/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/its-in-the-cards-x1000-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Do you know anyone who LARPs?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!YIgVwQKY!ykGezjo3qppcgHXzTKuBGQ!8N5hQYpA
mega.nz/#F!pBE1hYSK!DQKqkQgl8vs5mV9qaIWDnw
mega.nz/#F!YIgVwQKY!ykGezjo3qppcgHXzTKuBGQ!4EplQDwQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nope cause i have no friends

Whats the consensus on the new CTL2E blog posts

Reposting because I'd like more opinions. CofD WW1 era mustard gas. How'd you resolve it's effects against vampires/mortals.

It's going to cause conditions/tilts. Less for vampires than mortals obviously but what about damage?

I was thinking aggravated for mortals and lethal for vampires per turn of exposure.

Lawn chair fuel

Cucklord

Not really. A while back when someone was claiming to be able to use Perfecting to buff mental attributes they may have been citing things, but they were not realizing that the things they were citing did not say what they seemed to think it did.

Given that a bloodline of Vampires was born out of the mustard gas of WWI, I'd say you could probably make a case for bashing damage only - chemical burns since they don't need to breathe.

I use to LARP but the games currently running in my town are run by control freaks who can't seem to admit being wrong. Ever. About anything.

Someone does not equate to everyone.

I wish the example contracts were less... Boring? really that's the best way to describe them.

The other devblog is an unplayable court right up with no rules and only fluff by an old 1e writer. I HOPE it has mechanics to go with it and this isn't another editing disaster like 1e with its references to 'Performance' and other OWoD mechanics, because it just doesn't seem sound otherwise.

I'm curious. How autistic were they?

Most American LARPs are pretty shit anyway, sadly. I mean rule-wise, they almost always have needlessly complicated tabletop-like rules that nearly defeat the purpose of being a LARP in the first place.

And then there's WoD LARPs themselves, which are a whole entirely different can of worms...

The fact that there are going to be full writeups for the Seasonal Courts makes me happy. I like the old Seasonal Courts even when I admit they don't make sense everywhere. There's something very simple, primal, and easy to understand about that cycle and the associations they gave it.

Extremely, often resulting in rules spergs approaching the game with a D&D mentality (and then being wrong and not actually knowing the books). God awful people to run things for.

yeah but someone can be an example clearly remembered. They aren't the only person of course.

Bashing for vampires. Hard to kill cells when they're already dead.

Too much. It caused blistering, conjunctivitis, and only some times enough respiratory inflammation to kill a guy, I don't think there's any concentration that would strip bone.

Does anyone have a link to that MEGA account that had a shit tonne of lore books and guides?

Are there any limits on the complexity of Platonic Forms with the Reach option?

I want to make a Platonic Cruise Missile.

If you got the scale factors and mana to burn it can be done.

Yeah, it's almost like ACTUAL DEVELOPMENT and infromation is happening after Leftist Nazipuncher WAIFU IS RACIST David Hill left the company.

Also, newbie user, if you're here I'm a long-term Requiem ST. I'd be willing to answer your questions.

I know tons of LARPers.

Mmmmm, use a Rote and spend 1 point of Mana per attack.
For an anti-everything weapon you can carry in your pattern.

Good shit.

I have two, actually.

mega.nz/#F!YIgVwQKY!ykGezjo3qppcgHXzTKuBGQ!8N5hQYpA

mega.nz/#F!pBE1hYSK!DQKqkQgl8vs5mV9qaIWDnw

There's easier and cheaper ways to do that.

>mega.nz/#F!YIgVwQKY!ykGezjo3qppcgHXzTKuBGQ!4EplQDwQ
Yes, that's it.
Thanks for those links

7chan bro. 7chan. Plus I've contributed to those archives, so I feel okay sharing them.

Like? Bar spatial portals, matter resizing, or forces manipulation, I can't see it being feasible, or even possible to carry that caliber of weapon around constantly.

Plus, the Platonic route means there are no active spells until you pull a Fat Man out of nothingness.

Important Question: Do you know what a Cruise Missile's pattern looks like? Have you inspected one with Prime or Matter Sight up?

That's honestly pretty easy to get, man.
With, you know, Magic.

>eurofaggot

You have 2.5 seconds to name your favorite VtM clan, WtA tribe, and MtAs tradition.

