So how powerful is this?

So how powerful is this?

more

lets you cast all suspend cards immediately

>Yes is can cast AV the turn it comes down
>No it can't

Commence.

this is just superior Roast, which saw a ton of standard play.

I mean its literally Roast, without restrictions, and another card stappled on.

any grixis control deck will run like 4 of these.

Does this turn my Lotus Blooms into Black Lotuses?

>ZADA
>TURN DOUBLER
>BEATSTICKS
>ONWARD TO GLORY
>THIS
ALL THE DAMAGE YOOOOOOO

yes.

wtf I'm rich now

this is monster of a card in some sort of red/black red/green aggro deck.

who even needs pummeler, just pump the fucking team.

this card is instantly a legacy and modern staple, possibly a creator of all new deck.

also fucks any sort of Thalia or other such "taxers"

roast dealt 5 damage, but no flyers is a pretty big restriction. i think it will see some play but i doubt it will be as used as roast, we will see.

how so? explain your thoughts please. IT seems to me that the slowness and the once per turn clause make it pretty useless for modern

I think we've found one of the major reasons of the rules changes for split cards.

Who needs this when Fling is in the same standard as Pummeler?

>Zada
>Targets two things

It's good for the same reason Aether vial is good, and you arn't locked down to once per turn.
Its pretty damn good.

It said once each turn, though that means once on yours, once on your opponent's

???

???

Aether Vial costs one mana

So this is basically aether vial that works for everything and also gives you an additional free instant spell, right?

You can't lock in a cmc like Vial can. That's it i think.

>BR shaping up nicely

cool daddy-o

Aether vial also forces you to have the exact cmc, so this thing is superior in three ways(while also costing thrice as much).

see

>It's Equal to or Less than; not just Equal to
>All spells, not just a single spell type
>Each turns, not just your turn

It's solid and has a lot of potential: especially for a blue. I'll probably include it in my Grixis Control and/or Temur Tower decks. I can't wait to win a game by Flashing in a Torrential Gearhulk for free.

As far as I can tell, it does work. I think the reason it's worded so weirdly is to account for casting cards from zones other than your hand and to not allow you to get around timing restrictions.

Just cast each part individually

Could be a one of in my delver sideboard to go along with my 2 surgicals. synergizes well with snapcaster thanks to cycling.

That's one happy toobie.

>the year of our lord two-thousand ten and seven
>being this fucking retarded

This looks good too.

Wut

no it doesn't. I could just play Nihil Spellbomb if I wanted that effect but better.

It's garbage. It could look good if you never saw a piece of GY hate in your life, and even then...
This card is shit.

>Adding injury to insult
You're doing it wrong

>that one user clinging desperately on the card is shit dreams
that's pretty pathetic.

That's an actual card? Holy hell I am putting this in my populate EDH deck.

It's just Insult to Injury.

But with that card the insult happens first, and then you add the injury afterwards.

They don't care. They just want a (word) to (word) name for the cards.
I never heard of Cut to Ribbons before.

So, Suspend cards that As Foretold can play when dropped:
>Ancestral Visions
>Hypergenesis
>Living End
>Lotus Bloom
>Restore Balance
>Wheel of Fate

Which are worth playing?

Cut to Ribbons is a pretty well known saying.

All of the above.

I was just reading them like split cards. Insult/Injury, Cut/Ribbons

AS FORETOLD DOESN'T WORK WITH CARD WITH NO MANA COST (MANA COST =/= CMC)

A DELUSIONAL TRIPFAG'S OPINION MEANS NOTHING

Uncommon bears with upside, "garbage"!!!
If this is the world we live in then I don't want to live in it anymore.

That's a legal judge

please...just stop

>someone mentions playing a card as a sideboard card in MODERN
>compares to a 2 mana 2/2 that is almost a strict downgrade compared to Scooze

Ah yes, a """judge"""

Those can't ever be wrong, right?

that doesn't have provided any decent explanation...

Well, they generally have a pretty good understanding of the rules. Unlike you.

"For a spell you cast"
I assume that means it doesn't work with suspend, as you'd have to actually cast the card to be able to pay zero (0) for it.

She says further that it's making it an alternate cost. Since it's "Pay 0 RATHER THAN pay the mana cost", it turns a mana cost of null into a mana cost of 0.

I'm currently enjoying all the hating neckbeards getting aneurysm. Please don't stop it.

He's the judge who makes the judge threads, so his opinion has more weight then you think. I'm not saying what he said is definitely right, we'll have to wait and see for the rulings.

