Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Join Chaos Edition

>previous thread
>Shadow War: Armageddon rules:
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/ShadowWar/SWA_Killteams_ENG.pdf

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/04/05/shadow-war-armageddon-rules-support/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is it worth dropping an assault unit, in my case asscents, in a drop pod or going for the LR for the assault ramps?

I've got 3 assault centurions and pedro kantor in a drop pod. If they drop they can flame/shoot, orbital strike, but cannot assault.

If I grab a LR then I can get the assault on the same turn. I am just afraid that they will get blown to bits if they have to sit for a turn.

Reminder that gw is fully supporting shadow war, doomsayers get fucked
warhammer-community.com/2017/04/05/shadow-war-armageddon-rules-support/

First for the Enlightened Legions.

First for orkz!

>Wrapping up a few last Chaos models before taking a break
>Tally up the points of everything, since I never actually checked how much I had
>4K points, easily

How did this happen?

sisters/inquisition/custodes expansion when

Where's the dumbfuck who had an autistic attack when somebody said that ORIGINALLY 40k was designed as an extension of the fantasy universe? Read White Dwarf 93 fucktard. Then neck yourself.

I think they'll be okay if you drop them in cover and have Pedro tank some hits. Being able to fire off melta does mean they might earn some value quickly, while a Land Raider is a pretty large investment for an already expensive squad.

That's what I am feeling too. I love being able to assault on turn one but if I put in the LR then I lose so many points.

I currently have melta on the sergeant and flamers on the other two for split scope shots, do you think all should have melta?

Sup Khornedogs. How do I do a decent looking brass?

Flamers might be fine. My personal preference is a melta on the sergeant so he can split fire and try to blast a tank, but it's probably not going to make or break things.

It should be easily enough to strike them behind a wall and have them stay safe for a turn, though if you're really worried then go for the raider

Im thinking attending a small tournament later this month and could use any advice on how to improve the list. Criticism is very much appreciated because this will be my first tournament.

I'm switching to Tau from SM, cos I like their models and I want to run a gunline of traditional units. Do you think you would enjoy playing against this in a casual setting?

Well, you earn points for having Railsides in that 60" over watch formation. Only thing I would warn against is that Fusion suits tend to be obnoxious, and gun lines in general tend to be more boring due to how static they are.

This is the list I am looking at with the LR

>Cronos Parasite Engine
Is it true that DEldars want to sleep with that thing? What a bro unit.

Why shouldn't I take 6 units of 6 Noise Marines with Icons of Excess, sonic blasters, blastmasters, doom sirens and power swords in Kakophoni formation with a Chaos Lord carrying a plasma pistol, Blissgiver and an icon of 4++?

How well will Harlequins do in Shadow War Armageddon? What will be my best option for making a list?

Balthasar gold, then Liberator gold, then agrax earthshade, then more liberator. Edge highlight with runefang steel if you're feeling edgy.

Oh man, forgot to turn off rules

>Sisters
The day Kirby comes out in public and admits "making only models and no proper games was a mistake"

kirby is gone friend

we rountree now

Because you should obviously take the Shriekwave for maximum noise

This is in drop pods instead of LR

Things shall get loud, now

Amazing. The solitaire is a engine of pain.

I tend to come up against Knights a fair bit, and now my best mate has discovered the Corpse Thief formation for his Dark Eldar. I honestly couldn't really deal with either if I didn't have the fusion suits. I'm expecting them to get murdered the turn after I drop them, and everyone's used to me drop-podding GravCents with my SM anyway.

I know the Imperium hates all aliens, and that the Eldar and the Tau dislike the Imperium.

How are Tau and Eldar relations through? Do they hate or mostly ignore each other?

How should I run them? For my troupe master I'm thinking a power sword and a fusion pistol

>once per game
>doesn't function like a normal siren

Playing in a 500pt last man standing match at a local FLGS. What is the most Dirtiest thing i can do with only 1HQ and 2 Troops?

The eldar couldn't give 2 shits about the Tau but for the imperium thanks to herohammer 40k the eldar and the imperium are in an alliance

The Tau and Eldar relations range from neutral to friendly.

Hey guys looking for some rules clarification please. If I summon bloodletters do they get a banner of blood or just an icon of chaos? Giving them +1 to assault results and the whole daemons deep strike thing, but not once per game 6+d6 for a charge.