>VtM Clan
Toreador

>WtA Clan
Uh.... I guess Glass Walkers?

>MtAsc Tradition
Cult of Ecstasy

>clan
Lasombra

>tribe
Glass Walkers

>>>tradition
Void Engineers

>gay vampires
vagina shapers

>gay werewolves
anything that is the least gay

>wizards
men's club of hermes

Tzimisce
Shadow Lords
Don't care about Mage
None of these are bait

>Don't care about Mage

You need to leave. Right now.

good luck getting the Sympathies required to scry a place with that

Malk, Get, Verbena

Not a eurofag. Just a Vampire LARP fag.

The Order of Hermes is clearly superior among the rest. The largest and most organized as well as the most powerful. Having contributed the most to the magical world and refining magics beyond compare. They also harbored the most Archmages throughout history.

You're all cucks for not choosing them.

>exactly what a eurofag would say

There are no North American LARPfags, only pretenders.

They codified the actual damn Spheres. Of course they're better than any other faction.

There are a thousand ways to get that information, but if you want me to play your game, sure.

I hunt down someone who's previously worked on a carrier holding cruise missiles, shouldn't be too hard to do using Magic and Order resources. Then use Borrow Threads on him to borrow his sympathy to that vessel, then use that sympathy to scry the vessel and its cargo.

Easy.
Or I get some other Mage with Space to do that for me.
Or I borrow an Imbued Item capable of doing that.

You gotta try all the traditions brah, you can't just stick to playing one.

It's a meh splat. Don't be sour.

Yes, tell me more of how one delusional group of play-acting cosplayers is better than all the other groups of play-acting cosplayers. Do they also have better props than the others and is their self-delusion the most interesting of the bunch?

Get ready for a "nuh uhh" response, user.

>using Magic
It's all magic fucking retard
>Order resources
Thats not you doing it either

Show all your work or non of it counts
>Actual Teacher

>the "nuh uhh" response

>Thats not you doing it either
Oh, I forgot that Mages don't have Cabals, Orders, or other groups from whom you can draw resources.

This ain't white room horseshit. I'm genuinely talking about trying to figure something out for my game.

I'd say serious pain related penalties and lethal damage over a longer period of time. Mustard gas wasn't exactly a good way to kill stuff, it was mainly effective because they could blanket huge areas in it such that you can't leave.

I'd say something like, you immediately suffer wound penalties as if you are at your second to last box of lethal (Which if you have iron stamina, undead-itis, etc. can be downgraded), and every (number of turns equal to stamina + 1) you take 1 lethal, which is bashing if you're a vamp or otherwise undead. Mustard gas literally just forms small amounts of acid over all your mucus membranes. It is not some cleverly formulated poison, it's just really easy to make in bulk. Technically it also accelerates the rusting of metals!

Do you even Mage?

>It's a meh splat

No one cares. Mage can still fucking destroy anyone and anything. In potential of course.

Couldn't you just get a disembodied familiar of a sort, send them to that carrier, and then use your sympathy to your familiar to scry through them?

Not in potential actually, as the Kindred can surpass any Mage by becoming Methuselahs and Antediluvians. Read Gehenna.

Malkavians
Stargazers
Hollow Ones

>VtM clan
I really like Tzimisce and Lasombra, but I hate the Sabbat, so I would say my favorite clan is the Gangrel

>WtA tribe
Stargazers, easily my favorite tribe

>MtAs tradition
I don't know much about Mage, but I like the Technocracy more than the Traditions

>ever siding with any flavor of reality fascist

Malks
Get
Euthanatoi I guess? Never got that into Mage

And then any Mage can surpass the Methuselahs and Antediluvians by becoming Archmages.

Do you really want to have this spelled out for the millionth time? Because it's magefags: 999,999 and vampfags: 0.

WHY WOULD YOU POST THIS

How can people here like Glass Walkers and Shadow Cunts?

Indeed.

Disciplines at 10 dots can wreck havoc on continents and sometimes the entire planet, Mages can't actually go that far.

>What is Masters of the Art
I'm not even a magefag, but this bait is damn bad

>what are archmages
>what are archspheres
>what is masters of the art

At this point it's gotta be magefags false flagging and trying to beat a dead horse.

