The evil outsider offers to help your party achieve an objectively good cause

>the evil outsider offers to help your party achieve an objectively good cause
>no strings attached

there is literally no reason to refuse, one simply assumes that there is an ulterior motive to their action rather than altruism (it benefits them)

>"offer"
No, I'm pretty sure I order my summons to do my bidding.

Gets rid of a higher evil outsider in their way? Or maybe it's a Lawful evil vs Chaotic evil thing.

Well then, why is it considered evil?

But of course. If they are looking to redeem themselves then I welcome their aid and likewise aid them on their path to righteousness.

Aye, but we're an all evil party, then what?

>Objective good

>ask if there's any way we can evil it up to make it more fun for them
>no strings attached
Honestly if the fucker's gonna help us, fucker's getting something. I don't like being in debt and gods know I'm not getting involved in a loan with the ruinous powers.

...Okay? I'm an opportunistic fuck who got where I am now by seizing opportunities like this.
I mean, sure, I'll take necessary precautions, like investigating the situation and asking him what he gets out of it, but there is very little to refuse without further context established.

Luckily, they have Marks of Justice for such an occasion

I think I'd expect betrayal at a key point, personally.

I can't see working with a creature made out of Evil backfiring in any way, shape, or form.

Yeah, just MoJ it and have a bunch of people on standby to smite the fuck out of it if it so much as twitches in a way you don't like.

thats always a risk with any allies, even that paladin aiding you might go full "purge the heathens" if he thinks his god told him to

>the evil it's offering to help against is a rival that it wants out of the way.
>the evil screwed it over at some point and it wants revenge.
>the evil works for its old boss and it wants to screw them over.
>it is bored, and this is an easy way to alleviate the boredom.
>it is a degenerate and doing good things with good people is its' fetish.
>the evil did something that makes it so it can't return to its' home plane.

There could be any number of things.

Paladins aren't literally MADE of Evil, though.

No, they're just skeletons wearing meat suits, doing spooky scary skeleton things.

just like everyone else.

It's probably just some fey trying to ruin someone's reputation by impersoning them.

and demons arent 100% made of evil, theres a % of law in there with demons, and a % of chaos in there with devils.

and besides - people do the worst shit when they think its good, at least with demons you know they are selfish

>theres a % of law in there with demons, and a % of chaos in there with devils.

I think you got that reversed broski.

I'd still want to know which of those it is.

If the evil that's helping me fight {evil 1} to hurt {evil 2} when I didn't know {evil 2} was involved, that's useful to know. I like to keep track of which evils I've pissed off.

That demon looks a little young. Where are her parents?

>The evil outsider is an idiot who thinks that the greatest possibly evil is screwing over other evil outsiders

semantics

Who do you think she's helping you kill ?

to be fair, with how bureaucratic the EVIL is, it'll inevitably get around to the point that ten years down the line you'll find yourself pissed off at yourself for apparently no reason what so ever.

>satanichia mcdowell asks to join your group to spread EVIL

I'll take a paladin with a small chance of going "PURGE THE HEATHENS, DEUS VULT!" over a creature that is pretty much guaranteed to betray you once it gets what it wants from you. Paladins generally stab you in the front, at any rate.

semantics are pretty important desu.

It's the difference between the summoning ritual going off without a hitch, and you finding yourself hanging from a flaming tree by your pinkie toe above a pit of lava being a Balor took offense to your calling him Lawful.

>The Sacred Temple of Pelor has been broken into at night
>Nothing was stolen, everything was just really messily rearranged
>The priests had to spend half a day putting everything back where it belongs
>This delayed the daily praising of the sun by an hour and a half

>local churches are broken into, communion wafers eaten
which is LE and which is CE is semantics, what maters is that there is CE outsiders and LE outsiders
honestly, the one you KNOW is untrustworthy and has obvious ulterior motives is preferred by me - at least there you know how far you can trust them

>Disgaea demon
>actually evil

To be fair, Disgaea Demons really aren't so much "demons" in the classic sense, but rather interdimensional ayys with a mentality predisposed towards impulse and lower self-control.

Hence why Mao is the ideal Demon, and the top Honors Student, because he has awful impulse control

Exactly.
Thus, this demon is offering to help the party because it Sounds Fun and no other reason.
Because it's a Disgaea demon.

>Implying it's not because they secretly like and respect them
B-but it's not like they actually believe in that "Love" nonsense or anything. B-baka!

Draw up a binding contract. If they get up to shenanigans, claim eternal servitude. Make contract airtight.

She's full of shit like all demons, smite her. Why people are willing to put up with manifestations of evil just because they're cute is beyond me.

It's not our fault,
If in God's plan,
He made the boner
so much stronger
Than a maaaaaaaaaan!
man

She needs a timeout.

No.if i going to do something i'm going to do it myself and i don't need a devil to "help me"...now get out of my sight before i kill you

there is no such thing as no strings attached.

>Playing a redemption paladin
>This ends up happening at one point
>Decide to take the foul thing in
>Begin teaching the thing about what it means to be good and do good
>It's ignorant as fuck, but that makes it more fun
>Show it the value of altruistic acts, have it assist in them on the daily
>Give sermons in towns, use it as an assistant and example to inspire townsfolk
>It's now slowly crawling towards good, and does not ping as evil anymore

Makes me smile every time I think about it.

Treasure your DM for not being a fall-happy faggot

>that's a dude
My anger is everlasting.

Goddamn I love these characters.

Disgaea DS was my first game with multiple endings. Unfortunately I didn't know that at the time, so I got the bittersweet end where Flonn dies, Laharl gives up his life to bring her back, and he comes back as a prinny. I cried because I thought that was how it ended.

Traveling with the party to achieve this good cause could give it legitimacy or access to something it couldn't reach on it's own terms. Even a brief association could be used against the party later.

Plenty of reason to refuse outside of desperate circumstances.

Guys demons aren't Saturday morning breakfast cartoon villains from the 90s that are incapable of doing good things because they are good.

They conceivably could contribute towards an objectively good cause. Only, they would be doing it because it benefited them or presented opportunities to inflict greater harm. Or maybe they're doing it JUST so they could bait you into stopping them so they could do a dramatic reveal to society and get you shunned and hated.

That sounds more like Devils to me.
I always imagined Demons to be like Kevin Eleven from Ben 10 Classic. Just Huge Selfish Assholes, but they are so Far on the scale, that they'll do stupidly asshole-ish things that either make the suffer in the long term or require more more simply work because they hate having to compromise with others. It works as a good weakness to outsmart them or turn them against each other.

Even a selfish asshole can still do good things. For example, stopping the end of the world because they don't want to die

They will immediately betray you when the world is saved through.