman. Now he just wants a good fight.

Depends on what game we're in.

Every game.

Amy is neutral only insofar as her fate is tied to Raphael, and she doesn't give a shit about anything else. She's a Debbie Downer, though.

Cassandra is neutral but has good tendencies. She was willing to tell Hephaestus - Greek god of the forge - to get fucked if he was going to get her sister Sophitia, who has a husband and children, to continue the quest to destroy Soul Edge. After SC4, Cassie ended up lost in the ether between realms and is trying to find her sister's soul.

Seung Mina doesn't really have a horse in the Soul Edge/Calibur race. She just runs away from home. A lot.

Man this was objectively the ONLY good Talim costume, why DID they have to go and remove it in subsequent entries?

Soul Edge: CN
Soul Calibur I: NE
Soul Calibur II: NE
Soul Calibur III: NG
Soul Calibur IV: LG
Soul Calibur V: NG

That's just a seam in the wardrobe, user.

You can clearly make out the shape of her pussy lips, though.

Ultimately neutral, I think.

I heard you like frame traps

I'd argue LN for 4.
Soul Calibur isn't LG.

>Those hammer pants

Well they can't exactly make the black guy evil sinc ethat would be racist

>cn
He started as a robber who targets knights who are just returning from wars all wounded/exhausted. That's pretty evil in my book.

He was the bad guy of the third game, you whiner.

I mean, he's straight up the bad guy of the game he first shows up in, it's just that ultimately his intentions weren't evil.

easily avoided if you have more than one black guy

It's still racist.

Friendly reminder that the Soul Calibur universe is hardcore as shit.

How evil can you be when you look like this?

Considering he's a bandit who engages in the slave trade, pretty evil.

Epic bulge, and yes, I'm going to keep pointing out people's genitals when I notice them.

>Lawful Good
Hilde
>Neutral Good
Talim
Kilik
Edgemaster
Patroklos
Sophitia
Cassandra
Rock
Xianghua
Lexia
Natsu
The dumb monkey kid
>Chaotic Good
Phyrra
Viola
Zwei
Yun-Seong
Maxi
>Lawful Neutral
Siegfried
Yoshimitsu
>Neutral
Mitsurugui
Amy
Edgemaster
>Chaotic Neutral
Voldo
Setsuka
Ivy
Algol
Aeon
>Lawful Evil
Soul Calibur
Soul Edge
>Neutral Evil
Zasalamel
Raphael
Cervantez
Dampierre
>Chaotic Evil
Tira
Astaroth

>Edgemaster
Sounds more like a name for chaotic evil character

Not even tumblr thinks that, ya memer. It's not racist if you have people from whatever particular group it is on multiple sides to show multiple points of view because then the character's villainy or heroism is decoupled from their race.

Soul Calibur V's background would be a fucking great place for a campaign.

I feel like Soul Edge would be Chaotic Evil, as its primary goal is to consume and destroy until nothing's left while Soul Calibur desires stasis.

Yoshimitsu robs from the rich and gives to the poor, which I feel would make him Chaotic Good.

Don't think Zas belongs in evil. Ultimately his initial intentions are just to commit suicide, after all, with no greater plan or plot.

And later on, he's actually trying to deal with Soul Edge, since his interests lie in seeing humanity grow. Hell, it even implies he doesn't take a direct hand in it.

He's just a master of weapons who wanders around being an owly shithead.

>Soul Calibur V's background would be a fucking great place for a campaign.
One guy said he wanted to run a Resident Evil-esque campaign where the Evil Seed just launched, and the players have to escape from a city that turned into a madhouse literally overnight.

That's Olcadan, you ding-dong. Edgemaster was a master of all weapons and Kilik's teacher/foster father.

Started NE, become CE, become NG.

Oh yea, wrong one.

He started with evil means for neutral goals, and ended up with neutral means for good goals.
But first he had to be beat the fuck up, and he caused Algol's resurrection which was pretty much a localized armageddon.