Masters of the Art doesn't actually count as it's no longer canon according to Phil. They're not in M20.

Good, that book was a mistake

You're being deliberately obtuse.

You gotta be.

You never know. It could be a vampfag trying to spite some more by pretending to be retarded.

Or maybe they really are this retarded.

The archspheres are referenced in M20 you dumb fuck.

It's still canon. It literally says so in M20 you god fucking mongrel.

I'm telling you, there's a Vampfag who wants to portray Magefags as asshats and a Magefag that wants to portray Vampfags as asshats

As an ESTREMELY optional book

I think magefags and vampfags are secretly gay for eachother. They're so fucking tsundere it hurts.

>you hear a werefag howling in the distance

It was always optional, you dumb shit.

Meaning you don't have to use if you don't want to.

They say that about practically fucking everything.

It's fucking hilarious when archmagefags think they can just pull their magic shit out of their buttsacks when it requires big fucking rituals to do anything.

You can't just fucking sneeze out planet sized fireballs. Perhaps you should read the rules before you wipe your asses with false assumptions.

You do realize that an archmage with a single 5 in most of the spheres could very easily kill or make any ancient vampire utterly irrelevant?

Prime - Drain the vamp's vitae of all potency, now they're effectively a neonate and a trivial problem.

Forces - What the Technocracy did to Ravnos, focus solar lasers on it and follow up with reality nukes.

Matter/Life - Debatable as to which would be used, but in either case reduce the vamp to dust/chunky salsa. Repeat until vitae exhausted.

Mind - Mages just straight up have better mind magic, if they can't or don't want to kill an elder vamp they just enslave it.

Spirit - Throw the vamp into the Umbra, something out there (probably werewolves) will take care of it.

Time - Groundhogs day loop till you kill it.

Entropy and Correspondence are probably the only spheres that can't deal with an ancient vamp by themselves, but even then they'd be incredibly difficult for a vampire of any generation to deal with.

>bubblegum

What?

My fellow vitae enhanced comrade.

How to "fix" oWoD:
>each gameline takes place in a separate but similar universe
>in the VtMverse, mages just use thaumaturgy and lupines might be angels
>in the WtAverse, vamps are just an early failed experiment at stealth Wyrm agents and Mages are just shamans
>in the MtAsverse, weres and vamps are just a weird case of umbra spirit possession caused by a loophole in the consensus
>supernaturals going from one universe to another get buffed or nerfed by inherent cosmic forces
>in the WtAverse weres always win, in the VtMverse vamps always win, in the MtAsverse mages always win

I always feel so left out, being a nwod changeling fag. Can't wait for onyx path to ruin anything I liked about changeling.

>stupid as fuck

Vampires and wizards are the most popular fantasy humanoids.
All women, and some men, love vampires
All men, and some women, love wizards

You literally don't need to do any of that, because if you're smart and avoid crossover games you can just ignore all the other splats entirely if you want.

If you want to include them you can change them however you want so that they fit your game. You have the power. You don't need some "fix" with an official label on it.

But if that's how you want to do your games go right ahead.

Malkavian Antibru, The one that isn't furry, and Virtual Adepts

>The one that isn't furry
which one?

It's a decent suggestion honestly, I mean how often are you going to be dealing with multiple supernaturals in a single game to a degree of depth that would actually require all of the detail?

Never, unless you're letting your players build whatever character they want without any kind of restriction, in which case you're a fucking idiot who has no idea how the fuck to run WoD.

It's either that or just live with the fact that the general hierarchy is Mages>Werewolves>Vampires whenever your players happen to meet one of the other supernaturals.

>It's either that or just live with the fact that the general hierarchy is Mages>Werewolves>Vampires whenever your players happen to meet one of the other supernaturals
Or just don't include other splats in your game, and if you do just nerf and rewrite them so that they fit.

You don't need some alternate universe bullshit for that.

Glass Walkers I think?

Ventrue, Silent Striders, Syndicate/Order of Hermes

>Correspondance

Sun's shining somewhere, man.

Fuck if I know

In the oWod there were five vampires and three werewolves for every mage, so numbers mattered too.

Yes, and they are autistic and deluded. On one occasion it lead to me dropping one in piles of dog shit.