I'm not sure that ability qualifies as an "upside" when it's such hot garbage and requires you to sacrifice your bear.

Listen if you don't like this world why don't you warp back to Kamigawa where most of these card power levels seem to be coming from.

>Implying kamiya was had low power levels
U wot m8

I don't understand you idiots, Ancestral Visions specifically works with Fist of Suns, and Fist of Suns is worded exactly like As Foretold right down to the awkward "rather than" and "you could cast" clauses, and we have a great comprehensive rule 117.6 and 117.6a to clear shit up to tell you you can do this but apparently this is a teenage Tibetan tapestry forum and so we're obliged to just argue incessantly about things that don't really matter in the grand scheme of life.

In that light, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BTFO FAGGOT CRY HARDER BECAUSE YOU'RE WRONG HAHAHA GO SUCK A (((DICK)))

one of the worst wording ever, couldn't they just write "once each turn, you can cast a spell from your hand with converted mana cost X without paying its mana cost, where X is the number of time counter." ?

But then you could cheat out suspend cards

It had some really stupid mechanics that made you cut off a limb and use it to buttfuck the ashes of your ancestors just to get like a +1/+1 until end of turn.

Look I know we look at Jitte, Gifts, Lava Spike, Top and Sakura Tribe Elder with nothing but fond memories but you also gotta remember that they were the deviations to the mean that was stuff like Numai Outcast.

But you already can with the present wording though.

>I don't understand you idiots, Ancestral Visions specifically works with Fist of Suns, and Fist of Suns is worded exactly like As Foretold right down to the awkward "rather than" and "you could cast" clauses, and we have a great comprehensive rule 117.6 and 117.6a to clear shit up to tell you you can do this but apparently this is a teenage Tibetan tapestry forum and so we're obliged to just argue incessantly about things that don't really matter in the grand scheme of life.

Why do I get the feeling Wizards is going to change the ruling on how suspend card works like they did with split cards?

Yeah I think they might, knowing the fuckers.

You'd be looking the change the ruling on Costless spells though.

I'm sure the brain aneurysms have killed several of the useless sack of shits here so even if they do change it, it's all good.

Why would they? It basically only works with Ancestral Vision really.

But man, this is pretty exciting.

Would that version interact differently with Thalia and sphere effects?

I hope ninjutsu comes back one day. It's such a cool and unique mechanic with so much potential it's a shame we have it on only like 10 cards or so

Nevermind, Restore Balance is legal in Modern.

Haha, this is so going to get banned.

rip in peace living end
j/k you were trash anyway

Lotus Bloom my nigga, I'm not sure Wizards wants their most expensive (((Collector's))) card to be playable in Modern

You can cast Ancestral Vision or Restore Balance the turn it comes down.

This is going to be a deck.

Look at this hippo going RRREEEEEEE over As Foretold

Are you guys aware that there is this little card called thirst for knowledge That draws 3 cards for 3 mana and two cards.
It's pretty busted, don't tell anyone about it.

Lol.

I just had to reread it.

It's
once

each

turn

Ancestral Vision is an instant

So you can go, cast this, cast Restore Balance, do your shit, pass turn, cast Ancestral Vision during opponent's turn.

Jesus.

>Ancestral Vision is an instant
I hate to break this to you familia...

Well, fuck. Right.

Damn it.

oh wow i can tap out for my 3 mana draw 3 cards discard 1 now and immediately die
aether vial is 1 mana
fuck i already typed my catty response

oh wow Restore Balance

Don't be dumb.

>counters when tapped out
Woah. To slow for legacy I think, but it might make interesting modern stuff.

The real shame is that Hypergenesis is banned in Modern or else we'd have ourselves a proper Show and Tell deck in the format.

Hypergenesis doesn't need As Foretold to be busted.

>playing restore balance
what happens when you don't draw as foretold

when i don't draw as foretold, i would be having 8 lightning bolts in my hand so that's not an issue at all.

i don't get this meme

Predictions for the aftermath cards in HoD?
>Cheek//Cheek
>Got//Go
>Man//Woman
>Tear//Shreds
>Went//Shit
>Dare//Dream
>Means//End

Working//Freedom

See

I like Need//Shit and Go//Hell

Hell//U
9S//B
I just want//Say I love you
Shakur//Pac
It takes two//Tango
Can you feel the love//Night

Well, you will still run Ancestral Visions and Path to Exile and probably Lightning Bolt if you go red.

It can't. As Foretold lets you pay an alternative cost as you're casting it; can anyone explain to me when you think you're casting AV from your hand?