ITT: Commandments of Veeky Forums that all should follow

ITT: Commandments of Veeky Forums that all should follow.

>Always sleeve your cards
>dont forget personal hygiene
>Be interesting but not a snowflake

>Geek the mage first.

THOU SHALL NOT COOK THE DICE

>1. BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER.
>2. PARTY ON, DUDES. (AND DUDETTES)

Don't be an asshole

>Always use a coaster.

AND SO I HAND THESE DOWN FROM ON HIGH;

>1) Thou shalt not power game
>2) Thou shalt not question the DM's decision
>3) Thou shalt not ask to see the female players boobs
>4) Thou shalt not show to game unwashed
>5) Thou shalt not forget to use a coaster
>6) Thou shalt not enter your magic realm
>7) Thou shalt not play physics; TTRPG edition
>8) Thou shall be excellent to one another
>9) Thou shall read the PH
>10) Thou shalt not talk about politics.

Thou shalt not flick your cards.

I just realised the halo has the Colours

Thou shalt not seek displeasure to express your preferences. Gaming experiences are subjective and nuanced. Deliberately not enjoying yourself is juvenile and self-defeating. The worst day of traditional games is better than the best day of labor.

Thou shalt remember to thin thy paints

>thou shalt not question the DM's decision
As a pretty long time DM now and longer time player, fielding questions is par for the course. Every so often the players make valid points.

A certain GM of mine had campaigns that would be unplayable for a long time if we hadn't questioned his reasoning about the world. Actually, it became a part of the game, the dynamic world building that would happen as we asked why things were a certain way.

At the end of the day you must respect of a DM's final word, but questioning the game world can be healthy and make for deeper, more fleshed out campaigns.

Asking questions is fine, deliberately questioning if something is in the book is not. Or bitching about something that a DM said happened. Or actively ignoring what the DM is saying is happening (i had with this one).

i hate rules lawyers, and if i'm running a game i have the rule of cool and rule of funny in play and more often than not, throw out rules that don't add anything.

A player should respect the DM saying a thing happened, even if it's dumb as shit.

Try to avoid getting into fistfights at the table.
You would think it goes without saying but...well

Thou shalt bring snacks on the day you were assigned to bring them.

>Thou shill not know how to play the game thy are posting about in ye olde Chinese cartoon discussion board

Thou shalt not place thy lands before other permanents.

Cast out the heathen that tappeth counterclockwise for he is not thy brother nor thy friend.

Though shalt observe the holy rit that is the sixth edition rules change.

>Or bitching about something that a DM said happened.

>GM: "I hate your character. A meteor falls from the sky and kills him, roll a new one.
>Player: "What the hell man? What's your problem?"
>GM: "Do not question me, peon."

Obviously an extreme example but sometimes GMs pull some absolute hot garbage thinking they're being funny or clever. Obviously they get something of a pass but saying you can never, ever question what they do just breeds power-hungry morons who think their job as the GM is to "beat" the players.

>saying you can never, ever question
>what was a thing never said for $300?
>oops, double jeopardy!

>deliberately questioning if something is in the book is not. Or bitching about something that a DM said happened
>Or bitching about something that a DM said happened

Don't be "That player".

By that i mean blue players

Don't be a dick.

Thou shalt not touch another gamer's models/cards/character sheet/any other form of playing piece or item, without asking first.

>Thou shalt not be a fucking neckbeard