>Implying committing suicide is not an evil act
Though it may not make one classifiable as evil under the DnD alignment system. Not sure.

It's a bit different, given that he was otherwise immortal.

>thread has gone this long without best girl

Plebeians

>A no-personality bint who is constantly depressed and dour and is only significant for being Raphael's foster "daughter"
>Best girl

Is he Chaotic or Neutral Evil?

Doesn't really matter. He is Soul Edge's greatest wielder, and even without them, he seethes with the blade's power.

Do what you want 'cause a pirate is ___

You forgot Taki for Lawful Neutral.

Only to restore balance of Nature.

Taki is neutral good. She is a professional demon hunter and blacksmith, and she and Sophitia are collectively responsible for kicking Cervantes's ass in Soul Blade.

Tell me about him. I haven't played SC V yet.

I question that, as at least in IV her stance is largely that the swords are too dangerous and anyone who has had contact with them, even people she's fought alongside in the past, need to be taken out.

Then again IV seemed like a rather sharp swerve for Taki's character, as she'd been much less extremist in her fight against evil before then.

IV was also the game where Tira kidnaps an infant Pyrrha and tells Sophitia that if Soul Edge is destroyed, her daughter dies as well (since she's tied to the blade), blackmailing her into protecting the very sword she swore a divine oath to destroy.

Which means that Sophitia has a fairly legitimate reason for acting in a way she normally never would.

Taki's sudden "I NEED TO KILL EVERYONE WHO KNOWS SOUL EDGE IS A THING" made less sense to me since she's always known what Soul Edge is all about.

Because her clanmaster say so.
Hence Lawful Neurtral.
Same as Yoshimitsu for me, sure he's Robin Hood but his clan law requires the ruitual assassination of his predecessor and they didn't start in a good note. Yoshimitsu I was a good man with vengeance in his heart, Yoshimitsu II is a neutral man with a legacy mission. Neither pursued the destruction of the blade for good itself.

How would you guys run a Souls campaign, anyway?

You forgot best girl, faglord

Though, what system would work best?

Who is this fluid druid

>she'll (literally) step on anyone to get where she needs to go.

That's textbook Evil, son.

Depends on the style of game you'd want to run, I suppose.

I'd default to Legends of the Wulin, but that's because it's my go to for high action stuff, and I've already made it past the awful editing which otherwise imposes a massive barrier to entry on anyone looking into the system.

Song of swords?

Setsuka, a foreigner raised by a samurai master in Japan. Master of the hidden umbrella blade style, she wants revenge against Mitsurugi for killing her master/father. It's implied she's English by blood because of her secondary costume.

I'd take Sophitia, Hilde, Cassandra, Taki, and Tira over her.

Also, she teaches her style to Patroklos of all people.

Prefer her blonde

You can just say you have shit taste user, you don't need to sing it from the rooftops

What makes her Neutral?

Yeah seen a bunch. Who the fuck is Pic?

Switzerland

Talim, from the Soul Calibur series. She's a wind priestess who sets out to destroy a legendary evil blade to restore balance to the world.

>tira
bad pick
the others are okay in my book but there's nothing quite like a bitchy rich girl

WE ARE NUMBER ONE

SC2 did everything better.

>Hording Nazi and Jew gold
>Neutral

True Neutral

What makes her anything but neutral?

Contrary to popular belief, the old rule of not sticking dick into crazy doesn't apply to cuhhhrayzee.

>Cassie ended up lost in the ether between realms and is trying to find her sister's soul.
Probably shouldn't have shit talked an Olympian.

>no-personality
>depressed and dour
Make up your mind.

...I never considered that before. How apt.

They just wanted to live in peace.

>sofatia

Thing is I know Tira is a bad choice, but she appeals to the same part of me that wants to stick my dick in Mileena, Karu-Sil, She-Venom, Harley Quinn, Sawyer the Cleaner, and so on.

One of these days I'm and going to make a terrible mistake.