The nation is well-known for its blood cheese...

>The nation is well-known for its blood cheese, called so because boiled pig's blood is added to the cheese before it ripens.

>An eccentric vampire uses human blood instead, even going so far as to drain and replenish willing donors of their blood. His blood cheese is considered a rare delicacy among maneaters.

Other urls found in this thread:

metro.co.uk/2015/06/11/bad-news-for-anyone-who-likes-to-drink-camel-urine-5240920/
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3370464/Saudi-authorities-close-shop-selling-traditional-camel-urine-drinks-discovering-owner-filling-bottles-bodily-waste.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_boy_egg
nordicfoodlab.org/blog/2013/10/bog-butter-a-gastronomic-perspective
link.springer.com/article/10.1051/dst/2010029
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1979.tb10061.x/full
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1974.tb02954.x/full
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's neat...what, there's nothing else add. It is a genuinely neat little idea. Not enough content to base a plot hook around by itself, but an interesting little bit of side fluff.

Soundd pretty civilized
Well, cheese aids is propably curable anyway

Sounds dumb

Pretty much this.

My players would probably make a point to eat it once but nothing beyond that.

>a thing happened
Is this hypothetical thing happening inside a traditional game?

>cheese aids
Would aids survive the boiling? If it were raw blood being added then it would certainly be a concern.

I'd be more interested in seeing how this vampire mass-produces blood.

>Find ancient demonic summoning ritual that requires a circle of ten skulls.
>halfway through the ritual the skulls start bleeding from the eyes.
>create altar for ritual that gathers all the blood.
>Infinite food source so long as I keep blueballing this demon.
>Infinite blood cheese, infinite profit.

Cheese Necromancer would find a way to do it better.

The cheese is a rare delicacy. It's not something you mass produce.

Fuck you, Friedrich, your heaping piles of mold are just mass-produced garbage made by mindless skeletons. My cheese wheels are an artisan's work!

Always wondered why necromancers used skeletons and not giant blobs of preserved blood.

Boiling the blood doesn't sound like a good option. Cheesemaking doesn't traditionally involve boiling anyway (except some heating for some cheeses. Ofcourse most milk products are pasteurisation beforehand nowdays) and boiled blood would chance change texture.
Most consumers of the said cheese would most likely be either undead or biologically very dissimilar from humans anyway

> The vampire plans on turning maneaters into thralls through use of the human blood cheese

> A rival vampire hires the party to kidnap the eccentric vampire to turn him into vampire blood cheese

> An unknown cult sneaks a willing human to be a blood donor, unbeknownst to the vampire this human has diseased blood that will infect the cheese

> Unaffiliated vampires from out of town like the human blood cheese so much they decided to skip the cheese part. Party may be hired by the eccentric vampire to rout these unwanted vampires

> Donors claim to be willing but family members of a donor insist the donor is not who she claims to be

> Eccentric vampire pays well for blood and slowly begins to consolidate economical and social power, using that to insert himself into politics

> The Eccentric vampire is still a vampire and needs to be destroyed

>Be working in cheese factory.
>preparing daily ritual for blood for the blood cheese.
>suddenly hear a cry of "DEUS VULT!"
>Armored psycho comes crashing in to destroy the altar, claiming that he's here to stop me from bringing about the end of days.
>WTF, Dude, I was just making cheese.

>blueballing this demon

i chortled

>Regional dominant religion will integrate blood cheese into their religious sacraments.
The blood and milk symbolise the the gift of strength and life from the Creator and the blessing of fertility from the All-mother.

Gordon bleu-balled demons.

kek

Tyromancers of the plane unite!

Yes, yes, very funny story. Such a thing would never happen in real life, right? HOWEVER

metro.co.uk/2015/06/11/bad-news-for-anyone-who-likes-to-drink-camel-urine-5240920/
>[Middle Easterners drink camel urine] because of a passage in the Hadith (Muslim holy book) that exalts its virtues.