Of what faction?

Then take the Bolts of Ecstatic Vision for something closer in function

I can rock any army, i gots the money ready to get it all sorted.

The Eldar named the Tau among the races they were planning to ally with against Chaos. Of all the races in the galaxy, the Eldar name dropped the Tau. This shows how much respect and regard the Eldar have for the Tau to even consider them. though they were dismissed because they were still too young.

>Friendly
>Tau invade craftworld and get BTFO by clowns
>Tau capture wraithconstructs and get BTFO by warhost

Night Lords. Get a Chaos Lord and put them in a max-sized cultist blob, then go to ground in cover for an insanely hard to budge unit.

What the fuck is up with the Traitor Legions supplement and shitty one use only relics?

Chaos Lords are Fearless, which disallows Go to Ground. What you really want is a Dark Apostle next to the cultists granting them LD 10.

anyone else have a urge to start collecting another army when your first isnt even done yet. iv been slowly collecting alpha legion but once i see or hear about another chapter/legion i wanna collect them. man its frustrating

Their interactions are few, but typically they don't clash. Generally though, since Tau prefer diplomacy and Eldar prefer pointless death, the Eldar will go with simply asking them to leave, which the Tau oblige and just pester them for how to contact them later.

Their only major conflict was when Dark Eldar raided a Tau colony then led them to a Maiden world, which the Tau 'ruined'. Unlear if that means an attack or just not wiping their feet, but eve, that was resolved as a misunderstanding afterwards.

Neutral to friendly. Alaitoc and Ulthwe are friendly to the Tau. Ulthwe treat the Tau fairly in war and with much more respect than they show to the humans (See Dwan of War).

>>>Tau invade craftworld and get BTFO by clowns

Dead Craftworld and it falls under neutral because the Tau were trespassing and the Harlequins acted accordingly.

>>Tau capture wraithconstructs and get BTFO by warhost

The initial Tau force was defeated after it defeated the initial Eldar host. Then the Tau came in force and the two sides went into a full scale war.

Both Tau and Iyanden found out that they were tricked into fighting each other by the Dark Eldar. Once this was revealed both factions disengaged. The Tau tried to reach out to Iyanden but the Eldar of that craftworld gave them the cold shoulder. The fluff says that diplomatic relations between the Tau and Iyanden are difficult and strained but it appears not hostile.

Well, you'd still have a 3+ in ruins on a fearless blob, which is all you need really. Could alternatively go with a Sorcerer, or like you said, a Dark Apostle buffing 2 blobs both with Zealot.

Don't the Eldar consider outsiders stepping foot on a Maiden World to be worthy of death?

I have for sure. Haven't even painted most of my imperial guard and already want to start skitarii and custodian guard...

Yeah, pretty much. Which is why the blurb describing the conflict that say they 'ruined' it doesn't make it clear. Odda are though, the Tau sent some pathfinder there looking for the raiders, since they don't know what a webway is, and they got sniped by rangers.

The Tau glassed the maiden world. The Eldar responded by leaving the new Tau colony of Kel'shan in ruins.

I know that feel. My murderbots are not done yet, but I would like to get at least the SC boxes of Khorne daemons, Sylvaneth and Lizardmen. It's not even that I couldn't afford it, but I'd rather have my first army completed.

Tau are the bro-est of races. You cannot dispute this.

Sounds good, if i was playing without night lords, would it be a nerf?

Those don't work with the model. You know which model, right?

>pauldrons literally hovering over naked shoulders
I know it's Chaos armour and they don't gotta explain shit, but... really?!

The Eldar really should put fat warning signs on their Maiden Worlds. How were the Tau to know they weren't allowed to glass it?

Farseer on a jetbikes with two squads of skatbikes using ynnari rules

The benefit of Night Lords is stealth for the blob the HQ joins. 3+ cover is quite the nice boost for that many models, and it doesn't cost you anything except passing up marks.

According to the op from another site, this was a 'friendly' battle between tau and sob.

Because it's expensive and slow.

>The Tau glassed the Maiden World

Source on this? Because I'm pretty sure the side blurb uses fairly vague terms, and indiscriminent orbital bombardment isn't really the Tau's thing.

Either way, it's still the worst conflict they've had, and even it only lasted for a few weeks until they cleared up the mistake.

At least your gas masks actually have filters...
The tubes just dissappear into the hat

By not just glassing random planets. Anyone would be pissed off, if they found out someone destroyed their planet. They are quite lucky it was only some Eldars, and they didn't cause more harm then destroying one of their planets in turn.

I deleted my Reddit account specifically so I didn't have to see posts from Reddit

Hey guys looking for some rules clarification please. If I summon bloodletters do they get a banner of blood or just an icon of chaos? Giving them +1 to assault results and the whole daemons deep strike thing, but not once per game 6+d6 for a charge.

>Source on this?

Iyanden supplement. The timeline section. The Tau thought it was a Dark Eldar base of operations.

The hat is lined with filters obviously.

seems like you fucked up by having a Reddit account in the first place

>painted tau
Im calling bullshit

Anyone have any experience with SLA 3d printers and scanners?

Is that even possible? theres no buldge or bump in his head or anything.

No one?

They were baited into it by the Dark Eldar. And no-one wants to fight Dark Eldar within visual distance, so the Tau did literally nothing wrong by nuking it from orbit. They just didn't know it belonged to the Eldar, and not their sick fuck relatives.

Appalling

Alright everyone, let's pretend this thread is on the reddit 40k sub

I'm really not following the logic here

>Colony attacked by really spikey pirates
>only other thing in the sector is this really nice habitable planet
>no indication it's claimed by any faction
>scans show only a few buildings and outposts at most, because maiden worlds are just nice planets the Eldar called dibs on for the future, rather than full blown colonies
>the Tau, instead of their usual methods of sending in scouts to investigate, opening diplomatic channels, or launching precision strikes on what they assume to be pirate hideouts, are going to glass the entire planet
>launch hundreds and hundreds of plasma bombs and torpedos, wasting their relatively limited resources, in order to burn down what appears to be a lush garden planet

Absolutely 0 sense to assume they meant glassed

I didn't know Valhallans had masks too
I would have probably chocen the V for my army if they had at least an officer and heavy weapons teams.

Everyone makes mistakes. At least he took steps to correct himself.

"Alright, the rhino is coming along nicely. I hate freedhanding but the squad markings are finally done. All that is left is to wash and edge highlight and I am done with this guy."

Man, this is why Tau get a bad rap. I just want to play fire warriors and suits, don't boycott me because tardface brings multiple Riptides

I was mainly asking what specific word they used to describe the attack.

On a scale 1-10 how important is the DG decurion?

>taus are painted

oh look, free upvotes

"Destroyed"

I dislike that guy even more for owning multiple Stormsurges. I can at least understand why someone would want a Riptide outside of cheese, but Stormsurges just look like garbage

that III
ahaha at least you tried

Somebody else thinks chaos in general is cringeworthy but tzeentch/thousand sons are actual decent?

Important to who?

Riptides were only ever for the cheese. They don't even have a silhouette.

To the person using it.

So they're invisible from the side?

>start 40k
>decide to go back on Reddit after years for advice because Veeky Forums was having autism about something else that day
>"wow your shitty first list looks great man, make some minor tweaks and you'll be golden, don't forget to upvote my comment!"
>"Le metal boxes XD"
>"there are no bad or good armies or lists, just play what you enjoy"
>been playing for years now
>instantly call out someone's list if it's shit
>fling insults on Veeky Forums constantly even if they know better than me
>literally no joy in my soul as I farm (you)'s
>am become neckbeards

Should have been around for the made to order, Got all my heavy weapons and officers when that happened.
Got 2 lefttenants, 2 meltas 2 flamers 3 heavy weapon teams, was set

I admi that I don't know the actual reason for the attack, or if they even attacked in the first place. It just seems really dumb that they would just go and nuke the planet from orbit, instead of sending some drones down for investigation.

I mean they are giant mounds of blocks with a huge gun hanging off one side. It makes absolutely no sense that they have jet packs.

....I don't play Tau and think Stormsurges look cool.

>at LGS
>watch guy there get rekt by someone else's army
>as he walks out he gripes a little
>"you know sometimes you just can't get through the cheddar"
>guy who beat him waits for him to walk out
>"you know it always warms my heart when people complain about My army being cheesy"

Guess what army he played, the answer won't surprise you

>Ork haka
I was greatly disappointed not to see a dozen orks stomping around bellowing and slapping their thighs.

Tau

FUCKING ORK PLAYERS REEEEEEE