But wait, it gets better!
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3370464/Saudi-authorities-close-shop-selling-traditional-camel-urine-drinks-discovering-owner-filling-bottles-bodily-waste.html
>Saudi authorities have closed down a shop selling traditional camel urine drinks after discovering the owner had been filling the bottles with his own bodily waste.

Look me in the face and tell me that this wouldn't be a weirder plot hook than a vampire using real human blood in his pig blood cheese. I dare you.

I assume skeletons are more versatile than blobs

Imagine if this vampire decided to use demons in other ways, like binding a completely impotent demon to his cheese wheels.

>When eaten, the demon releases his full malice on the one who consumes it.
>The demon is so weak that it just makes the cheese extra spicy.

This is how you don't get rich.

>pig blood for the kine
>kine blood for the vamps
>vamp blood for the masonry

What. Skele-wheels.
But instead of normal wheels.
They roll around in cheese wheels.

DRAW THIS

This is a good thread and I love all of you.

Meh. It wouldn't.
I've seen people washing their hair with cow piss. It gives a nice red shine.
Cheese is more interesting.

Volume: 1 bloodslime = 10 or so skeletons, so when all you need is lots of menial laborers you use skeletons en masse.

Basically when you hit the skeletony bit sof a necormancer's abode you're either in a construction area or in his main abode where he's risen a lot of wait staff.

The disparities in work conditions between construction skeletons and "house skeletons" leads to the house skeletons often being bullied by the construction skeletons who've grown larger and thicker from their greater milk rations and lifting lots of things and putting them down again.

I thought the middle-east couldn't be more stupid. But it is. Once upon a time I thought it was a vibrant and ancient culture full of nobility and sophistication. Every time I learn something new about that patch of the world it just makes me feel contempt for it.

Cheese necromancer would put powdered animal bones into the cheese mix, then reanimate it to take on any form he wants, and redistribute their mass whenever someone removes part of them to be eaten.

It's extremely popular at weddings, where instead of ice sculptures, animated cheese swans serve themselves to you.

It could also be animated to change the texture of the cheese as you eat it, meaning that you could eat the same cheese as a cream, a mist, or a hard slab.

>The vampire also uses cheese made from human breast milk

A cheese can be both good and affordable Tristan!

Why haven't we discussed magic foods more often? Shit, between these discussions, Dungeon Meshi, Shokugeki, Toriko, and any other food-venture type media, we shoul already have made a food setting and system.

Well then, maybe you should prove it by producing something that's actually palatable!

B-but that's not kosher!

We were already mixing blood and dairy. It was never kosher in the first place.

This is going places

What an artist.

This thread is genius. I love you all and want to fill you each with babies.

What system is this and how do I inject it into my body?

Breast milk is actually kosher though

This is what you do when you already are rich.

Where's my blue blood cheese?

You know what, maybe I will, what with ALL THIS MONEY I've got to invest in research and development. Face it Tristan, you lack innovation, and good business-sense, you're worse than the dwarves in that way. You're a master of your craft, but craft no longer stands on its own in these times.

Blue vein cheese

FUCK THAT. THESE TIMES SUCK.

MAKE GOLARION GREAT AGAIN

Gentlemen please, you both cater to different niches and the Evil Cheese community is better for it.

Stay out of this Geoffrey, you're only doing this because your bread and wine piggybacks on both of our business.

>greater milk rations

Kek

Please remember that people in your culture eat lots of disgusting animal products, and the only reason why you don't think it's disgusting is because you were raised from infancy to view it as "normal".

LOL what a faggot

Can I get a screencap of this thread? Shit is golden.

Yes...yes...well done Middle East, well done. HOWEVER:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_boy_egg

>Virgin boy eggs are a traditional dish of Dongyang, Zhejiang, China in which eggs are boiled in the urine of young boys, preferably under the age of ten.

my culture doesn't do anything with piss, actually. piss doesn't have a nutritional value. organ meat isn't the same as bodily waste.

>piss doesn't have a nutritional value.
Neither does candy.

Actually, let's be honest, Human blood tastes delicious.
Only problem is it's saltness due to large amount of salt in our dishes.

Candy is also made of things that have palatable tastes, is generally indulgent and typically sweet.

Urine is none of those things. I would not drink urine to savor the experience.

Ass-salami Al-male-cum, my friend
are you seriously comparing a candy with piss?

>are you seriously comparing a candy with piss?
No? I think piss is gross. I'm just saying, "no nutritional value" is not a good argument for avoiding something.

Get a load this edgelord

Weird food preparation methods are all over the place. There's a type of cheese where they ripen it in the rind buried in manure to speed up the process.

Not being an edgelord
just saying this. It is somewhat tasty.
then again, you have an entire cultures that drinks camel piss, so...

the red stuff in OP pic is port wine. blood doesn't ferment in any conceivably useful way. you wouldn't get "blood cheese", you'd just get a rotten mess.

Some delicacies are just experiments to see what you can get people to eat.

Yeah, I love lutefisk but since it's white-people food nobody cares. If it was a traditional third-world dish people would be hooting about the dumb sandniggers eating lye.

>you'd just get a rotten mess.

Ah, so *REALLY* good cheese then?

certainly more structurally sound

not when you mix it with human blood

see
but this happens in Europe, so it's perfectly fine :^)

>but this happens in Europe, so it's perfectly fine :^)
I said "third-world", didn't I?

And yet they drink piss whilst declaring eating bacon dirty.

>Scandinavians
>Food
We all know they eat the most disgusting shit there.

>The urine is sourced locally by each vendor.

I don't know why I laughed so hard

Plot hook thread?

Too late, we've already gone fully Andrew Zimmerman, and then a little past it.

we can't just have it be "an eccentric vampire" we need his surname
so we can name it after him

>willing
Mind control and debt slavery don't count as "willing" user

Dude, we laugh in the third world about you idiots eating lye

>The nation is well-known for its blood cheese, called so because boiled pig's blood is added to the cheese before it ripens.
I'm reasonably sure someone in Europe had tried this eventually out of curiosity or pure hunger attempting to stretch food resources.
It probably doesn't work or tastes like shit, fantasy magic/setting aside.

Where's that blood going to go? Anything that's not serum is just going to sit on the outside of the cheese rotting.
In theory you could innoculate the blood so it ferments somehow but it would probably rot faster than it grows, say, white salami mold.

FA/tg/UYS, TO ME!
Is there any historical or scientific precedent for how this could work at-fucking-all? I'm legit curious.

Reminds me of bog butter.
Nordic Food Lab is fucking fascinating.
nordicfoodlab.org/blog/2013/10/bog-butter-a-gastronomic-perspective

He's just a Muenster.

Bludveist. Because why the fuck not?

Bludsviss is also acceptaple, though ten times as ham-fisted.

Nosferondue.

A winner is u

Currently looking at the abstract of a scientific paper that uses pig's blood to deactivate the rennet (the bit of shit and stomach lining used in cheese production) in a cheese to see what happens - specifically they added pig's blood into the cheese mixture process midway through the renneting process:
link.springer.com/article/10.1051/dst/2010029

So blood cannot cheese in regular form due to one destroying the other like cosmic opposites or something.

AIDs begins to die once exposed to air, about 10 seconds. Boiling would definitely kill it.

It's HEP B that lasts up to 10mins after exposure to air. That shits the scary one.

Hepatitis C is a total bro though.

Can this just be a thread about dumping random ideas?

>A character who is so rich that he uses his money like a form of magic called 24k Magic

Good pun.

Dammit. Well, blood sausage with cheese in???

No no, Bread and cakes with blood in place of eggs:
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1979.tb10061.x/full

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1974.tb02954.x/full

(second paper notes that bread using blood in it has very high protein content for bread; at last a bread fit for Veeky Forums?)

Holy fuck that is cool as hell. Crosspost this shit to Veeky Forums!

But human milk cheese must be included for maximum DECADENCE